(2012/09) Sep 2012

ow_mummy (chelsey_alyssa)
yday saw gyane and he advised my EDD would be 14Sept instead =P

Re CL: I asked a lot of frens and most of those CLs they referred all TAKEN =(
got too tired asking around and din wanna wait anymore so sign up with PEMs. The agent whom i met with said that they have people calling to book CLs for the month on Novemeber lor!

and i noe Gender le ^^

Hi fattybombom, think it’s normal la… but sooner or later will start feeling de… just wait for it~ 

Hi pinkypink, you are steady leh… 09, 11, and now 12… really salute you! How do you handle it?

Jasmine, hv you seen the doc? I was given antibiotics when I had fever and flu and the doc said better to take and cure the sickness early then to let it worsen… I have history or asthma, and can easily get an attack or bronchitis if not careful…. Then the meds that need to take will be worse le… go see doc quickly and rest well! The weather simply sux and does not help…

My girl has been waking up in the night very often lately… I am soooo tired… bad enuff I got to wake up to use the toilet… and then she adds on to it as well… sigh…she seems to be v excited about having a meimei soon… and kisses my tummy every nite and sings to my bump… so I dunno why she is acting this way at night… sigh…

At the risk of sounding pessimistic, my no1 was v excitied abt no2 too n wd kiss bump etc. But then he became quite aggressive towered his frens in playgrp after she was born n very tantrumy.. Cry for anything! I almost went crazy, cuz I had 2nd csect and no maid no CL n a screaming kid. Also I only sent no1 fr 3 hr playgrp so w two at home it was insane.

But slowly things r better n I hv helpers now. But I'm prepared for both kids to take no3's arrival badly.. Hahha. I think the older they r the more rejected they feel so that y no 2 n 3 r so close. My own logic n experience la.

I can only say that it's super important to make older sibs feel loved and remember that gift from
New baby to korkor/jiejie is very important.
happy.gif

Hi,

Gald to c the sept thread is alive!

Well i m expecting my no.3, edd in late sept.

Wondering how to cope when no. 3 is out. My kiddos are just 1 yr apart - no.1 2 yrs and no.2 1 yr. My no.1 is already gaining attention from us when we play with no.2.

Hi pinkypink... wah...that sounds tough... sigh... so far she is quite the shopping queen, always wanting to buy stuff for her meimei....altho we half suspect she plans to use the stuff she wanna buy for meimei first... since meimei is not here yet... hahaha...

She grabbed a pair of butterfly wings last weekend saying they are for meimei... LOL.

Hi tiffany... looks like our thread has alot of mummies expecting no. 3~... salute to all of you!

Pinkypink: *salute* my no#1 also v bad tempered! cry for nothing n anything! but she have started to say i love you to baby n also kiss n say gdnight baby. haha. also feeding baby (thru me) w her fav food..

Hi Mommies,

I have some brand new BUMWEAR prefolds for sale.

5 Premium white prefolds
5 Newborn unbleached prefolds
2 Snappies

6876329.jpg

Willing to sell them in a bundle @ $35 (including postage).

And a preloved post natal binder selling for $25 (used less than 5 times, 85% condition) It is a free size 3-piece velcro binder.
6876330.jpg

If you are interested in any of the items above, please pm or email me at [email protected]

Hi Mummies... I'm from the August thread. This baby is my #3, and i don't intend to know the gender till deliver
happy.gif

I see some of you are interested in the mum's and baby's insurance, as like the mummies on the aug's thread.

I'm from AXA, so I'm gonna touch on AXA's Mum's Advantage.

in summary:

Mum's advantage comes in 2 products. MumCare (Plus) and INSPIRED FlexiProtector / FlexiSaver

MumCare/MumCare Plus is a 3-year / 6-year single premium term plan that offers coverage for an expectant mother against death and pregnancy complications. it also provides hospital care benefit should the expectant mother gets admitted to hospital due to child birth complications. the coverage also extends to the child for congenital illnesses benefit and hospital care benefit for the child.

INSPIRE is a whole life, regular premium investment-linked plan which allows the flexibility to choose your own insurance cover and premium amount to meet your personal needs.

Under Mum’s Advantage/Mum’s Advantage Plus, the Mother can opt to transfer INSPIRE flexi2 to the life of the child at any time after the child is born*, i.e. life assured becomes the child instead of the mother but the ownership of the INSPIRE flexi2 remains with the mother provided the INSPIRE flexi2 has not lapsed or been terminated at the time of notification to axa life of the transfer.

The coverage:
6876881.jpg

6876882.jpg
6876883.jpg

Death benefit for mother expire 30days after delivery.
Pregnancy complications benefit expire upon birth of child.
Hospital care benefit for mother expires 30 days from birth of child.

New
*Gynaecology report is waived for eligiblae nationalities
* available to ladies whose pregnancies are conceived through artificial inseminations

Cost for an average 30yo mummy to be:
For Mum'Care: it's a lump sum of $315
For MumCare Plus, it's $595

For the whole life plan, minimum is $1200/year or $100/month.

Pls feel to chk with me for details.
happy.gif

Right after baby is born, there's also a very important plan to consider:
For Hospital plans, I recommend AVIVA. They have the best coverage (and I can sell them too). I have AVIVA way before i became an insurance agent and they are the greatest.
And also, if both parents are covered under aviva, the kids are covered for free (on plan 2) up to 20years old!! (up to 4 kids).
Therefore, Aviva is a very popular choice for parents with kids. imagine u have 3 kids! how much can u save!!

Aviva hospitalisation plan (MyShield) is payable via Medisave.

This is a link from MOH on available hospital plans. Please do not go and buy those that you need to pay by cash. It's no necessary.

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/dam/moh_web/Healthcare_Financing/Medishield/Comparison_of_MediShield_and_Private_Integrated_Plans/Comparison%20of%20IPs%20wef%2030%20Jan%202012%20Table%204.pdf

Coverage for aviva is listed on it's application form here:
http://www.aviva.com.sg/pdf/applicationforms/MyShield_MyShield_Plus_Application_Form.pdf

Minimum entry age is 15 days old or the date of discharge from hospital after birth, whichever is later.

*DJ mama* - haha really?! I have no idea if I'm expecting girl or boy yet... My ms is a little diff wen expecting my boy but it's equally bad ms la... This time almost every night I'm suffering frm heartburn.. N I keep trying to drink smth sweet :0 oopz! Must control!!!!!!!! Feeling so tired!

*slimz* - ya lor my ms is v bad but comparing now to first trim... It's much better! Tt time I was really like a living zombie.. I puke min 10-15x a day. Super tired yet insomnia. No appetite. Heartburn indigestion bloated etc etc.. V bad... My body react v strongly to pregnancy hormones.. All my 3 pregnancies also have bad ms.. N for v long period of time ESP my 3rd pregnancy! :/

*Tiffany* - hello! Woah u mom of 3 le! Salute! I no courage to go thru so near age gap mainly cos I'm SAHM n my Hb usually work v v v busy. I'm like almost a maid mom Dad. Haha plus my ms is so bad.... V hard to convince myself to go thru so fast... Keke! Another reason also cos I had intention to total bf my #1 for 2 yrs so now expecting #2 is just nice fr me...

Hey ladies, gone for my check up and gynae said 80% it's a girl
happy.gif

DJ_Mama,
actually i'm ok if my hubby dun go with me because of the nature of his job, most of the time i go check up by myself. This time I want him to be around because i want to bring my boys to meet their sibling so wanted to have an extra hands. lucky, my boys were quite well behaved and all went well *Phew*

pinkypink & Tiffany
really salute and hats off to both of you, 3 children with close age gap, how do you manage? My #1 and #2 are 4 years apart so is #2 and my coming #3. 2 boys with 4 years apart, I already find it hard to handle.

Dj_mama: how old is ur no1? So cute! My son tells me he wants to buy stuff fr his sister but not much interest in shopping for the baby yet.

Ow_mummy: it's ok.. Tantrums cAnt last forever! Although It feels that way! Lol

I'm taking My two kids to London, Paris, Chicago n new York through may n June. Hub will b working mostly.. Hope I don't end up smacking them!!

hi princessxiaomei, when is your next appt? Hopefully you will know gender le... haha...hope it will be a lovely surprise for you!

Jer, are the boys happy that it might be a meimei? Haha... 4 years apart each... wah... also tiring... its like history repeating every quarter of a decade leh... just beginning to enjoy life abit then got to go thru pregnancy, breastfeeding, nappy changes etc etc again... haha... at least thats how I see it la...

You are good leh...your hubby is a lucky guy! I dunno if its just the hormones, or maybe because I suffer thru MS badly, I expect hubby to be there everytime. It's the least he can do for me since he cannot share my suffering! LOL. Evil hor, me... :p

Pinkypink, my #1 is now 3 yrs old... v talkative... I dun think she ever stops talking... she talks herself to sleep at night...and starts talking the moment she wakes... she is quite a shopping queen too...although I have to admit I must have been a heavy influence on her for that... kekeke...

You are taking the kids to Europe on your own? Wow... have fun and I hope they behave everyday for your sake! It's not easy chugging 2 kids to Europe and to so many cities too!

Looks like soon we can start a chart to update bb gender for all mummies le... haha... so exciting!

Last day of the work week today... hope everyone have a short and sweet work day today!

There's a chart on the sep mums facebook page i think.
happy.gif

My friends think im a bit mad for lugging the kids around alone but i figure, easier with two than three plus i WANT to shop!!! hehehe

My son also coming to 3, end april 09 baby. Can talk until the roof falls down! hahhaha!

Pinkypink,
Wow, you gonna travel to quite a number of place. Have fun and shop more when you are travelling
happy.gif

princessxiaomei,
yes extremely happy. Everyone in the family is happy especially my in laws cos they got 3 boys so now they finally got chance to buy baby gal stuffs.

DJ Mama,
my #1 is very very happy, he can't stop smiling. he kept saying he want mei mei cos he dun want another naughty didi. As for #2, he couldn't accept that it's meimei initially, kept saying "doctor is wrong! it's not meimei, baby is a didi! It's a boy" haha... but he's better today, accepted the fact that it's gonna be meimei. True it's like the cycle of taking care baby repeats but not so bad because the older kid can help out. I would said my #1 is a very helpful and caring boy, he help me a lot in taking care of his younger brother, much better than my hubby. There is a chart in facebook but not updated. Do you want to create one for the forum? Since not all ppl in facebook group chat in forum.

ow_mummy,
thank you
happy.gif

pinky
you are so brave to bring them all on holiday! but i'm sure they will all enjoy themselves. they're lucky to have a mummy like you. my #2 who is coming to 2YO is very strong, heavy, and strong willed, so he's quite a handful - even bringing him to NTUC i have to carry him most of the way otherwise we will NEVER get there! so I'm reluctant to bring them all on holiday...

Going to see gynae cos tum kept having sharp pain.. Plus I need to travel for work next week n week after so go get approval from gynae...

Planning my babymoon trip in may also to celebrate me n hb 30th birthday so hope gynae gives green light!!

Jer, Congrats
happy.gif

Fattybombom
Hope the sharp pain is just stretching or the liagament.

Went for my monthly check-up, gynae said 99% girl, am happy since my first is a boy having said that all i wish is everything smooth smooth, baby growing well and everything is alright
happy.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">Happy Mummy = Happy Baby</font></font>

jojo,
thanks, i knew the link for the chart. Just thinking if want to post the chart on forum cos it's interesting to see the chart grow from just edd to gynae and then to pop date.

fattybombom,
oh dear! please take care!

JEB,
thank you and also congrats you on your baby girl
happy.gif

90% girl....so happy....anyway gotten the go ahead for my business trip but for my babymoon in May still need to wait till next gynae appt then can get the letter....but i think should be fine so i shall go ahead and book my flight hahahaha

*DJ mama* - my nx appointment gonna b doing detail scan le.. Nx wk! Hopefully can cfm gender! Cos my #1 keep asking me is meimei or didi.. One moment he say hello didi nx moment he say hello meimei.. Lol! I ask him to ask doc k.. He said ok he will ask doc! Hahahahaa.. My #1 also quite chatty which I like
happy.gif
he can talk so much thou not really in full sentences as he is only 2.5.. Hopefully he will sayang his sibling alot too like how he love my baby niece!

Congrats to mommies who know their gender!! And got their triple wish come true of having their prefered gender ! Hahahaa...

Enjoy your long wkend mommies!

Hello mummies~

Fyi, metro having infant fair now til 15 April.
I'm thinking whether to start buying stuff like stroller, cot etc.is it too early?
For experienced mummies, any recommendations or advice in selecting stroller and cot?

jer: im planning to go Taiwan... actually i usually go taiwan twice a year... i just came back in Jan but i guess after i pop sure will a long time cannot go so plan 1 trip to taiwan again....just to eat all the good food hahhaah

sunkissprissie: metro sale ah? i just went last weekend for the 20% + 10%.....maybe tml go again....stocking up a bit on the avent cup for breast milk...

sunkissprissie,
if you have storage area then you can buy first. For me I will be buying around July or August where Taka baby fair will be on cos storage area is one problem, another thing is i dun want to collect dust. For cot, i will advice to buy the converter playpen whereby it can be use as cot and playpen because its easy to keep if not using anymore and not all baby will like sleeping in a cot so if baby happen to be one that dun like to sleep in cot then still can use as playpen. As for stroller, really depends on your preference. If you buy those that can be used from newborn, the pram will be heavy and bulky. If you buy the lighter ones, normally its for 3 or 6 months up. For first 6 months, I prefer using a sling than stroller cos hands free and dun need to bring out stroller. Personally I like Maclaren and combi. Do look around and test the stroller for the weight, whether is it steady, if closing and opening is easy etc before making your decision cos it's not cheap.

Fattybombom,
actually hubby was planning to go Taiwan this year too but since a baby coming along, plan gonna shift to next year. Wanted to go Taiwan for so long, still didn't get a chance to. Envy you can go twice a year.

Jer: you should go b4 pop....everyone ard me told me bb deliver le either too busy to travel or dun bear to leave alone in spore....

last june i went taiwan kenting with my couple fren they skype every night with their son ard 8 months just to see him and let him hear his voice....i scared i oso will bu she de...

i love taiwan loh....always thinking go other places holiday but end up will go taiwan...since not very ex and can speak the language

Fattybombom : I oso went for the last wkend 20%+10% metro sale to stockup my stretchmark cream. This current 1 is just the infant fair.I think city sq branch has the bigger children's section?
wow, so shiok! u gg to Taiwan for babymoon *envy*

Jer : roughly what weight will be consider as steady?

Stroller: Prefer to sling baby till 6mths, for strollers (after 6mths) i personally prefer maclaren quest is gd enough, weigh 5.5kg (if i nv rmb wrgly) not too heavy,yet steady, easy to use.

Hope all mums are enjoying the long weekend!!

I'm a lazy mum n try to train my kids to sit in stroller, sleep in cot etc. plus I never learnt how to sling baby, I prefer carriers. I like combi strollers n quinnys which can attach the infant car seat. I used to hv a peg perego but found that my boy's posture was not ideal in that so sold it off.
happy.gif

Hello ladies, have been rather busy lately and was reading the forum without posting.

Speaking about carrier, I luv manduca!! it's the best! I regretted not buyng earlier. When I brought my boy to HK when he was 1 yr, i had him slinged inside and he was able to zzz for 2 hours without waking while I carry him and shop ard HK without any strains! Best part, when he was about 2 yr, we went to Perth and same thing. I slinged him and he slept inside for 3 hours this time without waking too. Same thing, there wasn;t strain on me at all. My boy was almost 11 kg when he was 2 yr. So Manduca is really the best carrier I;ve tried so far. I got mine from this shop at Square 2. Can go check it out!

http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/manduca_baby_carriers

I also had a combi stroller but I dun like it either cos the inclinaton is somewhat not ideal. My boy doesn;t look comfy at all. We use it only when he wants to zzz or use it to put my shopping bags etc. haha.

i do a combination of baby pouch/sling, carrier (ergo) and stroller. depending on where i go, and the duration of my trip... i use my pouch/carrier for the first 2 months whereby baby prefers body contact.
i love my ergo for the same reasons rachelle loves her manduca (the weight is very distributed, no strain on the back or 1 shoulder unlike the pouch/sling.
if im out shopping for long durations, i would bring a carrier together with my stroller (using quinny buzz &amp; bugaboo). #1 looks very comfortable in both strollers

Agree that ergo is very good.. I hv sonetimes still ergo-d my 14+ kg boy if he falls asleep outside n I was too lazy to drag out stroller. Weight is evenly spread n it's good.. Much less tiring than carrying him in arms!

But I personally prefer bjorn fr first 6months cuz I feel it's more secure n ergo seems too big fr such a small baby n infant insert seems hot.

All personal preferences
happy.gif
)

ow_mummy
doc says 95% confirm the gender ..
my #1 i had my MIL do for me coz i stayed with her. this time i have my own place already.. hee... wanna get a CL instead. Its tough to get MIL do coz somehow dont feel at ease when see her so tired, etc ..

pinky
agree w you on BBjorn for first 6 months! Esp the Air model. Apparently comfort can carry until they are much heavier, but when much younger I think the air can already. And I like it cos less straps hanging all over the place than the Ergo/Beco types.

slimz: tts e problem with MIL helping out for confinement, v paiseh to ask her to do things, so end up i do myself faster n easier, now got aching everywhr..haha.. but my hse nt ready yet, still staying w inlaws =(

i agree with pinkypink on the bbbjorn for the first few months. i use the one with the backsupport for the first 3 months. im paranoid but to me babybjorn like 'wraps' the baby better, so being first time mummy then, i was fearful of dropping the baby la.

for me i swear by ergo.
been brging my no1 out alone w ergo. super ez &amp; convenient. but now he's abt 12kg, i can only use my maclaren techno xt. i also like cuz not too heavy.

but i shd b looking @ those twin/ double deck strollers. cuz i wanna brg both children out alone next time.
any suggestions i shd b looking @?
been tinking abt phil &amp; teds. any other mummies here haf experience w twin strollers?

i always take mrt. would be commuting via the same method w my 2 children in the future i hope.
now i maclaren my no1 all the way.

re baby carriers:
both my HB and myself don't feel comfy with carriers.. my #1 i got a MIM sling but din use at all. Suspect its coz she was big .. haa.. too big for the carrier, she wont feel comfy we oso dont feel comfy.

strollers:
i've a combi and my #1 (coming 5yrs in Dec) is still using it (she is one lazy pig) thou i rem the weight limit says 17kg (she is 18kg now)

ow_mummy
i understand how you feel. It was totally bo pian (no choice) that I had to let MIL do it. That time when my HB told his mum about getting a CL her reply was "now your mother is duno how to do issit?" and her reply was in hokkien i.e. "ling bu buay hiao zhou ?"

Back