(2012/01) Jan 2012

Jingles - Just checked out their website. Menu seems quite OK. But like what you said, think by 2nd week we will be so sian. Are you going to use them this time round?

Website said they don't do 1st 2 days of CNY also.

ms carpediem - i guess so bah...but sometimes u know as first time mummies we all wan to be assured lo.....Prof Tee is more of a quieter dr but interms of knowledge wise i heard he is also on par if not better......but i guess once u are familiar with one person u will always wan to stick to him - afterall he is looking into our most intimate part during delivery :p

Jingles, nope. there is an emergency clinic number. I called, a nurse pick-up and took my message. Within 10mins, Dr B. Tham called me back personally.
happy.gif

blueydoo - if possible i will be looking into a confinement nanny rather than jst cater food....cos I guess i need someone to look after me and bb esp at night. Esp the first 2 weeks. Think I will go insane if i do not have help.......:p

ms carpediem - wonder wat did ur gynae prescribe u? i am only under obimin. But stop taking for past 2 days as I am having sorethroat..kekekeeke too much durians over weekend.

blueydoo - its #1. EDD is 06 Jan. But it seems to shift earlier and earlier....duno will it shift to Xmas baby
happy.gif
hehehee

I will recommend Natalessentials lo....dont misunderstand i dont have commission from them. But ple delivering are really friendly and responsible. They make sure the food is delivered to you before they leave. And portion of food is quite huge...I shared my food with hubby previously but he got ulcers all over after sharing my food...I guess too heaty bah ...kekekke. Also I like them becos their food is well packed. No spills, no mess in thermal bag.

jingles, dun be
happy.gif
I am sure Dr B. Tham did refer you to a very good gynae too. Or maybe is the clinic's requirement that gynae should respond back to their patient personally. This is because, my 1st pregnancy gynae, he also did the same thing and even email me the questions i asked. They are under the same clinic. I believe shd be the clinic's policy
happy.gif

jowinbaby - yah....i guess tat's a difference between pte and garment ....pte is ultimately own biz..n if they dont do well...there are so many ways where their reputation can be smeared, then no biz lo.

3pm....must think of what to have for teatime
happy.gif

re confinement food catering
I order from natal essentials, my sis got from new baby, cos natal essentials dun deliver to my mum plc..

new baby delivered their food in those plastic containers..and they put all the plastic containers in 1 toyogo box..i remember when my sis finished her confinement, they very nice..give my sis some newborn gift..cannot remember wat is it..no idea abt the food..but i think should be OK

multi-vit got calcium and folic acid.
But since gynae prescribe, i eat lor.
#1 that time i also ate all 4 pills from 2nd tri onwards.

Jowin, Jingles & Blueydoo: Yes, its natalessentials that don't deliver to my place @ Mountbatten.

Blueydoo: Natal Essentials don't deliver to these following places: Sentosa and CBD District (Which may include nearby vicinity) as well as the following areas : Potong Pasir, Joo Seng, Macpherson,Lavender St, Jalan Besar, Kallang Road, Geylang Road, Eunos, Guillemard Road, Mountbatten Road & Tanjong Rhu.

I even called them to "double confirm". And yes, what the website states, still holds.

Natalessentials has got the best reviews. Portions are sufficient for more than 1 person, fresh soups etc. Basically, the forum mummies and even my friends who tried, gave positive reviews. Except it is more expensive than the rest of the caterers.

The other is Newbaby. They are the 2nd caterer that has the longer history (Natalessentail is longest in operations, i think). But some mummies in the forum say the food more oily. I guess, i have no choice but to call this.

Other caterers that this forum has talked about include:
chilli padi: http://www.chillipadi.com.sg/Confinement/
Happy Mums & Babies: http://happymumsandbabies.wordpress.com/

Cheer Bear, how is newbaby's food?

gingerleaf - u r a good mummy :p i dont really like to drink but i dont have a choice...cos many mummies said plain water is best for bb.....
obimin is heaty ahhhh....after eating them my stools turn v dark!

hq - yahhh..when i first ate, i was so worried cos i dont rem eating black squid ink spag the night before lo...then i rem the obimin pills -.-

Bluey, thanks for the website. I saw the menu.. Oops there are some dishes that i dun like to eat. Wonder can change anot. Those pig liver n kidney, i dun like.. hee hee.

Do they deliver 2 times a day? or All deliver together ( Lunch & Dinner)

Actually my mum can cook some dishes for confinement but i afraid she stress out looking after me, #1 and #2. So i thought of ordering catering to ease her stress

jowinbaby - yes u can changed. jst let thme know u wan omit liver and kidney....they deliver 2 times a day. not together la...if together the dinner will turn to cold liao :p hehehehehehe

for me i dont favour their snowpeas though...cos i am not a fan of it...but i tell u...my food can share with sis and hubby! Either i am a damn small eater or their portion is damn big lo :p

hmm hearing about many of ur taking obimin and calcium pills but im only taking fish oil and multi-vits at the moment.

few days ago i had a craving for thai food but after eating, i felt a strong sharp pain in my tummy that comes intermittenly. I called the gynae emergency line, the operator say will get my gynae, Dr Adrain Woodworth to call me back within 5-10 mins but i waited more than 15 mins till i call back again n she put me to him.

All he ask me to do was to go c GP and rest den observe. Which sometimes makes me feel that I can be a gynae too! Every visit to him is always chop chop. Everything of the old wives tales to him is all can be done. Only major things like smoking and drinking cannot.

If not for his low package rate, I would rather have another gynae! haizz

Jowin, don't worry. if you opt for the lunch & dinner package, they will deliver two times a day.

I remember some of the forum mummies said you can change the dishes like trotters and the kidneys. But you must call in advance and request is on case by case. The staff i talked to yesterday sounded friendly & chatty. Can call her and find out more.

Newbaby food - generally ok for one pax n yes they deliver for lunch n dinner separately. One thing I dun like is they alternate the red date tea n ginger tea. Personally I like the red date but not ginger coz the taste is too strong for my liking. But... Not sure r they still the same coz this is 2.5 yrs ago

Pinko, did you ate something spicy & sourish? I had this ultra spicy & sourish tom yam noodles at one time and had the same pain as you had describe. intermittenly. Like those diarrhea pain around my stomach area (not the uterus). Next thing i know, i went toilet diarrhea big time.

Jingles, most reviews i read, they say Natal's confinement food portion is big!! can feed more than 1 mummy. hahaha... money worth it lor!

pinko - hahahahhaha i think i am sitting in the same boat as u
happy.gif
but at least ur gynae bothers to pick up call and answer u...for mine, he did not even bother to return my call
happy.gif

But i guess all things in moderation is fine....so long as dont over eat la.

tulip - yes lo...its crazy......tat time time my hub stopped eating then my mum and sis came over to share my food cos i also not much appetite la..then since its confinement food, i let sis and mum eat to nourish themselves too
happy.gif
worth the $. hehehe

Cheer Bear, thanks. I also don't like ginger tea. its too strong for me too. I'll probably ask them if they can change it to red dates tea entirely when i book with them. i'm more or less confirm taking newbaby... provided they can deliver to my place!!

i hate ginger!!
Wonder how i'm gonna survive confinement #2.

My hubby's best friend drove from KL bearing me 15kg of boon tong ginger for me when i had #1. SCARY!!! Hope he dun come again this time with the same "present".

tulip7v - i was craving for tom yum soup so order that, mango salad, kang kong, pad thai, etc. i reckon could be the mango salad cos its using mangos that are not ripe yet. but so sad that my gynae just give me a brief reply to entertain me only. =(

jingles - my gynae din call back at all till i call back n say he din call back as promised! n it was only 10+ at night. cant be he sleep already right? lol

The thread move so fast. i went for check up monday, bp not good.Bb moving happily. paid $52 incl bp n urine test. next visit 8 august. only on 5th september can know the gender.

Pinko - yes it must b the unripe mangoes! Heard ple say can't eat lei... But if gynae really no response wil his nurses able to answer your queries?

tulip7v - yes im better now after diarreha big time. duno how is bb now. next visit on 1 aug so long! lol

jingles - i dun tink they r nurses. just phone operators so they cant ans me anything.

i love the mango and papaya salad but i guess i need to put off till next yr! sobss

Pinko- hur.... No nurses can answer ah? Then wat if emergency lei? Better tahan abit... Restraint from those raw fruit salad for time being.... Few more months to go! I also gave up my sashimi and half boil eggs
sad.gif

jowinbaby: natal portion os huge..i oso share with my MIL the food..they pack the white rice in the rectangular disposible box..the whole box of rice..alot..
for my side they usualy deliver around 11am++ for lunch..n around 5pm for dinner..

suddenly all the confinement food talk... i feel like drinking some tonic soup.

Terrible night i had last night. couldn't sleep. my whole digestive system like kena choked. as if a cork was stuck on my throat. Want to vomit also can't vomit out, burp also can't. End up i slept sitting up!!! I'm so glad the weekend is here... i want to sleep late tomorrow!!!

Back