(2012/09) Sep 2012

re baby carriers:

i tried baby bjorn and manduca

love manduca bcos u feel no weight from your shoulder when bb on it

unlike baby bjorn, shoulder and neck will feel pain afterwhile

manduca can use from newborn till 18kg.

Hello Mummies!

I just went to a new gynae , she's Dr soon siew bee. Any have went to her too?
Also would like to check what's e weight we should gain now by 17 weeks, I have not gain much , and my husband is quite worried that the baby is not having enough food

varies from classic to limited edition

mine is 279 for limited edition

there is a shop at square2 name babysling
it sells many brand carrier and allow to try on spot

Sling - I used MIM sling for my #1 since birth till abt 2 yrs and stop slinging him as I'm pregnant. MIM sling is quite useful if u r able to use it the correct way. Initially I used wrongly and the lady at mothercare thot me how to do it
happy.gif
frm then it's my best friend as I'm always alone w #1.. bringing him to n fro up down bus/train. I will continue to use MIM sling for my #2 and would wanna get a pupsik too.. Thou I still dnw how to use but I guess once I know how to use it, should be quite useful too!
happy.gif

Stroller - I have a capella s705 model which I find it quite good too.. Weight of stroller is abt 8kg.. Usually I br my #1 to supermarket and dump all my items underneath n once full, I'll hang remaining items on stroller.. My stroller won't flip tt easily because of it's sturdiness. Baby should b quite comfy too as even up till now when my boy sleeps in it, he's in a comfy position.. Legs won't be dangling tt much which is also another safety issue to tk note ESP when up n down escalator. Now I'm contemplating to get a twin stroller be it side by side or up n down as by the time #2 arrives, #1 is 3.. And guess he would only sleep in it much more.. Unless I go out alone he has to listen to me n get coax to sit in it else how can I push one n hold another?? But these big wheels double stroller quite bulky n ex...

Hi mummies... been very tired lately, so never managed to come online to the thread... its so active now!

Jer, I agree it'll be fun to have a chart on the thread for us mummies who are not on the FB chat... but I forgot how to post tables... any mummies remember how to do that? I can create a new table and send it to the mummy that knows how to post table on the thread for uploading... or someone can teach me too... haha

I used a combination of bb bjorn air and the hanamugari when I had my #1... bb bjorn is good support for newborns and the hanamugari and light and handy for bringing out when my girl got older... also, my girl was a sumo bb... so the bb bjorn got too tight for her thunder thighs as she became bigger... the hanamugari was much more comfy and also cooler since the material is light.

I use the maclaren xlr which is really quite a monster stroller... its a whopping 10.5kg before I put my girl in... I remember days when i would be struggling with the darn stroller and my girl at 9kg in the sling... wah... really blue and green leh...especially if i needed to get on a bus which required me to fold down the stroller...and woe be onto me if I end up somewhere with no proper ramps or lifts... and need to struggle up escalators with my girl in the stroller... one word: Can die!

But I still do adore the xlr for its sturdiness... and comfort... my girl can sleep level within the stroller comfortably up till she was about 1 yr old and she is considered much bigger than kids her age in terms of size and height... and it still fits her comfortably now that she is 3plus yrs old...

Luckily we drive most of the time, so its not too inconvenient for me... but if you plan to use public transport often then xlr is not very practical...think most mummies I know prefer combi and graco...

Think there is some bb warehouse sale upcoming... from baby studio.... I'll post the link to it shortly after I check my email later... mummies interested can do check it out!

Busy busy week for me and I expect it to get busier... wishing all mummies a splendid week ahead!

Double stroller: I use the Maclaren quest which is a side by side stroller. Quite light n suitable from 3 months on for baby.
Front n back strollers end up back kid will b kicking front n when front seat lies down back seat v cramped le
Phil n teds I've heard the tires can kana puncture alot n it's huge n heavy

vinvola
did you gynae say anything abt bb size? if not, don't need to worry. i'm abt 18 weeks and I think i only put on about 2-3kg so far. End of 3 months I even lost 1kg cos i was always feeling v full and uncomfy and no appetite! but as long as your bb is growing well no need to worry.

Isobellies: She's said the baby is growing and it's fine. =) Have u found out the gender of your bb?
Your no.1 bb too?

DJ mama: I not sure if I should wait till the baby fair on 31may at expo to get the items or should I get some now? What do u recommend? Is there better deals at expo?

Fattybombom,
i was hoping to go b4 pop too but hubby quite paronoid about it though.

sukissprissie,
I can't said what weight, basically most important that it dun topple easily.

princessxiaomei,
i would highly recommend pupsik. I bought two of it for #2, thinking of getting another one in girly color
happy.gif

DJ_Mama,
I think you can find the table formatting from here http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/discus1.cgi?pg=formatting#other. If not, i could help to post the table
happy.gif

hi eve,
thanks for the link.

i wanna ask..is it advisable/necessary to get muscial mobile? i don't like those in plastic and imo it's not cheap and hard to find nice ones..
anyone can recommend where i can find more varieties and also not so expensive brands?

Jer,
heard natal essentials is good,they have early bird discount if you book 4 weeks before your Edd.
before i heard abt natal essentials, i have shortlisted Chilli Padi.
the menu i suppose more or less the same.

hope this helps
happy.gif

Hi Jer, okie... if I dun fall asleep suddenly tonight, I will go and play around with table posting... hehe... meanwhile, should I follow the table exactly as the one shared via the link? Or what do our mummies want reflected in our table here other than EDD, Gender, OB/GYN, etc?

Vinvola, good to hear your bb is of good weight!
happy.gif
Dun worry, they will grow ever faster as our pregnacy moves along... especially in the third trimester... Just eat normally and dun try to diet, you should be fine.
happy.gif

It is really up to you. When I had #1, I did not buy many things until the 3rd trimester. I enjoy doing thorough research on my purchases and especially if its for baby... so I took a long time to read and read and window shop for stuff, especially the big ticket items.

Another reason was worry... its was my first pregnancy, and I had a terrible time with MS that lasted right up till I was 5 months along... so I wanted to be really sure everything was ok before I bought anything. The only thing I bought early was my dual breast pump which I got my friends to ship back to me from USA. The cost difference was more than 50% so I didn't wait to see other options. Haha. (In the end my BM supply was so low, my pumps are practically brand new now!)

Jer, I am planning to buy confinement recipe books and getting my maid to cook since she follows recipes well and can cook according to my standards... dunno if that is a silly idea though... haha... I am sceptical about catering... for one who does alot of cooking and shopping in the wet markets, I really think the catered confinement food is ex leh... but then I suppose most of us also no choice....

Chew, I think it is worthwhile investing in a good musical mobile... its good entertainment for baby for short periods of time and also soothing to play during their bedtime... I got a Fisher Price Jungle mobile when I had my #1... it is still in perfect working condition now... And she had fun with it right up till she was about 15 months when she could stand up and tug at it... we then removed it in case it became a safety issue... get one with nice soothing music and night lights for playing in the evenings... they are good.
happy.gif

Vinvola
ah then no need to worry lah. along the way can monitor, if need you can jia you and eat more in third trimester, haha. yes, it's a meimei for my 2 boys
happy.gif
me third time already so much more relaxed, haha!

chew
I like Tiny Love ones, I know Robinsons Centrepoint has but not sure how much they cost. You can also DIY a little - for the changing mat I used to dangle some of those 50cent soft toys with a string from an old (and ugly) mobile arm that someone passed down to me.

DJ
agree the catered confinement food is nothing special, just lots of dishes with ginger, and herbal soup and longan tea. not cheap although the portions are large and can almost feed 2 pax. I ordered when I had #1 because I didn't want to overwhelm my mum. If your maid can cook well i think it's a good plan to get her to do it!

weight gain: i seems to be putting much more weight n faster for this time round! gained 5kg at 15weeks, damn scare i will gain too much weight, cuz for no 1 i only gain 1kg+ at that time=( but well don try to control diet during pregnancy, most imptly is eat well sleep well.

Catered confinement food: i ordered from natal essentials for #1 (3yrs back), portion big, but somehow i see the food no appetite, almost everyday same,jus tt main ingredient change. taste is all similar. eat once a wk ok,but everyday not v nice i find. end up i cancel my order on e 2nd wk, refund 50% only, have been throwing away quite a far bit,if not end up in my hubby tummy. but if u like sweet (rice wine) food den okay to have them.

*Jer* - I'm not v tall so wanted to try using pupsik this time too as MiM thou I'm v comfortable using it but e excess cloth make me look rather messy if I dress up nicely lol! So thot of getting e pupsik when gg shopping then MiM just use like when I go fr meals or just up n down short journey. Hahaha.. But I have no idea how to use it leh.. I dnw how to fold e cloth lor... Whahahaha..

Appetite - my appetite is not v good yet thou i am at wk 19 le.. Sometimes I can just eat few spoonful n that's it. But I last weigh myself n I did gain abt 3kg at least. No cravings too.. But I find myself this time round having quite a sweet tooth. Keep wanting to tk smth sweet! W my #1 I don't really Hv a sweet tooth n I ate v healthily! Lol! Up till nw also dnw if I'm expecting boy/girl. Hahaha..

*ow mummy* - I also agree we better don't diet during pregnancy. Most impt is to eat well sleep well.. Eat everything in moderation. Of cos have to watch our intake for those sweet items else v easy Kenna gestational diabetes ltr on!
happy.gif

*chew* - I bought a fisherprice musical mobile for my #1 that time.. Really quite ex lor but I like.. Now it's w my sis but after tt I will get frm her again to re use fr my #2.. tt time my fil ask me don't let e musical mobile spin else ltr cock eye leh. I didn't let it spin then but just on e music n night light lor..
happy.gif
I also have a cheaper one pooh bear... Cannot spin.. Just have the music n light.. This one can be attached to cot... Bought frm kiddy palace.. Can't rmb price as it's a gift.. But I did saw it before
happy.gif

Hi mummies, I'm oct edd but I should be c-sect case so will most likely be sept mummy. Can I join u gals?
happy.gif

Seeing that u gals r talking about carrier.. Wanna share my
part. I was also considering between manduca and ergo.. But I decided upon manduca cos it can support from newborn while ergo needs an insert for newborn. I tot it means can last longer..

But now I have a baby 9 months and preg, I think I need to get a stroller to house my #1 and carrier for #2...
sad.gif
yes... I'm preg so soon from my 1st baby.. Tough.. Wasn't Wat I wanted but have come to accept it thou. Good la. Early give birth early relax but have to crash course for a number of yearsssss =_=;

Morning mummies~

welcome cac
happy.gif

seems carrier is quite popular among mummies.
Maybe I should consider getting both a stroller & a carrier and use either 1 depending on duration of my outings.

Rgding weight gain : on my last visit 2 wks ago @ 16wks, I think I had only gain 1kg, but gyane say bb is growing well, so I guess not to worry much.

any mummies recently felt hunger pangs during the night?these 2 nights, I seem to keep feeling that my stomach is empty, though I had my dinner as per normal.

Rgding musical mobile : I have heard it will caused the bb to become cross-eyed. Is there any truth in it?or it's juz an old wives tale?

DJ Mama : I have no pref on the table, so long main details like EDD, gender etc are reflected so that we can cheer each other along the journey.
happy.gif

Hi mummies
happy.gif

for me i like Ergo, i had a few carriers but used Ergo the most for my boy!

Sunkissprissie,
ME! these few nites since monday esp between 2-4am has been waking up for milk and bread or cup noodles..

For baby towels, i bought those fr Kiddy Palace and has been using them and find them good, dry faster and dun hv those frills that will come out easily..

i also swear by my ergo carrier.
in fact i haf 2 mim slings. only 1 is used by my mum. i cant handle the sling alone leh..

when my #1 was younger, i borrowed an infantino carrier fr my sis. changed to ergo when he's abt 4 mths old. hence i didnt buy any infant insert.

im v dependent on my stroller now.. so im seriously considering if i shd use carrier + stroller or shall juz buy a twin/double deck stroller...

princessxiaomei: i read u r also looking @ twin strollers. u may wanna consider phil & teds for double deck & maclaren for side by side kind..
any other mummies saw better twin strollers? can share?
thks!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

sunkissprissie, thanks for the welcome
happy.gif

i was reading the archive and realized there is a google doc maintained. i added my details (sorry for being so thick-skinned). hoping to join the fb group too. anyone can add me?
happy.gif

thou i can't be too active as i'm a FTWM and my work does't have access to FB..
sad.gif

Just wanna ask, anyone has 2 baby car seat in car? given my close age gap for the 2 little ones.. (#1 only 9 months now, #2 still in tummy) i would think i will need 2 car seat..
sad.gif
anyone did this and can share if an adult is able to sit in the backseat with the 2 car seat? i wonder if there is any arrangement i can make, so that the space in car is less cramp..
sad.gif
i'm using a small sedan car..

i just realized a daddy is in the group. wow.. i'm impressed. my hubby will never be so hardworking to do such research... the wife is super lucky
happy.gif

btw, my email is cactus_zyx@hotmail, if you don't mind to add me into the facebook group. Thanks! :D

Thanks for sharing about the sale, mom of 3 monsters! Sunkissprissie, the details of the sale is on the homepage., you got to scroll down to see.

i am also interested to know about 2 car seats in car. Like Cac, my boy will be 3 yr plus next yr and the #2 will be few mths next yr. so i will definitely need 2 car seats as well. was also thinking how to put the car seats in the backseats. I read it is always safer to put car seat at the back so, not advisable to put at front passenger seat.

Sigh... I have high blood pressure and today the pressure shot up at 165. Doc gave me 3 days MC to bed rest. I am very worried about this pregnancy cos i had gestational diabetes for my #1 and most likely will kena it again for this #2. so high BP plus diabetes = sigh......

oh thanka Rachelle!
I guess there was loading problem when I was viewing the site in office, coz homepage was blank when I last saw it...hehe
Pls do take care ok?make sure u rest during the 3 days.

Cac, Rachelle

I have 2 car seats in the back seat of the car right now. They DO take up a lot of space, and an adult cannot sit comfortably at the back, but have to sit towards the front of the middle back seat, but it's better for the kids to be strapped in anyway. We use a Maxi Cosi Priori for the 2YO and a Cybex booster seat for the 4YO, although the Priori can take up to 3YO or maybe older, but we upgraded #1 because no point getting 2 of the same car seats.

when #3 arrives we will probably upgrade #1 to the front seat - it is safer to put car seats in the back, but in the front is OK. Only backward facing (like infant carrier) + airbag = NO NO, unless you can turn off your airbag. Forward facing seat + airbag is OK.

Rachelle
oh dear, GE! Did you have to jab yourself every day? I remember my SIL had to, so poor thing.

Rachelle,
Did you try brown rice instead of normal rice to cut down on carbohydrate? Heard that it helps to lower down the glucose level. Have you done the blood test to test for gestational diabetes to confirm?

Cac,
In order to add you to the facebook group, need to add you as friend first but cannot find your profile in FB. You may want to verify your privacy setting.

*ow mummy* - my #1 is a boy
happy.gif
I don't mind gender so long my kids are healthy & happy. Of cos if I have a meimei this time, it's triple joy & it's a bonus. I just did my d&c last sept & now my due date is early sept ;) it's really a blessing to be able conceive tt fast again. Really worried much more as compared to being pregnant w my #1 lor.. Hopefully time pass asap!

*rachelle* - take good care of ur health. Have more bed rest if u can. Hugs!!

*DQ* - i won't be getting a twin/double stroller tt early so I still have more time to look around but quite interested to know more now as I like to spend more time before buying big ticket items. Right now I have to get a cot & car seat for #1 lor.. Guess I better get these ready before 3rd trim as now in 2nd trim I'm still feeling v tired n heartburn or nauseous.. Most likely my 3rd trim I will be even more tired plus tummy so much bigger & I still Hv to look after #1 myself.. Being pregnant not easy! Alot of worries n stress.. Wawa..

gan_jiong daddy, sorry.. can let me know how to set my settings so you can find me? i realized i did not complete my email address in my previous post: [email protected]

Isobellies, how are you going have 3 car seats? then will you be able to sit 2 adults in the same car?
*sigh* i wish there is some sort of compact car seat..

thanks!
happy.gif

one more question for the mummies here.. (seems forum not v active thou.. but i'm afraid i might not be able to catch up the FB). :p

anyone having constipation? How do you remedy?

also, i know i'm abit early...i know there is this mother's milk tea that mummies can drink to boast milk supply (ok, cos i was unsuccessful in building supply before.. now i wanna arm myself).. other than that milk tea, any other stuffs we can consider? and is that milk tea, a tea? drink liao will baby become v alert and dun wanna sleep? haha.. and is it sold in SG ah? :p

Thanks, sorry for many many questions.. hee.. despite being a 2nd time mummy >_<;

Hello cac

I had slight constipation last mth, told my gynae and he juz tell me to make sure I drink lotsa water and eat fruits daily.
I heed his advice and so far I'm ok le.
I try to eat fibre rich fruits like dragonfruit.

I can't help u on the tea part coz I'm a 1st time mummy..hehe

Hi Mummies,

I m from June 2012 Mtb.
Anyone interested in sharing the bundle for the capella stroller n car seat from the metro baby sale? I already have a car seat n I only want to buy the stroller only.

thanks all mummies for your recommendation and tips on musial mobile. shall lookout during sale period then..and yes..unsure how true that it will cause baby to become cross-eyed.

any mummies send your child to babysitter? what is the rate like? do they charge base on age or quite standard? i guess need to book one soon! hot year!

cac
haiya, ya lor, the car seats are so bulky!! so 3 car seats mean: 1 driver, #1 in front seat (with booster seat), #2 and #3 in back, me squeeze in the middle in a most uncomfortable position. maid got to stay home, haha. if die die need, then one of us will take cab, cos now COE so high, we don't want to buy new car. but i rather we squeeze than compromise on the kids safety.

for milk, there's also fenugreek, a herbal supplement which you can get from the larger pharmacies, and there is actually a presciption medication that is supposed to help too (sorry can't recall name). but best is to latch more. i think the mother's tea doesn't have caffine, otherwise no one wants super alert babies, haha!

does dragonfruit have lots of fibre? :D i like dragonfruit.. but i guess it's quite "liang" issit ah? i dunno.. i just think mayb it's "liang" food..

reason why i ask about the tea, cos i see other mummies who bought the tea to standby and take in the first few days after delivery.. (that's when the milk need to take time to kick in).. and so far they have successfully established their supply... i just wanna "try harder" this time round :p

oh, is dragonfruit "liang"? I have been eating it almost everyday :x

I checked on the internet on dragonfruit -
"Due to its high fiber content, with almost 1 g of fiber per 100 g of fresh fruit, the dragon fruit can serve as a natural laxative to treat constipation."

there's this medication that is used to mainly cure stomach upset but the side effects for a lactating mum is increased milk supply. all gynaes/ GPs can prescribe it. if you're worried about milk supply can ask ur gynae to prescribe to u before u discharge. IMO, constant latching in the first few weeks is the best way to build your supply. for me i only went to medication when i returned to work and was so stressed that my supply was affected and it was a short term solution to 'hold' my supply to meet my baby demand

DJ_Mama,
I think you can follow the table as per the link.
Most probably I will order just for dinner. Lunch will get my mil helper to cook for me.

Princessxiaomei,
Before I used pupsik, I am using MIM too. Trust me once you try on pupsik, you won’t want to use MIM anymore. If you know how to use MIM, pupsik is super duper easy. I dunno how to describe to you how to fold, it’s just simply fold inwards.

RE: Baby seat
I’m also having problem with car seats. Driving a small sedan with 3 kids? Sigh.. Now #1 on booster seat and #2 on car seat already quite squeezy at the back when #3 comes, dunno how. Hopefully hubby strike lottery? lol! then can change bigger car
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Anyone of u still looking for CL?
I m from march mummies tread. Just finish my confinement and want to recommend my CL to u mummies. She is good n patient with babies... N best part of all she cook damm nice food for me..... I love her cooking.... I treat her like my own mum.. Nice lady!
The only thing is u need to apply work permit for her and she charging $2100 per 28days.... She only hv sep to oct slot left.... Let me know if u r interested.

My email contact is [email protected]

Cheers
Sal

Back