(2012/09) Sep 2012

Cherrie: i delivered in KKH and i took 1 bedder as well. I like my entire experience at KKH, right from pre-natal visits to admissions for complications and subsequently birth and post natal visits. Yes, KKH does not have 2 bedder, only 1, 4 or 5 (not sure if they still have 5). I have friends whose IVF gynae and pre-natal/delivery gynae is 2 different people. bottom line is like what Sophie said, you need to be comfortable. You are indirectly entrusting your own and your baby's life to your doctor...

hope this helps

Hi Ladies, thanks for the advice. Possible to share how much cash you pay in the end for the 1 bedder? I am actually feel neutral for my gynae. He is Dr Tan Heng Hao in KK. Maybe he take over Dr Loh and be the head of IVF, so he is very busy. I feel he always in a rush, making me nervous and end up some question never ask. But i do not like 'dislike' him, as he is still the one to help me conceive
happy.gif
another thing is i do not like is he scan very fast, just tell me he saw bb heartbeat and never show me....and never tell me how's baby development, i am not sure if still early for him to explain the development also? The whole experience with him is short and sweet, that's all.

I had natural delivery; stayed 3days 2 nights (additional 1 day 1 night was upon my request cuz I had some losgistical problems at home then). After medisave deduction I fork out less than 600 cash. But FYI; my delivery was fast. From admission to delivery and push to ward less than 6 hours. My friends say my bill is on the lighter side. I'm not sure what's the standard fork out amount

As for your gynae why not tell him what your 'concerns' are and see of he changes his style to suit yours? Sometimes gynaes they see the same thing everyday may forget that it's a new experience for the parents to be
happy.gif

Hey Cherrie, my two cents worth. I am also in the same shoe as you, as in same gynae, ivf case. I am due in end aug though. agreed that he is very busy and thus it can be difficult to make appt with him. One thing to note is that he has arranged for me to see him at TPS in my last checkup and the wait was so much shorter and he seems to give me more time at TPS to ask more questions. I will usually bombard him with all my questions and he is quite friendly to answer. You can consider seeing him at TPS.. I have also thought of changing gynae but then same as you, since he is the one who handled my case, I thought it would be better to let him follow through out.

Haha, since I had many extra charges with my extra long labour, I paid about 3K cash after medisave deduction including all the baby charges. So mine definitely is not a good gauge of bill size.

I am also seeing my gynae at TPS, so far very good experience, not much waiting time, maybe can consider as Ling suggested to see Dr Tan at TPS.

A bit off the topic, last year end i visited my colleague at newly renovated 1 bedded ward at KKH, it is very nice, standard comparable with private hospital 1 bedded ward. Even nicer sofa bed for hubby to sleep over
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- Pupsik sling size M $35
- BN Playskool busy balls patterns & colours $15
- BN Pigeon breastmilk storage bottles (3pcs) $10 & FOC 18 breastpads
- BN Pigeon S sized teat (standard neck) $2.50
- BN Pigeon M sized teat (wide neck) $3.00
- BN Nuk Anti colic wide neck teat 1 0-6m (silicone) $5
- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65
- 2 boxes of Tollyjoy napkin liners 200 pcs $10
- 2 tins of NAN 2 400g (exp Oct'12) $10 each
- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350
- Avent refill 10 cups (240ml) $18

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks!
happy.gif

Hi I am a feb 12 mummy, about to finish confinement. Just wanna share a good confinement lady if u r looking for one. Pm me if u need details. Am only sharing in sept thread as she is booked other months already
happy.gif

jus to share that you can collect a very beautiful baby journal at all NLB library in singapore .it comes with a lovely music CD for baby as welll...hehee
happy.gif

hi ladies, for those whom wish to do detailed scan pls book early cos they are very full.

besides if you are with TMC, you might wan to sign up for First Born Incentive memnbership. quite worth it ..cos they gave a goody bag that comes with 3 pareentcrat textbooks, 10% off all detailed scan and oscar scan, 5% on gynae delivery fees and PDs in future. when i receieved the goody bag, inside got a can of similac milk powder...so very worth it......

furthermore, if you have frens got memebership, can parner so that you all can get NTUC vouchers together....i co share with a lady on the NTUC vouchers too...

if anyone is interested in signing up for the FBI membership, maybe we can co-share the $30 NTUC vouchers.i will mail to you.

Hi Mommies..

Can add me on FB group?
[email protected]

I'm 14 weeks preggie now. Haven been coming in to this thread since my 5th week as I was having a pretty rough 1st trimester.. Things are slightly better now.
happy.gif

To all mommies JIA YOU for the next 6 mths...
happy.gif

Hi ,
Just want to share coz charing is caring. My sis in law gave birth last mth and she is under the care of dr tan heng hao. But he wasnt ard during her delivery. Another dr was sent. He was also not ard during post op. Another dr was sent. My sis in law opted for B1. For my case, when i gave bith in 2009 for my no 1, i also opted for B1 and under the care of Dr Irene. She promised to be with me all the way till i give birth which she really did. She gave birth two mths before me but come back and delivered me smoothly. I dont understand why some gynae did not inform their patients if they cant be ard. We are after all still paying private rate.

Hi all... anyone loosing weight instead of gaining? i cant seems to put on weight ever since my dad passed away in early Feb... =( Anyone manage to know the sex of yr baby?
I went for oscar on 9th March.. I seems like can see.. gynae just kept giggling.. and say will confirm the sex next visit..
Any May 11 mummies here?

Letting go of my ultra beloved 1 yr old STOKKE Xplory Blue, 2010 version a.k.a latest model

Perfect for a boy. Imagine your 3-mth old baby at the same height with you are dinner table. Or your 9-mth old able to see the noodle chef at Ding Tai Fung open kitchen.

Mothercare price $2,209

Selling my love for $1,600

Serious buyers only. Interested parties, pls SMS Winnie @9005 8165

It's a used item, do expect normal scratches.
6812836.jpg

Hi Felicia, dr chua was the gynae who delivered my bb gal last mth. I m thankful to have her. U need a positive gynae who is calm and patient.

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt your conversation.

I am trying to let go a brand new, unused Ameda double electric pump set. This is a USA set (exactly the same as Ameda Lactaline in Singapore). Bought it from a local online retailer as a spare set to put in office but decided to take unpaid leave for a year after delivering next month so don't think I will be using it.

Letting go at S$299 nett. I think Robinsons and Taka fair is selling at S$399.

Do email me at [email protected] if you are keen? Can take a few pics of the item for you if you want. Thanks!

I'm a first time mum due in Sep. Need some advice about choice of hospital. Currently i'm with a gynae I'm comfortable with but he only delivers at Mt E. Checked up the hospital n found that there is only 1 delivery rm n few nurses trained in maternity matters. Mt E seems more like a cardiac n neurosurgery hospital. Was wondering if I should change gynae to someone who delivers in a more maternity hospital like TMC? If so, any recommendations for good gynae in TMC? Thanks a lot!

Hi beloved_j,
If your pregnancy is not high risk or complicated then stick to your gynae which you are comfortable with. Most important is for you to be with a gynae that you trust.

Just wondering if anyone still interested to chat thru forum other then our FB group? Kinda miss the day chatting thru the forum like how I used to during my previous two pregnancy.

beloved_j: if u have no prior medical history that indicates ure a potential/high risk patient, for me personally, being comfortable with the gynae is 1 of my main factors. I will be delivering at Mt. E and my uncle used to work at Mt. E. They do have maternity facilities and there is more than 1 delivery room ( i double checked! cuz this year is dragon year, hospitals sure very busy if 1 room and 5 mummies want to deliver... DIE)

Beloved_j: There are more than 1 delivery suite in Mt E. I went to the hospital tour. In fact, no hospital in SG has only 1 delivery suite.

Beloved_J
If you are comfortable with yr present gynae, just stick to him..else if you are paranoid over the hospital than u might wana switch? Cos to me both are important.. Gynae is one who see us thru the pregnancy, we must feel comfortable for every visit, as well have better understanding on every check up thru our gynae cos every pregnancy is diff.. For hospital i felt i need the after service and care tho i might be resting most of the time but i need a place where the nurse/LC understand and can address to my concern and such..thus if the hospital i am gg to stay cannot provide i might wana alternate my choices..thats my thinking lah

Hi Mrs Lee,
Ya, this thread is so quiet. Haha, for my previous 2 pregnancy, the thread runs very fast cos we were chatting everything under the sun.

hihi!!
new member reporting!!
this is my no2 & edd shd b ard 21 sep.
i also enjoy talking on forum more than fb..
hahah...

btw, babycoco... i c u~~~
u here? =)

Hi! I am also new member here
happy.gif

EDD 23rd Sep, most prob giving birth in NUH. Am at my 14 weeks now! Thought no more morning sickness yah. Nausea gone but upgraded to vomitting! lol
FB grp am interested! please add me:
[email protected]

Hi hi mummies... me too... wouldn;t mind chatting on the forum too... this way we can share information easily too...
happy.gif

I came in and posted about 2 months back i think... am having my number 2 and will be delivering in Mt E. EDD 18 Sep.

Had hyperemesis so was in and out of hospital and too sick to do anything but lie at home or sit in the toilet since week 4... I just returned to work last week.

Going to see gynae this sat and take the triple blood test. Hopefully can also find out bb gender too...

I am still having some form of MS as well... usually by about 5plus - 6pm onwards it gets abit bad. I had hyperemesis until week 18 when I had my first child, so hopefully this time round the MS will totally disappear in a few more weeks... I am week 15 now...
happy.gif

Jia You to all mummies!

Hi mommies

Can I join? This is my 3rd pregnancy ; baby #2. BAsed on my LMP I'm due 1st wk of sept.. But based on size of baby my edd shifted to end Aug

Had very bad ms since wk 4 till now at times also having ms :/ And I'm a SAHM looking after my toddler alone..

Just wondering, any 2nd/3rd time mommies edd based on size of baby is 1-2 wks ahead since first trim will end up delivering earlier or nearer to lmp date if cycle is regular??

*DJ mama* - hi, you also have severe ms!?! Same as me! When I had #1, my ms lasted frm wk 5-15+... also v bad ms and landed in hospital for drip.. Now my 3rd pregnancy w baby #2, I also had bad ms since wk 4! Until now on n off also have ms usually in evening n night.. I lost abt 2-3kg in 1st trim, totally no appetite and puke at least 15x a day.. +.+ now I gain 3kg already but appetite still so so.. Sometimes evening totally no appetite yet force myself eat a little...

Hi Mrs Lee,
Yes I am in the fb group. Are u?

Hi DQ,
Welcome
happy.gif

Hi Rosalind,
I still having nausea feeling, can't wait for it be gone.

Hi DJ Mama,
Oh dear, please take care! And yes, we all must jia you. Going to do my triple test next wed and I can't wait to know the gender too cos I got 2 boys already, hoping this one will be a gal
happy.gif

Hi princessxiaomei,
To me edd is never accurate, can only be a gauge. I gave birth earlier than edd for my 2 boys. My elder boy also got his edd shifted from early sept to end of aug but he came out on 24th aug.

Hi princessxiaomei…

Ya… my first one I also had hyperemesis… nonstop puking day and night… week 5 – 18… I thought I was going to die… also in and out of hospital for drips. Took me a long time to have courage to try for number 2. I dun want my girl to be alone next time when we are gone… so grit my teeth and tahan… was hoping it would not be so bad this time, but in the end, also almost the same… sigh… I lost 5kg this time round… think I am only starting to put back on the weight I lost… evening I can only drink soup… some days I can eat abit of bread and then some days everything still come out… really hoping to see light soon! Let’s jiayou together!

Jer, thanks… you dunno how much every little bit of care and concern means… so often I felt very isolated and alone… hubby can only stand and watch, nothing he can do to help…

Hello all!

I'm new here too!
having #1, EDD 14 Sept.
Would also love to chat here than fb.more accessible @ work..hehe
Thot no1 chats here anymore, when i first discover this thread.

*Jer* - Hi! My #1 edd was 19Sept n I delivered few days before edd
happy.gif
almost had to induce if he didn't pop by edd as my weight started to drop & placenta was aging liao le.. Tt time from start all e way, scan dates were abt e same as edd only till late 3rd trim, my scan date shifted to end sept to early oct! Haha.. This time my scans show 1-2wk diff (earlier) than my edd (4sept)... So I am thinking will I be much earlier or will also somewhere in sept... 

*DJ mama* - I know how terrible that feeling as none of my friends went thru such severe ms except my sis & I. I also had phobia! And I took quite some time to brave thru it again to Hv another child. I actually did d&c last sept.... Had very bad ms tt time too even when tt pregnancy don't work out... Suffering so badly during all my pregnancies... Puking like 15x min a day.. Having all e madness ms except fr constipation.. Think I depression also dnw lor.. So xinku yet insomnia every night... After this delivery I'll close shop.. Buay tahan the terrible long ms! Your #1 girl which month which year?
happy.gif
attend cc? 

Morning mummies~

Hihi Mrs Lee... I am no experienced mummy... most things also forgot le... wahaha... except for the terrible MS which is hard to forget...

princessxiaomeimei.... ya... same here... no one understood... even now at work, I get a lot of snide remarks from my own team, implying that I was irresponsible to "disappear" suddenly due to pregnancy... imply I am weak willed, because as long as mind is strong sure can overcome... worse still, I was being told they dun understand how I can be on hospital leave 6 weeks in a daze and cannot even do handover for them... I went home and cried...
sad.gif
Now just dun feel like talking to them much... finish my work and go home... time up I go and have lunch on my own...as long as I do my own work, I dun want to even entertain anyone!

My #1 is a Feb 09 bb... she came out at 35 weeks leh... so dunno this one will come out the same time or what... cannot be any earlier or become preemie liao... She is attending a church kindy nearby and my maid and mil look after her in the day when she is back... yours leh?
happy.gif

DJ_mama: thank god you said u forgot most things... cuz i was like erms, i dont think i rem how to handle a NB anymore, its been a while since #1, and i feel guilty that i forgot...

Back