(2012/01) Jan 2012

alicia
yes i also heard. some companies they will consider MC before commencing ML as part of the ML. As what jkids mentioned, unless there is a gap, if its continuous then they will start counting as part of ML le.

jkids: i squeeze lemon juice to the metal plate then wipe off. But since u didn't use for so long, maybe vinegar will be a better way. I think can turn on the steriliser if u use vinegar method. Must chk the manual.

liquidskye
mine is slightly better..mine is on the 2nd floor. i really dread climbing up the stairs..and some ple is really inconsiderate de lei...let me climb up or down first mar..some of them tend to walk so close behind me as if pushing me along the way -.-

jingles & liquidskye: waa i think i am super unhealthy..i swear off all stairs unless no lift lol. i live on the 3rd floor and i insist on taking the lift up and down daily haha! hubby thinks i am being lazy but he dunno how hard and tiring it is lor! i get tired very easily nowadays too..walk abit more need to sit down for awhile liao lol.

jkids: i hope my temp comes in soon too. if not both of us will be screwed cos he only has 2 months to pick up everything lol. hmm i think it depends on companies regarding the MC thing. usually gov boards will do that..if take MC 1 month within your EDD they will regard it as ML even if you take only 2 days MC. my friend's gynae gave her a 3 weeks MC before her EDD and she started her ML right away after that..no problems leh. lucky her. i hope my co. can be like that too hahaha.

but then again, gynae may not give me MC if everything is alright. and i will NEVER want to pretend to be unwell just to get MCs..like cursing myself =p haha.

alicia
kekekeke dont blame urself for being unhealthy. if i can, i also wan to be :p here there is no lift, tats why no choice got to climb up and down. Same here, ytd we went to Kino, after waiting for 10 mins and no where to sit down, I am actually v grouchy and tired le....stomach getting heavier. For me, i wont bother wat hub think lo....i jst feel tired and need a place to sit and rest :p

oh soooo... heavy rain. sky is v v also!

I'm staying with my in-laws and they live on 2nd floor. The block is still pending for lift upgrading. I can't imagine I've to walk down that flight of stairs when I'm about to deliver!

adeline
if about to deliver, exercise is good ah. ple say will ease labour
happy.gif

jingles: I mean the time when I'm heading out of the house to the hospital for delivery. Haha. Like maybe after water bag burst? I'm worried I'll be in so much pain until I can't walk down the stairs and hubby may not be home that time wor

adeline
thru wat i heard from other mommies...the pain will not come so immediately. after water pain burst, many still tell me can bath and pack bag, pain will come gradually and later.....

Hi I have a US set of Medela Freestyle which i have only started using since 2 weeks ago.

Some pump accesorries are still intact in the plastic wrappers.

Selling for $398. (Previously bought from overseas spree at $458 inclusive of delivery and shipping charges)

Pm me for pictures and if you are interested.
In excellent condition as this was just opened and used.
You may arrange with me to view and test the pump at my place if interested.

jingles: Ohhh i see.. Okok.. Then I don't have to worry too much. Hehe.. Most of my friends opt for c-sect. So no one can relate the experience of natural birth to me..

adeline
it may be a good thing :p
cos u know why natural birth seems to hav more horror tales than c-sect...so hear less also good la :p

when to see gynea today.. at wk 30 my little boy is 1.7kg!!!.. Dr ask me if i am eating alot..but no ley.. i didnt eat alot..i gain like 1kg since my last visit..so meaning out of the 1 kg.. 700g goes to baby.. hubby very happy that baby is growing well..haa but i scare he is growing too well until difficult to have natural birth!!

will be moving back to my mum's place for confinment..easier for her lah..she needs to take care of my nephew too. now the problem is my original room is slowly becoming a storeroom after i got married.haa need to clear up before i can move back..

i have someone who is doing sth similar as me, and he's more old bird then me, so sld be able to cover cos everythg i keep him in the loop. if not my boss will do, cos i just posted to this department 3 wks ago. so im quite heng in a way, but when im back frm ML, sure got alot of shit to clear one. not thinking abt that now.

jingles: haha hubby says i must move more if not no exercise is not good. i know he means well la but then i am just too lazy and tired!! hahaha. and same same..if i am tired and i don't get to sit down immediately i will be super grouchy too lol!

adeline: hehe don't worry yah..like what jingles says, the pain won't come immediately. my friend who was dilated at 2cm during the checkup, did not give birth until 10+ hours later. the husband said he was so excited at first, then got bored and so sleepy from all the waiting and was snoring when the doctor suddenly came in and told him "your wife is going to give birth NOW" haha. and i have also heard that 1st-time mummies usually go through longer labours!

poseidon_gal: whao you are 30 weeks already! so fast!
happy.gif
they say baby will go through a growth spurt during the last tri..so this should be normal i guess! so long as your doctor says everything is fine means it's all good!
happy.gif

i can't wait for my next checkup to see baby and check on his progress hee!

poseidon gal:
that's fast! you can count down liao...bb can come out bet 37-40 weeks. we are all running d last lap.

Alicia: Wah.. Long labour ar.. I don't want leh.. I juz wanna faster get it over and done with it and faster hold my baby in my arms. Hehe.. Your friend's husband cute lah.. Haha

hi mummies! had a busy day today..

any mummies already inform your boss abt your AL/ML plans? my boss din ask so i also yet to say anything..

poseidon, woh 1.7kg! congrats!
happy.gif
my gynae says bb will experience growth spurt in 3rd tri & expects my boy to hit 2+kg by 32 wks.. don't worry so much.. natural birth or c-sect, as long as baby healthy & growing well can liao rite?

adeline, my gynae says will take abt 7-8hrs to dilate from 1-2cm to 10cm.. 1st timer might be even longer?? sigh.. i also wan chop chop leh.. wondering shld go for elective c-sect instead anot.. can choose good date somemore.. hahah..

yah... 30 wk liao.. coz my EDD is very beginning of Jan..counting down liao..
I didnt really tell my boss abt my ML plan but i told my team members that most prob i will take 3.5 mths..soo hee this news will slowly spread to my boss's ears bah.. dont know how early i want to start my ML...havent decide yet

Hi Poseidon gal

I plan go work till I deliver since I'm doing only desk bound admin job only though it still can be stressful.grateful that there's already a temp here to cover me.. Don 't wanna waste my ML , I rather save my ML to company my newborn then resting at home..
happy.gif

Any mummies here goes for pre natal yoga/pilates?? Care to share the experience? I intend go sign up but worry that I might overstrain myself n hurt the foetus. I'm suffering from bad backache! I guess I didn't rest well during my confinement for My first girl

Hi Mummies

Good morning!!!

Yesterday was my gynae appt.

Everything was great, i am currently 27weeks and 4days, hence my #1 weigh 1kg and i am currently 62.5kg...omg...

But my bb now her head went on top, so have to monitor...if this scenario persists, cannot go for natural birth le... So sad
sad.gif

Anyway, does any mummy here know where i could buy playpen mattress and bedsheet??

Thanks.

michele
morning
happy.gif

hey...i tot even though its ontop the bb will still move lei....cos bb will still have room till maybe 8th month? did your gynae warn you may have to go through c?

you can buy playpen mattress and bedsheet in most of the bb stalls like mothercare or kiddy palace
happy.gif

michele,
Baby still can turn head down. My colleague's baby was breeched. Suddenly turn down at 9months. Now able to go for natural delivery, waiting for her time to go deliver.

emmeline,
Best check with your gynae if ok to go for yoga/pilates. Cos most would advise that it's ok if you have been doing it consistently. Third trimester is not the best time to start on a new exercise regime.

Jac,
My boss never discussed ML plans with me. There's a couple of people in my group and we work pretty closely, so my work can be easily passed on to them. I guess my boss isn't that worried. From my previous ML, I guess my boss' default is I'll take 3.5months ML. I won't bear to come back any earlier and I'll leave some ML for rainy days.

Morning Mummies!

Jac: 7-8hrs is long lo. Faint.. Let's all hope we all can have a chop chop delivery! Hehe

Michele: I agree with jingles that baby will still keep moving now and change position. So don't worry too much 1st ya
happy.gif

Michele: I'm almost 29 weeks. Went to see doc yesterday also and baby also in the same position as urs. My doc never say anything abt cannot go for natural birth leh.

Dun worry, u can't confirm the position of the baby until the last stage of pregnancy. Anyway, be it natural or csec, as long baby is healthy and safe. ;-)

jac:
yes i tok to my boss a few times about my ML and the temp who needs to cover the duty. so settled for now
happy.gif
peace of mind.

adeline:
for 1st birth, 10 hrs is not considered long wow...

anyone whose placenta is slow and bb always kick only the area below your belly button? i find it harder to look at bb's movement coz its way below my bellybutton and i cannot really see due to the big tummy. but gynae told me i could likely go for natural birth, which is a gd news for me!

jkids: just wipe the base will do..but it probably will not make clean away all the rust..just dat its cleaner..

emmeline, i've been doing pre-natal yoga since start of 2nd tri.. but now feel so heavy & get tired/breathless easily.. stomach so big, having difficulties bending forward too.. will be stopping after my class ends at 32+ weeks.. personally dun recommend that u start class now unless u've been exercising regularly ba.. coz class usually consists of ppl in various stage of their pregnancy.. u may find it harder to follow now that u r in 3rd tri liao.. maybe u can try doing some yoga poses at home (the cat-cow pose is highly recommended for relief of backaches) -> http://yoga.about.com/od/prenatalyogaposes/Recommended_Poses_for_Prenatal_Yoga.htm .. or u can try prenatal massage too.. take care!

michele, bb's position is only final at abt 36 wks.. so no worries la.. still got time for baby to turn.. and dun sad la.. natural or c-sect, what's impt is baby safe & healthy rite?

jkids, the contraction pain is for the full 10hrs ah?? scary leh.........

jac
thanks for sharing
happy.gif

now then i know the physio stance i am doing now is call cat/cow and cobbler's pose. Another benefit of doing the cat/cow is that it will be able to relief the ache u feel at your spine area.

For cobbler's pose, you do it everyday mar? heard suppose to do it everyday so that can help to have easier birth lei.

jingles>> no ley..i only got my cot..no cupboard..just one toyogo 4 tier drawer in my mum's place..going back to mum's place for confinment so need to tidy up my previous room which after 2 yrs has effectively become a storeroom..i think i need to get more toyogo boxes..no intention to buy cupboard at this stage yet..
u got all ur stuff ready liao?

i heard... generally, it's around an hour per cm of dialation. So average is 10hours or so.

Finally it's friday!!! Yay!!!

poseidon
not yet. vital stuff like cot, cupboard and bbseat yet to buy. but i guess will get them in nov le. how much is one toyogo drawer, may need to get it for my CL to put in her clothes
happy.gif

will also start packing my bag in small phases, afraid tat dec will get really crowded with xmas shoppers, so nov is actually the last dash for me
happy.gif

Thanks Jac! will try to do this more often. I heard there's another exercise (can't really call it an exercise)to strength your uterus to prevent urine leaking during / post pregnancy, which happens to me during my first pregnancy.

Squeeze your butt, as if you are holding your urine, for 10 sec. Practice this as many times as you can.

jingles, we do alot of cobbler/butterfly pose at class.. suppose to help open up the hips area.. but at home, i usually play with my fitball instead.. juz sit on the ball & roll ard, do some hip rotation, etc.. lazy to get on the floor.. hahah..

emmeline, yep yep.. it's call kegels exercise.. suppose to do it daily, but i only do it as & when i remember.. i also gained 12kg liao.. sigh.......... hard to control my craving for desserts..

jingle:
30 hrs like going thro marathan.

jac:
actually i am not sure when will the full contraction in :p my 1st lab was very short though, less than 3 hrs. my waterbag was burst but i couldnt feel the contraction for hrs, then gynae induced me with higher dosage each time till my pain came in suddenly. it started with small pain like cramp, then towards the 3rd hr then the very painful part came in. but if u use epidural rite fr the start then u wouldnt feel so much pain... lab experience were quite unforgetable, ha.

jkids
WAHHHH!!!
3 hrs and bb pops??
tats v fast for #1

kegel exercise..
kekekeke suppose to do 30 short pauses per day
and 10 long pauses per day but somehow also lazy to do liao :p too tired recently :p

for #2 time mommies
when water bag burst.....do you all wear disposable undies to the hospital hur?

jingles:
"thanks" to my gynae for speeding up the whole process. :p yah loh, at least my lab experience was not a horrible one to share.

jkids: 3 hrs is fast!! My #1 takes me about 7 hrs. If i didnt take epidural, maybe can give birth faster? some said epidural will fasten the labour..some said prolong. I dilated 5-6cm within the 1st 3 hrs.

jingles: i wear normal undies to hospital with sanitary pad for overnite use. when i reached hospital to change into hospital gown, the pad was already very full.

jkids, wha so fast?! good leh! did u use any pain relief? think i confirm using epidural.. zero pain tolerance one.. also my gynae says epidural will fasten labour coz can relax better & dilate faster.. hopefully it's true lo.. also no need use GA in case need emergency c-sect.. all these labour talk making me kan jiong sia.. -.-"

re maternity pads, are there any maternity pads with wings? i can only find kotex & pureen brand maternity pads, but both are adhesive without wings leh.. is it ok to use those normal overnight sanitary pads? will leak anot ah?

Jac: i find my dilation slow down after the epidural..Haa..took me so long to reach 10cm from 9cm..

it's ok to use normal overnight sanitary pads..get those extra long ones. I didn't even use maternity pads except the pack that hospital give and it was used up while i'm there.

if u worry it leak & stain your bed, you can use disposable bed pad on your bed.

moscato, that's wat my gynae say la.. but me & hb both feel that she abit hard-sell on the epidural part la.. hahah.. but i'll be going for it anyway.. not strong enough to tahan labour pains.. juz wanna get it done & over with least amt of time & pain.. :p thanks for sharing on the maternity pads! i'll get the normal overnight sanitary pads instead coz prefer to have wings.. heehee..

Back