(2012/11) Nov 2012

Few packets of brand new unopened diapers for sale.

1) Goo.n S size --> $15 per pkt (52pcs)
2) Pet Pet M Size --> $13 per pkt (52pcs)

PM me if keen..while stock lasts..

Thanks

imlind, my #1 was a milk baby..been changing his milk bottle from 150ml to 260ml and now is 300ml. i think 300ml is the biggest i saw so far. now 3yrs old he takes 300ml per feed. i get 4 small bottles for #2 only. will see how it goes first

Hi mommies.. have you girls bought your prams and carseats already?
We're looking at getting all the bigger items these few weeks and deciding on the brands to go for.

porky: yup.. now still looking ard for nanny/baby sitter.. headache..
sad.gif

amanpp, no one yet..i guess now also v difficult to find alrdy. i hv a helper so will jus let her try to look aft my newborn first. for my #1, i put him at infantcare when he is almost 10weeks old. u not going to consider the infantcare ?

hello mummies,

it has been a long time since i last login.

i'm in dilemma which dual breast pump to get from medela.

still trying to decide between freestyle,PSIA or mini electric plus.

any feedback on the above 3 models?

TIA!

hi heartbeats, is the quality good ? wic seller u get from ?

hi amanpp, sorry i cant find the contact for tt babysitter in punggol..yup mostly IFC are on waiting list now. how abt any IFC near your work place or ur hb's ?

hi mump, my maid is from Nation Toa Payoh central branch. she is with us for 1 month alrdy. so far so good
happy.gif

2nd time mummies, how are u all coping with your #1 ? my elder son is getting more sticky and reject gg to childcare everyday..will cry and be v emotional..sign...

hamrachleia, mini electric plus is not a good pump. my lactation consultant says that. choose between freestyle and pisa. if you travel a lot, then choose freestyle, as it is light. If you like stronger suction go for PISA.

Porky, I have the same problem with you. My boy is getting more and more sticky. He is co-sleeping with me now and wants daddy and mummy to get into the bed together with him every night! He doesn't wants to go to school either. Haiz...Last week I took him out from school for a week as he was sick and he enjoys his stay at home. Now he tells me that he doesn't wants to go to school as there are no toys in school for him to play...*faint*

Hi
Jus curious, have u all decided whether to use disposable diapers or cloth diapers next time?
Realised there're varies type of cloth diapers too!

Understand that baby can easily poo up to ten times a day.
Is it true that his poo is all liquid, only after he starts taking solid food then poo will be lumpy?
If so, maybe cloths diapers in first six months is more cost saving. Can't imagine 10 disposable diapers a day, how much the cost will be.

cloth diaper is troublesome. use for a few days only and i gv up. cos newborn pee alot. every few mins bit by bit.. den cloth diaper get wet with jus a pee.. and poo alot.. one day i think change up to 12 times or more. so u r actually doing more job by changing cloth diaper more frequent den disposable, and u need to wash and hang the diaper to dry, more job and waste water for washing diaper.. water is money too.

Hi Mi_Baby, are you using the traditional cloth diapers or the moo moo kow alike? I read that the moo moo kow alike diapers dun need change after every pee.. they got the super absorbent inserts which work like disposable diapers.. was told can last up to 2 hrs for new born pee.. i am considering to get that.. any mummies who used that can share ur experience?

hi josey, we are facing exactly the same problem ! last night my boy insist tt daddy must go to bed tog with us..usually im the one coax him to slp but last night he started his nonsense..haiz..making loud noise if we dont give in to him and its alrdy 11.30pm !

so how is ur boy coping in sch now ? i put my boy at home for 2days last week and he enjoyed playing toys w my maid and mil..yest i drag him to sch and he was crying badly. aft a while he settled down but when fetch him home tt time he again said tt he is not gg to sch anymore...his tcrs and my friends told me this is a passing phase..its really tough for us to drag him to sch everyday and we got to rush for work too
sad.gif

btw how old is ur boy ? mine is 39weeks old

mi_baby, i gets heartburn easily for my first preg..this time i try to tk small meals

oliolive, i prefer disposable diapers..only the first month v siong aft tt will be fine. i use liners if poo a bit no need to throw away the diapers. also can start to stock up on NB diapers now if having promotion
happy.gif

nana, I'm using the traditional one. tollyjoy brand. actually good idea use liner with disposable diaper so if just poo abit no need to change diaper.
happy.gif

porky, i had heartburn during first pregnancy too only at the last trimester. now I'm only at 24weeks already started the heartburn. worry tat it will be very bad during last trimester. so if really cannot tahan next time, should i get med anot.

mi_baby, yes this is my previous CL teach me..like dat wont waste the disposable diapers

last preg i tends to get heartburn ard 6mths onwards..check w gynae he ask me to reduce heavy meals and increase small meals. also i cannot tk too spicy food will get heartburn too

Porky, The liner you using with disposable diaper is these normal disposable liner for cloth diaper? Can just put in? it's not going to drop? Sorry for being blur as I heard it 1st time.. sounds a good idea.

i use anakku liner. jus put inside the diaper and stick the diaper tape as usual. last time my elder boy got diarrhoe i also use the liner if not v wasted cos he poo a bit aft each meal..

hi oli-olive, i used bumwear from 2nd mth onwards for my #1. 1st mth used disposable cos baby poos too often. by 2nd mth less often so can use cloth diaper with the insert and the disposable liner. so if poo, throw the liner away and insert change every 2 hours or so when it gets wet

it definitely requires more washing so there may not be any cost saving in the short term. it comes down to how environmentally friendly you want to be and other considerations like nappy rash. Heard those using disposables have higher chance of nappy rash but i wouldn't know cos i used cloth and my son hardly had any nappy rash.

Woah
Thanks for the responses on diapers.
I don't have a CL to help me during the first month. Only my mom's coming during the day to help me.
I think disposable with liner is a great idea!
Fingers crossed on the nappy part.

Do you need to try a varieties of diapers (like what we need to do for milk bottles) to see which is suitable? Or we could just grab the cheapest on the shelves?

Oli-olive,

I will get 2 brands to try on bb in case not suitable. This round I'm trying goon n pampers
happy.gif
so try not to stock up one brand too many in case not suitable.

maybe u can check their website and about how to get free sample of diapers, so no need to buy so many brands. and dun stock up too many newborn size. they outgrown very fast

oli-olive, im stocking a few brands..hv to let baby try which one more suitable. else u can request for sample packs on most online website

Hi Barneybaby, me too! right side rib cage pain aching!! not sure why, i did not see a doctor. just bear with it and hoping that the pain will go away. as long as i still feel babay movement daily, i feel assured.
happy.gif

Hi Dotty, can request from Merries and Drypers too.

I stocked up quite a bit of huggies and pampers liao.. opps.. hope my girl does not develop allergy to them.

Oh, can get free samples online!
Will check that out
happy.gif

Previously I tried getting milk samples online, 2-3 weeks already I have yet to receive any.
Hopefully can receive some free samples for diapers ;p
Thanks for the advise

I get pain on right side of rib cage too! My gynae says that it's common and due to uterus growing and putting upward pressure on the rib cage...

I tend to get it when I'm in office... I think my bb doesn't like me to work.. :D

porky & nana: i request for drypers quite sometime already but did not receive any sample...ytd i ask for merries...so far oni receive goon & huggies sample :D but i buy a pack of drypers during promotion for nb & got some loose huggies nb too...

hi mummies, im arranging a hi tea gathering on the FB group for all mummies on the 21st sept.

detials to be confirmed at a later date.

anyone interested?

mine #1 already using 3 types of diapers now (fitti for daily market use, pet pet for day use and mammy poko for overnight)..cant imagine #2 is out, i can open diaper shop in my hse liao...haha..

merries is good but its expensive compared to other brands..most prob will stick to pampers or mammy poko..

Back