(2012/02) Feb 2012

Morning everyone! Sweetcorn: u are so right abt the timing of waking up. I Slept at 11pm, woke up at 3am for toilet break n went back to sleep. But 6am woke up again cause hungry, ate, went back to sleep n now woke up again. Seem routine now. think everybody's an early bird now.

Chewie, you can choose not to print baby face on box but on cards, for option to put photo cards in box, then relative can keep the photo card.

Meiji_cracker- you can google their Facebook page b order online or call them for Jellyhearts

Meifen, thanks for the link! The candies are really cute, think kids will love them.

Sweet corn- google for pastry kitchen facebook page. They make really pretty cupcakes the angmo party style. My friend ordered for her son's 1year old birthday bash n it was a hit with both adults n kids.
happy.gif

For my #1, i bought fenugreek from GNC when i had low milk supply. It really helps to boost milk supply. But your body will smell of fenugreek as well... can be quite overwhelming..
i stopped taking after a week cos i found my supply stable after that...

Someone told me to drink raspberry tea for relaxation and it will help with delivery.. i did try last time but my labour was still long - 14hrs...

Jen, yup, I meant the cards... I think colleagues etc won't keep my baby's photo anyway

sweetcorn, can share the URL?
happy.gif

What is considered low and what is normal milk supply? Within 1 week 60 ml each side = ?

how does fenugreek smell like? or make us smell like?

I oso dont like some organic oils, which have smells that puts off ...

i got this sacred tea samples supposedly for boosting milk supply too..smell of tea leaves in tea bag...not sure will work or not, intend to drink it after delivery in hospital.

Thanks sweetcorn! I love cupcakes!! They are so pretty, but so much more expensive! So each person gets 2 cupcakes or what? Or get 1 stand for baby full month...

Soul daddy, firstly congrats! Ehh.. I dunno, just anyhow come up with a number. Say 1st week 15 ml each side, is that low? Cos everyone keep saying high, low supply but I dunno what amount that refers to

Hi Mummies !!

Im going to deliver edd in 8/2/12. And have tried Fenugreek for #1 to increase milk supply. However, i dislike the smell and used abt half the bottle before giving the other half away to mummy here who wants to try.

Im going to get the "Chlorophyll Powder" which aids in milk supply too. Im trying this out as i have heard a number of positive feedback on this product & also it does help in other health properties.

Example:

By taking chlorophyll into our bodies, we elevate the integrity of haemoglobin in our blood and that translates into improved energy, circulation and oxygenation.

Chlorophyll contains vitamin, mineral and protein compounds and stands alone in its ability to stimulate the body on a cellular level.

Not only does chlorophyll increase heart function and aid the vascular system, intestines, uterus, and lungs, it also acts as a chelator of heavy metals and chemical toxins (grabs on to these molecules and carries them out of the body).

and many more benefits...

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/chlorophyll.htm

If you will like to share order with me, pls PM or email me [email protected]

Its selling at $37 / bottle.

you can order by placing a 50% deposit and full payment upon collection / delivery.

6581146.jpg

Sweetcorn: wow you r fast leh! Already got few cupcakes contacts. You got sacred tea samples? Where can we get them to try? The online spree is selling for $35 per pack n scared if I can't take, will go to waste.

Hi everyone...

All of u woke up so early on a saturday...!! I also cannot sleep well, only slept 3 plus hrs last nite, tossed and turned then got to wake up early for gynae checkup, cos I booked first slot at 8.30am... Yawn...

I put on 700g in 2 weeks, and bb put on 400g. So bb is at 2.4kg at 34 weeks, now I getting a bit scared of bb being too big at birth...

I bot cot and bedding from baby kingdom too, cos I need a smaller size cot, and they have it. Bedding wise, not the luxurious kind, and mine has a stale smell when I took them out from the plastic covers, so need to air and sun them...

Thanks for all the first month gift ideas, will check them out...

Chewie, thanks! Firstly everyone different. Can be no milk also.. Impt is to express or breast feed ASAP if not worry will engorge. Must keep massaging.. Initially pain also must endure... After week plus SoulMummy still only about 30ml to 50ml a pump.. Try to get rest in between if can nap, nap.. That helps quite abit. Drink plenty of fluids i guess, that's what all the mummy says.

I just tried the full range of cupcakes from http://myfatlady.sg/. Super nice! The "cream" that is on top really complements the cake below rather than the usual cream. The peanut butter is out of the world and the chocolate is really sinful sinful rich chocolate, the red velvet is aso very unique. All the taste is really very authentic not like some that is just flavoring. Ai yoh, craving for them now..

Jen, thanx for sharing abt Tmc.. So wierd, my friend who was there just a few mOnths ago say dunno have longan tea le.. Didn't ask for it..

Btw, cupcakes how to give Ang moh style? Really 2 each ah? And need to put in fridge le..

Aiyo icyclaw! Haaa im also hungry just by reading the diff flavours in yr msg...

I intend to send it to office, let them take on their own.

Some cupcakes can be boxed up in pairs too. One of the link i pasted above have such service n cost $0.50 only each box.

Btw CNY ard the corner! Wats yr favourite cny goodies??
I love pineapple tarts!!! Now can eat right? Not too much of coz ! I wan my baby to like the tarts too. Heehee. I oso love crispy egg rolls!! Yumms!!

Jen, i bought some breastmilk storage bags from this lady and she throws in few samples of the tea for me. Its called Mallaguay tea or somethg like tat. It smells like normal tea but not sure how the taste is. I giv u link later when im at my home desk. K?

hey mommies,

is there a chart somewhere where we can refer to for feeding needs of our baby?

eg. new born needs how much ml of milk?
1 -2 mths old need how much?

is it measured by baby weight?

Sweetcorn, thanx! Forward me later.

Icyckaw: I think on admissiOn when the nurse interviewed me, she did ask me wat I would like for drinks of choice. Whether I mind warm water in flash or milo Or red Date tea, so I told her I prefer red date tea other than breakfast or supper which I prefer milo. Maybe, the nurse forgot to note down for your friend.
Your description of the cup cake made me crave for the cupcakes too!
happy.gif

Would love some advice please -

1) What should we use to clean newborn baby's mouth? Do we need to buy those expensive oral wipes, which are about $17 per box of 25, or will gauze do?

2) Is it worth it to go to Kiddy Palace to buy baby items, or are prices similar to Isetan?

Thanks.
happy.gif

Beemummy, think newborn dun really need to clean inside mouth yet, esp if bf. If take fm, can give v small teaspoon water after feed to 'cleanse' mouth. When bb a couple months old then can use handkerchief of oral wipes to clean. I prefer handkerchief. Some oral wipes very flavoured.

kiddy palace not much discounts going on. Robinson now having sales, quite worth.

Bee mummy: isetan on and off having 15% to 20% off medela/pigeon/avent products etc.. I guess it's worth a look to go isetan first unless certain things kiddy palace don't have.

yeah beemummy, i went for the childbirth education course and they say newborn no need to clean mouth.

Most imptly must clean the cord that is still on newborn's tummy. use sterilized cotton ball to clean cos it can be easily infected.

also need to clean eyes when bathing newborn.

Dear all,

I went to satisfy my craving just now, but think they are busy with CNY.

Only left with cookies & cream and sticky date... sad... but not nice... so disappointed.....

So mummies, dun need to crave too much... except maybe the peanut butter, chocolate & red velvet... ;p

sweetcorn: $0.50per box!? so cheap... where? nice? the myfatlady per pc around $3...

I love pineapple tarts too! Was scared cannot eat and my mum say cooked ones can... so humtam liao... so far ok... wahahah finished a small tub already... Got any recommendation, the pastry super buttery and the pineapple not too sweet wan?

Jen: think depends on luck.. i am by default unlucky wan... so cannot play play... wahahha..

Sweetcorn, bbs under the age of 4 months need approximately 150ml of milk per kg of body weight during each 24 hrs period. Eg, if bb is 3kg, on 6 feeds a day, you shld multiply 3kg by 150ml = 450ml. Divided by 6 feeds = 75 ml per feed.

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to interrupt... I had just given birth in dec and has a extra Nipple cream to let go.

Selling Brand new Medela Purelan 100 Nipple Cream 39ml (big Tube)
Exp : 2013
Bought at $19.30 Selling at $17

Collection can be done at Farrer Park Mrt. Do Pm if interested. Thanks

Meiji_Crackers - I have been using my whitening range as per normal and didn't bother to check too coz was thinking since its not taken orally should be ok ba. During my 1st trim before i knew i was preggies i even had a few pints of beer. After i knew was so worried lo even until nw, but like wat rocco & sweetcorn say no point worrying since nothing can be done. We just try to think positively k
happy.gif

Icyclaw - My gf gave birth in TMC last yr. Red date tea is provided. She commented tt the food n soup is really delicious but not the food provided for companion. TMC charges $75 or $95 (cannot rememember exact amt) for companion staying in single bedder.

Full month celebration
Thanks for all the info on what to give away during bb's full mth. Actually its better to decide now since we will all be so busy and tired once bb is out
happy.gif

meiji crackers: yup i am already planning dguest list liao
happy.gif
for 60 pax dunno want to split to 2 sessions or 1 for d bb shower... kiasu hor.

Soul, is it? For standard items eg avent, pigeon is standard listed retail prices so is good deal when they have 20% off. And some items additional 10% off for members. For cots and prams type I buy from bb kingdom instead:p

Hi Icyclaw, $0.50 for the packaging of the box. not the cupcake price. its cheap!
hahahaa Icyclaw, you very hiong ah!! chiong pineapple tarts alraedy! you made me hungry for it, later i go NTUC get the glory brand...hahahaha

Oic, thanks Hazel for the tip!

yeah Happytomato, i checked some of the cupcakes website, they are already fully booked until 29Feb! scary!! so our baby full month is in March mah, so better hurry up decide liao!

i think Catering also not bad idea...Neo Garden is good...so far standard same and yummy!

Thanks for the advice.
happy.gif
BTW, any hints/suggestions for the confinement period post birth? I am having a c-section (due to complications), and wondering what I should prepare to get through the 30 days. Unfortunately we don't have family in Singapore so won't have the benefit of advice from them.

Thanks.
happy.gif

Sorry beemummy, correction: clean eyes use normal cotton balls can liao. no need sterilised ones.

sterillised ones only used on the umblical cord on baby until it drops off.

Ellos! How's everyone been? Busy planning bb shower? Heh. Just visited gynae on fri. Bb 34wks @ 2.2kg. She gained 500g after 3 continuous days whacking of durians. LOL! Btw anyone can advise on price of durians nowadays? The uncle tried to charge me $100 for 3 pkts of Mao Shan Wang!?! Is tat normal?

@tmc confinement food/drinks
I dun rem drinking any red dates drink during my stay in sep 09 also leh. But mebbe now have? Or I just suay? Keke. But I must say the papaya fish soup is gd!! Really enjoyed it. My CL can't cook it half as gd. I had to swallow wat she made =.=". Spouse meal not worth the money according to hubby. Dun bother unless really lazy to get out of the hospital. Better off going across the road kopitiam to ta bao.

@milk supply and feeding needs
I tink as long as u have enough milk to cover bb's daily needs or more den u more or less have gd supply(with the exception of the first few days http://www.babycenter.in/baby/breastfeeding/firstfewdays/). Dun stress if dun have though. It takes more time for some(like me, u're it alone!) than others =). Take hazel's calculation. For 3kg bb x 150ml = 450ml milk bb needs for 24 hrs. If can pump at least 450ml for the day den gd enough. Of cos the more the merrier =). Also regarding the bb's needs per feed is depending on how often ur bb feeds. It's gd if ur bb onli feeds 6 times a day but really depends on ur bb. Mine had bad reflux so if overfeed will regurgitate. Supposedly she's got a smaller tummy. I feed abt 9-12 times a day so per feed I give 450ml divide by 9 = 50ml-70ml and see how much she takes. Formula milk goes in multiples of 30ml so everytime I make abt 60ml. BM if i can afford it I'll offer 70ml. If not I'll try to give at least 60ml.

@cleaning bb's mouth
I use sterile gauze with cool boiled water to wipe bb's tongue(taught by my parentcraft class). No nid expensive wipes. IMO brushing onli need to start when bb's teeth erupt(my bb's tooth cut at 4.5 mths) or start on solids. Otherwise I tink just wiping is gd. If really wan can occasionally give abit water to rinse. I dun do it cos my mil like to give bb water when she hiccups so I tink she has enough rinsing already.

icy: according to new school of tot, cool boiled water is sufficient. Alcohol may cause dryness and irritation. Haha standards keep changing one. I also nv used alcohol lah, just make sure it's cleaned regularly lor...

If staying tmc, they do give u sterile alcohol wipes for umbilica cord. Recall last round they gave a lot, but my CL complain is v dry not moist enuf to wipe. Dome hospitals give cord spirit instead.

No need special stuff to clean umbilical cord, KKH said used boiled water to clean. After that air it n keep it dry will do. All these sterilised cotton on wipes contain alcohol/spirit n some bbs are allergic to alcohol/spirit.

NB can take 1-2 teaspoon of boiled water.. Even mrs Wong said so. As to washing of nb's mouth, mrs Wong is not against it also, use hankerchief n only wash the mouth using one quick stroke. My mum dd that for all her grandchildren n children. No issue to that.

Back