(2011/11) Nov 2011

Infant Formula

at the hospital, U may ask e nurse to give u e milk which is contain in dispoable milk bottles and indv seal teats. i find it useful esp going out for short trip as don wan to bring so many items. when i went out w my gal, wld feed her. then in e midst of outing, she cry and drink, means count down for me to go home.

Hb clubbing

my hb use to drink kopi w his freiend. but i think as time bypass more fds get married and w kids, these few yrs he seldom go oout liao. he wld stay @ home and play game day and nite. when come to doing housewk, he wld grumble even if just 5 mins hanging the clothes.. maybe thats guy?

Tire feet

getting more and more tire and really no energy to walk. even when i walk, every step seems draggy. clinic call and say i pass my 2nd GTT which means csection in my 38th week. was hopiong to csection ard 36wks as realy tire.

Fion-Cesction on 36week wont be bb too small,week 37 consider full term right.I am still waiting for my bb head to engage as the previous checkup,bb in siting position.

Confinement

I also think it's impossible not to bath for one month especially in Singapore. I think I can't stand myself so smell to sleep on my bed. But I will try to shower faster just to keep clean. I just went to trim / cut my hair yesterday .

Red dates water

Some told me before delivery can drink red dates water already. Any idea should should put some brown sugar? Must eat the dates also?

During confinement I heard cannot drink plain water. I can't imagine I can't drink water...

Tired feet

Yesterday I first time felt very tired after shopping just for 30 mins. Today I also drag myself to work n felt my tummy is heavier

Shjean-Red dates already very sweet so its better not to put sugar.I never eat the dates.Yes during confinment cannot drink plain water.

Shjean,

Red date tea can drink in 2nd & 3rd tri, but once a week. Cos it will be slightly Heaty as there is longan. Add tang sheng (2 stalk), 8-10 red date, roughly 1tablespoon size of longan (normally all clump together), 3-4 mug of water. Boil 20-30mins.

According to tcm, it is to pu qi in our body and also helps bb.

I think even dong cong xia cao with pao sheng or bird nest also once a week will do in moderate portion as in 1 mug or small rice bowl size ba.

Confinement: I heard so many ppl said it all for our own health to follow strictly no touching of water. Even my fren bath with herbs she complained her whole body shivering so i think better to play safe n listen to my mum.

Already finish packing my stuff hope tat bb will pop end of tis month.Almost bought everything le, luckily got 4 elder sisters to pass down clothings etc save a lot of money, think it really good to have more siblings.Going to see my gynae today hope everything is fine.

Good morning all!!! Been few days I've not come in here le. Yes I've popped yesterday morning @ week 34. Lucky sat I bought most of the things but then hv not prepared anything n wash my bb's clothings. Thot to settle everything by Sunday ended up can't make it. Think my gal knows we've bought most of her things so she can't wait to come out to see her presents lol

Hi Janice,

Congratulating to your delivery. Best wishes to your family.

I think my gal knows today daddy boil Birdnest, keep kicking me to wake up to mum mum . :p thanks Lao gong.

Janice

congrats.. all the best ..

so sleepy, nice weather to sleep..

i hear fr the woman selling the herbs , she say we can bath n wash hair but must with herbs.. for bathing use 1 packet n washing hair use 2x packet..

Hi all,

Starting to pack the delivery bag and would like to ask, do we have to bring along the breast pump also ?

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bunny > most hospital have pump for loan during ur stay there.. I know KKh, tmc and me have pump on loan ..

Esther> my cl say the herbs can boil and bath and wash hair daily ... Hair washing my mum dun allow me to wash daily but bath everyday.,

Janice, Congrats!!! I also prepared my stuff liao.

After yesterday check, Doc say i might pop next week as I have dilated slightly. So now excited and re-planning my ML coz suppose to start on 38w actually! Hahaha

Janice, congrats to you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~ Hope you and bb have a good rest now..

Ssbaby> how many week are u now?

I know those whose edd is early nov will be week 37 soon.. Hehe waiting game start..

Hi Janice,

congrats!!did you take epidural?

Hi Julia,

My due date now becomes end of Oct also. But i have not packed my bag! everyday wanted to do but in the end did not do...lazy...

Dear all,

Thanks for your information about red dates water!

breast pump

Em...so far I did not hear any of my friends bring own breast pump to hospital.

btw, anyone knows if we can put our breast pump parts into any brand of milk bottle sterilizer for cleaning?

Congrats Janice! So happy to hear everything is well for you and baby!

Confinement

Yah I also heard that cannot drink water, only the red dates/longan water. Then only can use herbs water to wipe body for the first week, no bathing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] forgot the part on when to wash hair. I'll also be cutting my hair shorter so will dry faster when I do wash my hair.

But how not to touch water completely?? Seems impossible lor =P Oh well, must see how strict my CL is heh....

So exciting, who is next to pop? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow!

Janice, congrats!!! My EDD is end of nov,so i still relax... hehe!!! Zso, did ur bb discharge togethervwith u?? :D post photo!!!!!

shjean, I bought the sterillizer of Avent, so I also bought Avent breast pump n they r compatible... :D

oh my goodness! can't drink water during confinement??? argh!!! i everyday must drink at least 2 big 1.8 litres of water. sleeping also will wake up to drink... haha!!!! Why can't drink?!?!?!

I hvn't buy my bb cot lei... Kanchiong liao... Anyone bought from palmax???

Congrats Janice!

I have only pack my hospital bag halfway. Put in my stuffs but haven't pack bb stuffs. Gonna complete that this week as I will be in my 35th week.

For last confinement, I bathe from day 5 n everyday can bathe using herbal bath. I get to wash my hair every alternate day. I'm gonna use my sis's CL this time round n heard she only allow us to bathe from day 12. Before that will only wipe down with herbal water. Guess I will have to hide in my room with my air con on most of the time.

I believe strongly never to wash hands frequently from the tap during confinement. I did that for the 1st confinement n suffered from painful aches on my knuckles. I suggest using boiled warm water to wash hands instead. Gonna ask CL to prepare that for me this time round.

Yup, no plain water unless when needed like taking medicine. Best is to take longan red date tea for full 40 days.

Then we will really appreciate plain water n craving for it.. Keke.

I brought my breast pump during my 1st delivery to stimulate milk supply but milk only came in on day 5. This time I will not be bringing but doing direct latch on only since it's only 2 nights at the hospital. If milk come in earlier then will loan from hospital.

Kiam, Turning 36 weeks tmr. if next week, then she will be like me, 37 week baby.

SHJEAN, better pack else gan jiong later. Hehe...

Confinement

I duno if i can survive without plain water. How to drink red dates every day.. lol..

fynn, u stuck me something.. Then can i put on my daily creams on my face? OMG.. cant imagine how dry my face will go into.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

So does confinement rules start from the day we deliver? So in hospital already cannot bathe? wash hair? drink water?? Yikes!!!

My friend suggested I bring a big bottle of boiled water to hospital to wash face and brush teeth lor, and not to use water from the tap. Wah then my hospital bag will weigh a tonne!

Hi mummies-to-be!

I have For Sale: 6months preloved Medela Pump In Style Advanced (PISA) & Breastmilk Storage Bottles.

Locally bought US complete set with local power plug. See photo for included accessories. Full Set Photo

Bought for S$599 on 24/02/2011. Receipt Photo

Used for 6months, warranty for another 6months.

Selling $380, or $390 with the storage bottles shown below.

Also for sale: Medela Breastmilk Freezing & Storage Bottles. 12 x 80ml BPA-free bottles with lid.

Bought for S$40, selling $20. Storage Bottles Photo

Interested parties, please leave PM or SMS @ 987 six one 872.

Thanks for viewing!

Confinment :

As my last confinment, I will use hot water from water heater to wash my face and brush teeth in the morning. When back home, will start bath with the herbs water once in a day, wash my hair too with the herbs water when feel necessary. Ya, I did not bath in the hospital, as only advise to bath with the herbs. I feel Ta Feng Chao leaf is good, can get rid of wind.

As some mummies mention, it is better keep ourselves warm and in a disclosed bath room. Make sure dry yourself then step out, if wash hair, must use hair dryer. Dun let ourselves get chilled.

If possible, try drink more red dates water than plain water. I do drink some plain warm water the other time, as pai sei to ask my mil cook more, that time she also din say cannot drink plain water woh. This time round with CL, think I shall drink more if prepare enough.

Ssbaby> ic so ur edd is 2 nov which closed to mine as mine 3 nov..

Bb wt

Did anyone bb lose wt instead of gain wt?

Cos mine Lose wt last week so wonder it's normal for bb to lose wt ..

Plain water

I think I will miss plain water a lot and I think drink a bit hot / warm water should be ok. My friend told me the reason why we cannot take plain water is because water is believed very "Liang".

And one of my relatives took apple during her 1st week from confinement then got very serious stomach pain. She did not beleive it at first and refused to listen to her mum. Now she thinks she should have followed. But i forgot if she took the apply from the fridge or normal room temperature. anyway, some aunties in the family told me first 2 weeks better not eat fruits also.WAH! really a lot of restrictions. Not sure if anyone here heard about the fruits restriction or not.

As for brush teech and wash face in the hospital.I think like that we should bring one small kettle if we have at home. so we can boil water. do you think it is better? haha. suddenly so many things to bring.

bb weight

em. so far mine did not lose weight and my next check up is this Thursday. will update you all after the checkup.

Hi Kiam, did your gynae say anything about the weight loss? did you eat less recently?

Shjean> maybe I vomit one to two times per day ... So bb lose a bit of wt .. My husband say I worry too much as I told him that scare bb lose wt again tomm.. Cos my bb is 2.2kg at week 34 but 2.1 kg at 35 week.. Hope she will gain some wt tomm .. Then doc say bb wt is estimated by bb tummy size so 0.1 kg diff is small..

But I google say bb should grow faster aft 32 week..

And hope she can be 2.5 kg -2.9 kg when she is born ..

Hi Kaim,

btw, how heavy is your bb now? mine is 2 kgs plus at week 33. Now is about 35 weeks and i am looking forward to knowing his weight this thursday. But I just worried his head is too big. My gynae everytime mention the head is big and she likes to say both of us got big heads so it is normal my bb got big head.

Fans for bb room

What kind of fan will you use for baby's room? which brand is good?

Ssbaby> I ask my gyn to check again as tomm I am seeing him and meeting cord donation ppl to sign the form..

Shjean> my bb is 2.1 kg at 35 week ..

Fan

I used the normal standing fan and air con as she is sleeping with CL..

Bb head

all bb have big head according to the midwives .. But some MTB are small size so their vaginal is narrow.. My frien have c sec due to her vaginal is very narrow and her bb boy is very big ( 3.5 kg at birth)..

Janice-congras...finally can see your little one..So happy for you.what is your bb weight? You go for natural or csection..If can kindly share with us your experiences.

Ssbaby-You are really counting down..What is your bb weight now? Hereby wish you all the best on your delivery..

Bb head

My gynae told me that my bb head v huge during last checkup.

Hi Shjean,

Ur gynae like to say the head is big, mine likes to say tummy is big. Wondering when will the bb head be engaged. Cos now i can feel her still on my right side most of the time.

Hi kiam,

Regarding the cord donation ppl, is there any contact? Cos we also like to donate it out to help the needy.

Hi Mummies,

Glad so many of you are looking forward to seeing your babies.

Janice - congrats and have a good rest!!

Re:

Water : Hosp does have hot/boiled water provided for u,therefore not necessary to bring kettle/big bottle of boiled water from home.Furthermore some hosp might have water taps with hot/cold water function.

Hygiene : We definitely can brush teeth/wash face else we'll scare away the visitors/CL/baby with dragon breath. =D

Mrs Chong: well baby at 2.6kg at 35-36weeks. Doc est 3kg come out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I just signed consent form yesterday for donation of cord [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cord blood donation

I am meeting the coordinator this Thursday and will be signing for the form I think.

Hi Jean, you can send them e-mail to tell them your intention and they will call you to further explain and do a simple phone interview first.

Hi Kiam,

I heard before someone will vomit during last term and if got vomit I am sure the weight will have a bit loss. I think it is okay and do not worry too much[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jean, I also feels that my baby is at my right side (near my pelvis), and to my left (near my stomach).. So, I think he is in a digonal position?? Hahahaha!!

So, why donate cord blood? Need to pay??

Hi janice! congratulations to you!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so excited most of the mummies here starting to pop! hee.. tell us ur birthing experience! rest well!

Me also havent bought all my stuff yet. My bb cot is only arriving this weekend. I had my chkup last sat at wk33 and doc say my bb is engage already. wk 35 then do swap test to check for bacteria. i hope she dont pop too soon cuz mummy havent get all her stuff prepared yet!

ML

i have not yet decide when to go for my leave!oops.. cuz wanted to work til i pop as i still have tons of work still unfinish. feel so bad that i may have to leave all the work for my colleagues to follow through while i go ML and NPL.

washing hands/face,

Do we need to use rice wine to mix with boiled water to wash our hands and face? i havent bought the white rice wine yet.

Jean/fynn,

my bb always stretch and kick me in my right side too! sometimes i can feel a little hard lump which i think its the feet. hee.. so cute! everytime she kick hard i will sor sor that area ask her be good. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ssbaby-Think around week 37 your baby should be around 3kg.Pop out early better as we are feeling extremely heavy already,also can faster see our little one.Will you be going for natural or csection?Oh i think you can forget about putting cream on your face as we tried not to touch water too often maybe twice or thrice a day so always try to keep face dry.Me too cannot live without creams but no choice,after delivery go facial lor.

So excited that some of nov mummies had started to pop.This saturday is my gynae appointment,so looking forward.Hope my bb had engaged and increase weight.I had leg cramps suddenly last night,so pain and i shouted.Its normal during 3rd tri.Later im going to drink coconut juice,its inside fridge.Cool cool yummy yummy.I bot 95cent each at shop and save,offer price.Still havent buy my bb shampoo yet which is important think this weekend i will go get the Avent bb body and shampoo.

HI shjean & kiam kiam,

thanks for your contact on cord donation.

I will ask my gynae abt it as well.

twink & fynn,

i can feel the hard lump too, thhinking must be her feet and is diagonal position now. now i can feel her hands or fist on left bottom. just feeling so amazing to be a mummy to be. Sometimes, i will feel abit sensational especially when i though of my late mum.

Hahaha...now while im typing to chat with you guys, my gal also want to be kpo...moving her whole body, and can even see her movement on my tummy.

Better get prepare early to pack the bag. I also half pack. my cot just arrived yesterday. and just ask my hb to paste the wall deco in her room.

washing face and hands with wine and boiled water...I never heard abt it. I think I will just used boiled water in face. Hands maybe i go get hand sanitiser before i handle bb ba.

Little_bb, try not to drink coconut at night.. Will tends to have cramp de.. Drink in the day better... That time I kept having cramps when I drink coconut at night.. Then I stopped and drank in the day, my cramps stopped liao.. Hope it helps! =P

Where you all buy the cot???

Janice: congrats to you!

Seems like it time to be kan chiong le, will start to wash bb clothes tis week, pack n buy misc stuff. Jus seen my gynae n my bb is 36 week at 2.6kg and ready to pop anytime after next week. So excited but scare also dun know can tahan the pain or not.

SHJEAN: My sis told me 1st 2 days in hosp dun really produce milk jus let bb latch on to learn how to suck so i will not b bringing my pump.Some babies dun even drink milk for the 2 days.Btw i nver see my sis put breast pump parts into milk bottle sterilizer for cleaning.

Does anyone knows whether do we have to bring our own formula milk for bb?

I dun think we need to bring FM to hospital. If you like to BF, pls request for FULLY BF upon admission. Then the nurse will bring u the bb whenever is milk time. First few days, agree to let bb latch on even no milk. Bb can take it 3 days without milk or even a few drops.

If formula, hospital will provide. Can even request for sample upon discharge ba.

Bb cot

I bought it from baby kingdom (at kaki bukit shun li industrial - a few shops away from hyper store). Reasonable price. Of cos remember to measure your room door width if you intend to move your cot in/out.

Jean, you purchase the cot with the free baby foam mattress? Hmmm.. I wan to buy latex mattress for baby lei... Can dun wan their free mattress and they charge cheaper??

Fynn-I drank coconut juice in the evening,at night cannot take too cooling stuffs.

Baby cot

I bot mine at baby hyperstore,i think around $468 if im not wrong.It comes with full set.Not sure if dont want the matteress will charge cheaper anot.

Hahaha! Evening time also risky lah.. Cramp very pain de.. Now hubby in overseas so I more conscious.. =P

So bored.. Dunno what to do to pass time.. Haiz..

Back