(2012/11) Nov 2012

Porky, my mother's friend daughter-in-law detail scan show a boy but when deliver the baby turn out to be a girl.

Due to this I bought quite a number of neutral color just in case, but I did buy alot of boy boy clothing in Aug during my HK trip.

Hope this won't be happening to any one of us here.

anterina, thats scary ! im seeing dr woody on next thurs and taking mc from him. last visit he gave me 2 days mc to rest hehe

niko, good for u ! i prefer epi csec so i can see my baby coming out too...btw, i ever heard of this also, DS and actual baby is diff gender..not many cases lah...my gynae quite accurate so i shall believe him lol !

Porky, ya I think the happiest moment is to see the baby once he out. Hope that I dont need to go through GA.
Ur first baby also went through epi C-section right?? How the recovery ah? I hear need to take long time then others.

hi niko, yes my 1st child is by epi spinal csec. my gynae's skill is really good. i can get down the bed to walk the next day. pain is bearable but got to walk v slowly for the 1st week
happy.gif
now im choosing date for my 2nd csec in Nov

hi barney, i bathe w da feng cao last time. for nipples i will wipe w warm water bfor and aft breastfeed. i still tk confinement food w rice wine and martel chix while breastfeeding

Thanks Porky, I'm asking coz hopefully I can walk around asap dun like to be confine onto the bed because of the numbness from Epi. My first was GA by Woody too, surprisingly I can get off the bed few hours later which is what I like. This time round gonna be Epi spinal csect
happy.gif

I had epidural during my first birth. When I was planning the 2nd one I tried all mean to avoid it. Not against it but it is best not to use it if you can learn relaxation method. The drugs can pass through placenta to your baby. Often baby gets jaundice and poor muscle tone due to the effect of the drugs that numb their senses. Prenatal yoga and HypnoBirthing are other method you may consider. Belief you can do it and you will. Good luck ladies!

Thanks Porky, I was told that my Dr will inform me 2 week before the C-section, so will not be choosing the date so soon. Most likely will be on the 38 weeks and it will be early Nov. So happy to hear that the pain is bearable haha.....I had learn how to walk slowly since my bed rest last month, so dont think it will be too hard for me.

Will it be difficult to breastfeed? will the baby press on the wound?? I would like to breastfeed my baby asap.

Hi Barney, after the wine is cook the alcohol will be evaporated so should be quite ok to eat it even we are breastfeeding.
But I do hear that dont drink the wine directly if we are breastfeeding.

olivia, i dont dare to go for GA scared i cannot wake up...my hb say i crazy think too much lol..anyway dr woody suggest epi spinal csec so i go for it. so hv you got a date ?

niko, my gynae ask me to choose date alrdy on my 30w check up..he need to book his schedule first esp if choose date n time

i still sit up and breastfeed..the wound is quite low at the bikini area so wont press on it de
happy.gif
however u will feel v weak aft the op and no energy to breastfeed straight away..

Porky, my Gynae got very busy schedule, he can only do on Mon, Tue & thur and all is in the morning. As he alway schedule operation in the weekday morning. He actually ask me to go for GA, I dont want because I want to see my baby and have contact with my baby when he out.

Porky, first time GA was not by choice it was an emergency csect after trying for natural without EPI so end up last min GA. I dun like the feeling of GA too, I'm not in control at all totally K.O and lost. I remembered it took me a while to recall what happened and that I have already delivered when I regain consciousness. Yes, have confirmed the date with him on the 5th Nov which will be my 38W 5D..
happy.gif

Hi Barneybaby

Don't worry, your body need time to self-heal. I am no fan of antibiotics. Normally try natural home remedies with the help of some supplements.You can eat garlic or Manuka honey. Apple Cider Vinegar can help to reduce phlegm too. My two kids don't take western medication. Their cold normally will go away in 2 weeks time. Just avoid dairy products. Take care and hope you get well soon.

niko, wow..so u got to GA csec according to your gynae's schedule ? what if u need to choose a special date ?

olivia, oic...so u did try for natural first..
i dilate v slowly so decided to go for epi spinal csec..fast and smooth also able to hear baby's first cry and hb was with me taking shots. i confirm my date alrdy on 9th Nov timing 11am-1pm
happy.gif
which hosp n bed u book ?

Ya, was induced for over 10 hrs still no dilation at all at 1cm throughout depending on laughing gas. kind of miss the effect of laughing gas though haha super duper high on it. Guess no chance to use since planned csect this time round
happy.gif

Will be choosing TMC 2 bedded. May I ask if your chosen timing be subject to any surcharge since already past midnight from Woody?

Hi mummies,
Would like to join u all here! My edd is on 20 nov and will deliver at mt e..

Hv u all done ur shopping for confinement and baby stuff yet? There's a baby fair coming up this week! Anyone going? Hope for good offers as intend to get most of my stuff there
happy.gif

Sseah, Welcome to the club!! I have not buy pj for my confinement yet.

Porky, I dont want to go for GA but think will talk to my gyane again haha...... if i need to choose a special date is best that fall within the mon, tue & thur or else got extra charge from him and the hospital, dont think we are going to choose date n time will just see which date is nice then we will just go for it.

Wendy - Are u staying in the hospital for 4 nights?? or maybe is letting you to have extra in case that you want to change??

hi, first time posting here. can any kind soul advise that we need to prepare and bring our own clothes to hospital? if i stay 3 night, i must bring 3 sets?

and do i need to bring any maternity pad? or just those normal sanitary pad we use monthly will do?

thank you for your advise. first time, know nothing.

Thanks niko
happy.gif
am a first time mtb and hv lots to learn :p I hv not gotten much things yet and now starting to feel the heat as edd draws nearer!

I am also thinking of opting for csect under GA. Don't dare to use epi cos heard tat still feel gynae tugging / pulling when delivering baby? Think I will freak out! Haha..

Sushi1465: for maternity pads I think it is better to buy those for maternity use cos I heard frm frens tat there will be heavy flow for at least 1 week. And also advisable to use disposable panties so less hassle, just use and throw
happy.gif
For clothes i'm not sure too.. maybe the more experienced mummies can help?

Sseah, I'm also first time mtb. Ya I also feel that the closer the EDD the more lost I become. Suddenly feel like alot of thing not buy n done yet....can the time go slower a bit....hahaha.
Dont think I want to go under GA because i want to see my baby and have contact with him...hehe

For maternity pad what brand is gd and where to buy??

olivia, yes surcharge $100 for past midnight csec

hi sseah, welcome ! i alrdy prepare most of the stuff haha..i can feel my gynae pulling and tugging during epi csec, but no pain at all

wendy, previously i only bring 2 sets but use 1 set thru out the 3nights stay

sushi, got to prepare own clothes like pjs during the stay. easier to bf. i bring those normal pads tt use monthly. maternity pads are too thick and uncomfortable lol..anyway hosp got provide the maternity pads and its included in ur bill. yes also bring more disposable panties. toiletries are provided no need to bring

hi, sseah and porky, thanks for the reply
happy.gif

porky, would we be able to walk the next day after the csect? would it be very very pain? very scared now :p and which type of top we should bring? those with button or t-shirt also can? for bottom, wear those pjs pants type? would it touch on the cut and hurt? sorry for the stupid questions :p

Seems like quite a few of us going csect.. Will u all be doing post natal massage? I'm thinking to do but dunno how will affect the csect wound..

Just bought some pjs yesterday frm OG.. I bought those front button ones so easier to bf
happy.gif
now left to buy breast pump, cot, bb bottles, wipes, diapers etc.. Still got a long list lol

Thanks porky for sharing
happy.gif
so means we dun need to buy maternity pads since hospital provides and we can use normals pads too.. Niko, if u wanna buy u can consider getting kotex brand. Heard not bad
happy.gif

hi this is my first post here and first time mom due nov end :) just checking anyone bought a stroller yet..am completely overwhelmed by the choices out there..since willbe using public transport most often am wondering if anyone has done their research already...
thanks!!

Hi, I just give birth end sep. using back my confinement lady for this 2nd child. If anyone of u is looking for one, she's available from nov. for one month as her next assignment is in early dec. She cook well n take care of me n baby well. She also help me to massage breast before pumping. U can contact her at 9139 8191, her name is candy.

hi, can anyone advise which brand of formula milk is good? i will be breastfeeding, but just in case not enough supply, so will give fm as well.

can anyone advise? thanks ya
happy.gif

hi mummies, hows the tea session ?

barneybaby, i got the capella brand. lightweight and easy to handle alone when out with baby
happy.gif

sushi, are u gg for natural birth ? i had epi csec for my 1st preg. im able to walk the next day. in fact gynae will ask u to get down the bed aft off all tubes..slowly u can walk to toilet or nursery to see ur baby. i prefer those full suit pjs easier to change and button front for breastfeeding. u can also bring 2-pc pjs but the nurse will not put on the pants for u cos they need to help u change pads.

i start with Friso for my elder boy but not suitable for him so PD recommended Nan 1..till he 1yr old i chg him to abbott similac

hi, porky, thanks a million for your reply.

i will be going for c-sect. however, still considering should i go for GA or epi. Can i check with you would it be very scary with epi??

after c-sect, can we still able to wear panty and with adhesive pads? or we must use those pads that with string (those that u tie it around ur waist)?

sushi, oh u gg for csec ! tell u frankly, its quite scary for me last time cos i dunno wats gg on down there and all the nurses are so busy..there is a high panel infront of u so u cant see and keep waiting..my hb is beside me and both of us wait to hear our baby's 1st cry. u wont feel any pain or anything...jus some pulling and tugging as gynae needs to pull ur baby out. when u heard baby's cry u feel so relieve haha..and also u can start to tk shots of baby immediately. jus sharing my experience with u
happy.gif
aft the op i was restless and shivering non-stop due to the epi after effect. if u go for GA csec, when u wake ur baby is beside u alrdy

aft csec, u wont put on panty...the nurse will "stuck" a pad for u and chg for u when its full..only 2nd day then u can off the bed and chg pad yourself. btw during the op and first day u will be on urine tube

porky, thanks for the experience sharing. i do start to feel scared now, but at the same time, i do feel want to see & hear my bb first's cry, cos i only intend to have one child due to my age. my gynae & friends do suggest me to go for epi.

btw, a friend told me that when they jab you the epi on the spinal, that's very pain, is it true? is it bearable or very very pain that kind? :p

and it takes approximately how many hours then you awake? and is it pain when they put the urine tube on you?? i really scared of pain de :p

sushi, u can go for it ! im taking epi csec again this time..aft u hear ur baby's 1st cry everything is worth it hehe. btw, whos ur gynae ?

oh ya thats quite painful...i squeeze the nurse's hand v tightly when the jab goes it..aft tt u will start to feel numb no pain when they insert the urine tube..u will be awake thru out..the epi will last abt 8hrs then u start to feel the pain at lower tummy but its bearable else u can ask for pain killer

ok porky, after your explanation etc, i think i will go for epi c-sect. heard from a friend, it's only about 5 mins then you can hear the bb's cry and you will fall asleep, right?? then, like you said, it's worth everything and since it's very fast. my gynae is dr ang hui yan.

hmmm.....now i'm scared of the jab...:D :D.....very scared of needle lor....

thanks again for all the sharing and encouragement
happy.gif

btw, porky, can check with u, for carters baby romper, can advise should i get 0-3 months for newborn or 6 months? 1st time buying, so no idea at all. appreciate if you can advise
happy.gif

sorry, porky, would like to check with you that, on the second day onwards, you have to change pad yourself right, then would it be difficult and painful when u have to pull ur panty down for the changing? or should we use those pad with string one?

sushi, yup its abt 5mins to bring baby out..jus tt the preparation will takes longer time. aft tt u will feel v tired and fall asleep..i tried to bf my baby straight away but i was shivering badly so only bf a while then i KO haha

oh i sit on the toilet bowl and change slowly, u can ask the nurse to help u to the toilet..standing up to change will cause a bit pain cos still cannot stand straight yet on 2nd day..u will tends to bend slightly due to the wound

for carters rompers its better to get 3-6M onwards. for those selling at bp their cutting quite small aft wash

porky, i thought the preparation will be done before you were push inside the theatre, no? that means they will push you in, get things ready, jab u the epi then doctor starts cutting u?

a friend told me to get the 'ah ma sanitary pad' (those with string, so you can just pull the string and dispose, easier) cos it will be painful if to change those adhesive pad. but since you said it's manageable, so, i will just stick with the normal adhesive pad then.

thanks again for all the infor ya
happy.gif

yes..all done inside the OT..they will shave u first before push u to OT then put on drip, then jab spinal epi and wait for ur gynae to arrive and cut u

haha i prefer those normal pads..anyway TMC also dont use the string type of pads

hi porky, would like to check with you, when bb is out, bb will be taken to the nursery room straightaway for the cleaning & measuring (weight, length etc) or these will be done inside the OT?

Hi mummies

I have a brand new tube of Medela Purelan 100 nipple cream.
Expire in Dec 2013. Bought this when I had my baby in Feb this year. This is a spare tube which I didn't use. I am selling it at $14 including postage. Pls SMS me or whatsapps me if you want to buy Hp 91788093.

hi trixia, you had epi c-sect last time? so, meaning, bb will be taken to nursery room once they're out whether you have GA or epi c-sect?

Back