(2012/03) Mar 2012

Hi anewmummy ya agree w bluesugar tat mayb urs is a gal so more gentle in her expressions, tats gd lol

Mine boy, cruising now.. He is pretty fast in his development, crawl at 5 mths, stand at 6mths. Now at 9+ mth cruising sideway. Tat also means earlier headache for me cos he start climbing bed zzz .. Teeth wise 2 upper 2 lower, another 2 lower seems to be coming out.

Hi Wanda , I am thinking of my gym and the little gym (think tats the name), yet to evaluate, have u? Thinking of sending my boy there to sweat it out since he so active

I have sent my boy to my little gym. Its around 40+ per session if you sign for the package. IMO, its a great place for the baby to roam around and the teacher would engage little activties (eg singing, blowing bubbles and etc) with the babies too. You can ask for the trial lesson, it will be slightly more expensive but once you sign on the package, i think they will refund you the difference.

Ysl, my boy also v v active, he also standing & walking around his bed.We lower down the cot to the lowest incase he topple over. But he only have 2 lower teeth, I googled they said usually if you take a lot of calcium when you are preggy bb will have teeth faster.Now I try to give him more milk hope tt will help :p I havnt evaluated the gym still looking ard.

Bluesugar,$40 is for how long? Do you need to be there? we can wait outside & c hw they teach?

Are you all planning any birthday celebration for your bb? Any interesting idea?

Hi Wanda the ironic thing is i was having lactose intolerance during my preg so i cant take milk, not even calcium pills.. i was worried abt his bones growth too but who knows..

yes planning to hold 1st bdae party .. diff to find suitable venue mann..finally managed to settle for one.. how big is ur crowd n which area u stay?

thanks bluesugar for sharing, did u sign up in the end? which outlet u went to? ur boy enjoyed himself?

Ysl after that did your boy drink a lot of milk? From born till now?

Me staying central.I booked chalet ya diff to find venue, only managed to settle on chalet this week.I have not really settle on who to invite most prob families, some close relatives & close friends.How abt yourself? Where's your venue? Now need to order cakes. Still havnt decide on the food,BBQ or buffet....any recommendations on cakes? Buffet?

Hi...any one experiencing a 'pulling' feeling around the lower abdomen? The feeling is like as if pregnant wif a big tummy and pelvic bones in pain bcos the uterus was pressing on the pelvic and need to wear the support belt...

This is how I been feeling recently but I am not pregnant...could it be the side effect of gog thru a c-sec or
drinking too much cold drinks?
It's been abt 10 mths after delivery....this is my 2nd pregnancy..din experience this feeling for my 1st pregnancy

Wanda, my boy dun really drink alot I feel as compared to other bbs but Cos I latch him so I can't really determine his total intake.. When I am off to work he drinks 150ml or slightly less. And abt 4-5 milk feeds in a day.

I am having mine at Singtel recreation club staff lounge, apparently open to public so I was thrilled when I found out. Cakes wise if u wan taste gd u will never go wrong w pine garden the down side is they only do fresh cream so limited design unless u provide ur own cake topper. It's at AMK u can go n take a look at their cakes design for kids . If u r gg for design n can compromise for normal flav like chocolate cake (which I am trying out this time ) u can look for this lady..my fren order from her before and say cake taste nice too.. n she does fondant cake... http://auntyyochana.blogspot.sg/search/label/Baby%20Shower?m=0
Catering wise I Reco kigi catering , a few of mine frens tried them out n their guests gave gd feedback but note tat they dun cater on Sunday. And their slot get full easily. Or chili padi catering , nonya food, gd feedback too . Tot of any theme le?

ysl, when i brought my son to my little gym..it was in december and they are already in their last few lessons. So i only signed up for 3 lessons. I have the intention to continue in Jan again. I do feel that my son enjoyed himself and after the gym, he's really very tired...which is good. Easier to fall asleep :D

i went to the one at marina square
happy.gif

yesterday i tried out hokey pokey at suntec city. its a nice place too, full of toys. But i think its more like older kids. My boy is still learning to crawl well, so sometimes he can get in the way of other kids.

i will be putting my boy to infant care at 1 year old and will transit to CC in the same school. The school i have choose is learning vision at novena there. How about you?

I tot of sending him at 18 mths ..still contemplating btw short classes or cc .. my mil is helping me to take care of him but I hope he can attend sch to learn things then rotting at home .. On the other hand I tot of mayb sending him for short classes daily instead but logistic not easy.

I have not really check out the Schs (I know I need to start n b on waiting list for popular ones) in my list is also learning vision , carp diem, hope to send him to a Christian based pre sch but doubt there is any in north area.

not trying to be kiasu but i do think you need to start put yourself on the waiting list now. My ex colleague sent her kids to carp diem and she mentioned before its a good school
happy.gif

Thanks bluesugar .. Hey brought my boy to my gym at marine parade on sat.. It's q fun but not cheap hor the cost for an hr lesson.. I didn't sign up just pay for trial cos intend to try the little gym etc out see first ..

I brought my boy to my gym at tampines! got a 3 classes free trial from a friend. boy, not he tired ah, its mummy tired! hahaa.

hahah Eliz u just went too? how u find it? there is one they suppose to hold on to 2 rings and swing i tot tat look tough for them? his face was red mann.. i quickly say stop ( mum heart pain lol).. but got him to try a second time after tat ..

ysl
Just went on sat. Wa, sounds tough.. we didn't do that..
Instead, we had one that was sit on the ladder, hold on and they swing side to side..
My boy loves the swing and bubbles. haha.

Hey mummies ... I am weaning off my boy from Bm after he turns 1.. Thinking of which milk powder to switch to .. I find tat my boy tend to have phlegm easily so wonder which brand reduces tat? He has similac added to his cereal once a day though but I heard similac is thicker n heaty.. Any sugg ?

Hi mummies how many tooth does yr babies have now? Mine have 4 on the bottom n 1 on top...these few days she keep fussing before sleep and woke up crying a few times at night...

Hi mummies,

I'm doing personalized kit kat @ $1.20, mini mentos @ $0.80 and M&M tube @ $2.80
interested to view some pics can msg me at 98251515

Hi

I have few tins of Friso Gold Step 2 (old packaging)to let go as my child has outgrown.
Expiry date: May 2014.
$55 per tin.
Can arrange for delivery.
Let me know asap. PM.

Thanks

Mummies, i have NAN HA Step 2 400g to let go cheap at $12. Expiry date in July 2013. Self collect at Geylang weekends or Pasir Panjang, Jurong, Alexandra, Vivo weekdays.

PM me if keen

Hi mummies! Haven't been chatting here for quite a while.

My girl currently has 4 teeth, not sure if more coming as she recently started drooling again but stopped aft 1-2 days.

I'll be doing 1yo bash for my girl on 9 Mar, hv already made all the necessary bookings, now just sending reminders to the pp I've booked for their svc & exchanging contacts, been quite ks as I started hunting ard since Sep last yr, haha...

For those looking for cc, if u intend to let your child attends all the way to kindy, you may wish to check out this website - http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/preschool/spark/, which you can find a list of spark certified pre-schs at http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/preschool/spark/files/listing-of-spark-certified-schools.pdf. It serves as a reference, schs not in the list doesn't mean tt they r no gd, but at least schs in the list bother to get themselves certified, which I personally find it good since there's some form of reviewing their curriculum & other areas during the certification, impt for kindy children to be ready for p1.

Hi my boy has 5 teeth at this moment and can see another 3 coming out so has been drooling alot recently ..

Yeah time flies they r gonna b 1 yr old In march ;).. Did u all have any photo shoot for ur kid? We took it w studioplay when he was 10 mths

Thanks bunnybluey for the helpful info !

hi march moms
I am due later this year and am looking for good reliable massage lady. I had one last time with my #1 but it turned out she was a quack and had been conning a lot of mummies when she was not a qualified massage lady. I was hoping march moms have tried massage and can recommend someone good & reliable to me so I don't get conned again
sad.gif
anyone has any contact pls pm? thanks so much ...

wow this thread is very quiet..all moms must be busy running after their kids now. Just wondering if there are any mar moms who are still bfing and when and how you plan on weaning. I was hoping to start weaning bf bb turned 1 but she refused bottle in jan so bb is back at the boobies. Now i'm hoping i can fully wean by 18mts.

Have all bbs gone for their mmr? Mine was to have done it 2wks back but due to slight fever, postponed to next mth. Am thinking whether to just do a single jab for measles only leaving out the mumps and rubella. Were there any concerns for anyone regarding this jab and the supposed autism link? (though it seems debunked now)

Hi Lynn ..,glad u post.. Me too hope to wean my 1 yr old off after our trip.. I am pretty concern how to do it successfully .. He is bottled feed when I am at work but when I am back home n wkends is fully latch on.. I tried to give him bottle when he is abt 8 mths during the night feed but he cried big time.. So I didn't try after tat.. Think gonna b a battle and we have to b firm if we really wan to wean fhem off.. (The tot of it is heart breaking enough).. I am aiming at 1 yr so tat I can regulate my cycle to plan for no 2.

Hi ysl, i spoke to her pd regarding weaning and she said the best way to do it is cold turkey and have someone do the bottle feeds for a few days. Mommy has to disappear completely during milk times. Prob for me is I am sahm and sole caretaker so there's no one else to help bottle feed her if she is willing to even suck from the bottle at all. Previous attempts ended up with me getting angry and frustrated after trying to force teat in for over an hr and wasting all the ebm. Sleep feeding didnt work either. After 2 wks of this, i gave up and latched her solely. We too had thought about hatching no.2 this year but chances now seem very remote as I haven't even got a cycle to regulate! I'm training her to drink from straw, so hopefully i can transition her straight to drinking from cup instead of bottle. Fingers crossed

Lynn *sayang* I can feel the helplessness.. I am also toying the idea of training him to drink from cup straight.. But my mil tend to feed him milk before sleep so u get wat I mean shiok shiok sleep.. Not a right way I know but sometimes when u r not sole caregiver u got to close one eye. So I am also wondering if it will work for me.. Wat straw u r trying on him? Normal wans or those cups tat comes w it? I give him munchkin straw bottle for his plain water.. Which milk powder u intend to give? I heard abt giving fresh milk instead but haven't find out more

Hi YSL
She's using the straw that comes in a bottle. Some days she drinks water from it just fine,other times it goes all over her top. So until she stops playing with it so often, then I shall try other liquids that do not need so much cleaning up. I intend to try Enfa as I've heard quite good reviews of it, otherwise Similac as i've got a few sample tins of both brands. Third choice would be Nan simply because there were a few occasions when milk ss dropped drastically and i supplemented her with that brand (also sample) and she didnt have any major rxn to it. This brand doesnt seem as popular hence my hesitation with buying it. Next time i see pd i will ask abt fresh milk but i think the grandparents and the hub unit will freak as it isn't traditionally given to kids this young here?

Hi all mummies- can anyone share on how u celebrate your child 1st bday like
Venue
Caterer
Cakes
Deco
Thanks
Totally clueless 1st time mummy here my baby turning one years in 3weeks time
Thanks

I'm a SAHM too and still bfing my baby girl. Don't intend to wean her anytime soon...let her self wean. My elder girl self wean when she was 30 mths old.

Anyone using baby carrier and what carrier r u using? Currently I'm using Combi Magical Compact Carrier(used since elder girl) but it doesn't have support on the hips so baby's weight is actually on my shoulder. Thinking of getting another one but don't want to spend too much on one since baby's is already 13 months old.

Hi Betsy,

You can go to http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/
I bought my beco butterfly II when I had #1.. Still using for #2. One of my best buys. Recommended quite a number of my friends to get carriers there. (no commission for me! hahaha) Customer service is good!
happy.gif
Can try a lot of designs/brands..

U can try with baby at the showroom! Best if hubby can go down too, then u all can decide one that u both feel comfortable in. Just remember to bring bb down when he/she is fully fed, not sleepy. Went down with #1 once.. she was cranky and sleepy, wasn't cooperative while trying.

Hope it helps!
happy.gif

Hi Unravel, I did not go to the store to try coz too troublesome. I just bought the BobaAir from Agapes Babies. So far so good. Very compact carrier coz no padding at all.

Hi edj, I'm a SAHM too and my baby girl born on Mar 05, but I stay in Bedok.

I am working part part in the morning, rest of the time taking care if my son also born in march 12. I stay in Jurong west.
happy.gif

hi mummies.. i am looking for a preschool for my son when he turns 18 months, any recommendations? north or east area i am fine..

Back