(2011/08) Aug 2011

felicia,

she just turned 2mths.

want her to finish milk so difficult loh...

takes half an hr to finish...

so i latch faster.

hw old is ur bb?

160ml is a lot! every 3 hrs?

Hi everyone!

My bb is not drinking a lot also..think maybe 100? And also not at one go..my milk supply also not high, just ngam ngam only.

Ice bubbles, just curious, why u want bb to increase feed? But I definitely envy your supply! Hehe..I work very hard also cannot increase one..

Felicia, happy for u that ur weight got drop. Me still same same, drop 0.5kg only..haiz! Really 3rd time round very hard to lose. Think maybe go back work stress will make me drop more..

Sun grapes, I think last time when I feed FM, the poo is also ok, not the really hard type. Think depends on bb and the amount of water and brand of FM probably..

She poo.... Phew ...

Mm I also think 160 is ALot! But she is between 140-160 n yes I m pumping only max 100!!!

Well dunno la I think having a kid is challenging ... Totally!

Pipi how do I join fb-- which threat do I find the organizer?

bluelips,

oh cos she has stretched her milk time at night.

drink at 9 plus wakes at 3 plus for milk then 7plus.

i use doc's formula: bb weight x 150ml / no. of feeds

so she should drink abt 120ml per feed at least for now

i didnt hv much supply for #1, bm day, fm night.

but for #2, excess. heard its always this case.

when i return work, supply sure dip de.

so got to be a bit hardworking now.

felicia,

i can help to add u in the secret grp i think.

pm me ur email addy.

but beware wor, its shopping poison inside.

lots and lots of spree and discounts gng on!

Felicia,

Your bb is indeed drinking quite alot but if the bb can drink, its good.

CJ,

If going by the doc formula, my bb is 5.4kg shd drink 135ml but the limit for her is only 80ml per feed. Haiz.

Actually how much or little the bb wants to drink, it's the bb's call. PD can only advise. Went to PD before to consult on my first bb low milk intake & the doc only suggested mb its milk thrust affecting appetite. As long as bb is healthy & satisfied after feeds, juz let the bb have their way. Forcing the bb to drink will cause reflux, even more sian

Icebubbles, can help add me to the FB group also?

On bb feeding, I tend to agree to just let bb drink however much she wants, as long as the growth is ok. My 2nd one every 3 hour feed only 90-100ml for whole of first year, but her growth is in the 50-75% percentile, so I just have to calm own and let it be even though that time also worrying why drink so little..

Hi mummies,

I am a silent reader of this thread. My girl is currently 8 weeks old and she is my third. Hardly have time to contribute here as I have 3 young kids (the other two are 3 yr old and 2 yr old) and have started working from home. On milk intake, my girl who is on full breast milk is also drinking very little 30ml to 60 ml every hourly to 2 hourly. Always fall asleep while drinking. Tried waking her up to drink but failed. She has been pooing a lot. I was also worried she is not having enough. But yesterday when we saw the pd for her 6 in 1 jab, I am surprised that she is already weighing 6.2kg (born 3.3kg). Totally agreed with Sam, baby knows the best.

On the cost of jab, I paid $135 for the jab. Consultation and paracetamol is another $40.

Sally,

Your bb gain weight v fast leh, my bb was borned 3.5kg & has yet to double her birth weight. She's in the 9th week now

bluelips,

pm me ur email addy.

i help to add u in =)

my bb 9wks old, only 4.8kg (born 2.8kg)

doc say ok,let bb grow at their own pace.

sally,

went pd yest for 6in1 jab and rota virus

paid $800 plus... but its all total package for all jabs.

heartache...

sam,

u bb born on which day?

Haaaa

Wish I m bringing bb to jab soon. The prices are so different! Any one knows which pd near Bishan serangoon is under cad scheme?

Ok I think I super kiasu I weigh my bb weekly haaa n makes sure she puts on at least 1.2 kg

Ice bubbles JIA you!!!

Oh I saw in the bulk purchase page there's this slim down tummy loose weight nuitruous fiber drink I m trying if it good will let u all know.

I m determined to hit 50kg end this mth, 47 end next mth 45kg by Xmas Haaaaa dream dream dream

Sally,

Where u go for the jabs?

I paid 330 for 6in1!

Ur kids age gap so close. Must keep u very busy. Anybody helping u?

Felicia,

Come Xmas eat all the goodies..then new yr, then cny goodies...like that really tough to lose wt.

Haha..I think after cny then I lose. Aw, I'm not working so no rush. My hb say my backside big..I say I dun care. My bb only 2mths old, I am not Victoria secret model.

Sam and icebubbles,

My pd told me as long as bb put on abt 1kg every month, they should be fine. All my kids gained weight very fast in the first 6 months. Compared to her brother (borned 2.9kg and 6.3kg at 8 weeks old) her weight gained is ok.

Sungrapes

My pd is Dr Ong at Aglow (United Square). He don't offer vaccination package. I paid over $1k for vaccination package for my first two (6 in 1 plus rotavirus plus pneumococcal plus flu jabs. They were with Dr Ang Poon Liat at TMC.

I have 2 maids at home now. No help from my mum and MIL. My eldest one just started full day care and my second one attends 1 1/2hr playgroup. Even with 2 maids, I feel so drained everyday.

Talking about weight loss, I am stuck at 47kg (pre pregnancy is abt 44kg). Always feel hungry, how to lose weight. I will start to control my diet when I stop breastfeeding.

Hi mummies,

I have the following Stage 1/2 available for sale

Enfalac A+ HA (900g)

Exp: 16 Jun 2013 - 1 Tin

Price: S$45

Enfalac A+ (900g)

Exp: 25 May 2013/26 Jun 2013/29 Jun 2130 - 05Tins

Price: S$40

S26 Stage 2

900g Exp 21 Jun 2013 - 01 Tin

Price: S$32

400g Exp 19 Jan 2012 / 23 Jun 2013 - 03 Tins

Price: S$36 (S$12 each)

**If purchase all, can let go at S$60.

Similac Stage 2 (400g)

Exp 09 May 2012 - S$12

Interested, please pm me. Thank you.

Hi,

I have a preloved US set medela freestyle pump in good working condition but not for fussy buyers to sell at $250. Used for about one year. Bottles, breastshields and breastshield spare part kit are excluded due to hygiene reasons. Deal good for buyers who are going to replace the parts anyway

The set includes:

Pump body with LCD screen and backlight - used

Rechargeable battery - used

Attractive tote bag - used

1 set of tubing - used

Power cord / charger - used

Removable cooler carrier and cooling element - used

Hands-Free Kit - brand new in bag

Replacement bra adapters (Universal) - brand new in bag

Replacement bra adapters (Hook & Eye) - brand new in bag

Please PM me with your email or hp number if you are interested. Meetup at buona vista/cck/jurong east mrt on weekday evenings. Price is fixed as selling at a loss already Thanks!

Sally,

As a second time mom, I also feel drained most days. Think it's bcos both kids need our attention & I feel there's no ME time anymore.

Sam,

How old is your first child? Do you have anyone to help you?

For me, breastfeeding takes up a lot of my time and energy. Initially, I thought of not breastfeeding my third one. But when I saw her so tiny and fragile, I wanted to give her my best. I hope to breastfeed her for at least 6 months.

My first two also requires a lot of attention from me. I always tell them mummy love them all but mummy need to spend more time with mei mei because she is so small now. I try to spend some individual time with the first two everyday. I still bathe them and put them to bed myself. I really enjoy my individual time with them.

Yes no ME time. I console myself by thinking all these are temporary. Time passes very fast, soon our kids will grow up and we will have our ME time back.

Sally,

My first one is 3yo & quite a attn seeker. My mom helps to look after but she also bz with household chores. My hubby mostly busy with work & studies. So it's me & my 2 girls, luckily & unlucky, my first one loves tv which can entertain her abit. Also feel guilty that I'm spending too much time with the second one. If only, I didn't bf her then mb she won't be so needy

Sam n Sally!

Tell me about no me time! With 1 I kind of start feeling like that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Haaa. I never know how wonderful my mum was till I am in this! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But its nice watching them sleep. When ever I look at my girl sleep I thought to myself. This is why I am going through all these .. When she is crying, I kinda ask myself each time, what did I get myself into hahahahaha...

But yes breast feeding is tough, but I wonder how the villagers an people in the past do it? I thought it is suppoe to be natural, but FM seem so much easier ...

felicia,

is it phythofibre?

i tried before, will cause diahorea,

meant to clean out the toxic and unwanted substance in your body.

u bf? i dunno if it is ok to eat?

mdm izah told me u are very hardworking slimming down. haha she say i too lazy. binder also dun wan to put.

btw, sally and felicia,

added u to the fb secret grp liao =)

sally,

u so thin liao! envy! i still stuck at 52kg...

pre preg 47kg.

Sam,

You are trying your best already. So don't feel guilty. If you don't mind me asking, why did you not place your elder girl in the childcare centre?

Felicia,

yes they are angels when they are sleeping. Haha when all my 3 kids are wailing at the same time, I asked myself the same question.

icebubbles,

I am not thin leh. I am only 157cm. So I am fleshy fleshy. I hate my figure now. Top heavy, inproportionate, so hard to shop for clothes.

Sally,

My eldest already in Childcare, thank god! If not, both my mom & me crazy. The few hours each nite are already v hectic with 2 kids lor

Hehe..I am so gonna hate all of you..I am still over 60kg ok.. I put on like almost 20kg for each preg. Anything i eat goes straight to my hips and thighs, not to the baby. My pre-preg is about 54kg, dunno when only can go back to that weight.

Anyway, I want to complain..primary 1 maths question damn hard. I din realized until I bought some workbooks for my girl for next year. No wonder ppl say need to spend a lot of time once the kids start schooling! As if now very free, where to squeeze some more time out?

Blue lips,

I know what mean abt pri sch.

I am oso dreading it. I saw my niece go thru p1.

But at the same time, I refuse to put my elder thru all sorts of enrichment class, cos I know once he start p1, it will be nonstop for him. Right now, he attends phonics once a wk only.

Sungrapes, agree with you.. I think they should just play more at this age. My girl only attend berries for Chinese as we don't really speak mandarin at home. Think next year will be super busy..

icebubbles: Dun be deceived by the FB profile pic, tt's taken donkey yrs ago. Today I asked my hubby is my hips have grown bigger and he said yes very obvious! &^&&%^&%^%$%#$#

Sorry, may I ask if it is good to send kids to enrichment classes b4 P.1 or we shouldnt send them to such classes at all?

I am just thinking all these enrichment class can be sort of a playground for them to make friends as well as learn something before P.1. I thought it's good cos it will prep them to cope with P.1 work load. Was thinking of sending my kido to music class + phonics/speech and drama.

pipi,

my boy now 3yrs old.

not bringing him to any at the moment.

perhaps abt 5yrs cos i think he's still young, let him enjoy his weekends first.

he is already attending full cc mon to fri liao.

there are kindermusic and gymkidz, speech and drama in sch le.

Enrichment classes:

It's gd to expose them to diff experiences in life. But I feel watever they do must be suitable for their age grp,else u r just wasting ur $. Also do it with an open mind and not to add mre pressure for them to excel in everything.

Academics is one thg,but there r other life skills tats impt as well. If they hv a positive and confident attitude towards life, they will tackle all obstacles head on with a never-say-die approach.

As much as I hate the classroom environment, living in S'pore, it's hard not to conform. I dun know hw this country will be like in 20 yrs time. It is very stifling now. But the world is so big, he can always go out of this country. As long as he is happy and live his life meaningfully. This is what I wish for my children.

Mummies,

Trying to decide between:

Exersaucer: bulky

Walker, those can use as stationary type

Jumperoo

Just thinking which to get. If I get walker I wun let bb use around the hse. I will lock the wheels. I want something to let the bb sit and can entertain himself instead of lying or carry all the time. I can oso use it during feeding time(when weaning or feeding solids next time)

The jumperoo looks fun! But is it worth the $ ?

sungrapes, i hav walker! i heard it isnt good for bb. but my no.1 used the walker and everythin is gd. she can walk at 10mths and i tink it is very gd coz usu girls start walkin slower. so i dun hav anything against walkers, coz tink w a walker, it is easier for the bbsitter.

Nowadays the kids super lucky.

Last time where got such things like exersaucer or jumperoo?

Every trip to the kids dept will leave me wide eyes and jaw drop at all the contraption invented for them.

wow sungrapes: I agree with you. I oso want my kid to grow up independent and dun 'fall down' so easily. Must have the never say die attitude!!

What is Jumperoo? Sorry I am first time mum dunno what it is. I only found out exersaucer is like a stationary walker with lottsa toys for the kido to play with.

When should we buy all these for bb? Let me know k cos I actually went to buy those push walker and scooter for my bb girl and realized she cannot use it till she is 1` yrs old. *blahhh* Too excited being a first time mum!

Jumperoo is similar to exersaucer except its allows the kid to jump lor. Try searching amazon for it, shd be fisher & Price toys if I'm not wrong

Ai yo so sad....... I really dunno what I will do if I m Charmaine mum

Anyway ice blubbles haaa I same height same weight!

Does any mummy's wrist hurt?

felicia,

is it? haha. so qiao.

i am still trying to slim down leh.

tummy gng smaller now cos of mdm izah massage.

i mentioned u to her and she told me u still ask her for massage on and off too?

think ur wrist hurt cos of the posture u carry ur bb. try to use ur arms to support instead of ur wrist.

hee, saw u attend the nex gathering!

i didnt go, cos after massage so oily...

Hi,

I want to give away my tin of mamil gold stage 1 formula. Used only once a few days ago. Expiry date is Oct 2012. If you are interested, pls pm me to arrange for suitable time to collect at either Kovan or Serangoon MRT.

Hi aqua,

Hw u doing?

I oso had walker last time. I even brought the walker downstairs my hse the basketball court for my elder to 'free n easy'. Dam funny thinking abt it, cos a lot of ppl staring at me chasing after my son zooming abt in the walker. He oso had a lot fun cos it's like FREEDOM!

This round tot get jumperoo so bb can jump jump and exercise his legs.

Pipi,

All these bb abt 4mths can use alrdy.

Back