(2012/02) Feb 2012

opps: I totally understand how you feel! i always talk to my hubby in the middle of the night and you will groggily reply me. haha, then nxt morning he will ask me wat did i talk to him about!

actually cant really blame them, they are also tired from their work, etc...

Rocco, but its very unfair. When they are in pain (backache, stomachache, headache, or bodyache etc) we find medicine for them and show concern to them. But when we in pain, they jus ignored.

We also tired from our work.

Tats y now I ignore too. But he will say y I nvr show concern. I told him he himself nvr show me, then he say cos I nvr show him so he also do the same. FAINT!!!

Hello everyone! So happy-just been to gynae and baby's head is facing down now! Thanks to all of you's advice on the all four's exercises! So happy, bb has been listening to me talk and guaiguai turned! So relief now, I can look forward to natural birth liao.
happy.gif
My baby's 2.3kg at 35weeks, gynae said its a good weight but time to control so baby don grow too big but I like big baby leh.

Jus shouted in front of so many ppl at the long john sliver. Super lousy service that trigger my emotions again.

They make me queue for 10mins to order and more than 30mins for my meal (take away) to come. My lunch hr is aldy almost over so hav to rush back office. Once I reach office, I realised no colestraw. I can't walk to back again cos my lunch is over and preggy very difficult to walk up and down the stairs. I called them up so many time and finally someone ans. She jus keep saying "hello hello" and hang up on me. Call again no one ans. I'm so angry that I rush down (during office hr) and shouted at that counter lady. She jus gave me the colestraw and ignored me. So become I'm the only one shouting there.

Make me super angry leh. How to lodge a complain on them ah. Cannot find their QSM on website.

Hope it won't trigger further pain on my tummy.

Rocco, yes should continue with the vits esp if bfing.

Tomato, I asked gynae also how to tell fake vs real. She says braxton is not painful one, and should go away in less than 1 min, although may come back again. But if the contractions become like less than 10 mins apart, i.e every 10mins or less your tummy tightens hard hard and resting doesn't help, and is painful, call your gynae. My gynae say she will usually advise mummy to go clinic/hospital already.

Last night, I feel tummy tightens till very hard for the first time, scary, luckily it became better after I lay on my side on bed, could be Braxton. Now I also a bit worried that I couldn't tell the difference between Braxton and the real thing....

Jen, good that your bb turned, yeah.....

Opps, if can help it, dun get too upset....When are u stopping work? Maybe that will help, when u feel less tired and stressed....

GHK, I'm working till 3 days before my EDD. If still not pop yet I will take leave to rest at home. Hav to save leave cos I will hav to take care of my 2 kids on my own.

Hope no more sad issues happening in my life so that I can live on peacefully.

Ghk, your tummy tightening is whole tummy or ? My lower abdomen also tighten up for a few seconds n then soften... Braxton hicks loh...

Opps, try to calm down and not get too upset. Think of your baby
happy.gif

I'm also having stomach tightening, if not painful should be ok.. Baby practicing only :p

Rocco, GG Lee - Thanks for the info
happy.gif
Hopefully i will be able to distinguish when the real thing comes.. not blur like sotong hee.

Vits, Fish Oil
Rocco - Heard tt its better to continue as bb will benefit from it thru consumption of ur breastmilk.

Epidural
After this morning experience of stomach pains.. i told myself i will definately go for epidural. Really admire our mummies and ladies tt can do it naturally! I was thinking if this amt of pain i already cannot take it... what abt the real thing!!!

Hazel and NC - oooo kk thanks! =)

Rocco - ya my bb is one of those who latch till refuse bottle. I latched till when she was 10 mths cos couldn't tahan the crazy crying whenever she sees the bottle. LOL anyways best to cont with multi vits or at least fish oil. If not the lactating mothers milk will b gd. =)

Jen - grats!!! My last gynae visit bb was horizontal. My tummy feels lower. Hope is cos she turned. Heh.

Oops - just do wateva u tink happie. I tink now most impt is to stay happie. Dun let other things bother u. =)

Hi,

WTS: 2 tins of NAN HA Milk Powder @$37 each. Original price $42.50 each. Expiry date: 4 Jul 2013. Self-collection at Kovan MRT.

WTS: 6 bottles of Obimin @$18 each. Original price $28 each. Expiry date: 11 Jan 2013. Self Collection at Kovan MRT.

Pls call 96568688 to deal.

Hi mummies, my edd is in early feb but will be doing elective c-section end jan..

Not sure which group I belong??

But would like advise on which cord blood bank you guys used, why and whether you know of any ongoing promo?

Tks!

Not banking bb's cord blood after seeking gynae's view. Cost versus benefits, Returns r better buying insurance for bb.

Icyclaw, whichever gp you feel can click better, just join the chat lah! U r always welcome here! Our 1st baby of the gp has arrived a week ago so u r not alone.
happy.gif

There's a free seminar talk organized by cord life & TMC at intercontinental hotel this sat if u r interested to know more about cord blood banking. Personally, I am thinking of donating my bb's cord blood instead for good will. :D

Xia, go down on all 4s everyday, I did so every night of abt 10mins n i talk to baby telling her where head should be by pressing my lower abd. It sure does work, try talking to your baby lah!

icyclaw, I'm donating my cord blood. Very glad to make the right choice as jus heard from the cordblood consultant that my #1's cordblood was not successfully donated cos not enough cell count. She also say 50% of the cordblood will fail the cell count test. Tats very high chance. Imaging if I have stored and touchwood when we wan to use then know its low in cell count. Or we pay so much and the test result says can't store due to low cell count. tat will be a waste of money. Jus to share my experience.

Jen: congrats on bb turning! u contacted SCCB abt the donation yet?
Opps: looks like u have gone thru quite a few emotional outburst recently leh... Maybe not enough rest? Can talk to gynae and get some hl? Think u really need rest leh...

Any mummy applying ML soon? I'm v tempted to apply since now v tired already, tummy so huge and keep having the disgusting taste in my mouth like 1st trimester. But then also wanna hold on as far as I can so can spend more time with bb....

hi mummies, i am currently in a dilemma. My mil wants me to bank in cord blood. But then, i feel is quite expensive and not sure if it is really necessary. Any advice?
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I'm a silent reader of this thread.. I was diagonised with GD at 32weeks with reading of 8.9 but yet to visit gynae. Could any mummies shed some light on the severity of this reading and will baby come out much earlier due to GD? What do I have to take note of meanwhile?

Actually I thought I didn't gain a lot of weight <10kg and baby was of average size at last visit. I've normal meals with occasional (~twice a week) non-gassy drinks, no supper too.

Would greatly appreciate any advice to allay my worries...

Thanks a lot.

icyclaw and shan: I also had a dilemma with the cord blood thingy, in the end I signed up for it, it works out to be $300 every year for 21 years. $1 per day. I signed up with Cordlife. Service quite good, they just delivered a $50 taka voucher and a romper to me last week (as promised). I chose Cordlife because TMC's FBI scheme got discount for 1st year, also my friend encouraged, cos StemCord every 5 years, price may change.

Upon collection of cord blood, they will do lab tests, and if cell count too low, they will not store. You may sign up first, if last min change your mind, minimum charge $100 for the admin charges.

Due to cost, hubby and I have decided we will just bank 1st baby's one.

Rocco, what if the cordblood gets containminated during collection? will they compensate us, or will they continue to charge? Do i need to inform my gynae of the arrangement?

sorry to bombard u with so much questions..

Hey mummies! i went for my 34weeks check yesterday and bb is abt 2kg. Been feeling the strain on my back and its super irritating. it comes n goes without warning. when it comes, no position can relieve it =(

btw..i gotten my admission letter but not registration for hospital wards yet. cos i wanted Mt A but gynae got lotsa deliveries in Jan and Feb. If got lotsa Jan mummies who haven't deliver by end Jan, there would be backlog and she wouldn't be able to cope with running 2 different hospitals at one time. 2 scenarios if i go into labour before registration is done, (1) emergency walk-in to any of the hospital - which i think would be more ex and availability of beds might be a problem, (2)my gynae would not be there in time to deliver if i eventually choose Mt A. sigh...my next appt is after CNY and in my 36+ weeks. hopefully bb tahan much longer to give me time to make the decision. I got a feeling my gynae only wants to deliver in TMC....

oh ya. i decided to donate the cord blood than banking in. just a personal choice

Rocco, my gynae told us once bb reaches 30kg, ie, abt 8 yrs old, the cord blood is not enough for the bb already. The cord bank called me n asked if I m interested. I decline n told her wat my gynae shared with us. She didnt rebut.. Hehe

Shan: i think there is a letter i have to pass to gynae, i have to take a look at the parcel they send me.

hazel: i called cordblood before and asked about this before. what the lady says is, for an adult or child about 8 years old, may need 2 sets of cord blood. to take from the common bank to find a match is about $20,000 per set. so thats about $40,000. so when a person already has one set, you only need to search for one more set. somewhere along the lines...

NC: Next week i am 37 weeks, i m clearning 8 days AL, then 1 week ML before my EDD. haha very sianz of working liao, cos stressful, rather stay at home and relax. also baby getting bigger, cant sleep properly quite xinku also... Tmr is my last day, got ORD mode liao. Haha.

Rocco, ic ic... I didn't know that... Btw, r u still gaining weight? My weight the past 1 wk nv increase... N I m 34+w now..

I am also donating my bb's cord blood for the following reasons:
A. It will be bb's first gd deed
B. in the event that bb really needs it, his cord blood may not be suitable as certain blood related diseases are genetic
C. The cord blood can only use up to a certain age (like what Rocco has mentioned)

I am also taking leave from next onwards.. Where I will be week 37.. Attempted to get HL from gynae but it was unsuccessful..

It's so difficult to fall asleep at night.. I will either wake up a few times to visit the toilet or due to pelvic pains ;(

Hello all,

I'm taking annual leave a week before my Edd, and then only start ML after delivery. Was counting the 112days, really not long enough to spend time with my precious. How I envy my friend i n Australia and Europe where they get 6 months ML.

Rocco-Jaiyou, Jiayou!

NC-I have not contacted anyone yet leh, cause HB kept forgetting. Is there any due date for cord blood donation?

teoong: hee yeah lor, till date i gained 3kg. its all bb's weight. but i always eat 3 meals a day, and i drink maternal milk every morning, not sure why also...

Ng: i feel so bad, last 2 days i was on MC. hee nursing a bad bad cough.
The gp scare me and say cough too much will trigger contractions, until i had no choice but to eat the cough syrup. today much better already back to work, to clear my work before i go on leave!

@Jen, they will arrange a meet up with you to understand you, ur husband and ur parents medical history before confirm whether to accept the donation. so its better to inform earlier and meet up. think they will pass u some forms to sign also.

the lady that contacted me also told me abt the cord blood collection procedure. it will take abt 3-4mins after u deliver and it will be from your end of the cord after its cut away. this will be conducted by ur gynae. prior to that, they will need to take abt 3 tablespoon of blood from u, which they will send for overseas testing, so as to ensure the blood can be donated.

Xia: SoulMummy say level 3 painful.. Currently now. Better every pump got around 20-40ml but not enough for little darling..

Tulip: SoulMummy also have GD. Basically take smaller meals. Need to keep it below 8 is the best. But different hospital or doctor different guidelines. Fish soup la is ok.. And best is convert to brown rice and also whole meal bread with cheese slice for breakfast.

Check with your doctor the best.

You can rent those glucose meter also to test yourself

Jen - keke thanks! Will try tat. Tml my gynae visit. Hopefully she turned cos her kicks like feel weird again. Like as if she still able to move freely and turn out of position again. LOL!

Shan - if cord blood contaminated, they will inform u. No compensation from them plus u nid to pay abt $700/800 plus admin charge(1 time). Me and My fren signed up with cordlife and hers was contaminated. cordlife told her abt 5% cord blood cases is like tat. Cannot blame anyone. I forgot wat they charge for. Tink mebbe the bags and stuff they use to contain the cordblood and stuff ba. If mil ask u kip den ask her pay? Hahha my mil is paying for my #1's cord blood banking =p oh and cordlife will give u a collection kit with ur name and stuff. U can casually bring it up to gynae but if I'm not wrong dunnid. Just bring the box when u delivering and pass to hospital staff. They'll know wat to do. U can remind gynae just b4 u deliver if u wan?

Soul - reach pain den reduce 1 level is the rite way. Soulmummy handling it well! =) 20-40ml v gd le. Slowly will increase de. Mine initially also like tat. Bb drink alternate fm and bm. Bo bian. btw if u wan try increasing supply can ask her pump extra 5 mins per side per pump session. I tink it helps but can onli see the effects like 2-3 days later. Cos nid to "trick" body into producing more milk. Rem kip her well hydrated ya! jia yous!!! =)

Anyone start changing new notes for cny le ma? Read from a thread must go b4 11am if not will out of stock. Issit true?

thanks Roco..

maybe i can consider donating..can help baby do good deed like what mummy Ng (rilakgal) say..

huh mummy xia, must pay even if they containminate the cord blood? This is soooo unfair..

Cord Blood:
I also sign doc to donate my 3rd bb cord blood.

I did try to donate my 2nd bb cord blood but not successful, as the volume is not enough. In my birth plan, I've request for delay in clamping of cord. I've read up and it's gd to wait till the pulsing stop before clamping, as the cord blood can flow back to newborn bb which is high in iron count.

So when doc delay in clamping, the pulsing stop and the flow also slow down, thus the collection of cord blood volume is low.

Jen,
I'm also going to donate my bb cord blood. My hb is busy and keep forgetting to call. I leave all these things to him de. haha..

Tulip, I am also diagnose with mild GD, like what souldaddy said, have to switch all your whites to browns.. like white rice to brown rice, white bread to wholemeal bread.. 3 meals a day, if hungry then snack inbtwn but the dietician guide for me is 2hr gap frm last meal. For me, its no fruits juice as bb is considered big.. have to control carbos and sugar in take. Did you gynae refer you to the doctors for GD?

Souldaddy, ask your wifey to drink hot milo or holicks or red dates before each pump and ensure to massage her breast. It does helps with the milkflow to slowly increase. Like Xia mentioned, start with level 1 then slowly increase the level when she can take it.. Dont over do it with high level, will b very painful. remember to pump every 3hrly also.

Hi Teoong and Souldaddy,

Thanks so much for your reply. Gynae told me to take OGTT because I failed the urine test at the clinic. Honestly I felt a little upset by the news (more restrictions). The self test at home is usually done for how many days or all the way till delivery? How many times must I prick my finger per day?

Thanks a lot...

Hazel - ur dad so sweet!!! I can imagine the queue already. So dun feel like going to change... Haiis but No one at home going change. Sianz. I nid do myself. Banks should have a priority queue for preggies! Muahahhaha =x

Shan - ya it's like a suay suay if u are part of the 5% thingy. It's not they contaminate I tink. My gynae explain to me b4 but I forgot =x tink it's got something to do with when u deliver the bb the time. Not v sure though.

Tulip - dun b upset. It's temporary rite? And 7 wks more max! U can pull through it! jia you!!! =)

Back