(2012/04) Apr 2012

seems like i'm the only one who is waiting till after 6 weeks to see my gynae. hope everything will be looking good then.

eliz: dun wear heels lar... naughty :p

ladies: anyone feel like you can't stretch your tummy? like if you just woke up and try to stretch your back (arch backwards), feel tightness in your tummy?
i get that, and now don't dare to do feel stretch anymore.

tangerinez
My appointment is actually during my 7th week! hahaha.. but see all go already, i also wanna go. lol.

Hmm, so fast cannot stretch? I only feel my tummy itchy! haahaa.. all in my mind.. Thinking when i shd start to use those stretch marks cream.

tangerinez, dun feel so leh. but still got mild crampings in the left, right and sometimes center. but my friends say mild cramping is good, cos the uterus is working hard! haaha.

eliz, call, or walk in loh. ur gynae so popular ah? who u seeing? i had to wait 1.5 hours yday for my gynae loh...

eliz: ya, mine is after 6 weeks, in the 7th week, same as you (i still get confused over the week thingy).

i also dunno is it in my mind, if i stretch too much i scared hurt inside. lol.

oh, and i started applying clarins oil since the day i tested positive! tell me about being ks. lol. but sometimes i lazy to apply lar.

ni: ya, mild cramps here and there. paranoid, dunno good or not. some say good, but everytime got slight cramp i check for spotting.

so weird. i thought i posted a reply.... =/

anyway was just saying that my gp told me to wait till im at 12 weeks. and most gynaes wont see u till u're abt 8 weeks... but u know, being first time parents, we're vvv anxious! just wanna make sure that everything's ok..

does polyclinic have such things? or is it better to go straight to a gynae. when my sis was pregnant mom said to have just gone to poly.. lol. i pretty much havent decided..

ying, my 2nd appt is in 10 days time!

lily, wait till 12 weeks to see gynae??? so long???!!! abt 6.5 weeks can go see already. see if got heartbeat.. and you must start your vits already. folic acid.

ya, 12 weeks is way too long. in those ang mor countries, they see doc at 8 weeks. but in SG, it's a norm to see at 6 weeks cos can see heartbeat le.

poly or private gynae, that really depends on your preference. but you should see gynae at least around 6 weeks plus.

Ya.. think forum abit ku-ku.. I have to re-write this post..

My appt is next week which is supposed to be 7th week. Had this stitch liked pain on my right side whole of yesterday and panicked abit. Wondering if I should push appt earlier but decided against it afterall.

Lily Lynn, I prefer to go later cos don't want to scare myself if cannot see sac, yolk, baby, heartbeat, etc.. because it is still too early. I easily paranoid kind. Save myself the worries. hee...but hor, 12 weeks is too long lah!!

I am still wearing high heels too!!

Cyan
High Five!! If i suddenly wear flats (except for fridays) colleagues sure will wonder.. don't wish them to know so soon.

Ni
I'm seeing Dr Adrain Tan @ TMC. Saw him for my #1 and will con't for #2

Lily
12 weeks?? I doubt any mummy here can tahan so long! hahahaa.

tangerinez
Haha.. nah, i think i wanna start soon. need to get some this wkend!! I don't want any stretchmarks..

Hmm... I should be at week 5 now. And I am going to see my gynae tml.

Hopefully, can see something. My stomach is already budging out. Got the pregie shape already. My last pregnancy I put on 20 kg, hopefully this time round will be more well manage.

ni & eliz: yarrrr. i was disappointed can? lol. he told me for now no need to do anything.. oct then can start seeing gynae.. -__-

cyanlily: my hubs and i are the opposite. we hope to see something or anything that it's there. hehe. yeps, i've been having bearable cramps since the day my menses was supposedly due.. but as long as not spotting, should be ok?

neuc: at 5 weeks? wow. i cant tell e difference for mine. i have a flabby tummy even before i got preggers. hehe

neuc
Me too!!! 22kgs and my gal was just a tiny 2.6kgs
happy.gif

I still have 7kgs on me ah.. sob sob.. cannot afford another 20kgs.

Think usually 2nd time can see shape faster as our stomach muscles not as strong.. but 5 weeks really early.. I think my 1st time, 5 months also cannot see my tummy, take mrt also nobody give up their seat to me.

ST : Hugs! Do take care! Will keep you in prayers tt bb is doing well and continue to be sticky to you.

Gosh this thread is going so fast!!! So glad to see so many new mummies-to-be!! Congrats!!

Many mummies-to-be are taking duphaston.. I'm using progesterone pressaries... but all this are at the instructions of my Sgp Dr... the aussie dr here just follow instructions...

Coz I've some protein-S deficiency, I need to take also bb aspirin and daily jabs to thin my blood...

i personally found this thread v useful. was scouring the internet and loading myself up with too much information before i found the forum! i'm like, why didn't i discover this site first eh!

2nd time mummy, the tummy will show earlier. i have a little bulge on my tummy liao too

neuc/eliz, my last preg was also huge. put on 17kg!

Hi mommies, sad to say i can't be in tis thread anymore
sad.gif
I'm cfm ectopic.. Tis morning went to my gynae's clinic at Gleneagles.. Went to the imaging clinic for detailed v scan n ultrasound.. They found nothing in my uterus but found something near ovary tts equilvalent to 6 week old sac.. Nw I'm admitted in mt a for surgery tonight at 830pm
sad.gif

Hope my Fallopian tube is not damaged by the growing sac.. Else they will hv to remove one of my tubes.. N my chances might be slim in future.. Haiz I'm the suay one lo..

ST, im very sorry to hear that. hope everything goes well for u tonight and in the future. must have faith and not give up hope ya? *hugs*

ST, Sorry to hear about this =(
Will pray for speedy recovery on you and your body. Take care and rest well.
Stay positive ok.
God bless!

so sorry to hear that, ST. pray that your fallopian tube is undamaged...

take care and be strong! rest well, for a healthy baby soon!

ST: so sorry to hear that. hope the surgery was a success. rest well and dun brood on this. you'll have another healthy baby soon. rest well and take care! *hugs*

Morning Ladies...

today is a bad bad day..
feeling so terrible but cant vomit out. =(

and just hate taking train every morning and evening. the waiting time is getting longer & longer... sometimes I even gotta wait for at least 6mins at Raffles place during peak hour!! DAMNN.... still wanna increase the fares!! wat the..........

anyway, cant wait to see my little 1 tomorrow.. heeezz.. =)

hi mummies, can I ask, is there any one of you having discharge and its the watery kind. it looks like you have urine leakage.

ying: hang onnnnnnn! i can imagine how terrible it is to have to join the crowd in trains when feeling unwell.

i also feel like vomitting all the time. and i dunno whether to try to vomit it out or not. i'm afraid if i force myself to vomit out, this will be the start of the horrible MS

lemon: it is normal. this is actually signs of pregnancy, called leukorrhea. i've been having similar discharge from the moment i conceive till now. as long as it is not bloody/spotting, it is fine.

lemon: i experienced tat once after i found out i conceived..looks like pee but w/o the smell n colour..like water..scared me but it nvr happened again...glad to know its jus actual signs of pregnancy..

ying: i know exactly how u feel!! my whole body doesnt seem to belong to me anymore..i know i shldnt b feelg this way but i really feel very upset tat im temporarily 'immobile'! i really cant wait for e 1st trimester to fly past me! i cant afford to b moping ard the whole day. =(

ladies, how's ur skin putting up wif all the change in hormones? mine is horrrigible!! it peels, it flakes, n occasionally itches. like as though the all-day nausea is not bad enuff for me. =(

morning all,

bad bad morning for me too..sorry to say tat but have been wanting to vomit the whole morning but nothing vomitted lah. feeling cold too and hope i m not done with cold...

hello sisters,
seems like we're all having similar symptoms. I also nausea but no vomit which makes me in turn can't really eat my meal properly.
Then every night wake up twice to pee and then have problems going back to sleep bcuz will either hear heart pound (boom boom boom) or my nose is blocked then I got a bit of difficulty breathing. Let's all hang in there!
Just went for week 7 scan ytd, bb is 9mm long. Still thinking whether to stay at KK for cheaper fees or go private (I got records at both liaos). Both docs also Im comfortable and both are in my pov, ok. Any advice how you choose your gynae?

ST >> I'm really sorry to hear that. Please do take care and time to recover and I'm sure u'll have a bb on the way very soon again. Hugs.

just went lunch with colleagues... they wanna eat japanese food!! OMG... and my boss keep asking me to eat sashimi! but I CAN'T... SO SAD..!!

Kimmy - woww.. already week 7 ah!! so ur EDD shld be early April right? So you saw the Heartbeat?
gynae - my bff introduce me her gynae... so I just use the same gynae as her loh.. at TMC. didnt do any research also.. haha!!

4hrs + 15mins more!! faster faster... i wanna go home zZzzzz.. yawning non stop!

just came back from lunch. have appetite to eat but now feel like shit, damn nauseous but not enough to vomit it out.

it's great to be able to share these with you gals. cos cannot tell anyone!
sad.gif

ying >> yes can see hb and sac and fetal pole. heheheh :D
yes I know what you mean...time pass faster please.

Tangerinez >> ya! I feel like shit after every meal. HOw ah? YOu wash it down with water?

Sisters >> how soon will u let colleagues know ah? After 12 weeks? What if bump showing? Mine is primarily fats lah..

yingoinkoink
I sure miss my sashimi!! Cannot imagine how to tahan another 9 months without it
sad.gif

I also don't like water... running out of things to drink... arwgh!!

Confirmed going for my check up this friday. Yeah!!

Having cramps is normal???

ying & eliz; the more my frens keep telling me abt the stuff not to eat, the more i feel like eating them!!
sad.gif

kimmy; only told a buddy in the office so far, and HR becos i wanna siam arrow. hehe.. as for the rest of them, either at 13 weeks or when the bump is showing and they can start to guess themselves..?

eliz; i keep having cramps too. but no spotting. and i haven even been to a doctor/gynae yet... :X

kimmy: i do a combi of 'swallowing' it back, or trying to burp it out. once can burp out will feel better. maybe have to start drinking eno or something next time.

last night i felt the same after dinner. i resorted to strolling in my bedroom (hiding symptoms from in-laws) for a good 15 min before the nausea died down.

Kimmy - I only told 1 colleague aka my gd fren!! intend to tell my boss after I see the hb!

Eliz - ya lohh.. i can't live without jap food!! and also my bloody steak(medium rare) and now i gotta avoid it.. =(
cramp - mild cramp shld be fine... but if severe pain.. den u better check with your gynae

sorrie to say this...but...glad to see that i'm not alone in my nauseous stage!!! thankfully still not at puking stage yet but still, my stomach will feel so huge and bloated after each meal...and i need to keep taking small bites thru'out the day to keep my nauseous-ness manageable...sighz....m gng to get fat fat fat!

every morning feel like taking mc and juz wana con't to lie in bed haha...how to even pull thru the 1st trim?!!! time seems to crawl till my next gynae visit haha =p

Dotzzz
Me too!!! Every morning its a struggle to come to work... not that i'm nauseous (oops! not gloating here) but more of i'm so sleepy!!!
When's your next visit??

Ying
I love medium steak too!! Cannot eat too????
The cramp is bearable.. like my usual menses cramps so have been heading to the toilet to check if got red not! hahaa.

But i think bb is growing.. My boobs are growing!! Painful too.

Lily
How many weeks are you? I wanted to go see only when i'm 7/8 weeks but i'm worried my tooth will give me problem (might need to do root canal) and since there's a elc sale this friday, decided to take mc and go check up 1st cum shopping! hahaa..

Eliz, my next visit is next Thur...jitters jitters! haa...tink i need to break the news to my boss soon after this 2nd visit...coz...my edd clash exactly with my super peak period of the year! i tink she's gng to flip...sighz..but seriously, i didnt purposely plan it this way haha..though i'm secretly pleased..oops...

lucky babe leh! is ur hub happie? haha..my boobs not growing yet leh hahaha..but my stomach is growing though i suspect it's actually fats!!! so flabby!! erks!

eliz, i'm at 6 weeks! hubs had e worried when i told him im having cramps.. haha. took half day tmr, will be heading to the polyclinic to get a headstart.. ;)

guess he's just very anxious. went for bloodtest to cfm that im pregnant and gp went: "a bit borderline leh, but ya lah. positive!" so for him until he sees something that will really really assure him that things are fine...

dotzzz, my boobs are sore.. and i have a flabby tummy tooo! hahaha. esp for e first time mummies, is there any change in your lower abdomen area? like it feels harder or something of that sort...?

oh no...no cheese? but i juz hv hamburger with cheese....is it oki? abit hard to avoid cheese in my daily food leh...oh dear....

haiz..i rem i force myself to see well done steak last time lor (though i love medium ones too) haa..coz pple say if u eat red meat, bb will be bah4 bah4 (ie. meaty) but hmm..my gal still tiny lah haha =p

I hv frens who con't to eat sashimi and everythin still goes well leh...tinks depend on individuals bah?

Back