(2011/11) Nov 2011

Hi fynn,

I bought their Taurus White cot at 359 top up 20 for their 4" thick safety mattress (holes infill). Not bad can use as toddler bed at lower level. But its width is 30", just nice to pass thru my bedroom door. So must measure very chui first.

What i like is the highest level with the mattress makes me dun need to bend up and down when carry the baby.

It comes with the free bedding set (not very soft to touch) just leave aside, since I bought a few bedding set few weeks back in JKT.

Me too dunno what to do at night, hb goes drinking with friends!! Maybe will call him to pick him up at the pub.... Then he wont stay too long drinking.... I think I'm gg to turn him into cinerella soon!!!! Hahaha

Hello,

I gave birth in sept and would like to recommend my confinement lady. She is from Indonesia, Batam. Her daughter's no +6282171581006. she is still wif me. Anyone interested can PM me.

fynn,

i buy bonbeebe baby cot during the taka baby fair at $499 with free husked matress n bedding set. it can b convert to play pen & young bed..

anyone know where to get car seat???

btw do u feel breathless?? especially the moment i lied down.. i was grabing for air..i feeling my stomach more n more heavier..

do u have yellowish discharge fr nipple? i not sure what is it??

Hi Esther,

Try resting with 2 or more pillows, cos bb is up at stomach and compressing ur lungs or sideway with pillow support on side.

Yellowish discharge is common when u r near to ur due date. Means the milk is on it's way. Try not to soap or rub ur nipple now, cos can stimulate contraction. Just use warm water shower around the breast during shower.

Hopes this info from my gf can help u.

Mrs Chong, Doc also say i should pop around 3kg. So let's see how accurate he is. Keke. Not sure within a week, she can increase 400gms anot. I can feel baby kicks and stretching more easily now. I am going for natural and not opting for epidural (Hopefully). As for creams, i really cant imagine how my face will look like after 1 mth. OMG! Facial, massage and accupunture is needed immediately after confinment. Best, i am thinking of going Batam for a one day trip to do massage, spa, body scrub and hair wash. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Julia, i more kaisu, already washed my bb clothes 2 weeks ago and pack in zip lock bags. Hehe.. Only left with baby oil and detergent forget to buy...

Breast:

I learned from the class that we need to massage it during/after bath (out of the areola and nipple region.

Hi mummies!

Happy day, going to gynae later to see my baby. Already 32 weeks, hope she is getting heavier and healthier!

I got a hand down baby cot from my friend, but I replaced the mattress w a foam one from Kiddy Palace. They also have some selections for baby cots, can go and look too. But go to the bigger ones like Toa Payoh, more variety.

I also found like dried up whitish discharge on my nipples, will flake off after awhile. Ermmm hope dats normal? Was attempting to clean off w soap every now and then, guess I shld just stick to using water for now.

Esther, I also feel breathless.. Then everytime I cannot lie down.. I must take my hubby's bolster and put on top of my pillow then lean against it.. So, for a month plus liao, I sit and sleep.. haha! Feels better.. Orelse I feel like I cannot breathe and I need people to save me.. hehe!

ssbaby - the breast massage do now or after birth?

Oso ur bb has very good weight! Kiam too. Mine 1.74kg at wk 33. Hope she'll be above 2kg at nex checkup and i can pop at wk 38. Cant wait!

Congrats Janice on the arrival of ur newborn. Think more mommies add in early or mid nov wd pop as early as this month or within the next few weeks.

Water

For brushing teeth, think last time i only use mouth rinse instead of getting off bed to brush. The nurse wd provide when she comes cleaning you everyday. As for face, i just use wet wipe to clean my face daily. Maybe for csec mommies, we move lesser or maybe i am too scared to pain so din move too much. However I walk like a really old woman, cannot walk fast like those who gave birth naturally. Natural delivery is really the best for woman' body in term of recovery.

Drinking water. I drank a fair amy of water to quench thirst but prob prefer warm water since in hospital, aircon can be cold. I din only drink red date longan tea. My mom made too thick that within a day of drinking the red date longan tea, i totally lost my voice. Think no need to have too rich red date longan tea if ur body is like mine, super weak and cannot take too much tonic. If i take a bit, i can get heath very easily. So i think moderation is gd. Good to have a thermo flask by your bedside so u dun have to keep asking nurse to bring water to u. Think this time, i wd also ask hb to bring thermos flask with water/longan tea since i drink quite a fair bit.

Bathing

I plan to do warm water bath with the ginger shampoo and bath and together with herbal stuff if csec after a few days i feel up to it. Else i wd do wipe down until i feel more comfortable. I hv very low threshold for pain so during my last csec, i started feeling better after a week and did body wipe down. My mom only allowed me to wash hair on my 2nd or 3rd wk. This time, I crop my hair real short for easy mgt and new look for this bb.

FM,

I think the hospital will provide for e first few days. If not, can bring a small tin there. That time, i ask for tbf, so when bb seems dehydrated, they kept asking me if want to feed fm or glucose water. I chose glucose water which they will provide. Think bb that time drank at most 30ml each time every 2hrs if i rem correctly.

I used nestle nan ha in case bb is allergic to cow' milk or sensitive. This time i also standby 1 tin for bb in case i stressed no milk at home.

Cot

I think it is gd to get one that can be converted to toddler bed. Value for money. May be slightly more exp than just cot bed but in long run, u can use till she is 3 or 4 yo. My dd can still sleep in her cot cum toddler bed now even though she is 3.

Things outstanding to buy/pack

I also need to ask hb to buy milk teats and bottle wash refill. Then need to sign up cordblood storage and prepare marriage cert for bb' registration. Name also need to choose soon since bb can come anytime. HAs most of u firm on your eng and chinese name. Do u let ur parents and inlaws have a say on them as well before u finalize with hb. Last time we chose a few ones then let my parents and inlaws take a look before we went ahead in case they not happy. Chinese names like a big affair for us. Really not easy to come up with meaningful that is easy to write and sound fine.

Just come back from check up .. My bb gain some wt during check up .. Now she is 2.4 kg at week35+ 6 days.. Finally reach a gd birth wt.. My gyn say I mostly will give birth close to my edd.. So I can enjoy my holi at home for a few weeks ..

Fm

I also standby a tin Nan pro 1 for my bb incase not enough milk for bb..

ssbaby-Good to have a day trip to Batam to pamper yourself as its cheap over there.Where you normal shop at Batam and which hotel you stay?Have yopu been to Turi beach? That timne i wanted to go but tummy already very big scared will sea sick.

I do feel breathless when i lie down too so its very difficult to fall asleep.Think try not to have too much food or water before going to bed.

Simp,

Thanks for your sharing! Very detailed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Checkup

I'm back from my checkup as well! Very happy, baby's head is already engaged at 32 weeks, and of a good weight 1.94kg! Asked my gynae if he has any inkling when I'll deliver - early or late, and he just laughed and say cannot estimate wan =P Okayyyy lor.....

Hospital Tour at TMC

Did my hospital tour together as well, but did not managed to see the delivery suites and some of the (expensive) wards cos full. But most likely decided on a 2-bedded ward, looks comfy enough. Dun think the hubby wanna stay overnight also. Anyway if everything goes smoothly *cross fingers*, will get to stay for only one or two nights, should be ok.

Names

More or less decided on baby's chinese name but not the english name, but I'm sure my parents will wanna count the the chinese name strokes and "shen cheng ba zi" etc =P I don't have another alternative, so hopefully the name is satisfactory to them! I change my mind on her english name every other day haha... the hb is not helping lor, he keep saying up to me. But I can't decide! *Confused*

ssbaby: i should hav wash earlier, the weather is so un predictable these few days can't do much washing.Btw when is your edd?

Sick

Having flu n cough for 2 days le, nver been sick thru out thought my body can tahan till bb comes out no choice now had to b medicated, take care all mummies cos it super uncomfy to b sick now.

Buffet

Hope i can get well by weekend cos gg for hotel buffet to pamper myself b4 bb pops, have not been to buffet since pregnant so looking forward.

Hi ladies

Im been sick these few days.. Feeling weak, lathegic and tired hence no mood to come here to chat.. Just a simple flu can make me feel so lousy.. And worst is, Im not on MC coz already took 3 days last week and thought not so nice to be on MC again this week..

I have kind of like the English name I have came up with but not confident about it.. Scared not nice le..

All your gynaes so good.. At least tell you the features of the baby or if your EDD will be early.. My gyane didnt mentioned anything to me and Im too scared to ask too.. Coz she looks really stern and sometimes when I ask her things about the baby, she will say "OK don't worry".. Sometimes not I worried la, sometimes is just kpo/curious about your baby..

Oh ya speaking of which, feel that baby is not as active these days.. Could it be because Im sick?

I haven really packed my bag.. Hubby don't seem nervous at all.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Rebeana: Take care n rest more, jus pack the main items and put it aside in case. Some gynae jus bo chap one,think we too kan chiong but i dun care cos it my baby n i pay for consultation jus ask them anything if u r nt sure. Sometimes my bb also not very active jus talk to her n ask her to move abit, think she understand n start to move around..hehe..Stay happy n jia you!

Rebeana - take care. i tink cos of our additional weight and we emo so a simple flu hit us harder.

my hubby oso dun seem nervous. i dun tink i'll hv a #2 since he's not as excited as i tot and it had not been an easy preg for me. he say reach home at 8 n hv dinner but till now no sign of him :<

my gynae oso a bit bo chap in the sense tat he cares more for bb than for me regarding my symptoms. but well.. i tot since bb is more impt so i ok lor. n maybe i too emo wanna demand more from gynae? hee..

Haha! My gynae, Dr Adrian, is like, queue for 20 minutes, go in less than 2 minutes to see him kind. Whenever you ask him questions, he will say, "no worries. everything ok." Hahaha!!

is-elle, maybe guys dunno how to express themselves ba.. As for my hubby, he over-reacted during my pregnancy. I alot of things cannot do, cannot eat, although gynae said is ok. Medicine by gynae he also say dun eat if not really very pain.. -.-" Initially, I thought he think more for the baby rather than me. But then, everyday after work, no matter how tired and how late, he will still help me to massage.. To relieve pain.. So, that's the point whereby I feel that he care for me too.. Anyway, dun think too much. Just ask your hubby rather than guessing yourself. It's not good for baby. Ask him why so late lo.. =D

Hi mummies

Gyn

Normally used to been ask the same question for n times.. My gyn is five mins chop chop so must list down my questions and ask all my questions.. He will answer all my questions..

Husband

He always seem so cool no matter what happen to me and bb.. Later I realise that he dun know how to express his feeling..

Anyone tried before Avent bb body and hair wash OR Mustela Dermo Cleansing for hair and body?Any idea which is better? I havent buy baby wash yet.

I'll usually wait for more than half hr (once waited an hr! ) for my gynae appt, then go in sit down barely 5 min then come out liao! I think my gynae is really man of few words, will just say everything good and dats all. But he is ok la, will ans all my questions, just dat most of the time I dunno wat else to ask lol.

I guess its common dat we will be more kan jiong compared to our hubbies. Perhaps they under estimate e discomfort dat we experience, or our rollercoaster emotions. But i'm sure when they hold their little one in their hands for e first time, their fatherly instincts will kick in ah. I think i'm lucky, my hb has become more concerned for me, but can tell he is also stressed at times esp financially, sian w his job but yet cant resign now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

But things will work out in the end, mummies. Think happy thoughts!! And everyone pls take good care of your health, only a few weeks more!

Morning mummies!

Woke up at 5ish to make milk for dd, then feel hungry n can't sleep. Just had some cereal. Hehe.

My gynae very patient n will hear me out first at her desk before proceeding to do her scanning. Last checkup I say I want to see bb nose n hair n she helped me scan for them. Although she sees so many bb everyday n years but she still gushes over them saying how cute bb is when bb performed certain action,expression or in certain positions. Thus I feel comfortable with her.

My hb also not too excited over the bb but he is more concern for me as to whether I take my meals or what cravings I have. He won't exactly go out of the way like in the mid of night to get but if we are planning to go out for meals, he always let me decide what I want to eat. Actually men got to see the real thing that is when they hold the bb in their arms then reality sinks in n they will express themselves.

My helper is coming in next weekend. Very sudden n like a month earlier. Aiyoh I not very prepared to have a stranger in my household so fast...

Little bb,

I am a fan of California baby, I'm using cb calming hair n body wash.

Wait for gynae: I think I've got the longest wait. Each time go there, I will wait an average of 1 1/2 hrs. Yesterday even better, appointment at 3pm but Dr only came in at 4.15pm. See him only 5 mins and then wait another 10 mins to pay. I really burn a hole each time I have an appointment at KKH for parking!

This morning was ULTIMATE!! Went to my car which was parked at the multistorey carpark, guess what....... I couldnt get in! The stupid LExus parked next to me left me no space to even walk to the door of the driver side. I had to CRAWL from the passenger side to the driver side. By the time I settled in, I was in so much pain becoz of the stretching and funny positions I was in! Uuurrgggghhh!!! Just needed to let go steam.

Hi mummies,

Gynae

I also Experience long wait, see him only few mins, parking even more exp at tmc.

Hubby

My hb is also more concern about me, letting me decide wat to eat....letting me steam off when emo comes....now he will touch my tummy to monitor bb movement after he really saw the bb movement on my tummy and feel her and talk to her. Initially also not so excited.

Car Park

Last two night went grocery shopping at bedok ntuc. The space to get out is really very limited. I think I accidentally open my door too hard and hit the car on my left. The driver happen to be in the car, look at me so hard. He let it go after seeing me trying to tuck and squeeze my big tummy out. So still not too bad for me that night.

I feel the lots in sg is really small, seeing most mums squeezing their way in between the cars to fasten their bb to car seat and put the stroller into boot. And worse to think is no lift in multi storey car park. Got to push the stroller thru the driveway ramp from high level to ground, if she alone with bb.

I think I will be the next in list to do that cos my multi sty car park has no lift!!! Haiz

Hubby

Looks like most of our hubbies are like that.. I can feel my hubby is very caring to me and something excited about baby. But then it really has to depend on this mood.. Although I don't expect him to be as excited as I to talk to baby regularly coz he cannot feel it, I hope he will be more keen/excited about baby's arrival..

Sometimes when I asked him, he will say he is but I just can't feel it.. He doesn't initiate the buying of things for baby or read up on childcare or anything which can be worrying and upsetting.. But well, think its just him..

I have a friend whose hubby is really the type of hubby who is super anxious and excited about baby's arrival.. He reads up on childcare, reads up on what the mummy is experiencing each week, finds out which is the best brand of milk formula, diapers, etc, where to get the best discounts.. Im impressed.. When I went to her house, its her hubby who is taking care of the baby, taking note of what time is baby's feeding time and stuff.. IMPRESSED.. But of course, I don't expect my hubby to be like that la.. Coz this is slightly too extreme.. hehe..

Hi jean

My gynae is also at TMC.. Do you know that they have 2 types of carpark? 1 is to park at TMC and the other one (drive towards the back) is for them to help you velet park to the nearby public carpark.. Its much more affordable..

Sick

Thanks all.. Still feeling unwell.. Bot a flu medicine "Zyrtec" but now becomes cough.. Argh.. The feeling is horrible.. Every cough makes my tummy cramp/pain.. And worst is, baby doesnt see to move as much as before.. Maybe she knows mummy is sick..

Nearer to due date

Are you all nervous or excited? I am.. Worrying that Im not prepared yet especially after reading your concerns about the breast milk.. You gals are right. What if at the hospital and we have no milk yet and hospital feeds baby formula milk and baby rejects breast milk after which.. Hmmm..

I really can't wait to see baby!

Name

Still can't decide on the name but is not looking around for more names either.. oops..

Oh Ya, I read from the Oct thread that its good to drink 2 bottles of chicken essence before delivery.. And thats what my friend told me as well. Not too sure how true but is going to try.. No harm..

Bm

Dun worry too much if really no breast milk just cup feed the fm.. My friend also cup feed her gal and give bb bm aft bm come in.. Generally heard bb love bm more than fm..

Confinement heral and tonic

Just meet my hubby god ma as she used to be cl and buy the tonic, ginger, wines and etc.. Really spend a lot on the tonic and stuffs closed to 500 buck .. Glad to have relatives who is cl as save a lot compare to employing outside cl..

Massage lady

How many massage session u all intend to do?

I intend to take a 14 day package as scare too much wind and water retention ..

Dear All,

Just to update you all. My bb now is 2.454 kgs at 35 weeks. My gynae said his head is big and almost like 37 weeks bb. OMG! hope I can have the strength to deliver him by natural birth.

And gynae gave me the pill to insert into the vagina as I got some minor infection. headache now as I do not know how to do it.

Shjean, get ur hubby to do it lo... Guys will know.. :p

Now i am waiting for my turn to see my gynae.. Update my boy's weight later on!

not been here for some time and thread moves fast. see more mummies preparing for D day as draws neaere to the 35th mark.

Rebeana

whose ur gynea? if u hv Qs just ask them. i relaise i din even ask whats bb weight till i see posting here and ask gynea what was my bb weight. saw her during my 29th wk and ask her my bb weight, abt 1.3kg. seeing her next fri again but was tempted to push earlier n see her. bb seems pressing down and very very diff to walk.

bb position is gd but i st going thru c-section. glad i pass e GTT and gynea say don csection too ealrier, if can dong till 38th wk then i wld choose 2211. she say no extra charge as long as i csection during lunch time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babyzel

ur helper meaning maid? my #1 taken care by nanny and i reclunctantly agree to my hb to have a helper. i dun like e idea of a stranger at home.. but realy seems bo bian.

hb is now overseas and manging to go wk w a big tummy and a 4 yr old + super tire legs is a big challenge. i either wk till 8pm take cab go fetch her to go home. else wld clear 1/2 leave, go for a lunch n foot massage n get some grocery tehn fetch her.

Shjean-When i went for my gynae checkup at week 31,my gynae also mentioned my bb head very big like week 34 bb.I also hope bb head not too big orelse hard to deliver.I tried the insert pills before,sometimes i tell my hubby or i insert myself but i think tell hubby insert better,he insert right in,deep enough.

Recently i have pains near my pelvic area,lower tummy and thighs.I cant lift up my legs and when i walk i have to carry my tummy as its painful.I also felt my bb kicking just below my chest.Can hardly walk so no more shopping for me.

Hi rebeana,

Thanks for ur info. But whenever I go there, the valet will stop me at the front. So now I will make sure I go roughly 15-20mins later than my appt time.

Stomach gas

Recently I got awaken by a lot of burps in the middle of the night. Sometimes the food and air seems to flow back to The chest when lying flat, when I sit up, it just makes me burppppp for long. Do you gals feel that ?

Baby hiccup

Do you feel your bb doing Rythmatic kick or beating? Is it a the baby hiccup or heartbeat?

Now I'm at week 33, feeling most of her movement is at the centre of my tummy. Really wonder when is her head going to be down and looking forward to my gynae appt on 19/10.

Hb and I just got our gal's room ready last night with curtain and wall decal put up and furniture arrangment. Thanks to his friend for drilling the curtain rod for us.

Hi, sorry to interrupt. I have a brand new tin of Enfalac A+ Stage 1. Expiry date is 29 Oct 2012. I'm letting it go as my baby is on breast milk.

price: $25

interested, please pm me.

Hi mummies...

How's your tummy like now? I am at 34 weeks now. Yesterday lunch my tummy hardened. Although it eased a bit during lunch, the entire afternoon it hardened again till now..

I woke up at 2am last night feeling the tummy was hard and extremely itchy and i kept applying oil to it and went to do my packing for hospital luggage. Baby is very active squirming in my stomach.

wonder if it's normal for mummies of this time?

Morning Mummies,

TGIF! everyone here has a nice day!!

Hi Little bb and FYnn,

Last night my husband helped me to put the pill. at first a bit uncomfortable but later on think it melted inside and it was quite ok. Morning i wake up found out got a lot of white discharge, not sure if its the pill leaking out or the discharge my gynae mentioned. gynae told me the next time will have a lot of discharge and it is normal. is it true?

bb hiccup

I also feel my bb got hiccup. sometimes can last for 5 mins. my hb said it is normal.

and these days bb moves a lot.hehe. enjoy feeling his movement and many ppl told me after delivery we will miss this period when we carry our babies...

Hi gal,

I think urs is Braxton contraction. So called false contraction if it comes not on frequency basis. If it is on mins interval, then better ask ur gynae.

Bb movement

I think I will defintely miss her kicking and turning days especially she hears the music whether rock pop or classical!!!

I woke up too early today by my tummy gas. Now heading off to bed after washing my CL bed sheet. Hope today weather is sunny.

Cheers. Enjoy!!!

Fion,

Yup I am referring to maid. Last night I prepared my to do lists for her else on actual day she arrives, I am bound to forget. Ya lor, with 2 kids really bobian. Need extra pair of hands n eyes to help out.

I'm still waiting at my gynae clinic to see baby at week 35 today. Hope she is engaged n doing well.

My tummy also feeling very hard these few days.. But at least Its not that uncomfortable. Bb still very active n moving around, pushing her fists across my tummy.

Yup, once baby is out we will miss having them in our tummy. So treasure the time we are left with them moving n squirming inside us. Hehe...

Hi mummies!

Weekend is (almost) here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jean,

I think try not to lie down completely flat while sleeping, cos baby is lying on our diaphragm, might get breathless easily. Try propping up with another pillow, might help with the gas and burping as well

Baby hiccups

I think those are hiccups? Cos I feel it on the lower abdomen, and my baby is already head down position. She hiccups quite often also, so cute.

I'm only at week 32, and already feeling the strain on my back and legs. Sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to pee, have to struggle to get up. Can't imagine how it's gonna be like in the next few weeks! Now she has a habit of sliding or kicking her leg all the way to my right side which can hurt! =P But true, I guess I will miss being pregnant as well, and feeling all these movements.

Hi mommies

TGIF! How' everyone?

Cramps

Dunnoe why now I'm scared of cramps at night that prevent/ wake me up from sleep. I always fear that i need to go into labour any min. I have been having that the 3 times already. 2 i experienced when i was between 28 and 32 wks. I had another episode 2 nights ago and fear i go into labour and no available dr can handle my case. Think I feel so much that the cramps is like contraction on my pelvic/tummy area. Now just walk or wake up from nigth sleep to go toilet can be straining on my pelvic. At times when bb kick and press, i feel the placenta is coming out from cervix. Think Next wk when i visit gynae, must tell me my cramps and how to go abt if i go into labour in middle of night from tmc to kkh.

Sleeping is so restricted these days on my left only. When i lay on my back and side, moving is difficult. 3rd trimester really tiring and straining.

Jean,

I also have stomach gas same as you, wake up in the middle of the night and burp a lot, need sit up to ease the gas. I will apply the Ruyi oil too...

Babyzel,

Which maid agency you engage? You get a Philipino or Indonesia maid? I may need to get helper after my confinement. Need to decide in this month end, as we still waiting the childcare to feedback on the vancancy of my son and niece...

My bb move a lot in these days too..not much of turning but a lot of kicking.. hee.. I remember my son pregnancy he got a lot of turning, seems mei mei is gentle but more active of kicking lor.

Evelyn,

I got a Phil helper. Easier to communicate.

I went to upper bukit timah sc by his grace maids agency.

Waited about 1.5 mths for her to arrive after confirming her. Initially was told that I need to wait till mid nov for her to arrive. Since she will be here before I deliver, I can get her to clean up my house n prepare for baby's arrival n also to pick up skills of caring for bb n cooking from CL.

Back