(2011/08) Aug 2011

icebubbles: yah ntuc no discount for mamy poko and huggies nw. ***disappointed***I will just wait for the promo and cheong for it.

My bb gal's butt seems to grow bigger although her weight is lower than most bb in our forum. Just hope I can finish using all the S size soon else wasted.

I am buying leg warmers from SMH BP. I think quite worth it ard $3/ pair. Unless you got cheaper lo bang - tell me! The other day I went Nex, one of the children clothing shop and they sold leg warmer @ 12.90! Wow piang!

Hello mummies!!!

Life took over for a while my bb was crying so much I decided I have to work so I went. I feel bad as a mummy actually. My bb is pretty simple.

She sucks any bottle, drinks any milk, sleeps thr noise. N cries only when she wants something. Even when tummy ache she cried eh eh that's it though the head is cold I'm sweat... But I still find her crying too much n I m so bored at home!

Anyway it's been a while I see the post! Haaa after I took ebm fr my gf I chOse not to give. Took fernrgrek instead ;)

I wonder at what age should we start training bb..

BTw if anyone wants to go nex count me in!

Felicia - why dun you join FB? At least you can tok to many mummies. Cos sometimes I oso nvr come in here if I am too "busy"...

Bluelips, how r u coping w 3 girls? I juz sent my elder bac to sch aft 1 mth break n she cryin like mad daily. Onli 1 week she is coughing liao, sighs

R u still doing the massage? Meili session is super painful hor, I hope I can see gd results in 1 nth. How abt u? Jiayou

Pipi... yup how to join facebook?

aqua... i miss mei li la.. been so busy... my life is taking 180 degree change haa... mum left for work in china for 4 yrs....

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Aqua, I am still ok. My 2 elder one got quite a set routine, so they are easier to handle. Only problem is I don't have as much time to spent with them. Last time, night still got read story books, now only occasionally.

This baby more demanding than the other 2.. Want ppl with her most of the time, and cry until no voice if you don't carry her.

Your elder one maybe still need time to adjust, especially with new baby. I am quite lucky in the sense that my 2 girls love school, so first day itself I already throw them there and go home..

Actually a lot of kids sick now cos the weather really not good, so easy to pass on the virus especially in school.

Just did my 3rd session with Mei Li on Monday. Painful lor, and got bruises. But think to lose weight still need to control food, so I haven't seen any weight loss. Think maybe the thigh a bit more firm? Hahaha...or maybe I just want to think is more firm..I never measure before and after..

Felicia, wah, your mom really career woman, 4 years very long leh..who is looking after baby for you?

Aqua, when are u going back to work?

Bluelips I going bac office in dec, I also dare nt measure coz I dunwan to know the truth! Haha, but confirm some water loss coz my watch wristband looser. But lower body still flab

Felicia Meili is so busy, hard to book her time. I v happy see her yet v scare coz v painful n I super low painlevel.

Hw come you all going wrk so fast? Onli take 2 mth maternity leave?

blue lips...haaa must measure one!!! It keeps you going.

My bb is one challenge haaa.. I usually confrint things face on, so when mum says she going i was very supportive thinking if farmer can farm n bring kids up so can i [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i surender that day... she cried till i cried... hubby so sweet came home earlier... i suspect my bb knows i cant handle so testing my patience,... she is an angel with pp around. she sleeps. with me alone she cries...

anyway once a week i got my in laws to come help me n i go out to work. the rest of the time i go shopping with bb. she loves sleeping outside some how [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my work is own time own target so ok... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I very long never see mei li... only seen her 4 times... argh....I cant fit in to any of my old pants [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I take 12 weeks..super fast pass..going back work nov.. Sianz! Not so easy to juggle the time then.

My bb when cry, I just let her suckle, cos I cannot stand...hehe..cowardly but works. Anyway, also cos I think later go back to work she won't have such luxury anymore, so just give while I am still around.

Mei Li says a lot of encouraging things throughout the session, that's why the time pass very fast during the massage.

Felicia, if bb cries a lot during same time, maybe u want to check whether got colic..my first girl had it bad and that time I blur blur first time mother thought she is just being naughty.

Felicia/Bluelips - To join FB, pls look for Carole Leong-Ng and ask her to add you to EDD Aug mummies.

Wedding band:

I just tried my wedding band today. It got stuck and I nearly can't pulled it out. I rushed to the kitchen and put dish washing liquid to rub it out. And my maid was quietly laughing at me. hmph, makes me feel so stupid! Then I took my hubby's ring to wear...wowwww. fits me just nice! Shit my finger is now MEN SIZE!

Clothes:

None of my pre preg clothes fits me. My wardrobe of clothes...I was just thinking what to do with it yest. Told my hubby I am going to sell it off cos some of them are branded.

Heels:

My cabinet of heels are now all 1 to 1.5 size smaller. Heng I din buy any heels when preggy! Else I will only be able to see and not touch..

Work/Office:

I am heading back to work in Nov = SUPER SIANZ. Just when I am enjoying my 'mini holi', everything will chg soon! Hiah, sad thing is I will work long hrs once I return to work, and won't get to interact with bb much till weekends. (weekday at parent's pl) Going to miss my notty bunny!

THE NEW ME:

Anyone going shopping for new working wear/heels yet? I think I will go in late Oct. Is Oct exams season? I dun want to squeeze w crowds. I want to be able to get into fitting rm w/o Q-ing.

I have't cut or do anything to my hair too...maybe should make appt to cut and do something to my hair before going bk and look like O-ba-san! Haaahahaha...can't imagine what my colleagues will say when they see me? FAT or FATTER? Hiahzz....

Tok to you guys again tomr. Enjoy!!

Pipi, I wan rebond my hair, cut fringe n look younger. But mos likely in nov! Now everyday tie hair like aunt, no pt do rebond

Bluelips,

You mentioned your first born was colicky. I suspect my girl is too cos she tends to b vv fussy at nite. And she's a super light sleeper. Are colic bb light sleepers?

Hi

I'm at a lost. I gv birth to my son on 19 Aug & dat makes him 1mth+ baby (can't track hw many wks :p).

I've been TBF him all this while. However, i feel dat my supply seems nt enuf for him as he keeps waking up. Therefore was thinkg of supplement him with fm. Main prob, he rejects fm, & even ebm! I tried changing the teats; frm Nuk silicone to latex to Pigeon's but he still rejects. He only wants to direct latch.

Can someone pls advice on what i can do? I tried gvg him when he's really hungry but he still rejects. I'm totally lost now. He's hungry but my milk supply is low. He rejects fm. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi all,

My bb daytime sleep very well. But nite time frm 8-11pm eyes big big. Hmm..he's not colicky but just doesn't wanna sleep. Is it another symptom of colic? I read that some bb's will confuse day and nite.

Hmm..last time I rebonded my hair and during the 4th mth, my hair started falling and the new grown hair sticking out..very weird looking. Maybe shouldnt rebond yet.

Felicia,

U work only once a wk?

Pipi,

Sounds like u gg be wkend parent? Work long hrs will be too tired to play with bb oso.

Hmm..really salute to working mums.

Sungrapes,

Think your bb sleeps too well in daytime, as a result not sleepy at nite. This happen to my eldest too, I tried to keep her awake during the day so tt she's tired at nite

My hair also the cannot go out and see ppl kind. I already make appointment to go for perm Tuesday. Hopefully turn out ok. Also going to colour it on next sat. Maybe will look a bit better, at least from the head up...;p

Sam, for colic normally starts around week 3 and can last till 3 months. Check the baby stomach to see if got wind, nby tapping. If u are not sure how, see whether u can ask anyone who knows to show you. The baby cries will be a bit different from the hungry kind. It will be loud and piercing as she is in pain. Also, look at both the legs, when she is in pain, both the legs will clenched up towards the stomach. Actually, if your baby is the easy to burp kind, probably may not have colic. My first girl totally like cannot burp, that's why accumulate a lot of wind in the stomach.

If really colic, might want to get doc to check and give med. Doc will give some rid wind med to put in the milk or just give orally. After feeding, hold the baby upright or sleep with a wedge pillow to be more comfy.

Beeswax, give the baby milk when he's not so hungry and almost asleep or sleepy. Is easier.. Bb will totally reject bottle or new teats when they are very hungry and will just cry and cry until u latch them on. Then drink a bit, fall asleep and wake up to drink again. I also tried many many teats before found one that's ok. I finally use the NUK premium one with the bigger base - the baby mouth have to open bigger so feel more like suckling the breast. I used the smallest hole latex teat.

Forgot to tell u, one other thing u can try is let bb suckle at the breast, the when almost asleep or finish, slowly ease the teat into the mouth, and still keeping baby close to your body...

On sleeping, I think bb just need more time to adjust, they are really quite small now still..after a while will be able to tell btwn day and night. Daytime I let bb nap in open space, not dark. Night time totally dark on the bed (co-sleeping with me) with small bed light and very quiet.

Bluelips

Thanks so much for the advice. Really appreciate it.

I guess my bb gt frustrated as i gv him bottle when he's very hungry :p In the end, both of us gt frustrated. Heee.

Guess i gotta experiment with the teats. No wonder they say, every bb is dif, as i didnt hv prob wif my 1st one. I'll post here again if i still didnt manage to do it.

Thanks again! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bluelips,

Thanks for the adv. My bb actually farts alot so Im not sure is she has wind. Dunno why fm wk 7 onwards, she totally changed & become super light sleeper. Even during daytime, she takes half hour or 1hr nap & likes to b carried to sleep. Not sure if it's due to colic or that she's bf.

Bluelips

Thanks so much for the advice. Really appreciate it.

I guess my bb gt frustrated as i gv him bottle when he's very hungry :p In the end, both of us gt frustrated. Heee.

Guess i gotta experiment with the teats. No wonder they say, every bb is dif, as i didnt hv prob wif my 1st one. I'll post here again if i still didnt manage to do it.

Thanks again! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Beesewax and sam,

You are welcome..just sharing what I went through..hopefully will help. Every baby really diff, my 3rd one already and I am still learning. Only thing is probably dont't panic so much now..hehe..

Btw Sam, if bb is farting, I don't think is colic. My bb also like to be carried a lot and is lit sleeper in the day. At night, she will sleep long long hours.

Hello...

I dun think my bb is colic cos her tummy feels soft... Hmm what are the symptoms?

I also think my bf not enough. .. I can only pump out 90ml -115 ml every 2-3 hrs. How much does ur 8week bb drink? Mine 80-150ml

Haaa I salute full time stay home mums;) looking after bb for 8 weeks I m doing funny things like dying hair which I have never done so, going randomly for job interviews cos I m so bored at home, cleaning my storeroom!

I think my life really has change n it is for life ... Haaa

OMG! I paid $400+ for bb 6in1 vacc and chkup yesterday!!

Next time my boys grow up ask them either be gynae or PD!

Sam,

My bb is like that at nite cannot settle.down well. Keep eheheh sounds and wanna be carried. So my mil will carry her and watch Taiwanese serial *faints*.

But I can't do much cos my elder oso needs me at nite.

Smtimes, I will gv him some gripe water. I find it helps abit. U can try?

Job interview

Haven gone for 1 in the last 15yrs.

Dun even know where I keep my certs anymore.

Aqua: I am going to cut my hair on 24 Oct (Mon), do some treatment and see what else my stylists wanna do to my hair. BUT will keep it long for sure cos it was short last yr. Hahaha FRESH CHANGE!

Sungrapes: Yep most probably I will be a weekend parent w hubby. No choice, cos both of us work v late. My hubby is actually worse off than me...but after preggy he tries to come bk hm early AND continue to work from home!!! As for me, standard coming hm time shd be 8pm (meaning 8pm step out of office). By the time I rushed back to my parents' pl for dinner and play with bb...so late liaoz..

That's why sometimes I cannot help but dislike our 'gah-ment'! Why dun they just fiaking promote PRO FAMILY office environment (ie: work life balance - 5-6pm knock off, have proper nursing room) and stop complaining that 30,000 migrants need to come into SG yearly b/c SGeans are not producing enuff! ok, I sound like I super anti our gah-ment. Actually I think there are some things which our gah ment can do better to match world class standards. We ASIANS are so "pai mia", everyone works late, later, latest! Japan, HK are all the "pia kia"....make the whole asia work long hrs like them.

Sungrapes: I paid ard $360 for 6+1 and pneumoccocal + rotavirus leh. But I did it at KKH lah. I dun like long waiting time so avoided private PD and poly clinics. KKH is quite fast as long as u turn up on time.

I wanna go for job interviews too but then I think abt it again - better not cos economy no good nw leh. If kenna retrenched @ new company, cannot get a single month. Just stay here...at least get retrenched, can get a few months. Kekeke.

I wanted to tell you guys on my final journey with Expressions.

Total I lost the most on my upper thigh which is about 1.5cm. The least I lost should be my arm, which is about 0.4cm.

Actually those of you who are thinking of signing up with slimming center, I can only frankly tell you its a waste of $. Why? B/c slimming center will only tell you they do firming for you and break down the fats BUT that does not equal to LOSE WEIGHT. When I asked them how to make my weight go down, they say I gotto chg my diet. So during my Expression journey, I dun take rice during dinner, only proteins (like veg, fish, meat - and all are steam, boiled or light stir fry) My weight did go down by around 1.2kg in total during the Expression journey.

If you guys are signing up with slimming centre - I suggest you check how they run their package (eg: do front part of body = 1 session or whole body(front and back) = 1 session) And check if the consultant has tested the machines personally, cos if they didn't even try, how will they know if it's good or workable? No matter how slim a lady is, she will still have cellulite so dun ever believe a consultant who says she doesn't need. It's BS.

If you guys wanna try Expression, I suggest you dun get any package from JIA HUI who is the main consultant for Bt Timah, Orchard, Thomson. I find that she hard sell alot, dunno her products v well (all she can tell me is the supplier said tt to her!?!?!), nvr tried her company's products/machines, always avoid answering my qns and sell another product/package to me. She is very good at sweet talking so if you are not mentally strong enuff, you will be easily swayed by her 'sweet talking'. be careful!

Why I went to expression?My hubby had a package with them which cost 5K. He didn't complete the course cos there was some damage done and he needed to go to the doctor in the end. I decided to complete his package since they are popular for slimming. Final verdict on Expression: I dun like their service cos different therapists do slimming for you everytime. Although its 1 pax/rm, their room actually has 3 beds inside. Looks v untidy.

Hi Mummies

Anyone let your baby sleep in sarong?

My baby is 7 weeks old and start to stay awake after feed.

Unlike in the past, he would zzz after feed so I never pat him to sleep.

Now no matter how I pat him, he will cry out loud unless I put him in the yao lan. I started yaolan 2 weeks ago.

Now at night I have problem putting him to sleep unless he latch till zzz.

Mummies, any solution?

Sungrapes, how come so ex? I took bb to jab 6-in-1 and rotavirus on Friday also, paid $255 total. I gave birth at Thomson and the pediactrician is dr. Ang, but I din go back to him as always a lot of ppl. I went to the PD near my place and no queue one.

Did ur bb get fever? Mine got fever for one day and night but mild one up to 38 degrees, so din give med, just sponge her only.

Btw, my PD says the pneumococcal can delay jab to month 7, 9 and 1 year if bb not going to infant care. So I am going to delay the jab as really dread that one.. If your older kid has already jab, will not pass on to the younger one - that's according to one of my previous PD.

Pipi, totally agree, Singapore work culture totally bad for family life.. And like getting worse! Really no time and have to rely on maids, parents and parents-in-laws if want to have kids. Either that or give up work..

Hello Bluelips, Sungrapes & Pipi Mummies

Can i ask if the amount you paid is the package amount or for individual Jabs?

tsquare,

the jabs were $330.

the rest were for consultation and medication, panadol,zantac and neoderm for his rashes. so add up $400+.

bluelips,

i very lazy to source for another PD. then wanted to do it at poly, but the feedback very bad (which i kinda expected anyways).

u know bbs alot of funny funny pattern during their 1st years. since my old PD is gd, then might as well stick to her, tho i knew she is quite ex. claim frm CDA loh..

who is feeding FM here?

need to chk on stool consistency.

mine is still watery ( like still drinking BM like that).

PD say supposed to have some 'form'.

Bluelips, think my bb is spolit with carrying from all the bf. Seriously regret latch on. I pump for the first one & she's v independent. Seldom need to carry & can sleep v soundly.

Sungrapes, at least your mil help you carry. Mine likes my mom & me carry only.

Bunny b, my ger exactly like yours. Turned light sleeper & had difficulty napping since 7 wk. Havent found THE cure yet, hope it's not long term cos my mom will have hard time after I gone back to work

Hmmm..think mine also spoilt. Is the carry to sleep or latch to sleep type also. The last two, when I went back to work, will turn to pet-to-sleep as I don't have a yao LAN. I tried introducing a pacifier but so far all 3 also reject. Think I am not doing it right. One of my friend says pacifier must train one?

I think bf bb dun like pacifier, at least mine dun. My elder one loves the pacifier & yao lan when she was a bb. Who said second time moms have an easier time?

Hello!

Sungrapes I have started bb on fm once a day since last Friday, after a major less liquid but still watery poo, she stopped since sat evening!

Anyone any idea when should I bring her to the doc? Mine stops pooing each time she goes on a 1day feel ...

This daily/weekly change of patterns is driving me crazy... Sigh

Pipi, u will b thankful for the breaking down of cellulites cos it shapes the body up ;) my trick is to break down cellulitues then loose weight then cellulites again ;) that why I chose meili where the cellulitues breaking process is cheaper than sliming centres then on my own slim down, finally I will go centres to shape up ;) JIA you!!!! ------ JIA hui is a horrible consultant ;) I met her 10yr ago.. Was a student she was at summerset(then), she sent me out of the shop saying I m too fat n hinted no money to do treatments!!!!

Well it's true I was 75kg haaaa but what she said spurred me on, i went on that method but i went marie france, over 6 years i became 45kg...so haaa this is my 2nd round losin weight.... Another painful journey... Good news, I m now 53, came down fr 58 when I complained to all of you.

Pi pi also because I went to sliming centres before, now my waist line comes back more easily...

All mummies help... How much milk do you pump each day, per 3hr how much n bb is taking how much per feed? I m so worried for mine cos hers keep changing.

Hi mummies, any idea how to stop milk ss? I'm returning to work soon n m trying to. My pump drop from 5, 6 times a day to 4 times. Pumping usually 15 mins drop to 5 mins. But my nehs r damn painful. Is there a safe medicine in the market to stop milk ss?

felicia,

jia you on slimming down!

mdm izah is coming tomor to do massage for me

hope she can rub off my water retention and tone down my big tummy...

been pumping 150 to 180ml per 3hrs

bb drinking 110ml per 3hrs.

seems very little. wanna increase but she cant finish.

pipi,

u so slim liao loh. think i should be the one gng slimming centre ah.

u gng mass gathering?

bluelips,

my gal keep spitting out pacifier intially

need to hold it for her till she suck tight

its my life saviour!

if not, need to carry her to sleep.

Eliane my mum a nurse told me never to use pill i forgot y,,, someone told me too.

Ice bubbles u blessed woman! My bb drinking 160 I pumping 100!!!!! I dunno where to find the 60. How old is she?

Use formulae she dun wan to poo!!!! Ya I jai youing my losing weight!

Back