(2012/02) Feb 2012

Linda: "Every woman can breastfeed just that they want to or not. It's Alot of hardworking and not easy in the beginning.." = Wat about those mummies who have health conditions/concerns? It is also recommended by gynaes that mummies who c-sect tried not to breastfeed... But indeed, it is also harder for working mummies esp...

bf not easy...my friend totally pump nothing..and she give it up...

and in my ex-ofc, those mummies very hardcore...got timetable to go pump milk..then everytime in the toilet we can heard the pumping sound...

Pinkz> go get powdered goat milk if u like powdered or best is fresh goat milk can get from hay dairies or u can drink farmhouse or pura for cow milk brand.

Princess> that is nonsense because csec can still breastfeed! Just that have to use football hold and limited positions due to the wound.

Jocelyn> need to stimulate.. And diligent about a hr pump once.. And keep latching baby..

Linda: what u mention are referring to all healthy mummies... have u met any mummies who can't do all these due to health concerns? have you met mummies who have restrictions and went through alot jus to get preggy and smooth delivery?

Princess> if u say cancer or what then yes I believe but if u saying someone who has csec and is healthy as u said csec can't bf.then those are myth. Unless they have to take med that is not suited for bfing or serious health condition then of course.

But other than that milk can be stimulated and every other person can bf.. I just briefly read thru cause I'm still doing hw..

Hais so much to do

Linda, norma, circumstances, it is both benefical to the mummies and babies for BF... but I do understand from my cuz that it is also good to mix both BF and milk powder... I think nearing to the date, I have to check more on this too...

Random rant. I wish I work in a gynae clinic so I can sneak into the room and do a scan whenever doctor goes to the loo.

*daydream*

Princess> obviously ur cousin is those old thinking either u want fully formula feed or u total bf, because by mixing you will affect your milk supply and ur child might even stop drinking ur milk and have nipple confusion.

Btw I'm studying to be a bf counsellor so if anyone want helps in bfing can find me

Linda, thanks for the advise... I wil consider switching to normal milk instead since my appetite is ok and been eating well actually... Wah, u do hw since morning ah....

Planet, tats funny... I wish I work at gynae clinic too... So can get discount... Haha

Princess> why risk ur milk supply? That advice is totally a no no.. And if u follow that I bet u will sure say milk supply not enough cause #1 i listento a mum of four kids and had such problem till I threw away all the bottles then I manage to fully bf but the road is super tough..

And formula are chemicals and cow milk.. No offense to anyone ar, u know cow milk is meant for what babies? So why are we feeding our child formula when we can bf them?

And formula cannot be in any replacement for bm. These formula are the minimum survival for infants. These were created for this purpose and till now it's no way in match for breastmilk not even close

Linda: I am not saying that I am not gonna to bf my baby if i can, but we can't deny that breastmilk does lack of certain ingredients that is benefical for baby too... So I might consider mixing both... but unsure at which month will I be doing that though at the moment...

Linda: Onz. If I have bf problems I will come find u. Heh.

Princess: Dont worry doc said the crampy feeling is perfectly normal. As long as its in short bursts and not prolonged. Re: BF, if we can, we should always fully BF our child. Mummies milk is extremely nutritious.. in ways we cannot imagine. not even the most expensive milk powder with fortified this and fortified that can match. So we shld try not to feed the baby with half good stuff mix with half artificial stuff if we can.

Pinkz: Ya hor, how come i didnt tink of the discount. lol. Very xiong leh, every visit 100+. T_T

Princess> I think you got the wrong info!! There is nothing missing inside the breastmilk that is beneficial for the babies . In fact formula is trying to mimic th bm!! May I check who is giving u all these wrong info sorry I'm kinda shocked..

any mummies has seen baby heartbeat at 6.5 weeks yet? am thinking of bring forward my gynae visit... the "unknown" status is killing me... yet am worried if i can't see bb heartbeat.. sigh

Nana> I avoid ghost show I sometimes can see so I don't want see Liao Kanna scare start to imagine and be even more sensitive..

Action pack ok la

Linda: Info from my friends and relatives... they used to breastfeed their first 2 children, but change to mixture of both breastmilk and formula milk at their 3rd child etc... realise that 3rd child is smarter etc... Checked with my family GP, she told me that breastfeeding is good to build baby's immune system but then formula milk consists of ingredients that are rather good for brain development for babies... that's why I am considering to mix both... Kiasu I know...

adak: I think shld be able to "see" through the scan...
happy.gif

Haha... what about transformers etc? Can we watch?

Julandria: u mean those roller coasters? I dun think so?

hi adak, i know how u feel.. but if i were u i would wait abit more. 6 wks by right shld be able to see. but if u happened to ovulate late, bb might not be 6 wks old, then u have to waste money to go back two weeks later and rescan. not to mention the two weeks waiting time will doubly kill u! =) when is your gynae appt?

Julan> what were u thinking!! Lol roller coaster those cannot lah.. Those tea cup one maybe..

Princess> I'm sorry I have to say those are myths. The formula is not even "have more dha to be more clever" clever or not depends on the kids

And the longer u bf the more clever the kid will be cause lead to higher iq. This is no longer a issue of kiasu or not.. U wen thoroughly brainwash!

Please talk to a lactation consultant to learn more about bf and bm. And most dr in sg are not breastfeed friendly

Adak>Bo Bian la wait will kill but make sure at least more or less can confirm and yes heartbeat some can be seen at 6.5weeks

Planet, I know abt discount coz hubby fren work in gynae clinic and when she preggie got good discount... So nice....

planet & Linda: my apt is on 2 Jul. By then I should be 7 going on 8 weeks. Now is 6 weeks, so if i bring forward to this sat, will be 6 wks going on to 7 wks...

Jingle> sort of yes. When u deliver eat sashimi or salmon guarantee ur milk at night will be Alot.. Me and my fren had such bad enforcement after unknowingly eat salmon for me is sashimi I didn't know boost milk so I had a pumpfull night lol

Adak> should be ok cause I went when I was going 7weeks in a day if I nv remember wrong and baby has heartbeat will be 8weeks tml..

Replied previously but wonder why, can't post the msg...
sad.gif

But i am leaving the options open as for now... like what Geyser says, it is still too early at this stage to make any decision too...
happy.gif

For me, bf will come first. Only when really no choice eg supply not enough then will consider milk powder. As what i know, babies who are bf, their immune system are much much better and healtier.

Linda Ho - I drank maternity milk from 2nd tri 2 cups a day everyday but ok leh, baby only 3.07kg and i gained 11.5
happy.gif

but i'm a big breastfeeding advocate! still doing it, 19 months on!!
happy.gif
only add formula to baby's cereal recently cuz i latch exclusively. i agree most drs in sg not bm friendly. WHY?? self interest!! they're more interested in giving more free formula samples n they can get more freebies! i also find formula way overhyped. i give my son some powdered milk (full cream kind) to make his food. the formula i have are all free. i wun buy, crazy price n to me, totally overrated!

Planet - thanks for the reassurance. i guess seeing=believing. hard to feel pregnant with no symptoms except feel a bit tired n sian to eat anything

Pinkz - can also drink fresh milk/fresh soya milk warm. jus heat up a bit?
happy.gif
ystd i heat up my soya milk and added sesame glutinous rice balls like mr bean
happy.gif

feelingblessedprincess - regarding bm "lacking" nutrients that formula has?? not true at all. formula may appear to have higher iron, higer DHA and what not, but the nutrients in bm are absorbed at close to 100% levels, while not those in formula. that's why they have to pump in so much nutrients into formula. i read that when u latch ur baby, the baby's saliva sends signals to breast what nutrients r lacking in the baby, so the breast manufactures it accordingly. nature is amazing, if we let it do its work.
happy.gif
baby may be smarter not from effects of formula but also environment and also genetically? as we know, DHA is baby's brain building blocks and the DHA in bm is irreplaceable.

i rmbr a few times people asked me what my son drank. he walked somewhat earlier at 11.5months and they asked me "WAAH. What milk is he taking?" when i tell them breastmilk, they all shy shy look away.. haha

Linda: eat sashimi and salmon AFTER delivery to produce more milk? what abt during pregnancy, what's good to eat to ensure gd supply of milk after delivery?

Jocelyn: yes, cannot eat sashimi during pregnant.

Back