(2012/02) Feb 2012

Khim, gynae dun operate 24x7. Wat if is off office hrs, PHs or weekends? How many wks were u then for no 1? Can share your most recent bb's weight for no2? Thanks.

she ask me to go labour ward if after her operating hours. btw, my delivery hospital will be TMC.

i was about 38 weeks when i delivered my #1.

at 31 wks, my bb is abt 1.5kg, which my gynae say is a healthy weight.
fyi, i only gain at most 5kg till now whereas for my #1, i gain a total of 16kg.

Khim, I m a KKH patient but I will deliver in tmc as my gynae will be there fr 3 jan.. I went to tmc hospital tour a few wks bk, was told to register at first floor with admission letter if goes into labour.. So fir no. 1, u already has an admission letter? Still need to register at first floor before going o labour ward right? I m more familiar with KKH process...

I hv gained 13kg so far.. My bb was 1.2 kg at 28 wks..... now dunno...

Hazel, I put on 12kg so far and bb was 1.3kg at 28 weeks. Hav to weight till 5 Jan for the growth scan to knw the upd weight. I'm in doubt of my gynea's est weight. Very worried abt it too cos my case my bb cannot be bigger than #1 if I wan VBAC. If she est like my sis-in law's case, 2.9kg at 39 wk and come out 3.4kg at 40wks, will hav to pray hard my c-sect wound won't tear open cos bb bigger than #1.

Who is your KKH gynea? My previous gynea also left KKH in Aug 11.

Jascmy, dr loh seong feei. Actually, y dun u stick to c section? To hv a cut at abdomen n now another down there, no joke leh...

Hi mummies, we are all counting down ya, most of us are about 7-8 weeks away!

So far I put on about 9kg in all. BB was 1.5 at 28wks, waiting for next visit to see latest bb weight. Ya, doc estimation is agar one la, the machine measure base on the bb abdomen, so is really agar. Some come out smaller, some come out bigger!

I wan to hav the feeling of bb deliver the natural way. I can see my bb immediately, carry him in my arms and even start bf immediately. All this cannot be done for c-sect. And I don feel motherly at all for c-sect. Still thinking bb really aldy out after the c-sect. And the process of c-sect is scary and very painful recovery process. I also wan to start eat more tonics immediately and also start massage soon to lost the weight and tummy. Also hope my hubby hav the chance to witness natural birth so that he can love me more.

But I still keep my mind open, cos if there is any complications, I will still have to go under the knife. My chance of c-sect again is higher then everyone.

hazel, yes, i got the admission letter from my clinic at 35-36wks for my #1. believe your gynae will give you one soon. always carry the admission letter with you as you never know when you will be admitted.

If you are in labour pain, u can go labour ward first while your husband register for you. for my case, i'm admitting to induce for #1 so we did the registration together.

re: bb weight
yah, it's just an estimated, plus minus 300g. my #1 was estimated to be 3.3kg, in the end come out only 3kg... as long as not underweight bb, good enough liao.

Hello everyone-had your lunch?
Hazel-Don worry too much, I'm sure this time will be shunshun.
happy.gif
I put on 14kg so far and BB is 1.8kg at 32weeks. I got the admission letter from clinic too from last visit. The nurse told us if any thing , just bring letter and appt book to A&E.

hazel, i will get mine during the next visit which is on 6 Jan. so dun worry ya...

anyone did the glucose challenge? how long before you all get the test result?

I'm also at TMC, hope tha I will get the admission letter on my next visit on 31 dec, at least settle one item in my mind.

Baby was 1.3kg at 28 weeks, and I gained 6 kg so far since pregnant. Can't wait to know his weight at 32 weeks. Cos my appetite not good recently. Eat a bit, feel so bloated already.

Recently, I realized that baby will always start moving when I eat something, even biscuits or bread. Me and hubby think that he will be a greedy baby next time....haha...

Also, sometimes, when I feel parts of his body jutting out, dun know it's arms or legs, i will rub it to tease him, quite fun...

GHK, my baby is like yours.. he's always moving when Im eating and he simply loves to push his hands and legs against my tummy. I will play tickle with him
happy.gif

I put on about 11.5kg since and baby is 2.3kg at 31 weeks. Doctor tells me he's a big baby :D

Still haven pack my hospital bag and start washing baby clothes yet.. but think have to push myself to do it soon. Been feeling super breathless easily nowadays and cannot sit or lie down for long. Previously was not able to sleep lying down but now I can!! :D

Hi Mummies! I'm new to this thread! EDD 9 Feb! And it's my 2nd baby!

Just wondering has anyone sign up for cord blood banking already? What are the charges and promos available currently? I took up cordlife previously and am looking at stemcord for the 2nd one. Trying to pack my hospital bag and realise I have not signed up for bb2! No kit to bring to the hospital!! :p

Hi Mummies, I would like to share this piece of info on maternity shots by a good photographer.

He is currently having a soft launch promo which is going at just S$250. It includes a 2hr shoot, about 10-15 images edited and returned in low res JPG and 3 prints. More optional upgrades to the packages are available for customisations. Edits and prints go thru olor enhancements and touchups, prints are done with premium print makers. Website: http://www.3littlepics.com/. Contact: Tey Yong How +65 9793 2031. Can preview his profile on FB
happy.gif

from week 28 to week 32 i gained 1 kg but bb gained 600g
happy.gif
. i think dr will caution us if there is a need to worry. just eat healthily! festive season dun overindulge in turkey, cakes n cookies!
happy.gif

just receive my glucose test result. result is borderline. gonna refrain from taking high sugar and oily food. there goes my xmas and cny goodies. =(

Just saw my dr. I gained 1kg in 3 wks n bb gained 500g! She is 1.7kg at 31+wks!! Gynae is gd. Pressed my tummy n told me bb weight is gd before he scanned. He gave me mc till 5 jan where I see him again. He said he will do ctg for me at 33w then to check every thing is fine. He told me he will closely monitor me coz of my prior sad incident. Feel so relieved now..

Congrats to all who just got a progress update from gynae! Lately with so much festive eating, hope weight gain still ok! Just had durian after dinner:p

GG, I dun hv any cravings. I eat coz I m hungry.. So as long as the food keeps me full, I m contended.. N usu has to be carbo.. So, those sweet stuff, Dun attract me...

Just now, I told my gynae how breathless I can get.. Even when I talked to him, I was panting.. He said my heart may not be able to take labour pain... The way he described it very scary... He said if so, emergency c section...

Serene, I pant until I sit down, lie down also feel uncomfortable.. Like not enough air... No position makes me feel better.. My chest feels so tight until like cannot take it... I fold away clothes I also pant.. I hv been lying in bed for last 30 mins.. Still feel tight at the chest... My gynae said, during contractions, my heart needs to pump even more blood n will add even more strain to my heart...

After food, I feel unwell coz uterus pressing on my lungs.. Sit also cannot, lie down also cannot.. Like gasping for air...

I asked my gynae coz I shared that with my family dr n he told me must tell my gynae coz is more burden to my heart when m pregnant. If I m breathless excessively, there is a likelihood that my heart cannot take it...

Rocco, do u hv swelling? Anyway, if really water retention, drink more water (2-3 Litres a day) to flush it out.. As that is the solution though it may sound weird.

Morning all, I had 2 buffet straight in the last 2 days. And yesterday really can't resist the temptation of durian pudding. First time I had durian for this pregnancy. Hope bb won't suddenly shot up his weight bcos of tat. For my previous pregnancy, hubby keep feeding me durian in 3rd tri cos bb a bit small and it works for me. #1 came out 3.3kg. So tis time I don dare to touch durian. But yesterday.... haiz...

I also feel breathless very easily. Esp now my bad flu and cough is back again. Worst! Sleep half way will wake up with nose block. I think my cough and flu is also a part of my pregnancy symptoms. Will only recover after I deliver.

jascmy, these days, i can sleep half way & wake up in middle of the night staring into the space.. cant sleep... and hubs up at 7plus to go to work, i also wake up!

Hi All,

Just pass my gynae my birth plan for him to review and everything is OK. I did it when i deliver my 2nd bb. Everything goes as my birth plan even though my original gynae is on holiday and another gynae step in to help deliver. I think sometime it's help because you have a little idea what you expect. I just attach to share.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
My Birth plan_sample
Sample Birth Plan_2012.doc (51.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

For mummies that dun intend to bank in cord blood, can consider donate it to Singapore Cord Blood Bank. I've arrange to meet up the coordinator next month to sign some papers. I also did it for my 2nd bb but after delay in clamping, the collection volume is too low to be bank. So the donation banking didn't continue. This time i'll try again. You may go to their official website to find out more information.

Hazel, y suddently wake up to stare at space. Try to relax and don think too much. After bb born confirmed no need to sleep liao.

Purelyz, maybe I shld also prepare one birth plan for my gynea. Urs is good. :

Wan to faint from my bad cough and flu liao. Jus went to KKH to buy the cough syrup that my gynea given me but they can't sell it to me. They wan prescriptions. Haiz... have to see GP. When can I recover from cough and flu?? I hate it!

Jascmy, actually I also dunno if coz bb wakes me up with her movements coz she wun keep moving continuously one.. Since awake, I will go toilet... Then try to sleep again.. N I will usu feel her move...

I used to be able to sleep alot.. Now, during the day, I can't sleep though I m v tired.. So I get v irritated... Maybe coz of the body discomfort... I also dunno...

Hazel, I can understand. I can't sleep in the day time too. Very tired but can't sleep. But I can fall asleep in office. Maybe I shld take leave to sleep in office. Hahaa...
I'm dying now. Cough and flu!!! Argh.....! Worst, really can't sleep at all with this two horrible sickness.

Hazel, ppl told me sleep is the best tonic and medicine for my illness. But how to sleep like that hor. Even without illness, I will be keep waking up to toilet. How to have a gd sleep tonic? SO I fully understand your situation.

Jascmy, is tougher for u coz u hv another kid... But me, I agitated orvtired I can just lie in bed n not do anything,, though I can't sleep.. But for u, tough.. haiz.. Not easy to be a mummy n FTWM.. Come to think abt it, how our mommies can cope last time with a few kids of close age gap?? Are women of today more fragile?!

Hazel, I think we are more fragile now cos of the stress. Last time our mum no need to work, worry abt our sch results and we are more guai or blur etc. Now even SAHM are very stress with all the competitions and the smart and active children. Taking care of the kids nowadays are not easy as last time.

Hazel, ya, better tell your gynae if breathless, although I think a little is normal, esp if we walk fast.

On bladder, so far thankfully has been ok. Need to wake only once to pee so can still sleep. Keep fingers crossed stay that way!

Jascmy, yes I saw those friends who r SAHM, their days r packed with looking after the kid, read to them, teach them, send them to play group, etc etc... Really tough!! Maybe best is to remain single?!?! Hahaha. :p

Mommies who hv given birth in tmc, will the hospital give a can of FM at point of discharge? We need to standby a can right in case BM not enough?

Hazel, I know we can request for the a few glass bottle FM from the nurse when we discharge. This apply for all the hospitals.

So good that TMC will give a can. KKH patients have to buy our own tin. The nurse will not give so many glass bottle FM for us so difinally hav to buy 1 small tin to stand by.

Advance Merry Christmas to all mummies!

Hazel, you can request for those instant FM before you are discharge from the hospital. I requested for more when I was discharged. I don't thk they give can one though, as least that was like 1.5yrs ago. maybe you can chk with the hospital.

I do standby a 400g of FM just in case not enough BM. At least don't have to rush to a supermarket to buy at the last min.

Enjoy the long weekend ya! =)

Hazel, I dun recall TMC give any tins of FM. They will only give a few ready to drink FM (liquid form). And depends on heng suay, some stingy nurse will only give u 2 bottles (imagine yakult size), enough for a few feeds only, more to supplement bf for 1st few days. They strongly encourage breastfeeding, so they dun give tins of FM.

Mommies, there r so many brands of FM in the market. First time mummy like me, wun know what brand is gd. So, I thought if hospital will give a tin or some samples, at least I can continue to use the same brand...

GG, yakukt size enough to supplement BM first few days? Bb drinks so little ah?

Hazel, yup, even if u registered with the FM companies and request for samples, all will tell u they encourage bf, so will only give u sample (1 tin) when ur bb is 6mths.

I knw now KKH uses S26. I don like it cos ppl telling me its too heaty. I think I will use the same brand as my #1, Similac. Unless Friso wiling to give me 1 sample tin then I will use it (last time they give even they say they encourage bf I think now they totally stop liao).

1st time mummies, you all can start register yourself in the varies FM brand website to be prepared to get samples tins of FM from 6mths onwards.

Back