(2011/08) Aug 2011

Mrs Elaine Loh

My frend suggested using a breast shell to collect precious bm when it's leaking.

U can pump out frm the other breast so wun b engorged?

Sungrapes where to get this breast shell? Does it work when I bf lying down? I hope this can help me

I din wan to pump cos I wanted 100% latch on. BB is abit confused now. Hmm... I see how

Hi...

I m taking this su ho wan every morning now...n I pump bm for my bb either b4 or after a few hrs..so far ok.

Mummies,

My bb being crying for milk every 2hrs n I feeding him abt 90ml per feeding...it is normal for that?? Sometimes I will try tap him slp den try to push e timing to 3hrs...

Hi mummies,

I got 3 pigeon bm storage bottles and 1box of open bm storage bag (use only few pc) to let go at $10 for both.

Email / pm me if u keen...

Postage at own cost or self collect at lavender mrt

My frend is using the avert brand.

I nv use before.

Maybe u can take a look online and c if it will be useful for u.

Sorry...is AVENT.

Ok mummies,

I'm off to deliver my ds2 NOW by csect.

Will update ASAP.

Finally, waited till this day.

I'm feeling nervous,,hope bb will be born healthy.

congrats, sungrapes! awaiting ur good news later.

do update us. i am also anxious, my nex checkup is thur, most likely will csect tht day or fri coz las week , gynae commented bb weight 3.2kg and head still v high [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].

in that case, i tink no pt waiting

Hello mummies,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I was previously from Dec '11 MTB group.

I have a brand new set of Ameda Purely Yours breast pump (US set - w/o local warranty) to let go which I purchased earlier before my miscarriage. Now I have no use to it & would like to sell it off.

Interested mummies who like to take over, kindly please PM or email me at: [email protected] ya.

Thanks.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5896042.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5896043.jpg]

Dear mummies and mummies-to-be,

I am from the dec 11 thread and looking for a reasonably priced and good pre&post-natal masseur. Starting to have sores all over and wish to book one before I forget :p Anyone has one to recommend? pls pm me... thanks!

Hello mummies,

I hope everyone here have a smooth delivery!

I am mother of 3 and all of them are breastfeed babies. I understand the stress of breastfeeding including worries about milk production.

I do dual breast pump rental in a reasonable price. You can choose to rent as low as one week.

Happy expressing and we all try our best for our babies!

Interested please pm me

Lol burst out laughing on hb giving magazine to wife during labour!! Asking for trouble!

2nd time mummies: usually which of the 3 signs occur most frequently? Gynae told me to watch out for intense frequent contractions, bleeding, water breaking.

For contraction said it's like mensus cramp n since I get backaches more than mensus cramp she said sign will be v bad backaches which is hard to pinpoint right.

Water breaking some say gentle drizzle, some say sudden gush?

Anyone having like stabbing movements below tummy, ard the front pubic area? Is it becuz bb head down already? It's rather disturbing.

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt.

I have a pre-loved brestfriend breastfeeding pillow for sale. 8/10 condition.

Kindly PM or email me at [email protected] if any of you are interested.

To those who have delivered, congrats! And to those who are delivering soon, u all can do it! ;)

Hi all..

I am almost 39 weeks but baby not yet engaged.. Can i go into labor without the baby being engaged?? Hoping not to c-sec..

Hi babylamb,

I oso gv birth my bb on 39 weeks and I was induced. I took 14.5 hrs for labour. Fm this experienced I would suggest u wait. My bb was in Icu cos of long labour wif epi mainly I was fever aft epi.

This is my exp for ur referrence.

Hi Mummies there,

I have two questions

1) My 9 months old baby this 2 days took 8pieces of cordyceps which is boil with his porridege, is that too much for him and is it suitable for infant like his age to take cordyceps?

2) My 3 years old boy got sinus and lung snesitive tentively cough often and fall sick, his situation can take cordyceps?

If like my infant take too much will cause any side effect?

Hi mummies

My bb boy is delivered on 16th by csect, wt 2.7kg and so far so gd. I had epidural and my dh was with me during the op. Only not so gd news..my gynae said my uterus was very thin and lucky I did not try vbac. She had to spent more time to repair my uterus,watever that meant..will ask her in detail when I get a chance. This time the csect wound hurts more once the painkiller wears off.. So painful till I woke up in tears and gotta beg the nurse for stronger meds.

Now, I'm still in hospital enjoying my last moment of peace and quiet before the chaos once I get home.

Bb is latching on real well and he juz got circumcised yesterday as well.

I'm still not allowed to walk yet cos of my weak uterus but shd be able to remove the cathera by this morning after doc c me again. My bum so numb frm being in bed 2 whole days. Oh yes, can sense that cough coming..think it's the air con.

Gd luck to the rest of the mummies! God bless!

Hi everyone,

Have been reading the posts silently. Currently I'm in my 39weeks. Baby head is down but not sure if engaged. Will see doc later. Started my ML this week n just sit at home to wait. Terrible waste of time actually. But at least sPend more time with no.1 before baby 2 comes out.

Sungrapes, I'm thinking of circumcising my son too. Had intention of doing it while he's in hospital, so at least the nurses are there to take care. But spoke to a PD, who discouraged me to do it so fast. May I ask which hospital are u at now? And which PD did it for your son?

Hi Hi

Sorry to interrupt this thread, can I check if anyone taking confinement lady from GPLS? Are they able to provide the confinement lady as they promise they have been some issue with their license with MOM?

For your advice please. Thank you

Cheers

"May All mummies have safe and smooth delivery"

Sungrapes! Congrats!

How many wks r u when c sec? 2.7 kg small bb?

Happy for u bb latching n all going well.

How soon then Can get out of bed?

Hope u recover soon. Do rest more.

Hi all!

Gilera

I was 38wks2days when I had the csect.

Bb average size. I'm small size so bb wun be very big type. My ds1 wt was 2.9kg.

2day is last nite at the hospital and I finally able to get out of bed. As long as take painkillers on time, the pain is quite manageable.

My breast are engorged today but lucky my bb willing to suckle.

WL,

I'm at TMC.

Same thinking as you. I circumcise my bb so that at least the nurses can help to take care and oso the PD will chk during her routine visits.

Itz done by PD urologist dr cheah siew ling (think is this spelling, can chk for u when I get home). He is frm gleneagles.my ds1 oso done by him.

I intend to circumcise my boy too. Gd point that do all before returning home.

Pls dun forget us graduated mummies!!! All after pop busy Liao

rest well at home n must plan for full month oredi!

Hi sungrapes,

Thank u for answering my questions despite the fact that you are still in recovery mode. Really appreciate it. Don wPeru abt the doctor's name. I managed to google her. Think it's the right one. Will call the clinic later.

Take good care of yourself!

hi sungrapes,

can share what kind of special care do we hv to take note aft bb circumcise?

TQ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sungrapes, I delivered my bb ger on 18,nw reportage fr mr a.secondtime csection. Is nt as painful. But my tummy v bloated !s it norm ? Hav a smooth delivery to rest of mummies

Is it normal to hv pain killers after delivery so we can still function? Even for csec n natural?

Safe for bf? Usually take for how long?

Gileria, today my third day, I still takin painkiller. It is safe for breastfeedg, dunworry! I think natural no need!

Aqua,

Congrats!!

I have low pain threshold,I feel both oso pain. Juz that 2nd time I noe what to expect so less unpleasant surprises. Maybe u feel the same way. Did u go for epidural or GA?

Glad to hear both mum and bb doing well. Nw onwards to the next challenge...Bfg!

WL,

Ermm..the doc is a male.

Yah I noe,his name very girl. he was referred to me by my PD. U can get ur bb's PD to refer 1 to u. The urologist will go to the hospital u staying and do it for ur bb there..instead of u bringing bb to another doc after discharge..save u a lot of trouble and time.

Cutie,

No special care..juz keep it dry.

Can bath and wear diaper like normal.

It's the ring type call plastibell. Will drop off after a wk.

Gilera

Pain killers is a must!

I experienced the pain when the painkiller wore off and I was crying ,begging for the drip. It's a stabbing sharp pain deep all the way thru to the inside.

I got extra frm the doc and take it every 8 hourly regliously. I dun wanna feel the pain!!!

Aqua,

Wat pain killer u taking?

I'm taking tramadol and panadol together.

Cutie

Sungrapes,my bf career v sad, bb din suckle well n make my nipples hurt n sore! Reali wan giv up! My no.1 was so much easier in terms feeding bm fm! Today Thursday, doc never giv painkillers, still some pain when I bend, but bearable. My painkiller is the blue color one, nt sure name. Tomolo finally go Hme n look forward a gd sleep

Sungrapes,my bf career v sad, bb din suckle well n make my nipples hurt n sore! Reali wan giv up! My no.1 was so much easier in terms feeding bm fm! Today Thursday, doc never giv painkillers, still some pain when I bend, but bearable. My painkiller is the blue color one, nt sure name. Tomolo finally go Hme n look forward a gd sleep

I m on GA, me a big coward! This time recovery faster like u day, we expect way next. Juz unlucky kana rashes by nurse who dint clean me well n I Lyin stained bedsheet few hrs. My tummy still beti big n bloated, any solutions?

Hi mummies. I'm new here. So would juz like to share my story here.

My girl was born on 08 august, c-sect. Reason being she was overdue and not anywhere near birth canal. Gynae said she was big for my body frame too. Induce wasn't a good choice also thou gynae said I could try. So I decided to go direct c-sect. I was so frightened tat day. And yes, the epidural effect on me was my hands keep shaking. I thot I was scared, but I shakedown throughout the night (even after the operation). But lucky me, hubby was with me, supporting me throughout. The wound was freaking painful the first time I tried to stand up. Walking to the toilet seemed like mission impossible. The binder is a great help. Been using it til now. I've stopped painkillers long ago.

I'm lucky that I hav a CL helping around after I discharged and back to Hm. But now I'm facing this problem whereby my baby doesn't like me or my hubby carrying her. She will feel uncomfy and won't stop crying. When hand over to CL, she stopped crying. Probably this is a common thing and juz a phase, but we're both feeling kinda demoralized.

I'm not very into breastfeeding, partly is my flow isn't much, and also becuz my girl keeps pooing after every feed. And she's hungry again after 2 hrs or less. Dunno is this a common thing??

And yes, am waiting to wash my hair!!! It stinks!

Hi mummies,

My 3 weeks old bb is suffering colic now..any mummies hv any good solution to help??

He has been crying n couldnt sleep well for days already.

So sad to see him cry n suffer yet can't help...

Thanks...

Sun grapes,

Thanks for sharing, was worrying CL can't cope wf that and we nor done tat b4..

I told kk gynae we want to do that for our bb but they say we can juz infm the bb doctor no need to pre arrange..

Karen chng,

Bb crying too much can cause colic and cranky..

U juz rub the ru yi oil on both ur balm, rub it til very warm then gently press on his tummy, massage downwards, same thing apply on his feet too...

Some bb may need to burp more than 1 time coz they dun feel good if still got air inside

Aqua,

I wish to hv GA oso. But I wanted my hb to c the whole process of delivery,so tat he will appreciate what he has, else he think hvg bb is very easy..sleep,wake up,got bb there.

My ds1 bf was failure but this time bb cooperate well and the LC was very positive. Let's hope my milk ss will be consistent as his appetite improve.

U very steady leh! Dun need painkillers alrdy!

Dowin,

Wat u describe is common.

My bb poo the most at nite after bf. A few nite he will poo twice. The god for CL.

My CL so far so gd. The food is yummy and lite, not too herbal type. My appetite is gd compared to last time maybe cos I'm bf and need the nutrients, so watever she cook I try to finish it.

Hi I m going for c- section on 30 aug.

Would like to check a few things with those had given birth by c section.

After operation, how soon will we be wheel back to the room ?

Is it a need to use binder ? Any brand or Dale ?

Is it difficult and painful to bf ?

Thanks.

Sungrapes, mebe my nerves all dead fr first op, so after2 days, nt as pain. More endurable as compared to first experience. Haha, too muc fats? My bb poor sucker as compared to my ger, my milk coming, bt still too little n slow. Bf so tiring, I haven't got time tink abt names yet

Yes,bf is so tiring! Today my second day at home n I broke down crying to my hb,I tell him I can't take it anymore. The only positive thg is when I saw my hb share tender moments with the bb which he did not do so with my ds1, n I tell myself I must not sink into depression n to count my blessings.

Visited the PD with my bb cos of jaundice and gd news #2' jaundice went down..one less thg to worry abt.

Hvg a cough and congested nose.

2mor is stitch removing day.

sumgrapes, jiayou! usu we hav postnatal blues easily, so mus try to be hapy n positive. havin 2 kids is no joke reali, esp when my no.1 still cough, i am nursing my wound n bf bb. alamak, yesterday, my hb already said we MUST Stop at 2.

so muc things to do for two kids, hardly hav time to rest. he wana help me feed bb at nite, but end up he couldnt up wakeup and i had to do all feedings myself.

today my first day home, so far so good, juz lac of sleep. and frustrating w bf, coz bb onli latch 10mins max, and need me to feed her evey 1-2hr@ i so unfree!

ur stitch removin day=7 days so fast? me going back 10days later.

congrats to bb jaundic going down! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starz, first csectio mummy may feel pain, bf depends on individual and ur own determination!

uss, u can buy own binder, or get fr hosp.

jiayou

thanks aqua [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

now my baby is already 3.2kg and doctor ask me not to walk so much ...

Starz

Straight away after op will wheel u back to the rm.

Binder I got frm my doc.

Bf: Read up as much as u can or talk to frends who had experience with BF. If u ask me, I say yes , its tough. It's tough to wake up at 3am. U need alot discipline.

In the hospital, at least the nurse will bring bb to u every 3 hrs, when u done, juz press the bell and they appear to take the bb away to chg and settle to sleep. At home, CL will do this job. U can juz lie there and bf..once the CL leave, u hv to do EVERYTHG! So I can say many will gv up cos lack of sleep. Like me this morning, actually cried...

But it's a wonderful bond to share with ur bb..juz try ur best.

Sumgrapes, I hav no Cl, so wake up every 1-2 hrs bf n las nite I hardly sleep! My back is aching m wound starts hurting, I think I hav push my body toomuch. Since discharge, I havent been restg much.

My bb is hard to manage, so much tougher as compared to my no.1! She dun latch well, v impatient n wan bf ever1-2 hr! I may giv up soon, hb said I wakeup every 2hr, hw tahan longterm?

Back