(2012/11) Nov 2012

Hi... I'm from the June 2012 thread
happy.gif

I've an opened pack of Goon S size to clear. Used less than 5 pieces from the pack of 52 but baby has since outgrown. Original price $21, now selling at $15. Self-collection only at Cityhall during weekdays. Feel free to PM me if you have queries. Thanks!
happy.gif

sushi, the nurse only roughly clean baby and took the measurement in the OT..so ur hb can continue to snap photos. the nurse will ask ur hb to witness the weight, length etc and also to tie the name tags on baby's leg/hand. if u are epi csec, the nurse will wrap and pass baby to u for taking family pic if u wan...the proper clean up and dress baby will be done in the nursery

Anyone needed a Confinement Nanny presently?
My CN is available now till mid Dec before her next confinement.
PM me if you are looking for one.

Hi Mummies/Mummies to be,

Anyone interested in Toning Lotion for post preg belly. Results can be seen in just 10 days!!
Contact me via SMS/WA as per attached..
FB ID: Shamini Wilson
7653738.jpg

porky, i'm 17 more days to go....
btw, do we need to bring our breast pump to hospital? and hospitals provide 2 meals a day?

Sushi, hospitals will provide 3 meals a day n biscuits n Milo for snacks in between..

Niko, I also haven't started packing yet. Need to stop procrastinating!!

Cloudys, me already started to get kan cheong. Telling my husband not to ask me if the baby is full or not after I breastfeed and asking him to encourage me.....haha

Then also scare that baby clothings not enough.....starting to think about this and that scare forget to buy this or that....not calm at all not like me at all....haha

sushi, wow u are v fast too ! when is ur planned csec date ? yes is better u bring ur own breast pump. else also can rent from the hosp. first day cannot eat. 2nd day onwards can tk 3 meals and 2 teabreak

niko, im almost done w packing haha..only left baby clothes and towel still not washed yet

porky, rent pump from hospital? means additional charge ah? i was still thinking of bringing one item lesser to the hospital neh~

im not sure need to pay a charge anot..cos i saw my next bed mummy rent the pump during mid night..her b was quite badly engorged

:p it's about 2 - 3 weeks earlier. will be delivering in mt.a.

porky, you will be going for epi c-sect, is it? can advise how to relax during the op? what is the weight of your baby now?

hi porky, i asked my doctor the epi will take effect for how many hours till i awake, but then she said i won't knock off, awake throughout.....is it so?

ahh i see. then i think i better bring mine along since i have already bought it. thanks porky!

I saw dr. woody on Monday and my baby still underweight at 2.2kg, 35th week. -_-"
he asked me to eat more... McDonald's, KFC, Coca-cola and durians! lolx

mount a can rent their milk pump for $20..they will provide the bottles to pump..if bring ur own pump, they wun sterilize for you...

sushi, for epi csect..u will take the epidural first den ur hubby can come in and sit beside you...the epi is half body, so only your lower body is numb but u will still be alert..u can talk to ur hubby throughout the op to make u feel relax...

Porky - you are fast, I had only wash the baby cloth but not the towel too.

I had not even buy the diaper yet too...just bought his pram, car seat n the rocker from combi. seem like alot of things not done yet.

Charmaine, so if we bringing our own breast pump we had to sterilise the bottle by our self b4 going in?

hi charmaine, thanks for the reply. you will be going for epi c-sect too? how about after the operation is done? will i still be awake or i will be sleeping for few hours?

hi anterina, i had my check up yesterday (week 35) bb is 2.67kg; 2 weeks before was only 2kg. my doctor said the size is alright especially for my size; am only 144cm :p these few weeks, i have been drinking soy milk. maybe you can try? don't take too much fast food, cos there're heaty. my cousin sis last time took fast food throughout her pregnancy, then bb born was very heaty, got lots of pus on the face.

Hi all mummies,
Starting the countdown to our big day when we can all finally see and hold our baby in our arms! Feeling excited! Hahaha
happy.gif

Am now week 35 and would like to ask whether can we start drinking coconut now? Do we buy those green ones or those small Thai coconuts in ntuc? How often should we drink?

Anterina, my baby is also underweight at 2.1kg, but my gynae says it's ok cos the scan weight can be inaccurate by 20%! I was asked to eat durians, ice cream and drink more milk.. Hopefully baby absorbs well and weight goes to baby not
mummy! Hahaha

hi, anyone know that are we allowed / can we drink the red date drink (红枣茶) during the few days stay in the hospital? thanks.

can we take shower / touch water after delivery when we're in hospital? i thought we're not allowed to touch water during the confinement month? :p

hey sushi me also petite standing at only 150cm. hehe.. wah then i better stop my fast food feast after having maccas these few days le~

sseah, ya i will go for durian feast soon. hehe.. and yes, i am crossing my fingers that all weight will go to baby and not mummy! haha!

our prenatal lesson teacher said its good to shower after labour.. to clean up otherwise got a lot bacteria after hours of labour neh. she said if dun wan shower due to confinement taboo, then at least clean up with wet towel.

Sushi, u are supposed to start drinking the red date tea in place of water once u have delivered, if u want to follow confinement rules strictly la.. by right water also cannot touch.. but ultimately up to individual. As anterina mentioned, hygiene is still needed..

cloudys, so we can start drinking red date tea on the day we've delivered, even i opt for c-sect, right?

think wash face should be alright? the rest can use wet towel to clean up. wow, really cannot tahan not washing hair leh...

niko..unless u bring ur own sterilizer along?

sushi...i jus gif birth last week via epi csect..u will still b awake throughout n after the op...when i had my #1, i was very alert after the op..but this time round, i was drowsy the whole day..

u can drink red dates once u give birth..but for cesct, only the next day...few hrs after the op can try abit of water first..scare u vomit..
as for bathing, i bathe everyday with the herbal boil water..hospital that few days, alternate days..

Oh, charmaine, u had epi csect, was it scary :p i will be going for epi csect too; first time, kind of scared now. was the spinal jab terrible? painful?

Ur family brought the herbal boil water for u from home? its allowed in the hospital? which hospital? i'm thinking to do that too but wonder how to bring to hospital & wonder if its allowed.

the spinal jab was onli for maybe about 30 sec..my first one was painful thats why i was also scared for the second one, but it turns out less pain..think got to do with the doc also..after the jab, u will be shivering n might feel nausea during the op,thats the side effect of it..it will go off after the op..

no, in the hospital i jus bathe normal water..which hospital u giving birth?

Hi charmaine, i'll be giving birth in mt.a. and u?
I'm still worried n afraid of the spinal jab...:-|
btw, r u able to walk on the second day? was it painful?

i also gave birth at mount a..tell ur gynae u wan dr ho (female doc) as ur anesthetist...she's good i dun feel pain at all..

for my first one, i had problem walking for the first two weeks...but this time round, by the 3rd day i can pretty much walk normally..using a binder helps tho..

hi all mummies-to-be, my mum have some handmade beansprout pillows left after making for sister. letting go cheaply cos don't want to waste the husks. interested pls pm me.

Hi charmaine, thanks a million for telling me abt dr ho, the anesthetist. i didnt know we can choose anesthdtist. so, i just tell my gynae n she will arrange dr ho for me on that day? mind if i can have the full name for dr ho? thanks so much, im really scared of the jab, but now after ur recommendation, feel relieved
happy.gif
hope can really get dr ho for the jab tat day. thanks.

What is binder? where to get? do u take painkiller?

sorry so many questions :p

sushi, i had epi csec for my #1..will be doing the same for my #2. awake thru out the op only half body no feeling..still can talk to ur hb or the nurse..but im shivering alot due to the spinal jab

during hosp stay, i still wash my face and quick bath w warm water..feels sticky aft the op as there is some blood stain on my legs. u can ask ur family to bring the brew red dates water to u, its allow

mayi, my last chk up at 33wks baby was 2.1kg dr woody say weight ok..i will be seeing him this thursday

u can buy ur own binder or the hosp can provide but its charge in ur bill. i look painkiller on 1st day only..2nd day its quite bearable alrdy

Hi all,

My boy estimated weight at week 36 was 2.992kg.
Have not decided when to have the C-section yet.
So what do the binder do/help after the c-section??

sushi, sorry i duno dr ho full name, only know she's a lady doc..dun tink there's additional charges if u state it beforehand..unless its emergency? likewise for PD u can also choose urself if u have any preference..jus tell ur gynae so that when he book the op theatre for u he can inform dr ho as well..

for the binder, u can purchase it in the hospital..it actually helps to support ur wound during the recovery stage..took painkiller for the 1st two days, after that its quite bearable for me.

porky, when u going for ur csect?

sushi, i did not buy it last time..i use the hosp brand

niko, the binder helps to support the wound so when u walk the pain is bearable

charmaine, my csec scheduled on 9th Nov ! v excited and counting down lol. is ur #1 also csec or natural ?

charmaine, both ur #1 and #2 are out early ? im 36wks today..gg for check up this thurs..my #1 is out at 38wks csec, so i hope #2 can wait till 38wks too !

Hi Porky

I just saw Dr Woody on Monday. Baby was 2.4kg at 36weeks. Finally Dr Woody say baby is ok and doing well but I am still gonna go for another durian fest this weekend before I see him again next Monday =P

haha ! i wonder wats my baby weight now..been festing on ice cream n cakes recently..wats ur due date ? we are same 36wks

porky, my #1 was a premmie at 33 weeks..#2 was at 36+ weeks, borderline case but now coming 2 weeks old, she's doing fine now..in fact she gain like 200g in less than a week!
happy.gif

Back