(2012/03) Mar 2012

Hi DYM i check liao

MA normal delivery : $2070 1bed $1390 2 bed

TMC normal delivery : $ 2318 1bed $1568 2bed

why say TMC is cheaper lei.... ????????

no if TMC cheaper i will go... but cause i stay there before as u need things they charges what u need de.... everythings u use got charges MA dont have so i take MA to play safe.... cause that time i stay TMC i see the bill i faint lor... even i need water also charge... this is what i hate... at MA when i need water they just refill for me without charges... TMC i need water they just pass me the mineral water but never tell me got charges de... so now i scare go to TMC liao... hee hee....

Initially I was also thinking Mt A or TMC. But after I chose the gynae, I don't have a choice as my gynae only delivers at TMC.

At my last visit at 12th week, before I left the room, gynae asked me if I have any preference for gender, since next appt at 16th she will try to scan for gender for me already. I said no preference and her reply was she felt it should be a girl... Emmm wonder if she saw something but didn't ask further... can't wait till next appt now.. hope baby's position will be good.

Michelle, i wanted to try TMC for this pregnancy but my gynae prefers Mt A coz Mt A has more parking lots. After seeing the cost & ur comments, i think i will still stick to Mt A!

Aiyoh my tummy still feel sore. Pressed so hard during OSCAR scan. Took 3 scans cos BB lying face down. in the end BB having hiccups. She press lagi harder & have to scan from side cos BB still not in best position.
Yupz be going Nov sale.
happy.gif

K@ye : not only parking food at MA is nice too... even the cafe also nice.... hee hee... not ex cheap also... my hubby prefer MA is cause the TMC cafe food is ex n very small bites... MA big n not so ex too..... so he say if i chose TMC he very troublesome need to go out all the way to pack in... if MA no need just downstair can eat liao......

At least u got gynea liao.... me still lazy find... maybe no need gynea then give birth at MA... haha cannot be right... hee hee...

Michelle, my gynae is e same as my #1. I like him so better to give birth b4 he retires soon coz he is e same gynea tt delivers my bro 20+ years ago.

rise and shine !! morning everyone

enjoyed the lantern fun yest night?

will be 16wks tml and so far morning sickness still didnt bear to leave me ..

but have been better den before , hopefully will be gone soon , cant stand the nausea feeling at all ..

Morning everyone! Morning daisy!

Did u all go carry lantern? Abit hazy right haha...and the air smelt bad..

wa so fast 16 weeks, i am just past 14 weeks only

Hi mummies, I'm coming to 13wks n ms still very bad. Last nite, I woke up at 4am n my head was spinning so badly... Not sure if it's due to the cup of Lipton tea I drank before bed. Anyone experience that before?

Wow, so many posts since i last logged in. Happy belated mid autumn festival everyone! For those with kids, hope you had a good time playing candles and lanterns with them.

Wintms, i'm also coming to 13 weeks and my ms is also very bad, don't feel like it's ever going to go away
sad.gif
And starting from last week, i've been feeling light headed and get headaches from time to time. Hope this is not going to last forever.

Morning! Welcome all the new MTBs!

Cannot tahan the haze, keep coughing at night, now on 2 days mc. :p

Dym, Daisy,
jio me along for baby fair leh. I also want go see see look look. hehe.

Maplemummy,
I'm one of those with the same EDD as you.
happy.gif
My eldest ones' birthdays are on 2nd Mar, I hope bb can come on that day instead. But doubt so if I'm going for c-sec.

daisy - no ley, didnt go, only had dinner with hubby and went home to watch tv haha..

by the way, anyone have dry chapped lips? now my lips are dry and always peeling. last time before pregnant, lips are dry and i apply lip balm then ok liao. now lip balm also no use, kept peeling...

is this another "friend" of pregnancy?

Hi mummies
Will you be keen on this romper set?
Brand new in box. its a very cute gift. comes with 3 piece romper, 3 piece wash cloth, 3 piece bibs
6025583.jpg

It retails at TMC retail shop for $59.90 I am letting go at very good discount. Pls email me at [email protected]

BB - I still tot how come u MIA Ytd.... Haha.. Rest well. I dun feel well staying outside for long.. Today dun look hazy like Ytd. Hope today will be good for u! Daisy and I will put up invitation when the day comes k. Hahahaha

Daisy,
if go I won't bring the kids, so noisy, cannot shop in peace. Leave them in ccc better, haha!

Dym,
oh, yesterday was on course. Mc for today and tomorrow. :p

HI BB,

Just to check with you. For your twins, do you buy separate cot for them or you buy a bigger one to accomodate them at the earlier stage? I need experience twin's mum to advice me.

Hi mummies,

I've 3 tins of Similac Mum to let go.

Similac Mum (700g)
Expiry Oct 2013
Selling at $20 (3 tins at $50)

Self collection at Eunos.

PM me if keen.

Thank you!!
happy.gif

TwinsHappiness,
for the inital 2-3mths, we put them in the same cot. It was till they could turn and "hit/kick" each other then we got another cot and separated them.

Better to separate them else they might wake each other up often.

momo: my edd is 6th march.

BB: yipee, u can't c on the same date as ur 1# one? my 1# is on 2 may, hope this one can come tat day or same as daddy birthday (edd).

Maplemummy,
think if planned c-sec, gynae might ask me to do it 1-2 wks earlier? Else if last min will end up as emergency c-sec.

Thank you BB. There are a lot of logistics I need to find out. In fact, I checked on those freelance CL, some even commented "Faint" when I ask them if they do confinement for twins. Looks like I need to find agency to engage a CL.

Hi Starr,

Me too lip always crack & peel on & off no matter how much water I have in take, even lip gloss is not working too..
sad.gif

Welcome all mummies!
happy.gif

Twin Mummies,
so lucky of you all to have twins.. My hubby still hoping for twins although 2 appointments already confirm is 1 baby.. Haha.. :p

Anyway, I just receive call from the gynae's nurse for my OSCAR done last Friday, very low risk (1:27,000) Thank god! Hope all mummies here get similar good news too!
happy.gif

Need help on the breast pump, I heard a lot of ppl telling me that Medela is good but its so expensive. I did not bf on my #1 so intend to do so this time but need more help & information on these & 1st thing will be on the breast pump. There are so many brand like avent, Medela & 1 more brand, what is the different between all these brand of breast pump?

Twinsmummy,
do you have a helper plus anyone else helping you out? I didn't have a confinement lady the other time for the same reason - couldn't find one that's willing to take care of twins. And some quoted double the price. We managed to survive with my helper and MIL.

Pinky,
I find Medela works better with the suction and stimulation. No doubt there are cheaper brands but if you intend to breastfeed for long, it's a good investment. Makes the journey easier and less painful.
happy.gif
There's another brand - Ameda which has good reviews too.

michelle, kkh govt hospital doesnt c to be cheaper compare to the 2 pte hospital
sad.gif
too bad cant switch got to stick with my gynae. u serious hv not find a gynae....thought last wk u went c ur gynae???

I just finished my appt. Blood test is not as scary la. Haha! Gynae says next appt den can see gender lo.

Michelle - I know y dr Ang reject mt a.. He actually still go mt a deliver but mt a will be doing major renovation n no assigned car park lot for doctors. So it will be v troublesome if any mummies need emergency attention in mt a that's y he reject mt a request. .

chinbbs - if KKH , u going for subsidized , cfm cheaper den pte hospital , some dont even have to pay but u will have long waiting hrs while appointment and random doctors everytime ..

dym - ah ! cannot scare u anymore liao ! lol so now u eng eng liao la? no nid go back work liao rite?

Hi BB,

Initially, my MIL wants to help out. And I am very thankful about it. But she say she can't stay with us 24/7. I wonder I am first-time mum, there are a lot of things I do not know. And how am I going to cope at night with my new helper alone? Although, I believe my hubby will wake up to help, as he's first-time dad. He needs to work the next day, I can't expect him to help every night too.

I do have concern that MIL is afterall not my mum, and I don't really dare to direct her do things whenever I want to.

As for my mum, she's having knee problems and she's helping my elder sister to take care of her 2 kids, age 4 and 9. On weekend, my younger sister will bring her 2 kids, age 1 and 6 over too. So, I don't really wanna tire my mum out further.

As for helper, we will be engaging one end of the year. Currently, my hubby and I enjoy "Er Ren Shi Jie", and we prefer to do our housework ourselves every weekend. Since pregnancy, he is the one doing most of the chores. I only do ironing. = )

When I think about my family is going to grow from 2 to 5 people in the household, I do have some concerns too haha.

Wah I 1 day never come here & the thread moves so fast! Welcome to the new mummies.

Michelle & Daisy: We can do swimming on Sat in Yishun if you 1
happy.gif
I damn lazy to exercise nowadays ;p

Wah all mummies say Mt A until so nice till I tempted leh. For my #1 I deliver in TMC. Experience quite good. Maybe I should go for hospital tour later at Mt A before deciding. But my gynae stays near to TMC so maybe he can come & deliver my bb faster if I deliver there? Hahaha...

Twinsmummy: My previous CL ok to do for twins (just extra $200 only!) but she has since retired. Sigh... so can't help you.

Talking about CL, I manage to secure 1 le. So happy!

BB: Agree with you that Medela is a good investment. I'm a Medela fan too
happy.gif
I relied on my breast pump the full 7 mths as my bb don't latch.

Maplemummy,
I just realised you are delivering at KKH too? We might see each other if we deliver near to the EDD.
happy.gif

Thanks Carol,

We are very shocked when my gynae told us that I'm having twins during my week 7+ scan. At one end, I'm very excited and happy that I got a pair of twins. On the other hand, I'm concern about the logistics, expenses, etc for having 2 + 1 (helper) more members in our family. But it's god's blessing, we should not gumble but thank him for the challenge ahead. We must be positive and everything will be smooth.

TwinsHappiness,
you will get used to it.
happy.gif
My household suddenly grew from 2 to 6 too, so crowded that time, haha!

My MIL only helped for my confinement so luckily the helper we enaged had got experience with babies else I wouldn't know how we could survive the 1st 2 years. Don't worry, I'm sure things will work out well for you too. God will make things work since he gave these 2 lil' bundles to you.
happy.gif

Zelda,
yes, yes, a good pump really makes breastfeeding alot easier. You got your CL thru agency?

chiny : ya hubby worry i alone go there so far with princess...... ask me whether got nearer de.... since DYM say dr ang prefer TMC.... then i really no choice liao lor.... har.... maybe now i know why previous gynea reject MA le ba....
har....

Zelda : coming sat what time u prefer.....

Back