(2011/08) Aug 2011

I just bought a 2nd hand jumperoo few weeks back. It looks really interesting, really hope bb will like it. The mummy who sold to me says can use after about 3.5 to 4 months, I think once the baby's neck is stable..

Hee, I time when I was a first-time mom, I bought this scooter thing from isetan that I ad to wait 2 years before bb can use...;-p

Hello mummies ;) Ai ya yesterday went to eat Mac haaa weight shot up!!!!

I m waiting for bb head to b strong it's still wobbling around....

I think we should meet up since we stay pretty near!

Ice bubbles haaa it's different putting face to name name to nick haaaaaa finally figured out who is who haaaa BTw ur fb pic looks slim la!!!!! Haaa Mdm Izah say we not fat not skinny... Yup ur tummy will slim

I just went to fix my face.. Sign up package with my doc 1 year unlimited facial , laser treatment n peel ...

Wah give birth ex ... Going back where I was even more ex!!

Btw any mummy bought insurance for ur bb? I realise I m such a believer haa my agent ask me to join them-- should I haaaaa

Felicia: You are in Fb already? Hmmm I wonder who. Kekekeke.

Which doc did you sign up for your facial package?

icebubbles: Saw you today but was like a crazy woman trying to look for buyers of enfa...stress!!! Imagine I carried the 12 tins from carpk to function rm...I dun want to carry back to carpark again manz....*sianz*

So exp mummies, is Jumperoo better or walker better...mine is bb girl.

Pipi,

Buy both..haha!

jumperoo is fun..cos u now bbs like to kick their legs,so when they kick they bounce up and down. Funny..

Walker can double up as feeding chair esp if the toys can be dettach. Very portable and if dirty can carry whole walker to the bathrm and hose it.

I hate to clean up feeding mess. So all my hi chairs I remove the cushion. Let bb sit on the plastic seat, dirty just wash whole thg in bathrm.

Blue lips,

This round gg to get all 2nd hand cos I learn my lesson alrdy. Spend so much, use for such a short while only. Not worth it.

Can I ask u the jumperoo seat lining is it very filmsy? Seem like all the pre loved ones, the seat lining is torn according to mummy sellers.

Hi Mummies

Any mummies had already or intending to shave your baby's hair? Is it true that after shaving it will take a longer time to grow back and that the hair will become coarse? At which month do you shave your baby's hair?

felicia,

nice to meet u today!

haha, fb pics are deceiving tat profile pic was taken 5yrs back when i was 43kg!

far cry from now =(

tsquare,

gng to shave my gal's hair soon. either 3mths or 4mths.

no true that after shaving the hair will be coarse.

pipi,

jumperoo only stationary. walker she can move abt.

but i wont get either one.

didnt get walker previously cos heard that walker isnt gd for their legs development.

some babies tend to tip toe. but its convenient for the caregiver

some babies drop hair, so better to shave once and for all.

i am gng to do the brush for her just like for her bro. haha

any mummies here buyin a freezer to store bm before u go back wrk?

i shave my no1. when she was 5 wks, and her hair onli start to grow back nicely when she is 1 yr old. tis time, i m nt shaving no.2 eh.

Hi All

I am a silent reader of this forum. My baby girl just turned 2 months last week and I have a boy of 3 yrs old. I am also feeling fat but lazy to exercise! The tummy can't seems to go down. Hehe..

Aqua: I am not freezing my milk. My MIL doesn't like it. The milk my girl cannot finish, I will pass it to my boy to drink. Hehe..

Baby Cubes for Weaning:

www.babycubes.com

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6220287.jpg]

Mummies, i wanna collate a MOQ for the cubes.. wonder if anyone is keen to get together...

Please PM ME if keen.. thanks!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

icebubbles: I ok to meet up but must be before 15 Nov cos I am returning to work = SIANZZZZ.

Let's meet up before I go back. Hohoho.

Hiah, since this is my #1, seems like I gotto invest in walker and jumperoo. But I think I will invest on jumperoo first cos my cousin will pass me the walker after her bb is tired of it. I even got the playmat with lottsa toys hanging on this semi circle rod from cousin. Kekekekeee....love those pass down/ard items...

I dun think I have met anyone here except icebubbles....heeheeehhh...

Sungrapes: I like your analogy - hate feeding..I know I can imagine what sort of mess the bb will create during feeding time. Yest, my mum's friend came and told me to give bb those bb biscuits when she is teething so that bb wun give me trouble...Dunno what she mean but will ask PD in Dec when I go for the next bb jab.

pipi,

i hv started to let my gal play on the playmat le.

seemslike she is enjoying.

can keep her entertain for a while then i can do my things =)

Pi pi... Moi Felicia in fb ;)

My doc is dr yuen s m at Taka ...

Ice bubbles u look same la pic n life ;)

Hey let's meet up for lunch or something la ;)

icebubbles: Felicia is arranging some meeting at Nex tomr, Mon @ 1pm. wanna join in? wow you so fast buy liaoz...

Felicia: Hahaha I know who you are already after you hint me. Kekeke I shd be going tomr unless anything crops up. See you tomr yah.

Aqua

U mean now ur bm ss so much need to buy freezer?

So good..u can stockup for the time when u return to work.

Bluelips,icebubbles,felicia, all 2nd time mummies,

Today i lost my temper with my #1.

i felt so tired and worn out,i dun feel like talking,coaxing,not even want to scold him.

I just want to gv up the "struggles" of asking him to do thgs

Ike brush teeth,hv dinner,pick up toys etc.

I know its very normal for them to not listen or dilly dally. But really soooo fed up today.

I just shut myself up in the rm..and ignored him even when he keep calling me mummy.

Now i feel so bad.

sungrapes,

i totally understand hw u feel.

lost temper w my boy quite a few times too.

sometimes i just keep quiet and ignore him

no point repeating and repeating when he doesnt want to listen.

i do my own things and cool down first.

then he will guai guai listen to me after that.

i lost temper w my hubby instead today. i shouted him to wake up this afternoon cos i couldnt take it anymore.

#2 awake for whole noon time wailing away if not carried, #1 sleep halfway wet his pants need to change and there he was, sleeping.

was busy the whole day cooking and feeding the 2 kids so tired...

sometimes i was thinking, y wanna hv #2...

Can I just conclude that majority of the guys are lazy and "geng". When we are busy/carrying newborns, they pretend to come and check bb out. When we seriously need them to carry bb, they will either be in front of the computer/tv/iphone or simply sleep! What's makes things worse is some guys really have nut/pea as brain...cos they leave us hm taking care of bb while they go out for some drinks w friends!

As for me, maybe all these stories make me wanna have confinement nanny, and maid and all sorts of help which I need. I dun want to stress myself up over my first bb.

We are lucky we have each other in this forum. I know someone who ended up in divorce after bb was born ard 8-9 mths later. So saddd right? All b/c hubby didn't help her out and she was super stressed and depressed.

I always wonder, what will happen if we leave our hubby taking care of bb w/o any help? Maybe they will learn their lesson when we toughen up our heart to let go & let them take care of bb?

PS: My hubby is the in front of TV/computer sort. I usually need to yell for help or shut up and ignore him before he wakes up from his fantasy land.

sungrapes, my ss is enuff for bb now, but tinkin of freezing excess so tht i can keep for her when i go back wrk. but looks like nt ideal unless i buy a freezer specially for BM and i dunwan, coz no intention to bf so long. and furthermore, frozen bm got strong fishy smell, then i would prf bb take FM.

PIPI, MY hb is very hands-on when we have no.1, and he can look after bb, feed, change nappy or shower etc. but w no.2 arrival, he got a maid for me liao, so he basically 'wash hands' , onli help out one milk feed. sometimes, when i carry bb till handache, then i have to shout for him to help.coz maid also mus do hsewrk, and if i am on maternity leave, i try take care bb if possible.

Icebubbles,

Sigh..exactly hw i feel!..... repeating sooo many times but just no reaction. The whole day im hearing my own voice on different volume settings!

Evthg i ask him to do, he say "no". I want to be "loving, tender, nurturing" all these very hard to do at that moment. All i can think of is a big,huge WHY? Then i look at #2, and im like oh shit, i gotta go thru it all over again!

On the topic of men is nv ending...they just simply cannot make it. They can only IMPROVE, but still cannot make it when it comes to childcare. Men exist just to procreate, we need their sperm to make bbs. Thats all..

Mine oso sama sama..he will carry bb for 1minute,when the bb make eh eh sounds, he will dump in the bouncer and disappear. So in the end, who gotta take over? Me lor!

He nv bottle feed both my boys ever! Amd he says he doesnt wanna do it.

I tell my elder boy, when daddy is home,look for him, dun look for me. And yes, pipi, he goes drinking with his frends alrdy 2 nites in a row. So i make sure he does his share in the daytime like send,pick boy to sch. Last nite, he ask me wanna go for movie..i turn and gv him my poison stare. There is no way i can go and he knows that! So he just doing lip svc..drives me crazy.

I oso wish i can "wash hands". But i cant imagine leaving my two darlings with him..i dun now what will happen. The elder is 5 yo, so still ok. But infant, cannot!

Oh yah! The best thg is, still expect the wife to look GOOD like models.

WHERE GOT TIME??

sungrapes and pipi,

totally agree!

i nv tot other hubbies sama sama like mine!

we all need pats on our back.

jia you! mummies are wei da!

we can make it de!

Sungrapes , pipi n icebubb,jiayou! Mummies all v Weida, pls take care of urself too. Tis time round, I more Bo chap as compared to first bb so I m nt as stressed! N also I hardly demand my hb help, more or less he is in auto mode. Takes time to Train ur man slowly. ..

If stress, pls try seek Parents help for a day n go out for some 'me' time

Hi, mummies who r doing massage by Mdm Izah, how much is it and for how long? How many days muz we do?

Sigh, still have a stubborn tummy & haven started doing sit-ups as so tired taking care of bb...

TIA~

Sorry to disturb... this might interest some of you on the go.

this is what you need to bring along with your baby!

For only $16!!! was $19.90 with FREE POSTAGE

Other designs available too. PM me for details

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6247072.jpg]

Dear mummies, pls help to like this page if you wish to sell/buy 2nd hand baby items here. We need more likers in order for this platform to work. I believe most of you sell used items in forum before. This is just an another platform to serve buyers and sellers for this purpose. Please LIKE the page and read more http://www.facebook.com/2ndhandmarketplace

Thanks!!

Are all the mummies here busy losing wt ?

No time to chat here?

Sch holidays coming soon...sweating liao.!

hihi, sorry so long MIA..been super busy. How's everyone doing? I went to msia during Deepavali week, then when come back straightaway go back to work. After 4 days of working, super shag..no joke man, can barely wake up every morning to go to work. Then rush home again in the evening to feed baby.

Think now baby more responsive and can play more..getting more fun, but I need to go back to work already.

I was just in the FB thread, that place moving too fast to catch up. But think i am getting suck into all the poison buying also, so tempting..

Hehe..weight stagnant still..:p

Hi All

Can I check if your baby is drinking well? My baby is currently week 11 and is drinking very slowly, sometimes like playing the teat. We can take up to an hour to feed her and still cannot finish her milk. She is drinking 120ml. This thing has happened for over a week and am losing patience. Anyone knows if there is any reason?

Hi swirl,

This is the struggles of motherhood!

Bbs are different each day and has phases.

Is the teat size too small?

She might not be hungry yet. Try stretching the hrs between feeds.

Does she fuss during feeds?

Hi

I'm Aug mum too. Nt active at dis thread but would wanf to join the FB secret gang :p Can someone add me? My name is 'Farudin Faezah Humaira Haqq'. Paiseh name kinda long :p

Thank you!

Hi Sungrapes

Indeed diff babies are diff.I don't have such issue with my #1.

The teat size is for less than 6m and hv been using it since day 1. She will fuss around during feed. What does that mean?

Swirl,

For both my kids, they have reflux. So very used to fussing during feeds. Makes alot of grunting sounds and arching their backs during feeds. For ur case, not sure. Colick?

But reflux will go off as they grow older..

Colick oso...

So actually for us, we jus have to bear with it and make the best out of it. Unless u think is a medical problem then hv it chk out so we will hv peace of mind. Other then that, just tahan abit.

I dun know what brand bottles u using. Last time for my 1st boy, i spent a small fortune on different bottles. Finally found that the dr Brown brand the best, its oso the most expensive..but for my 2nd bb nw, he doesnt like this bottle.

So really diff bbs, diff pattern.

Just saw pict of Orlando Bloom carrying his bb in an Ergo carrier.....cute cute cute...cant decide who is cuter..dad or baby.

sungrapes,

u are so funny loh.

must be the father cuter. haha

mummies,

sry been mia for some time cos busy settling the fb spree stuff. finally closed all orders.

all wallet bleeding like mad liao. haha

Hi Sungrapes

I am using NUK but don't think it's e bottle / teat.Anyway she is drinking better now.like u say,just be patient and hope it will get better each day.

Too bad ang moh dun like me..else my bb will be very cute ang moh kia. My boys typical cheena, eyes small small, no double eyelid..like Rain.

Swirl,

My elder by 4mo reflux gone. So cross finger, im hoping my bb oso get well by then.

Back