(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

tzac, all the best to BT tmr! I'm sure it's positive ...

Ariel, ask u, are yr boobs/nips and sometimes belly itchy? Haha I itch frm time to time esp after shower and gg to bed...

Bbliss, hope u mange to get appt to see dr Loh tmr ya... Rest well,hug hug

Kimmy, no itch for me.. Not much appetite tho. Bot enfa mama choc drink to supplement nutrition.

Tzac, you shall hear good news tmrw!

Bbliss, rest and all shall be well.

Hi Kimmy >> How is Queenie now, has she done the transfer in her 2ww now, this morning forgot to bring handphone to work, so cannot sms her also.. sob...

Good morning Tzac >> Big day for you, Baby Dust Baby Dust :D

Hi Bbliss >> Good morning, hope u are feeling much better now.

Hi Ariel >> Good morning to you too :D

Hallo bbnn!
I juz finish drawing blood at Kkh thalassemia. Annoying leh, nurse tell me all scenarios like if husband and I got alpha levels then pregnancy will be terminated natural anyway, then if beta level (which is not the case) then kid cannot live pass 30. Mood spoiler! Luckily another nurse saw my face and said think positive, shouldn't be. Faint!!!

Queenie at Kkh now also waiting to see doc to advice her ET date! Hehe

Aiyo Kimmy, why the nurse like that, sometimes for the industry they are in, seems like very negative, One of the previous Dr i see before also the same, "Wah your baby high chance of Down" Imagine, me and my hubby, tried so hard for this baby, and he tell us this kind of things, and than he very negative and gloomy, but when he adds up, he mentioned got couples via Blood test and etc, confirm baby is DOWN, but when born, perfectly fine, really we did not know how to react. But i guess, they just want to safe guard themselves but at the expense of our hearts dropping.

My girl girl not feeling well today, so might be taking half day to bring her to the clinic later. If so, i will be Missing in action this afternoon, i just hope she does not run into a fever.

How come Queenie already on leave before ET?

What to expect at your week 6 scan? All I know I have to do is to do a scan an hour before meeting dr loh at clinic D..but can I ask the person doing the scan any questions? Like is there any sac or heartbeat?

Kimmy, why you suddenly need to go for thalassemia test leh?

Tzac, all the best for BT result today! I'm sure you pass with flying colours
happy.gif

Hello sisters

Its confirmed n i can officially join now. I m so happy n wat a wonderful present to me :)

Kimmy, y u need to go for blood test?

Bbliss, how r u?

Hi all, can i join this forum too? Saw few familiar names from the previous thread;)

Tzac, congratsss!!! I know u will make it!

Bbliss, hope the cramps will subside soon after all the progesterone jabs and resting at home..

Kimmy, good to see you here again..

Welcome Ashley! Hehe of course can join!!!

Congrats tzac!! I knew it!! Welcome officially, wahahaha

Peko, don't know why Kkh mess up, keepig asking me to redo blood test once I was tested for thelessemia minor before I started my cycle... Dh got say why can't they communicate properly among themselves! Make me go down again and again! Then today they said after this no need liao.

Bbnn, oh no hope yr girl recovers soon! Ya I guess the nurse wanted us to be prepared for the worst tho I told her my DH negative.. She still can say is it? Ya I think so... Grrrr

I went pte gynae! Lost 1kg! HAha nurse ask me not eating well ah...I said no ah, but I just poop. Haha!!! Anyway I saw hb today! Flicker flicker flicker
happy.gif
saw yolk sac.
Only week 9 then can hear hb. Yay!!! So went for antennal blood test too. Nice day!

Tzac, hugs and congratulations! So so happy for you! Haha your hpt collection can throw away oredy
happy.gif

Kimmy I thot you were seeing your pte gynae? Why the thalassemia test? Don't listen to the naysayers, listen to the good stuff
happy.gif
all is well. Btw, I can't tahan already. Made appt with the gynae you saw for tmrw. Dh will be away on 16 so I want him to know one or two bbs before he leaves!

Welcome Ashley! When's your scan?

Hi bbnn!

Ariel, i hope it's twins! ;) i want twins for myself, might as well right, after all that we've been through! My next check up is on 26aug, not sure if it's what you girls call 6wk scan, cos by then actually i won't be 6wks yet. Count day ET as day 0? So you're going to see that dr.chris ng? Good luck and am sure your DH would be happy to know before he goes biz trip!

Kimmy, so nice to see Hb and yolk;)

Me still suffering from tummy swelling and severe constipation, rrrggh!

Wave ashley, good to c u here :)

Kimmy, yeah its a relief when i receive the call fr kk. The nurse even kept me in suspense saying need me to verify ic before telling me...aiyoyo

None of u will continue to c dr loh? My scan will b on 23aug n i m now wishing the day will come soon as anxious to knw everything fine...

Ashley, tink er count as day0 as nurse told me i will b in wk 6 when i go for my first visit.

Kimmy, u will b seeing 2 docs?

I still hv tummy cramps now, hope its ok as a bit worried

Bbnn, hope ur gal get well soon.

Ariel, haha i hv so many hpts tis time round, never use so many in my whole life..

congrats to Kimmy to see the flicker flicker...so nice! hope to see mine soon. still got 1 more wk to wait. so so so long

Tzac, congrats!!! what is ur beta level?

Thx peko, beta level is 1157, u still hv not done ur first scan?

Sorry but r u w kk too? Hv to go amc to do scan before c doc, wpnder is it like tis everytime??

Tzac, that is very high! Maybe twins
happy.gif

My scan is next wk. Still a long wait lor.
Yup. With KK. I won't be doing scan at amc. I booked my appt at TPS. So scan is done during the consultation with sf.

Ariel - thanks! hehe you can tell Dr Chris you are my (natasha - who came to see him today and also did ivf) friend! hehe he will chuckle. Good thing is he will keep feeding you with information on his own and also give u detailed answers for questions you ask. He put my scan today in a CD and pass to me. Hehe hes quite good cuz he will oriented you & dh on the screen and tell you what you are looking at, where's the lining, what he looking out for and even 'highlight' heartbeat so that you can see it flicker properly! Update me after the visit! hehe love to hear ur feedback too... mm i ask him about skincare today and he said it suits sensitive skin too bcuz its very very mild and most of his patients continue to use it post delivery...
Went to do thalessemia test bcuz thalessemia from kk keeps calling me again and again so I was like "fine - get over & done with once and for all..." Thanks for ur comforting words. :D

Ashley, ya very heartening to see. Haha today Dr Chris even tease me and say you can tell ur close family members liao, congrats and I said really ah? So soon?! hehe he prides himself for estimating delivery date very zhun and will tell you that you can have private hospital tour somemore, he will arrange - just you and the 6 private hospitals if you want...yeah most likely your 26 aug scan is your '6ww scan' where can see sac, heartbeat all...I kiasu so went to see dr chris on week 5 to see sac and this week hb. He also want assurance that everything goin swee swee...

tzac, i know that u mean about the suspense part! Its like "just tell me the results already!!!" hahaha. But yay! Happy for u! I will still see dr loh, I just kiasu and want to 'prepare' myself before seeing him cuz no symptoms for me sometimes can be quite frustrating & worrying at the same time...but my pte gynae has assured me everything is ok so far. Maybe I will see 2 at least until week 10 because everything is forming at this stage...and we all know how bz dr loh is also to answer all questions or reassure people like me...

thanks vann...I'm sure you will see flicker flicker tmr also! waiting for your updates! Very heart-warming one. I went..:awwwwwwww. Its so cute. Machiam a little lighthouse in a 'sea of darkness' hahahaha

thanks peko! I'm sure you will be able to see yours! Is your scan date 16th also? Mine is 16th. hehehehe.

Wah tzac yr beta level is so high! high chance of twins!!! Mine only 349 like that....ooooo exciting news! Update us 1 or 2!!!

Peko, can book at tps har? I din knw tat as blur blur, nurse tell me go clinic d to get appt time, i juz follow. At tps, the scan done by dr loh? I will prefer him to do the scan leh. Will try call tomolo n c whether can switch to tps or not. My reading is d19 counting et as d3 so is it really high? Tot ariel has 8000 or did i remember wrongly. Sure will update all after my first scan

Tzac, yup at tps, scan is done by dr Loh. U can call central appt line and cancel the appt at amc and book appt at tps.

I'm not sure what is ariel's beta level leh. Hers I think high too. Making me so envy wor. Mine now don't know got 1000 or not. Hope so...feel like making a trip down to a private gynae for a scan to see got sac or not. Scared of ectopic
pregnancy at my low level coz I keep having pulling pain at my left side sometime at right. Sometime crampy like menses coming anytime.

Kimmy, how much you need to pay for dr chris for 1st consultation?

peko, I feel crampy at times too but gynae said most prolly is womb expanding (in advanced) although bb is still v small at this stage...
1st consultation is $118, subsequent consultation is $88. But that's minus any scans and urine test (to test for protein and early diabetes) is $10.

peko, hehe I'm just very kiasu that's why I went to see dr chris. I like to know whats going on since I don't feel much except crampy here & there at times...that's why.

Peko, yah thats why I need to come to a decision soon after week 10. Now I just seeing as 'precautionary' just to get a status update on how bb is doing. My scan was $80. KK one is much cheaper but of course downside is you wait longer time, dont know if they get u pee on stick to check for protein and diabetes (or check for early Eclampsia) but with dr Loh, should be fine i think.

Does ur place nearby have any pte gynae which you've read about in forums?

Kimmy, i remember for my 1st pregnancy, kk check on urine for every visit n i think its for diabetes. When can c bb sac? With my beta level, do u all think i need to go n test again? So amxious to knw if everything ok or not

tzac, can see sac once hcg reaches 1500 and beyond...
with your level today, its v good! so high! give it another 48 hrs, it will multiply x 2 (= hcg 2314)!
at hcg 7,000 can detect hb!

tzac, i knw what u mean. I'm also a kiasu papaya making sure if everything is where it should be and all..that's why i went private just for that piece of reassurance. I'm impatient lah... i know. Maybe cuz try for so long so kan cheong papaya

Kimmy haha i keep telling myself dun b so kan cheong. R u taking any milk? Me bought the dumex brand n dunno its gd or not. We can start drinking milk now, rite?

kimmy, me bought mamil too but its called mamil mama though. is it the same?

when is the earliest to assure one that everything is fine? is it during the 6th week scan?

all symptons gone for me and only not much appetite so getting me concerned......sigh....everything osso worried hor...

tzac, yes its the same :D
mm at week 5 you can see sac, but yes week 6 you can see hb and hb is important.
Don't worry. my symptoms also all gone by week 5 and I don't have much appetite too (i usually force myself to eat more these days cuz Im losing weight). I guess we can't help but worry but at the same time we must know how to distract ourselves to positive things so that we don't overthink yah... ;)

Ariel, how's your visit today?

Bbliss, how was visit to Dr Loh ytd? :D

Kimmy, I was diagnosed w thalassemia minor at Sata a few years back, but when trying for a kid 4 years ago, I redo a blood test for both myself n my hubby at kkh thalassemia registry. That department specialize in this field n is able to do v detailed blood test to identify the traits n they diagnosed me as not having thalassemia minor at all, only high iron deficiency. Juz share w u this coz initial blood test may suspect u have that but a more detailed one may clear u.

RitzC, thanks for sharing with me! Wow...okay because when thalessemia registry called me 2 weeks ago they said they wanted to see how low my alpha levels were and all...so I didn't think so much when I went. Wasn't till yesterday during nurse briefing that it freaked me out when she kept mentioning the word 'termination' so many times!!!! Alamak. I told myself that it wasn't personal. Haha!
Cool, I will wait for the detailed report which will be out in 3 weeks man. Their anxiousness after finding out that I'm pregnant did scare me a little though.
I wonder why when kkivf detected I have thalessemia minor, straight away should have referred me to the registry right? Haha my DH told the nurse ytd "How, ET done liao and bfp liao, how?"

Tzac, Peko, my hcg was 8000.1 on Aug 5, ET was July 19 so day 17? Anyway it really varies with individual and i have heard of healthy pregnancies and deliveries with low hcg levels in the beginning. It will double dont worry okie?

Kimmy, my appt is at 3.30. Going soon.. A bit nervous..
Let you know how it goes later.

Kimmy, so long as ur hubby is clear u dun have to worry. Coz only when both parents r carriers then cannot proceed w the pregnancy. All along I thought I'm a carrier coz Sata diagnosed me with it during my pre-university checkup so I did read up a bit n made hubby do the blood test with me before we start to conceive. If only 1 parent is a carrier, the child will most prob be a minor n he/ she is still as normal as any other children just that again when they r parents they can't start family with another carrier.

Anyway, dun have to worry la, the detailed blood test they asked u to do is to accurately diagnose the traits coz initial blood test may not be able to tell accurately. But the nurse who talked to u was really tactless to exaggerate the situation. Ivf pregnancy is a long journey to birth, stay positive for ur bb k

Anyway, every time I do blood test, I will get special attention from the docs once my reports r out. So with the report from the registry, nowadays I will inform them beforehand that I'm cleared of thalassemia. That applies to a blood test at clinic D after bfp, I told my gyne and the nurse so skipped the test coz I know they will definitely ask me to retest after initial test. So the clinic use my registry report instead, but got to bring the originals for them to photocopy.

Ritz, ahh! good idea! Thanks for reminding me. I should really bring my report along with me so that clinic D won't keep asking me to retest. They should communicate on one central system!!! Grrrr. Haha. Thanks, yeah my hubby is clear but nurse scare him too by saying maybe he got very low alpha levels not detected leh? Im like COME ON!!! hahaha oh man.... but this bb inside me keeps me going and tells me "its okay mommy, everything is going to be OK!"

Ariel...don't be nervous! Dr Chris is okay one. First time he may overload u with a lot of information and tell you he wanna make sure he see sac, hb and all blah blah blah. He's quite a careful, cautious doc but 2nd time onwards he's more relaxed (at least for my experience). 1st time I went to see him I said, I'm seeing you cuz I don't feel pregnant! How ah????

Kimmy, kkh can be quite screwed up, I also ask them y they can't link to my registry records. At clinic D initially they want my hubby to do the standard blood test, I stopped them and asked them to refer to my records. N up to my last visit they still have not update my allergies status. I going to remind them again on my next visit in sept n also told my hubby that he got to remind them of my allergies when I give birth coz I'm allergic to 2 types of antibiotics. Quite terrible right, faint

*alamak* RitzC, tell me about it! Ya, they keep asking my hubby to blood count test again and again too! And keep asking us to pay. Sheesh! Good thing you stopped them! Goodness... I can imagine your frustrations!

Wow, your next scan in Sept? So you see dr loh at clinic D? Hehe I'm seeing him this Tues. Wheee. So is consultation with Dr Loh quite short?

Hi Sistas,

I am in for a short while, looking for Kaki Tzac to do count down with hahaahaha...

Finally have sometime to pop in her today, glad to hear loads of good news from everyone.

Kimmy >> Yeah my girl is doing fine, in fact right after she saw me picking her up, she was all ok, but me KO, played the whole afternoon with me and refuse to sleep.

I am still deciding to switch Dr, have made appointment with KKH and will be on the 29 August 2011, any sistas going to KKH that day?

Bbnn >> hello! Was wondering where you were today! haha today I very 'eng' and then suddenly here so quiet. Alamak! Mm, act. I'm quite tempted to see your doc at kkh also. Wahahah, maybe because of the good experience you have with him and shared with us that time.
But will make that decision at a later stage. For now I need lots of attention from pte. hahahahahah

Hi Kimmy >> yeah that is why only transferring to him only week 20 onwards. I need to talk to my current Dr, coz need to "part " in good terms, still have two more precious embbies in his hands, i still want them so will go back to him again for the next round.

feeling sleepy and hungry, only exciting thing is 27 mins time, can charge off from office and meet my little cutie pie, wonder what she is up to today :D

haha Bbnn, your cutie pie must be thinking of mommy and looking forward to mommy coming home of course! Yeah, its the 'parting' on good terms right? Hmm... I'm sure you can come up with something. You are creative! hehe

Back