(2012/03) Mar 2012

<font color="000080">Didn't manage to do amnio today... my doc feels the amniotic fluid not enough yet, doesn't want to risk it. Sigh. Have to wait till 13th to check again whether can do.

And he doesn't want to talk about gender at all... I suppose don't want to encourage forming bonds until the results are sure. He completely avoided scanning the groin area, now using biparietal diameter to determine fetal age. D:

Sarah >> Can't remember is it you who said cannot claim medisave for amniocentesis? I checked with my clinic, can leh.</font>

Tethysea: oh u can't do it today ah? Mine on 11oct tue. I hope I can do Coz I waited tis day so long le. Can use medisave? Ok will check on tue.

Hallo ladies!

Went for the scan today, doc says its a gal! Hehe, its what my daughter wished for! A mei mei! A bit disappointed coz i want to have a boy so that I can have my #1 as the only gal!

But, its okie.. most imptly baby is healthy regardless of gender!!

Hi J, Daisy &amp; Sweetpod,

Thkx &amp; nice meeting all of u here.

It's my 1st child n my mrn'g sickness is very terrible. Anyone drink Anmum n how's the taste?

Momo_mummy, this time girl or boy?? Did Lucas get cranky after u know u got no. 2 ar? Lil A now very cranky n sticky to me, driving me nuts!!!

Hi mummies,

Have the follwing items to let go as im clearing space:

1. Preloved Tommee Tippee Maunal Breast Pump
2. Mustela Stretch Mark Double Action cream
3. Milk Storage btls (7medela, 4evenflo &amp; 3farlin)
4. Milk btl carrier (those that can keeps water warm for bringing outdoor)
5. Chicco Carrier (Blue Color)
6. Blue TIMEX watch
7. Baby cot bumper
8. Lucky Baby Milk Btl Drying Rack (RESERVED)
9. Baby's changing Mat

Kindly pm me if interested.

TIA

Momoko: mine can't tell gender yet leh! Going gynae another 3 weeks time. Urs? Can tell Liao? Yup Lucas is super glue!! Haha cannot take it!

K@ye, great new! They can share the clothings ;)

ET, I'm taking anmum, chocolate, I find it not bad ;)

Princessyuki, tried to PM u but unable to.. Can I have 5&amp;7? Thks

welcome new mummies
happy.gif
Good luck to mummies who will be doing their amnio this week!

Btw is it true that if your #1 is c-sect, #2 most likely will be c-sect too? My 1st one is c-sect so wondering now. Bcoz I rem asking my gynae after I had #1 whether my #2 will be c-sect and he said not necessary. Also c-sect means you will deliver 1-2 weeks earlier? The previous time mine is emergency c-sect so don't really know about this part.

Zelda : I got ask this to my gynea... he say depand how big is my #2... if i dont want c-section is possible de.... but depand how big is my #2 if over 4kg or the head too big advise to be c-section....

Momo_mummy, I also duno yet. Still too early to tell coz my last scan was at 12 weeks. 12 more days to my nxt scan. Duno bb wan to let me know gender anot this time. My hubby hopes for boy this time coz we wanna close shop. :p

Zelda, #1 via c sect dun mean #2, depend on conditions. My fren had #1 via c sect coz in breech position, #2 via natural. Her two pregnancy was 3 yrs apart though. N yes, c sect usually has to b around 37 - 38 weeks as per wat my gynae told me.

kaye - wow !! ur girl must be very happy ! grats ! nvm try for boy the next time den .. =)

et - my ms is terrible also , only get better recently nia .. i tink soon gonna go off le , bear with it a little more den ! jiayou =)

for the anmum , nvr took this , i took those fresh milk instead ..

elletwins - rest more den !! take good care of ur health =)

zelda - if the gap is too close and baby is quite big , usually gynae will suggest c sect again , but if u dont wan c sect this time maybe ask gynae whether could u do a VBAC and get him to explain the details to u ..

c sect usually is earlier , but if u wanna drag i tink gynae will allow also depending on ur health condition or choosing the date u like ..

Thanks mummies for your advice
happy.gif
Personally I prefer c-sect as the oth time I induce twice &amp; still cervix not open after 24hrs so it's no fun! Plus I think I'm allegeric to epidural as I kept vomitting after it was administered to me. If keep vomitting how to push if 1 2 try natural? Ya good that can select the date of delivery too... can ask Fengshui Master which is a good date where horoscope compatible with my hubby &amp; me
happy.gif

J, ya can save a bit of $$ on clothes but I will still buy new clothes like for e 1st mth, n a new swaddle blanket when baby is discharged. Dun want her to feel everything is hand me down.

But one thing I dun like is everything is pink for gals dun hv other colors like yellow or cream!

Hi mummies,

i've a few items to let go.

1)Lamaze gardenbug foot finder &amp; wrist rattle set ($10)
2)Lamaze Spin &amp; Explore Garden Gym ($15)
3)3 tins of Similac Mum, expiring Oct 2013 ($12 each)

Kindly PM me if you're keen.

Thank you!

Hello,

I'm from Sep 2011 thread and I have a good CL that I will like to recommend to all mummies. Siew Ling jie was the CL for my 2 SILs and they sang praises of her which was the reason why I decided to engage her.

On the first day she arrived, she revamp my kitchen and create a very neat system for keeping the milk bottles and my breast pump equipment. She is also very encouraging and supportive of breastfeeding. The first 4 days, my breast milk has not kick in yet and I was feeling very stressed and down. She boiled papaya soups and always remind me to drink lots of red dates tea to help with the milk production. During that period, she gave me alot of encouragement on breastfeeding. She is very alert especially for night duty of taking care of baby. The moment my baby starts to go eh eh, she is already up and heating up ebm to feed him.

After being discharged from hospital and that 1st week of back home and trying to adjust to be a mum, Siew Ling jie is really a godsend helper and teaching me alot of things about taking care of baby, learning how to differentiate the various tones of my baby's cries which means different needs of my baby.

She is also a very good cook and takes care of me very well. She always whip up interesting dishes cooked in different ways. Check out some of the dishes she has cooked for me so far.

6133232.jpg

6133233.jpg

She is very hardworking and even cleans those hard to reach corners in my kitchen and does the household chores fast and efficient.

Overall, she is really a good CL and I will highly recommend her to all mummies. I will definitely engage her again when I have my 2nd child.

Her contact is:
Singapore HP - 81195431 (contactable when she is working in SG)
Malaysia HP - +60137067061 / +60127609538 (contactable when she is in Malaysia). Do tell her you are recommended by Meiyu. She usually will give higher priority to those who are recommended by mummies who engaged her before. Do book her early for your confinement as she get booked pretty fast!

Daisy, I m stopping at 2! Won't try for no 3!

Michelle, hehe then I must go shopping harder to look for colors!

zelda - like tat if u gonna try natural gonna be without epi , if not hard to push while ur vomiting at the same time ..

ya , check with gynae if u c section , what dates can be the earliest date to give birth den u can check fengshui shifu for the date between the first day till ur actual EDD ..

Jo: Not only heavy traffic, those who take train also suffer, whenever it rains, train slow down and keep jerking. Very uncomfortable. At least I get a seat as people offer me, I don't know about those MTB who are standing without any seat for them. = (

Morning ...

Ya, heavy rain, nice weather to zzz in and I was super late for work.

Partly cos my kids' childcare are having their yr end phototaking session today and my son wanted me to style his hair. But I CMI, spent half an hr still don't know how to get it done. :p

<font color="000080">Sarah >> yar I also wait until neck long long... bobian lar, I trust my doc's judgement. Hope Thursday will have enough. I've been drinking 10 cups of water a day, hoping it'll help! Haha.</font>

good morning mummies, cool and nice weather to sleep in today..

Early morning feel so frustrated by mu managers... tot i wonder woman 1 person to handle like 4 pax work load... crazy...

wenwen, they think your BB can help out in the work too
happy.gif
hahaaa
yeah, today felt BB moving moving again &amp; for quite a long one, it has been a wk din felt movement, missing it... hahaa

Jo: bb cold cold so move alot... my bb move alot too this morning...

Wen: now u got 4 hands.. urs plus baby so ur manager wants u to work harder.. hahaha... think of 4 months maternity u wont feel frustrated liao... hehe

jo, ya i think so too... i also think they are unhappy with me cos i dun stay for OT at all.. i refuse to as i dun wan anything to happen to myself and bb...

momo, ya i will think and look super forward for my 4 mths maternity leave...

btw how does it feel when bb move inside you? is it like vibration or abit aching aching type..

Mummies who are hving their number 2 or 3 or 4: u mummies any intention to still keep baby stemcord? My hubby says got no 1 stemcord enuff oredy but i feel is something precious and tot of keeping it leh...

wen: now early stage is like little vibration as thye grow bigger ard 6-7 plus u can feel the kick stronger and by 8months plus u can SEE the elbow and the leg from ur tummy and by then will be painful when baby do stretching inside ur tummy... hehehe

wenwen: hmmm think i've felt both vibration and a pop corn like feeling... but pop corn only once..
momo: oh! cold BB move a lot? kekeee, then i look forward to rainy days now
happy.gif
as BB get bigger, bones harden think the feeling will get more distinct!
happy.gif
yeah, even if it's painful at least know BB is well inside.. by then can know BB moving pattern too ... so looking forward
happy.gif

<font color="000080">wenwen >> I've been feeling a bit of movement, hubby also can feel if he put his hand on my tummy... sometimes feels like someone blowing bubbles inside, sometimes feel like a mini heartbeat (I think that's the kicking) :p Usually when I am lying down and going to sleep.</font>

Jo: no lah i was joking that baby is cold then move alot...
But baby tends to move more at night then day time... day time they will be zzz and night time they will be awake cos sleep too much in the day liao....
Ya I love the feeling of baby moving inside too... after give birth nothing moves inside liao then u will want to be pregnant again cos i miss those feelings... hahaha... after birth only got FATS moving ard our tummy... hahaha

tethysea: duno water reali will helps not..i aso keep drinking nw..tml is my turn i hope i can do it leh..i waited so long liao...if postpone again my hub will b disappointed too...he juz wan to knw the result fast coz each day my tummy bigger n bigger..he scare i cant take the blow..

I started to feel some light movements too but this is getting "addictive". Everyday will wait for bb to move and I get paranoid when she don't move for a day. Is it normal for bbs not move at all for few days?

momo: hahaa, thought it's for real, cos i felt cold and put on caridgan then felt the movements
happy.gif

wah hahaaa, really trying not to put on too much fats, i'm not skinny to start with

<font color="000080">Sarah >> I read that if the mother is dehydrated the fluid will be a bit too little to do the test. I don't think I'm dehydrated leh... but just drink more, no harm. I also want to know the results soon... now already can feel the movement, really mixed feelings about it. But cannot rush it also - imagine results ok but because not enough water the bb never survive? *TOUCH WOOD*

BB >> I think it's normal that we don't feel all the time at the moment... now bb still so small, have to use a lot of strength to kick through the uterus, amniotic fluid, skin, fats, muscle...</font>

Sarah, tethysea, drink more water, supposed to help. I can understand the worrying feeling, esp as our tummies get bigger and we start feeling movements. I was worried when waiting for amnio results, even went to googled wat happens if need to terminate and it was horrible. Hubby kept telling me dun go check all these, just keep positive thoughts!

All the best to you both !

Sarah &amp; tethysea: jiayou, yes have positive tots... will keep u and baby in prayers!

Jo: haha... at night baby will move more lah... no need to be cold... cold i bluff u de... hehe

BB: yes, now when BB is still small lots of movement actually we can't feel. i din felt movement for a wk for this little fellow..
but as BB gets much bigger, it should at least movement for a day or hrs.. by then u will know

Thks GG &amp; momo

GG: ur result out? how long u take to wait for the result?

tethysea: i so scare i not enuff water coz i tink my tummy inside more food than water loh..i reali hope to see good result...if not..i aso duno what to do..sigh

GG: i google search too..those pictures when terminate the pregnancy..i dun wan this to happen..but i reali not prepare for DS kid so do my hub..my hub stopped me frm seeing bb stuff even shopping he skip the section. i can tell he will b damn disappointed if this pregnancy is a failure..and he not gg to have another try then i forever cant b a mother..

Tethysea, Jo,
oh ... cos for the past 2 wks, I was feeling light movements at around the same time (morning and evening) everyday.
Then there were 2-3 days that I didn't feel anything so got abit worried. But after she moves again on the 3rd day, I felt relieved again.

Back