(2012/11) Nov 2012

Elated: Im delivery in TMC!
happy.gif

Thanks

Juliana:Thanks for the info!i heard of the food at TMC is nice!but its just the car park and traffic really turns me off.i would choose TMC also becos its near my favourite Bak Kut Teh at Balestier.hee.i been to MT A once last year when i brought my girl there for physio,it looks fine to me and theres like renovation going on.
Im quite in a dilemma,as i stay in hougang,dont know to choose a gynae near me or travel to see a gynae.so far i have seen benjamin tham before and also heard good reviews about him.feel like just deciding on him...

Good Morning Mummies~!do u all buy maternity wear.i gave away all my maternity wear previously as i thought i wont be giving birth any time soon. now i dont feel like buying new ones,cos dont know if i will have #3,any idea where to get cheap ones that can wear normally and not only for maternity?q

priya: gotta tahan at least till after your maternity leave then you can change job coz if you change job now, you may not be entitled to maternity leave at your new workplace..

elated: i should be delivering at Parkway East Hospital. =)

hi everyone,
I'm lurking around here, reading your posts. I tested positive on sunday night, n having mixed feelings right now. This will be my #3, i lready have boy and a girl aged 5 and 3 this year. Actually I've already planned to stop at 2, thats why this was totally unplanned for and I have no idea what to do!and yes, needless to say, all my maternity wear is gone, baby stuffs gone... nothing is left! that' why, i am really lost... should I or should I not?

hubby's away and will only b back on sat, so will discuss and see how...
happy.gif

Checked online and EDD would be ard 18nov...so it's still early to see gynae, possibly 2 week later. now go see nothing will add on to my worries. haaaa.

Nice to talk to everyone!!!

Housewife: Aiyo, u not far from both hospital. Me live in Jurong west and i went all the way to Thosmon. wahahaha.....

Its really depend which hospital you are comfortable with.
happy.gif

No worries of the parking. They have lot of lot. LOL

For your info, if u seeing Dr Benjamin Tham, then u eventully have to be at TMC. Asking him out to Mt A, will cost another $200.

Me have source website for maternity wear. and the cheapest presently is
http://mummysecret.com/
If you have other lobang please let us know too.

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- Pupsik sling size M $35
- BN Playskool busy balls patterns & colours $15
- BN Pigeon breastmilk storage bottles (3pcs) $10 & FOC 18 breastpads
- BN Pigeon S sized teat (standard neck) $2.50
- BN Pigeon M sized teat (wide neck) $3.00
- BN Nuk Anti colic wide neck teat 1 0-6m (silicone) $5
- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65
- 2 boxes of Tollyjoy napkin liners 200 pcs $10
- 2 tins of NAN 2 400g (exp Oct'12) $10 each
- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350
- Avent refill 10 cups (240ml) $18

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks!
happy.gif

My details:
Nick: Clarisse_mummy
Gynae: Dr Adrian Woodworth
Hosp: Mt A
EDD: 7-nov
Baby #2

Anyone feeling cold? I wonder if I'm down with flu or is a pregnancy symptom..hmz

Juliana:haha.yah..i admit sg is not very big lah.last time i travel to kkh i also dont mind liao.but hows the nurses at tmc?i emailed dr benjamin tham and he said theres no additional charges to choose mount a wor...

Anyone know where to get those maternity band cheap?at least dont need buy tops,if too short,the band can cover.somemore i have alot of stretchmarks.hope this time round stretch again will stretch away all the stretchmark
happy.gif
)

I saw some BPs selling but alot of them are pre order leh.oh,i saw they sell confinement shampoo too,is it good?i nvr do confinement before,so want to do a little this time round...

Clarisse_mummy: I've been quite afraid of cold recently too. Last time I couldn't stand heat.. need to blast the air-con every night I sleep. But now just the fan blowing at me is enough for my hair to stand!

Housewife: Hmm keep the email. Cos i remember seeing that charges some where. LOL

Nurses good lor. and the parent craft nurses keep coming to you to teach you breastfeeding. They are very helpful.

U never do confinement??? Hmm how come?

Saw the table and quite a few of us having bb #2..any thoughts reg care arrangements next time? I'm a ftwm and my baby is taken care by my mum now.. Guess gotta hire a maid when closer to edd Liao otherwise hard to coPe..

Hi mummies,

I'm fm nov 2011 forum. Is anyone Looking for baby car seat "maxy-cosi cabriofix". Its only $200 + free infant chair in blue cover and extra pink cover. Message me if anyone interest.

Very brand new and only used less than 5 times.

Hi mummies-to-be,
I'm a newbie to the forum.

Nick: Bunbunmummy
Estimated EDD: mid Nov
Gynae you are seeing: Adrian Woodworth for now
Baby #1

Wow lotsa experienced mummies here. I just tested positive last Sat and seen Dr Woodworth at CCK TMC women clinic last Mon to confirm. He speaks so fast ! So excited to see the little black dot (Sac) through the scan and that really reassure me that I'm pregnant cos no signs except missed period. 5weeks now..

Since went to CCK TMB Wommen's clinic, will be scheduling hospital visits at TMC. TMC good? The weekend vivit is tough to book as fully book all the way till April. The 4bedroom upgrade is auto ? No need to request?

And my only prob now is that I am extremely bloated! anyone else has the same prob? Tummy look so big ebven tho just 5 weeks and I din wanna tell my colleague and frens yet but at this rate of bloaing, they would have guessed.

Hi mummies, tomolo will be my appointment to see the gynae n very anxious n worried too as I had a m/s last yr.. Im very worried will my bebe be ok.. Can I see something tomolo.. Etc.. Haiz..
Nick: Karen
Gynae: Dr Heng
Hospital: Parkway Health (East Shore)
Edd: tomolo den know.. : )
Baby #1

Agnes: hihi welcome here! I'm also feeling bloated.. Think is norm.. I'm 6 weeks today.. =p

Karen: don't worry so much.. Although say is easier than done as I'm also v anxious yet worried.. I haven went for my 1st appt yet.. Hav to wait till next wk..

Yanyan: sorry to disturb u.. Just wanna find out more.. Did Yr Frd or relative mention that dr Kek is gd in any particular area? Like she's v nice n will explain to us or she's v skillful?? Paiseh, ask so much qn..

All mummies: any more feedbacks on dr Kek lee Phin n dr Jocelyn Wong?? Appreciate all feedbacks n thank u v much!

Oh.okay.will keep the email.but tmc more exp than mt a right?
Didnt do confinement cos was staying with parents,space constraint is one issue and was shotgun that time and already spent alot on a rushed wedding.so didnt want to spend money to hire confinement lady.very pathetic.lol.i bathed my baby since day 1 and i wash everything myself.my hubby bought mac for me during confinement for meals.lol.

Housewife: When I was preggie with #1, i like to buy clothes at mphosis and espirit when they are on sale..and cotton on pants as well.. Cheaper than maternity clothes and still can wear after giving birth.
Maybe this time I'll invest in 1 or 2 piece of maternity jeans ..
Haha..I just went shopping..bought 3 tops and 2 flats. The tops prob wont last till 4-5mth but still happieee
happy.gif
)

Clarisse... I feel cold too!! My mum also took care of my nbr 1.. & i did hire a maid.. So every morning bring them to my mum hse then evening bring them home.. Tiring lo...

My tummy also feel very bloated & big..got 1 day got pple even offer me a seat at mrt.. So paiseh..

Hi alicia.. I dun rem why she's gd.. Tat time i am preggie w #1 & am asking ard for gynae.. My fren recommend her.. But i didnt tk her coz u hv to deliver only in mt e..

Clarisse mummy:previously i bought some nursing tops and the pretty long n stretchable,guess can last me.im more concern abt pants,esp after birth still got bulging tummy for months! Lol.

Anyone bouht from bp?is the material good?the bra too?

Hi alicia.. I not too sure abt charges in mt e.. My 1st one also deliver in tmc..

Hi housewife, for my nbr 1..i used to buy nursing bra from bp.. Quality so so nia but that time is more concern over cost..so heck la..juz buy & wear..hahaa

Morning mummies!
Didnt sleep well last few nights..keep waking up
Not sure if due to snoring hubby or what..
Haiz..luckily today is Thurs already

Any mummies still b/feeding their #1? Weaning off?

Thanks yjzllilone! thats what my elder sis advises too... MOM has revised the no of months served before maternity leave, from 6 months to 3 months. I just did some amendments to my company's system and i happen to find out that too. Changing jobs will stress me also, plus currently my workplace is very near to my home.

what are maternity navel rings? well, my tummy isnt bulging yet... not sure as to when to shop for maternity clothes.

hihi.. most prob will be giving birth at Mt A. Can only hope that their renovation will be completed soon. :p

bought some nursing bra from BP previously. Quality is so-so only. Rather thin.

Piangz,u bought what kind?last time i bought from john little about $12 each.the soft soft no cup one.my breast become saggy.tho i still have them but i think its better to invest on some underwire ones to push up?

Anybody went for the maternity tour in mount a and tmc.really cant decide.would like to go for mount a tho,but dono the reno until when?prolly should search fOr a gynae inside mount a would be better?

I gave birth at mtA, the nurses there are very good, lactation consultant oso supportive..overall comfortable and I think I'll go back again

Agnes that what happen to me and most of my friends. We never request and they just put us to two beded.
happy.gif

Housewife: Try to do a little confinement for one week. As for the touching water and bathing the bb, think its ok la. Cos i also bath and touch water like nobody business after three day of delivery. Wahahaha....

Tot underwire bra will kenna blocked ducts more easily? (understanding from parentcraft thosmon)

I also having cough and flu. For my number1, i have been sick for the first tem. Think for my case, its normal ba.

<font color="aa00aa">welcome the new additions, more to the list:
<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Yanyan1211</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>Dr.Dolly Wee</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>piangz</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>Dr. YC Goh</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Elated</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1-Nov</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Juliana Lee</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2-Nov</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Housewifeagent</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD>4-Nov</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Clarisse_mummy</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>7-Nov</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Jingzer</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Nov</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Priya</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Dr. Judy Wong</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Nov</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Olivia</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>#2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>yjzlilone</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Dr.Lubna</TD><TD>Parkway East </TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Bunbunmummy</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>#1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>Dr.Heng</TD><TD>Parkway East </TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>#1</td></tr></table>

Housewifeagent: yes, you are the youngest for now! How old is your #1?

Re: nursing bra
I bought cheap ones from BP before, really no support. So i bought truimph nursing bra and the nursing bra from mothercare. But i realise something, actually nursing bra is not a must have. If you buy normal soft padded bra, it works well when u need to bf too. Just need to pull up so baby can suckle.... </font>

Priya: I have navel piercing.. Don't want to take out the ring cos don't want it to close leh. Read on the web there's maternity ones but not sure gd or not.

I'm waiting for my turn at the clinic now.. Already 1 hr.. Yawning liao. Just now measured weight.. I gained 2 kg!!!

Hi mummies, just came out of my gynae place.. I'm so sad that nothing is seen on both the scan.. I tried 4 hpt n they all came out positive. I have some of the systoms of pregnancy n yet all these points out to be nothing? What's wring with me? I'm ady crying in my heart.. : (

Haha.so this time round i will learn to cook a dish or two confinement food so i can cook for myself everyday! Lol. For the previous time i bath as per normal,this time round was thinking of getting the confinement shampoo but dono if its good.anybody tried?

My #1 is 2 yrs 2 months.gave birth when im 21 turning 22.lol.

Eh i understand when bf,underwire might cause uncomfort.but if don use breast easiy sag right?saw those tshirt nursing bra from bp like not bad.Padded n wired.lol.

Heard more good reviews from mount a than tmc.bill size is cheaper too right?anyone has gynae at mt a to recommend?

Karen:wait a few weeks more!i missed my period for 2 months!i tested negative until 3 weeks back i went to gynae n do blood test then confirmed my pregnancy.then i scan also cant spot anything until i went back 2 wks later and managed to see the sag.be patient.im sure good news is on e way.
happy.gif

Thanks housewife.. But I just can't help but recalls all those words that she said.. Nothing.. Wait for menses to come.. Molar dunno wat pregnancy.. Sd be able to see a sac by now.. Haiz.. Btw, how long were u into pregnancy when gynae confirm ur pregnancy?

<font color="aa00aa">karen: hugz, try to relax, maybe it is still to early to spot. Did gynae ask u to go back to visit him/her when?

Housewife: young mummy good what, more energy to chase after the kids! I din do confinement the first time round too! Everyday bath and i drink milo and eat biscuits only. Lol. This time round, hoping to do a confinement pu pu shen.

My boobies already sag from first round even though i wear underwire...so dun think got much diff now. But of course padded bra provides more comfort.</font>

Karen: I think just be patient and wait a while more.
happy.gif
which week are u at now? Did the Gynae ask u to go back 1-2 weeks later ?

Gynae said ard 5 to 6 wks.. By now sd be able to see the sac.. She took my blood test n will only know the result latest tomolo.. Haiz.. This is every mummies nightmare..

Karen:when gynae scan e sag,its just6weeks.so prolly wait for 2weeks and seek 2nd opninion.else u can go for blood test?

Elated:yah lo.my fren told me its actually quite important to do confinement.like now if i carry my girl for 2long,my spine will hurt till i cant even sit properly,can only lie down.very scary lo.

Hey elated.. My story is like this.. I ml with hb on the 12 n 14 of feb.. Had been feeling nausea fr the 19 onwards.. Test a few days later result neg.. One week later also neg.. So wait for af to come. Btw menses always late. LMP is 25 Jan.. So roughly plus a week menses sd come. On 3rd of march I saw dark brown stains on my panty thought af came liao.. Next day woke up to my surprise.. Dun have any more.. Went to bought hpt n tested faint positive.. Test a few more days.. Again faint + so I waited another week on the 8th n bought the digital one n it also gives me pregnant n concieved 2-3 weeks.. I had the bloatedness, nausea sometimes.. Burping.. Constipation.. Frequent toileting.. Hunger pangs.. A little sore breast.. Im very sure I'm pregnant but today the gynae saw nothing!! Haiz.. I wish it's like wat u said.. I o late but judging fr my situation do u think I o late? Hmmm..

<font color="aa00aa">Karen, i dun mean to scare you but this could also mean another possibility - a chemical pregnancy.

chemical pregnancy is a instance where implantation really took place and the only evidence of the pregnancy is a positive hpt. You will feel the normal symtoms of pregnancy however when you go for scan, nothing can be seen. But if it is really chemical pregnancy, usually it will be a natual mc, will look like you're having menses and discharge out everything yourself.

I do hope this is not the case for you though.... dun think too much. Hope its just too early to spot and hear some good news tomorrow!</font>

Back