(2012/03) Mar 2012

Morning!

I'm thinking v far ahead..what formula milk are you all using? Which one is good for baby?

I'm worried I won't have much bm...supply < demand lol

star_nn - i using s26 for #1.. i duno which fm is good for baby but i know Friso quite close to bm. Sometimes what u think is good for baby may not be their liking. Many says S26 is too heaty for baby but my girl take it quite well. I have a gf whose girl have to mix s26 and Similac if not baby cant poop well.. its a trial n error test. JY in bf-ing.

finally, wearing maternity clothes to work, got to buy some more this weekend
happy.gif

starr_nn: i'll use S26, it's the oldest brand around.

morning mummies, just done my Oscar yesterday and is officially in 2nd trimester declared by gynae. baby have grown so much, so touch when i see baby moving around during Oscar... baby even somersault inside tummy in jus a few mins time, one moment head is on right next moment head on left side.

wenwen: I seldom take these couple of weeks, can't take the smell when burp. saw BB moved first time on Mon during OSCAR, still can't forget.
U still have MS feeling? My EDD a day after yours, dunno y today feel like throwing up
sad.gif

dym, my gyane also given me the huge pink pill + calcium tablet. I hate popping pills and keep forgetting to take.

Starr, dont standby formual first it will kill your motivation for BF and surrender to FM due to convinence sake. For my 1st I did not standby FM, as we attend those talk Sponsor will give out FM sample just use those if u have supply issue.

To share my experience for first time mummies, once you give birth the nurse will ask which brand of FM u want to give yr baby. For my case I gave in bec had 16hrs of labour when BB finally come out already no strength to BF baby and Nurse physco me say yr baby so big 3.9kg cannot go hunger during midnight better give them FM, I too tired to protest and gave in too. For the 2 nite stay in hospital BB is half BF &amp; FM feed.

I am glade that I had BF my son for full 10mths before he was sent to IFC.

Dym: do you feel unwell after taking it? i puked like ard an hr after taking it, also not feeling very well after taking.

Jo: i dunno why i can't seen to take it.. mayb today 1st day. i also dun like the smell when burp thou i puke after taking still some still inside my body so now i burp still got smell. ya i was so amazed when the sonographer told me baby did somersault.. hehe.. i will only feel puking when hungry &amp; when brushing teeth. other den that i'm feeling ok.

chinbbs, ya the sonographer also said that, she actually have problem measuring bb's nose cos bb keep moving. but lucky bb not asleep else i will have to spend more time there. i spend the whole morning doing Oscar + blood test + gynae appt from 9am and only end at 1pm. so tired.

wenwen - burp got smell? erm.. ur situation same as Jo ba. im ok with it. did ur gynae ask you to take fish oil oso?

Any mummies on fish oil? thinking of buying but i scared of the smell..

Dym, not yet gynae say will start me on fish oil on next visit which is 4 weeks later. now feeling super unwell after taking the pink pill.
sad.gif

wenwen - feedback to ur gynae next visit.. mayb u just get the normal folic acid from pharmacy and take 1st. 1st preg, i didnt take anything extra except this prenavit. this time round, dr ask me to take fish oil.. i wonder if i can skip this..

star, can go dumex, similac, s26, enfa....etc website request samples to try but most of them give out sample from 6mths onwards. Even for diapers n cereals online can get samples too.

Dym, i just called my gynae and ask the nurse to check for me. the nurse will get back to me later... didnt expect my body to react to this prenavit..

<font color="000080">Dym >> I must warn you, after I started taking the fish oil, every time I burp will have fishy smell. It's super disgusting.

Sigh, my OSCAR results no good... risk is 1 in 196, so have to go for amniocentesis. If I remember right, GG Lee you also have to go for that?</font>

wenwen: don't think on empty stomach or with milk. if i take, it's half way thru breakfast on days i'm feeling better. though so far never threw up before, MS feeling keep on coming to find me
tethysea: take care &amp; rest well after amniocentesis. result is NT scan + blood, how was NT scan within range? <3mm?

Dym, my nurse just told me sometimes some pple will have the vomity feel or even vomit but i still have to take, since now i still have folic acid i shall take alternate days folic n prenavit and monitor till next visit.. i wish i can skip fish oil too. very tired of burpping the disguesting smell.

Hi, i am new here and this is gonna b my #01. it's amazing to see such a long thread with all the experience being share
happy.gif
will b in my 13th wk tmr, and done the oscar scan last week too.. the prenavit i have been taking since i know i m pregnant at wk 5, my gynae ask me to take it tgt with the folic acid. still tinking shld i get the fish oil too as i dun really like to eat fish nowadays though it was my fav prior to pregnancy.

Jo, i never take on empty stomach or with milk, took it like 30mins after breakfast cos i almost forgot about it. i usually take folic acid on empty stomach and is ok for me. ya i do understand the joy after seeing precious. just like when i see bb ytd the hands and legs all formed and is moving so much i'm so happy. brings tears to my eyes.

For vaccinations, which are the must-take ones at birth?
I'm concerned about vaccinations for newborns/kids as i heard some not so good comments about children taking vaccinations ..

Hi dym, cant open the link in my office, guess it has been blocked and gonna do it back at home during weekend. Dont feel like switching on my pc after a long day at work.

I have been feeling v tired lately, and having headaches and feelin giddy. wonder if any of u have the same symptoms or just me only?

I'm on fish oil and prenatal vits, but my gynae say I can stop folic acid as the prenatal vits already contain folic acid.

For fish oil, I think I quite lucky, the one I'm taking don't have any over fishy taste and I don't burp out with the fish oil taste.

Hi new mummies
happy.gif

I'm taking fish oil &amp; when I burp the fish oil taste come out. It's very yucky!

For those mummies who don't like taking pills, can try those mummies milk powder... it's the same as taking tablets. I can't take those milk powder as I will get super constipated.

hl_milk: I'm having headaches everyday so you're not alone. Tiredness still ok... I feel 1st trimester is worse. Now at least I can sleep at my usual time &amp; not 9 or 10pm ;p

hl_milk20 - welcome &amp; congrats !!

dym - i'm taking fish oil since last mth end , so far still ok , dont have the fishy taste ..

Min, TwinHappiness,
fraternal twins usually don't need to have family history. It so happened that the woman releases 2 eggs that month and both got fertilised. Both hb and my family no history of twins. So those with no family history can still hope for twins.
happy.gif

chinbbs,
The 6-in-1 jabs are also compulsory, right? Too long ago, can't recall already.

starr_nn,
my kids only took those compulsory, anything extra we didn't take.

if not wrong, theres a jab called pneumococcal.. wanted to let my girl take but she keep falling sick.. drag until now. the younger u take this jab, the more jab baby will need..

Dym,
that's not compulsory, right? Or is it they made it compulsory now?
We've been thinking of giving that jab since they were 2YO and now almost 5 still not taken yet. Think can forget about it already. :p

BB - has been made compulsory in 2009. if not wrong, nb needs 3 jabs.. ours need 1 jab now.. can use medisave for this jab.. ur kids got take rota virus jab? i missed that when she is 6mos. hope its ok to skip.

Dym,
oh, so pneumococcal is compulsory now.
Nope, they didn't take rota virus too. That's a tablet, not jab, right?

I hate all these jabs.

BB - i forgotten rota virus tablet or rota virus jab. LOL.. this is not compulsory..
so one more jab to take for ur nb next year!

lol BB - last time 2, next year 1 only.. dun so scared la.. my girl only let out a short cry and she is ok. hope #2 oso same. hahaha..

Back