(2012/01) Jan 2012

Premium depends on mother's age.
The example quoted for female, non-smoker, age 30 by next birthday is $320 (one off) plus $100 per month for the additional coverage.

Pls read the link. Or call up agent to ask. I'm not very sure myself. Coz i dunno if i want to buy this.

Apple, ya, my gyne did the same minus the swab. Will double-check again with her next thurs when I see her. If dun pinpoint the cause, I did be paranoid for the rest of the pregnancy, coz this is my first, haiz

(x)
thanks for sharing
happy.gif

anyone has already bot the bb cot? when do u intend to assemble it?

Hello ladies, finally back from my trip n overcome jetlag, finally can have some time going thru some post. Glad to know most of the oscar result is good.

Apple: I also have daily discharge tinged with blood stain for a mth already. Today went to my ob n she said I have Uterine Polyps after she check. She also did a swab to check for infection, she is sure it's will not interfere with the preg. My Placenta also abit low but she not worry as she said will move up slowly.

Pity is I unable to see bb gender coz bb facing down. But my bb heartbeat is fast, like 160, is that an indication of a girl!!!

May
I'm also insulin resistant. I was diagnosed with PCOS before I got pregnant, which is one of the conditions that goes along with IR. I'm on 1000mg metformin extended. It has helped with my sugar craving, low blood sugar. And also helped to regulate my appetite. So it should be helpful for you. Must be tough for you to have zero weight gain. I'm hoping to gain <10 kg this time, cos I gained 18kg with #1. So far I have gained 1.5kg; how about you?

RitzC: Ya, better to check throughly. Hope everything goes well for all mummies.

anns: Is bb heartbeat at 160 fast? Mine seems to be at 169 at recent visit and oscar test but gynae never mentions anything. Strange, I thot is a bit fast loh.

Jingles - wah.. Bb cot... A number of us still has from our #1 time... Like me... Abit pantang... I will only get bb things a mth or two b4 edd... But with #2, im even more relax.. Nothing really much to buy except if opp gender of my #1...
happy.gif

blue_Y
thanks...ya...but i #1 mar..so i wan know actually when is a good time to set up...my friend's hub set up hers before she was discharge...hahaha i think it was a little too late :p

Apple: i read from Internet that heartbeat higher than 140 cld be gal thou not scientific proof. Is that truth to those mummies who already have girls? Really hope for a gal this time.

Jingles, I setup for my no1 when I in 2nd trimester which i think is the right period coz By 3rd trimester, too many things to prepare n low energy. But this time my friend going to pass me her cot, so I guess will wait till she is free then.

<font color="0077aa">Jingles,

My gynae said healthy snacks would include nuts such as Walnuts, Almonds (no sugar), unprocessed food. For me, when I am hungry, I snack on green apples and sour grapefruit.

Mummies who asked me on zero weight gain: I am slightly bigger than average size so gynae is really expecting to lose weight in this pregnancy that's why zero weight gain. But i am concerned about bb's growth.... Boh bian... Gynae's instructions.</font>

Hi Mummies, i'm new to this thread =) This is my 3rd pregnancy. My edd's on the 10 Feb. However , for my past 2 pregnancies my kids came 3 weeks earlier.

Got my Oscar Test results
happy.gif
Everything's normal. However, the blood test for my thyroid seems to be slightly on the low side according to the nurse making me worried. I've been free from thyroid since 2006... suddenly it relapse again.. Hopefully everything's alright
sad.gif
Will discuss with my gynae on this issue when i see him the next time round.

vone, hi &amp; welcome!
In a training session these 2 days, just managed to login. On buying baby stuff, am totally bochap this time round! Haven't got a single item! Btw, don't rush for the cot if u intend to nurse, cos baby wld likely end up sleeping in ur bed or on a mattress on the floor. Easier to nurse &amp; don't hv to carry in &amp; out of the cot!

On heartbeat &amp; gender, my #1 was 154 but turned out to be a boy. They measure a few seconds &amp; estimate for the minute, so not v accurate i guess...

Hi MayC , im like you totally bo chup too. Now my only concern is hoping to get rid of this annoying morning sickness. X_X

i heard about more rabbit boys from my mum who heard fr her friend who have many expecting boys. i did a gender predictor which is boy. someone also predicted i will have a boy based on my birthdate,time,etc. ha, will know in 2 weeks' time.

I'm also bo chap like May n Vone.. Prob cos #2.. also cos dun know the gender... Unless buy all yellow stuff!
Vone - also can't stand tis ms thing like taking forever to b over.. Do u believe not talking abt it will b over faster? My sil jus asked if I'm ok now I said at least no vomit n 1 hr later I merlion n now still feeling gastric pain
sad.gif

hkbaby: for my #1 i bought mainly yellow and white stuffs too

i hate this ms
sad.gif
For my past 2 pregnancies the ms wasn't this bad. I can't even stomach any food and water, i'm sure to puke out everything after 5mins.. and end up with horrible gastric pain. Small light meals don't even work for me.. feeling so terrible to the extend i thought i'm dying

Same here! My #1 wasn't so bad too! Tis time merlion in 13wks more than all my 40wks then! Also dun recall any gastric..now tis time have lots of acid n gas made worse by sour tongue af 2 mouths of anything at anytime esp worse fr evenings to nite
sad.gif
hope it will b gone soon or tis min! But I worried it will return much worse at 3rd trimester! Really regret not prepare my stomach b4 preg wonder if it will really help...

Jingles, i sure know how u feel... Hehe.. But 1 thing i learnt the hard way was that time, we recce-d for cot... Bought a cot we fell in love wth n a white cot that matches our baby room decor.. So measured length width n ok set, we bought n they deliver n set up on the date we want them to. Then bb arrive in our household n we were happy... Brought her home in the afternoon n let her sleep on cot(happy n proud lorr..hehe)
When night came, we wanted to sleep n then thought that we can push the cot to our room.... SKali the cot wont go through the door! Its too big.. Lol. End up, nxt day we bought a playpen, add mattress n she's been sleeping there nightly thereafter. In day she nap in yao lan so my cot until now is white elephant lor... Sooo, morale of story, make sure cot is in the right place before being assembled or at least can go through doorway.. Hehe

juz went for my checkup.. put on 3kg!! faintz.. din put on any weight for 1st tri then now suddenly balloon.. sigh.. starting my prenatal yoga soon.. hopefully will help regulate the weight gain.. bb is 10.7cm @ 16 weeks 1 day.. most likely to be boy.. but will have to wait for the detailed scan on 29aug to confirm.. such a long wait..... also juz signed up for the prenatal pkg.. paid abt $1.5k this time.. ouch! got lots of milk samples n freebies thou..

hkbaby : Mine gets worst during the evening and night as well. Don't even know eat for what..since i'm going to throw up anyway. Horrible..
sad.gif
I don't think preparing stomach before pregnancy will help.

Does anyone get random headache throughout the day? I already got past the evening sickness phase but now I feel that I'm getting more prone to headaches and it's not because I'm hungry because I'm always munching on something. =P

Good morning...
Vone &amp; HKbaby, my MS also gets really bad only at night. These days, i eat very very light dinner. Its like half a pack of rice or just a bowl of soup. bad reflux, bad MS etc. Yes, like Vone said, horrible + terrible.

thank goodness, my kids + hb will finish my other half of dinner. else, i'll feel so bad about wastage.

Can't wait for work to end later. My kids are asking me to make cupcakes together this evening so we can bring to zoo tomorrow. No choice... to make them happy. Told my hb, when it comes to the egg part, he's got to do it. Coz raw eggs smell makes me vomit.

morning mummies
happy.gif

blue_y - thanks for the tip...ya i will bear in mind that what goes in is big enough to go out
happy.gif
is there a difference between cot and play pen? Though I know it looks difference but does bb sleeps better in a proper cot?

hkbaby - yah sometimes its weird. Like for me, when we were just talking about the MS phase is over last weekend, I started MS when I brushed my teeth in the night -.- so sometimes I guess best not to talk and focus about it.

jac - wah...1.5k its quite a sum? where u going for the class?

vanniety - i also had random headaches. I told my gynae few nights ago and he advised me just to continue on my Obimin and I will be fine....well just trust what he say lo..

tulip - all i can say is 世上只有妈妈好! Even though u feel queasy, still accompanying kids to make cupcakes....

jingles: for me, my hb only assemble the bb cot on the day when we discharge from hospital..cos we were staying with in laws then..not alot of rooms..so everything was very last min..
happy.gif

This time round, the only thing i bot was the pigeon milk bottles..cos there was an exchange for old bottles..

jingles: for me, play pen is usually for use in the afternoon, like you are doing something in the living and u wan ur bb in sight..so put bb in play pen...its more like a playing area for bb lar..of cos they can sleep in it oso

zhu zhu
thanks for the advice ...cos i was wondering maybe buying a playpen for BB put in mum place and a cot in my house...cos mum will be the one who is looking after bb when i goes back to work.

any mummies eating sushi (not raw sashimi)? I wonder if its ok, had been eating it weekly and wonder does it affect sugar level?....

jingles, I signed up for prenatal yoga with inspire mum &amp; baby (http://www.inspiremumbaby.com/) coz they're near my office.. dunno whether they're good but so far have been very responsive n nice with my enquiries.. they have yoga, philates &amp; aqua classes too.. can go check them up..

Vanniety,
I've been getting low grade headaches for the past few weeks. It's pretty normal. Some ladies just more prone to headaches/migraines in pregnancy. If bad, can take normal panadol.

jac
thanks. The classes in inspiremummy seems v interesting
happy.gif
think i should also go and attend some prenatal exercise classes to rework those muscles and tone up spine...

Jingles- it all ultimately dpend on u... My reason for using playpen is like i mentioned, my cot is assembled in bb room but nvr think bb will sleep in ours n it cant go thru. So we bought a tailor made thick mattress to fit my playpen n thats the bed 4 the night for my girl...
happy.gif
n my girls sleeps super notty so the netting of playpen is the safest for her for now until she can be transferred to her room to her cot.. Think u play by ear lor.. Best is u get cot n assemble into ur masterbedrm...
happy.gif
generally, its the mattress tht plays the part... Get a gd mattress that can last longer cos bb gain weight as they grow n thin ones might not b feasible...
happy.gif

birdbrain, thanks for the assurance. I'm on medication for hypertension so I still need to check with my gyne if I can take over-the-counter pills. Luckily most headaches are still tolerable.

Jingles, yah lor... anything for the kids.

sushi... hmmm.. i am not sure. I probably eat twice a month on average nowadays. But there's a lot of rice (= carbo) leh.

Vone - try munching small bites b4 u get hungry.. Suppose to b better.. For me, I'm scared to eat as all taste bad.. Sometimes the name of the dish or sight of it oredi put me off! U r one brave mom to b having ur 3rd bb!

Tulip - another brave mom to put up smells n make cuppies w kids! I can't for now though I used to bake every wk
sad.gif

Jingles - yes, I read here often to get comfort n distract myself! Mayb I am not wei da tt's y got to brave thru tis time to remind myself to b a great mom!

hkbaby > i got no appetite for food
sad.gif
Even the air smells weird to me. #3 is unplanned! But.. Hubby and me just accept it as the last bundle of joy for us. =) Hopefully its a different gender from my previous 2 :D

vone
I am seeing Dr Chia Su Ynn from Mt E. You can give her a try. Or you can get your GP to refer you to an endocrinologist.

Hi Vone welcome !
I think it's better to get your gynae to refer you to a Endocrinologist , as they doctors will talk amgt themselves abt their patients. it's might be cheaper too compare if you go directly.

N Vone, the other oct mummie that is also preg like us just realised her 3rd one gg to be a boy too. Lololololol. She is suuuper disappointed.

jingles - on the play pen, this is one of the most useful items to buy!
happy.gif
Value for money, but not necessary so soon, cos the babies are pretty immobile the first few months &amp; you can just leave them on a mattress/mat on the floor. But once they start crawling &amp; walking, then the play pen is a life saver if its just you &amp; baby &amp; you need to go to the bathroom!

Hi Echo,

Are u still on medication for thyroid for this pregnancy? Will check with my gynae when i see him next appointment. The nurse only called up and told me one of the blood levels kinda low but she didn't mention which.

Gingerleaf! HI!!!!!! :D hehe Omg... #3 for her is also a boy.. *faint* i can feel her disappointment.. nvm nvm #4! gogogo! when she's ready.

Back