(2012/09) Sep 2012

Good morning all, for those with MS maybe you can try drinking a bit of gasy drinks like coke or 100 plus. My sil is preggy now and she said she got MS but if drink a bit of gasy drinks can help a bit

<font color="ff0000">Pigy>I am ard 6wks+...

Littlecow>Re buy ur cny clothes? Yalor scare to see the number on the weighing scale...

Cathy>Take care and njoy ur majong session. May ur bb bless u with lots of luck! Oh tonite toto got 7million...Huat arh!
happy.gif
</font>

Hello Mummies,

I just like to share with you that Cordlife is now offering those who sign up (up till 12 Feb 2012) a $100 shopping voucher when you put my name as a friend who has referred you to Cordlife. (I will also receive a voucher from Cordlife, so its a win-win partnership;-)

You may PM me for my I/C and full name to be included when you fill up your registration.

Thank you

hi all,

i tested positive ytd and glad to join this grp.

a good news before cny for me. So excited and happy

Hi fattybombom/bless03, thanks for your inputs for the gynae consultation charges. I suppose my gynae we are engaging charge abit more. I guess the gynae is popular-that's why the charge is more. As long my wife feel comfortable and can click with the gynae is the most important.

Better make full use of my gynae service by asking more questions to make it worthwhile. :p

Mrs Lee - hse visitng till day 2 and gotta starts work on day 3. how about u?

is ur ms getting better?

so far i dont have ms yet... *xrossing finger*

Yeah visiting the first 2 days too... but told hubby we'll take it easy this time rd.. trying to do less visitation so that I can rest more.. hehe

And i took leave on day 3....
happy.gif

Went for lo hei lunch with my colleagues but did not take the salmon...cny is mostly house visiting, eat, joy &amp; merry
happy.gif
company closes on wed and everyone was asked to take leave.

indeed good news for everyone!

I accidentally ate a lot of raw fish and raw cockles coz could not get used.... :p

so happy to see this thread. at least can discuss things together...

Mrs Lee - yeap and i think i will be tired to stay out long too. nowsaday i always feel zzz esp in pm.

Pigy - yeap, let's tighten our seat belt and enjoy this 9mth journey

bless03, minniemoodibo - not advisable to eat raw foods.
before i got positive, i already have signs of preg and since then i avoid eating foods not meant for preg. Im coffee lover and is killing me for not able to drink coffee now.

heeeheee and Happy CNY to all of you and the little beanies in tummy.

My gynae is Dr Paul Tseng, his clinic is at TMC. I paid $190 for my first consult, include a photo of the ultrasound scan.
No med was given as I already got my own folic acid.
I really like my gynae, very professional, very assuring, good bedside manners and he's really charming. You all can search another thread on him, many mummy say he's good looking, which I agree!
I chose him because I really wanted a natural birth and after much research I know I had to go to him! So far he has been good, and I hope everything goes on fine.

Any mummy taking hormones pill to stabilize the pregnancy? I see that alot of ppl are given that med even those who are doing well? Is that necessary? My gynae only ask me to take folic for now.

my gynae prescribed folic acid, aspirin and hormone pills.. maybe coz of my history bah.. so now i eat all these until i very scared liaos.. as it is, its already very hard to eat much... all these are just adding to the turn off... but what to do.. got to ren!!

Hmmm.. Seems like it's common to eat hormones pills. I wonder is it fine if I don't take. Any maybe because I never take those pills that's y my MS is very mild, almost non existence now.
This is my first pregnancy with no history of MC but I do suffer from PCOS.

Shaggy- I took hormone pills, duphaston 3pills a day. Gynae say I take 3 as I have pcos. Will decrease the dose to 2 next visit. Maybe u wanna ask ur gynae y he did not prescribe u hormone pills...

<font face="Comic Sans MS">dunno if this helps but i had a super cold cup of orange juice during lunch and it's helped my queasiness. you gals can try, hehe.

pigy - me only in week 5
happy.gif
</font>

Eve I love coffee too! Sure suffer d symptoms of no coffee days. Er. Besides raw food n coffee what else to avoid?
Y gynae visits all so exp.
sad.gif

Shaggy: I oso just take frolic acid only. Gynae said its enuff now... I oso got pcos.. I TTC 1 year then bfp de

Yaya i also can't do without coffee. I have checked with my gynae and per him can 1 cup per day is ok. So i still drink.. :p

Pigy my gynae is dr adrian. His package only 550 so consider very cheap. This is my 2nd pregnancy with him. Think you can read his review somewhere in SMH. Can't remember where already. But if you want very detail gynae then he might not suitable for you.. :p

Going home soon.. yeah!! can rest for 4days!!

pigy - fish with mercury are to be avoided too
and if u or ur spouse have histroy of asthma, pls avoid peanuts

gynae prices are at these ranges.
u can take up the package on wk 12 onwards which exclude medicines

btw, my gynae is Dr Benjamine Tham from TMC

cheers

shaggy, if your pregnancy is stable, no need for hormone pills...

seems like a lot of pple will be at tmc. I'm also at tmc. skarly we end up chatting at the delivery wards! haha....

Agree with minniemoodibo - if the pregnancy is stable, no need for hormone pills.

My wife has received hormone pill prescribed by the gynae during our first visit. The hormone pill is given as my wife told the gynae she experienced cramping and bloatedness discomfort for the past few days. Therefore, the gynae prescribed the hormone pill to help relax the uterus and prevent it from contracting. Therefore, sometimes have to depend on what you have feedback to the gynae and then they will decide whether to give you medication based on their judgement.

After taking the hormone pill for 1 day, my wife said that she feel more comfortable at her tummy and she can feel her uterus trying to expand with ease.

I think I should trust my doc judgement, since he thinks i'll do fine without the hormones pills. I'm feeling quite good these days, no MS and eating pretty well.

Although my doc is in tmc but I think i'll choose to deliver at Mt A. I heard very good reviews on Mt A. I really don't like TMC envionment, so busy and cramped.

minniemoodibo>The hormone pill my wife is taking does not cause nausea. We have clarified with the nurse before taking it. Maybe I can check the medication name and post here later.

Goodness me! This thread move fast!

Sylvie, what does the package includes? Seems ye whole world is in TMc. Er that means delivery Also by TMC? Donno if charges exp as Kk.

Susie, me 4 weeks. One week difference.

Sianz must watch our diet.

gan jiong dad,
PReviously, when I had cramping ie contractions like pain,(that was previous preg at abt 15 wks) the Doc prescribed med to relax the uterus, but those were not hormone pills. mine were ventolin pills.....

Hi gan jiong daddy> I was given utrogestan during my #1 as I experienced cramps. I duno if it caused morning sickness but I do have bad morn sickness till 16weeks.

Re: Delivery Hospital
So many of you are delivering in TMC!! I will be at Mt A though. Will stick to it since my #1 was delivered there too.

Regarding delivery suite
Me will go for Mt A too. My 2 kids both deliver there. Like the environment. Peaceful and much more convenient.

mine will be at tmc since #1 was born there so i feel familiar to bk there again

anyway good service from the nurses
hence not intend to switch

just tat the carpark is terrible. shortage of lots

Hi ganjiong daddy,

I'm seeing Dr Lim Teck Beng from Mount Elizabeth. Paid %150 for first consultation, scan, print of scan and vitamins. Subsequent visits would be $80.

Went for the scan today, Dr said my baby is about 22-23 days the sac is 0.86mm. Hope it normal. Reviewing my 2nd appt 2 weeks later for baby's heart beat and growth...
happy.gif

ganjiong daddy

I bought my maternity clothes previously at a neighborhood shop call carrano at toa payoh central. Basic clothes at reasonable prices. But dun expect something very fanciful.

I will be going there again as some of my previous maternity clothes are worn out already...

U can bring your wife there to take a look

I gave birth to both my kids at Kkh. Now my gynae move to tmc, I follow him. Somehow I feel it's a far cry as compared to Kkh. Quite cramp and nothing much there. I chose gynae over hosp, so I have to accept the hosp. Hope it'll be a good experience...

colorsofbabies>Thanks for your info. Is this your first pregnancy? How is the environment like at Mount Elizabeth? I think should be newer than TMC. I live in Toa Payoh, so the nearest gynae is either TMC or TPY central's C H Koh Clinic For Women. My wife choose TMC as she is referred by her GP. Charges at TMC is not cheap. Hope my subsequent visit will be cheaper.

minniemoodibo>Thanks for your info. Toa Payoh Central is just at my doorstep. Will go and hunt for the shop today. Currently, my wife is just looking for basic pant just to tide over the CNY. No fanciful clothes for now, as we only wish to announce our pregnancy when the baby is stable. :p We may go to other places to look for clothes. Will share in the post if there are any outlet worth to visit.

Gd morning.... Happy sat....gan jiong daddy> can buy maternity wear online at gmarket &amp; asos. Maybe we can create a Facebook group in time to come
happy.gif

bless03>Facebook group is a good idea. Then, we can share more information online and everybody will be overloaded each other with tons of information. :p

I have a question to ask today. Is it ok for my wife to eat rojak when she is pregnant? The reason of asking is because she seemed to feel discomfort in the middle of the nite after our last dinner- and we suspect it is the rojak. After this incident, I learnt to say no to my wife if she got other unhealthy craving. Sometimes, I think MS is good for my wife too so that she cannot anyhow eat.
happy.gif
She dun have any obvious MS at this moment. Touch wood :p

Gan jiong daddy> did ur wife ate the pineapple in the Rojak? Not advisable to eat pineapple now. Maybe the sauce, raw cucumber, radish causes the discomfort...now stomach tends to be more sensitive, have to be careful of the food intake....

gan jiong daddy> ive heard that the prawn paste in rojak is not too good for preggy...but do not have details of why isit so though.

Any mama already has a bump? My tummy seems to have harden and its showing a small bump on the lower tummy already. I'm only 8weeks, isn't it abit too early to have a bump?
I've been controlling my diet so i hope its not fats. I don't wanna be fat momma! Lol...

Hi bless03/Littlecow,

Thanks for the advice. I am glad to have your ladies as my 'jun shi'(teacher). Being first time daddy-to-be, I am ignorant of the Do and Don't.

My wife just ate the 'you tiao' and 'tao bo'. Luckily, the stall run out of other ingredients. After reading your posts, we feel more guilty and learnt to be more careful next time. Just pray that nothing serious done to our baby - so far, my wife feel much better this morning after morning walk. And I hope that my example serve as a reminder to those first-time mum not to eat rojak just to play safe.

Gan jiong daddy: you are such a great daddy to be and hubby! My husb is so chill about my pregnany, life goes on normally for him. Haha!

Back