(2011/08) Aug 2011

haha pipi.. i shy...

NB diapers.. i bought around 3-4 packs. they say should be able to use to 4kg.. one day baby uses 8-10 pcs... roughly 20 days worth

I bought 2 pk of NB diapers. Should be enuff to last thru 1-2 mths. I got 2 pk of S diapers too, in case bb outgrown size NB.

Today I kenna my first bed cramp while Zzzz-ing. Keep calling out to my hubby to come in to bedroom to help me massage my calf. He thought I was having contractions..*duh!!*

I think I need to do more walking in the hse if I want bb to come out by next week. All my hubby friend's wives are all popping already (later than my EDD). Sharks, my bb wants to be the youngest among everyone, still dun want to come out n make special appearance. Hahaha

maids with hp

if only maids noe hw to think abt gd and bad consequences. if they noe will lose their jobs, then y still get pregnant,runaway or abuse children? thats y we really need to be super strict abd lay down the rules 1st. when they prove they can be trusted, then we can relax the rules a little.

ohh, NB diapers i bought 2x88pcs + 2x24pcs, cos pple tell me will use 8-10 pcs a day...:p

went to taka fair today & super crowded. bought a diaper bag, finally found something that suit my style & with many compartments. only thing is MIL & hubby thot it might not last cos synthetic leather...but i like mar :/

Good Morning,

Another day in this forum = another day bb is comfy in tummy. Haven't felt any more contractions after tt 1 time. Been very obedient, staying at home doing stretching and walking around the hse to speed things up. Hahaha but nothing happening.

Today is the 1st day of the 7th mth.

Do u let ur maid close door when sleep?

Def a no if bb in same room but meanwhile leh?

Should we also expect maid to wake when we attend to bb?

gilera, my maid close door when she sleep. i do not expect her to do nite feeding, i rather do it myself. since she will have gd 8 hr sleep, i expect her to concentrate in hsewrk and bbsitting in day.

good morning mtbs n welcome new aug mtbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

finally august is here! let's c who is the first aug bunny [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my constipation is giving me lotsa prob -- vulva swelled again after straining to poo on fri nite... bed ridden on sat as unable to sit or walk comfortably... previous 2x, the swell subside the next day...

decided to go kkh delivery suite for observation on sunday as the swell din not subside and i had white discharge (a sign of infection)... my boy was super active -- kept moving ard and difficult to monitor his heartbeat *haha* phew, no contraction yet. on duty doc checked -- it is due to a gland/pore that was blocked which resulted in the swelling... prescribed antibiotics to clear the infection. asked the doc if this will affect natural delivery, she said nope *phew* hope this will be a the last occurrance n will go away after delivery!

pipi n elaine, wish u a smooth delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] heard climbing stairs also help to induce labour -- but do be careful with the steps...

BDQ, ur itch sounds bad... maybe u stop swimming to rule out that the pool water is a cause?

DC, for #1, i started with 1 small pigeon bottle :p managed to full latch(din pump at all) and only used it after confinement when we supplement with FM due to her increasing appetite (demand more than supply). this time, for #2, i have 6 avent small bottles for storing EBM. in case #1 is clingy n i dun hv time to latch -- plan to pump during confinement...

gilera: 1st few days my maid when she arrived, she just close the door but there is a stopper so she can't close it. Now, she take off the stopper and close the door. When my bb pops, I will tell her not to close the door cos I want to be able to chk on my bb since bb is sleeping in the same room as her. (hubby and I will take turn to make sure night feeds are done) If she close the door, I gotto knock before I can go in. *quite funny as employer right*

DC stormie: I got the Avent newborn set + 2 Pigeon bottles. I think it should be enuff to last thru 40 days. Not enuff then buy later after confinement.

Yest night, I got this crampy feeling on the top of my tummy. I know its contractions but since I am sleeping sideways and its not tt strong, I pretended to sleep hoping it will go away. It didn't! So I told my hubby who just answer me "ermm" then went back to sleep!!! *GUYS!* Anyway I sat up for a while and the pain was gone. This morning also didnt notice any diff in my discharge and no longer getting the crampy feeling. Tomr will be gynae's appt...I think bb is coming soon.

Hi Aug Mummies, I need help. I am a Sep Mummie-to-be and I am urgently looking for a confinement lady from mid Sep - mid Nov. Do you have a good CL to recommend? I tried looking on forum and posting on other months' threads looking for CL but no luck. I am not keen on using agency due to horror stories, you do not know who you are getting. I prefer to use a CL whom you (one) has used before. Hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Criteria:

1) Fees: < $2000 (ideally ard $1800)

2) Able to fully take care of baby and cook 3 meals, wash for me and cook Chinese herbs (already bought)

3) Work 28 days

It is a last-minute decision as my husband and I decided my MIL cannot cope with the stress. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Thanks Adv_sports ;)

Pipi, I also had crampy feeling yesterday... Lasted for 2 hours n I think it shd be Braxton hicks la... I read during this period, there will be so many of these false labour n one will reli turn out to be the real one! 6 more days to edd!

Haiz, my groin pain is disturbing me, so difficult to walk... Even walking like a penguin hurts... I think I ask my gynae later...

pipi - ya its abit strange we have to knock on maid door. i think door can close if changing or when we still wathcing tv then its her sleeping time . nutill BB arrives then non door closed at night.

how are yuor check ups lately mommies?

the other day my maid came to me for help.. she locked the door the secure way couldnt unlock after -_- so my husband took a look and unscrew the lock for her.. then i tell her aiya just lock the proper way dont try to be funny to hold the lock in and twist.. wait sir not home then how to save you?

jess - did ur hb dismantle the whole thing or could just instruct her while she was locked inside? or she was not trapped?

Hihi

Can i check whether did your gynae do a cervix check during the recent visits? This is to check for any dilation and cervix ready for delivery. Going for my week 37 checkup tomorrow and gyane mentioned he will do the check for me. Pain Pain..... Hope it will not trigger delivery.

If my maid spoil my lock and we need to dismantle, I will not put in a lock for her. My reason is b/c she is looking after the bb, I dun feel safe she lock the door with my bb inside. (dunno what she will do oso)

elaine: Nowadays I am very paranoid if bb movement decrease. Are you like me? Anyway I am seeing gynae tomr, maybe might suggest induce + he must promise me to deliver my bb naturally and not force me to go on C sect. Kekeke...Will discuss w gynae tomr n see what he says.

hamtaro: I already started the VE check since wk 36, one of the first to be 'molested' by gynae. But no choice, I think its req'd. I am so far only 1 cm dilated, dunno how is the progress tomr. If it's still 1 cm, maybe I got stubbon cervix!!!

Pipi, I feel the same too! I m most paranoid abt her movements... Sometimes I feel guilty waking her up fr her sleep. Just want to make sure she stay active...

I just went for my gynae check... I wanted to induce cos my pelvic is too painful n panadol cannot help, but gynae checked my cervix n say not dilated nor ripe so cannot. Tell me come back on sat he check again. If dilate, then sun induce. If not yet, he ask me consider c sec. since I so painful...

gilera.. my hb dismantled the lock lo..

for us i think its OK to give privacy to the helper.. since shes not gg to sleep w our bb like pipi.. but i think its best for her not to disturb us in this kinda ways ba.. just do what u like and dont disturb can already

PiPi,

think 2 bottles is enuf liao, 1 for plain water, another 1 for feeding..

finally i hv done my pre admission @ kkh, choosen the gynae and settle the deposit and now juz wait...

had a super long wait yesterday at kkh, wait until i almost doze off.

getting more tire, lazy now..

adv_sport,

i also hv constipation lately, not sure y.

my water consumption still a lot but i sweat a lot too, almost everynite wake up in a sweat. Wet the pillow and my pyjamas.

just had another coconut drink yesterday to cool myself down and hope the clear the water inside [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

taka bb fair,

not bad, quite a lot of nice clothes selling at $12 for 2 or $10 for 3 etc..

i booked from Origins liaoz.

elaine: I oso disturb my bb when she doesn't move much. I will shake my tummy with my hands and call her. getting v paranoid as each day goes by. I guess it's normal.

Pipi: when will you start your massage? Izzit have to wait at least a week before we start ? How many session should we take ? How much per session does Origins charge ? I am still looking for a masseur.

My bunny is still active and move constantly.

Adv_Sports, I stopped swimming from Sun till today, the rashes still as bad. I on aircon whole day long, also like tat. On the humidifier, also same. The rashes turned worse ... "Crawl" everywhere like no one biz. Been insommia for nites liaw.. headache today, how to work? Sigh.

Have you all started the Maternity Leave? I have another 13.5 days of working days. Start on 20 Aug. Looking fwd and hope my gal will male her appearance on 19 Aug nite or 20 and 21 Aug. Don't let me wait too long ler, later i used up my ML and yet she not yet come out... aiyo... stressed, and hoping my rashes will get better, else i dont know how to tahan another 23 days to EDD.

Wish all mummies the best yah.. been busy handover the work, so seldom come in.

good afternoon mtbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

elaine, hope to hear good news from u this weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] talk to ur baby -- try to entice with toys :p yup, must monitor movement closely now -- final final stage *so exciting*

cutie, hv phobia going to poo now -- must bear for 2 more weeks *arghh* for #1, i felt hot -- like a heat generator... for this #2, i dun feel that warm -- maybe it has been quite windy at my place lately... r u still working? m so tired @ office -- need to walk a distance to the toilet and cannot lie down to rest... really counting down to next friday -- intend to start ML on aug 15 (after my probabtion is over!)

pipi, how's ur visit to gynae today?

melody, m using a free lance malay massage lady (she did it for me during #1)... for natural birth, she advises to start asap... for c-sec birth, gotta wait for a few weeks till wound heal. will be doing for consecutive 5-7 days with daily wrap.. she charges $50 for 1hr... she is fully booked for aug oledi...

BDQ, oh dear, ur rashes sounds v bad... jia you and hope u can ren till u pop!

BDQ,

jia you, we hv 23days to go [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Adv_sports,

i m still working, not taking any ML. Will work until the alarm alerts [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yest felt so pain whenever bb moved, like killing me. every move in that hr was like trying to rush out from my body. Then told me gynae abt it, say is ok as long as no bleeding.

But adv me to count bb move, at least move 4 times in the morning, 4 in the evening..

funny thing is whenever i think of wat to eat next, bb will start moving. maybe agree wf my choice somewhere somehow [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i also found a malay massage, charge me $50 per hr. Didnt ask me to book in advance, just told me to call her again when i need her to massage. Problem is, she doesnt really speak english but malay..

cutie >> my bb gets very excited & active while I'm eating, so hope she'll feed/eat well when she's out

BDQ >> i also stopped swimming le cos hubby got sore eyes & contagious, & i dun dare to go swimming alone

ML will start on my EDD 10 Aug, but after today's checkup, doc gave me MC till next Mon... as she felt time to start resting!

cutie, i hv intend to work till i pop but mentally getting weak -- guess the restless nites n heavy tummy r getting to me...

same here, my bb is very active -- m feeling pain with his kungfu! no other signs yet -- so paitently waiting...

haha, ur bb and u xin ling xiang tong [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will have a feast of crab, stingray, zha jian mian etc. from aug 13 -- will see gynae this fri and discuss wat is the next course of action...

I think can only start the massage 3-7 days after natural birth. Depends on your stitch bah. I probably will only start 5-7 days later, when I feel my stitch has healed.

Adv_sports: Today's visit to gynae v long. Why? Reached clinic B around 8.40am and waited for gynae till 9.40am. He was LATE! I thought I was the first patient cos my # was 0901 but turned out there was someone before me, 0900! *rolling eyes* My hubby and I play scrabble using iphone till we got so bored and tired.

Finally I saw gynae and he did VE for me. He told me something like inner dilated about 1.5cm, outer not dilated yet. (totally dunno what he is saying) Then he took out his finger and told me he need to put in 2 fingers now! Wow, tt one is no joke, abit pain hor. I told him abit pain..my eyes already got tears. Then he told me to relax when he is taking out his 2 fingers cos I think he can feel I am v tensed up.

N'way I just asked doc if the muscous plug has dropped off cos I dun see it. Gynae say it hasn't.

So I told my gynae tt I feel fetal movements not so active, getting sluggish. I gave him an example - when I have breakfast, bb usually becomes excited cos its food time. But recently she is less excited about food.

So gynae told me to go in tomr morning and he will induce. I look at him with 'longan eyes' and asked him when bb will be out, he replied, "By noon, bb will be out." Suddenly I felt v unprepared. I told him if I go back and think about it, if I am not prepared, can I call off the whole thing tomr. He say that he will probably still ask me to go in tomr morning.He asked me if I have packed, I said yes. He asked me if I am prepared, I said No, and Never! Hubby chipped in and said she is nvr prepared.

When I got out of the clinic, I could feel I am still in a daze. Suddenly I felt v scared.

Now I feel there is no turning back. I went back to my parents' pl and informed my mum. After lunch, drove home and asked the maid to change the bed sheets, scrub the floor tiles (left my bedroom), informed her which bedsheet for bb's cot, called the confinement lady to pre-empt her. I told my hubby I wanted him to walk with me later at night so that I will not suffer tomr. (forget about groin ache, and whatever aches, if I dun walk more today, I think I will suffer tomr. And yes, I am also going to have prata and teh terik tonight!!)

I will prob go missing for a few days and start ranting here again like a post-natal mad woman. Hahaha.

Pipi!! Omg!! Then how? U sure hv to go ahead with induce tom. Y can't wait waterbag ownself burst?

Sorry I v gan cheong for u!!! U week wat now?

hi gilera

mine is csect... & im in full deep sleep but its like having a very very short dream. at 1st i breath the sleeping gas, i felt like its suddenly very hard to breath for seconds. but it turns out ok then very fast dose off to sleep.

u will feel like how come u just fall asleep then so fast wake up liaw... =D at 1st when waking up, feeling very blur, no strength, no pain jus tat u can hear very clearly what ppl around u talking & ask u to do, & u jus do lor... "breath in, breath in....." then getting better & better....

no pain on the cut part but the surrounding muscles very very weak can feel its been break into sections not link up (something like tat). but i get cough from the sleeping gas as per the nurse & a lot of mucles (green & thick) for 1st 3-4 days... now no more mucles but throat very ichy & always cough until the stomach very pain lor... & have to press on the wound part very time...

oh another important thing, don be scared to ask ppl around u to massage yr leg muscles...cos i get cramps on right leg very serious like donno what to do... but i don care much i keep on say cramp! cramp! so the nurses help me massage the muscles to loosen it now & then until i get better.

1st day after operation, of cos full day laying on bed.

2nd day after operation, must exercise hard on both legs & arms. if muscles cramp jus ask nurse to help to massage till ok then can continue exercise yr both legs. i move up to top of bed by using arm strength & both legs to push it so tat can sit up to do things by the help of the bed also.

3rd day after operation, must sit up on bed then try to walk around. i can straight away walk easily cos ive got experience b/f this also. but get up & sit on the bed its difficult at 1st but later part must think of a way to get up & sit by yourself without any help then can get better faster.

mine 1st experience for csect was in malaysia.... & workmanship not good so i tried in singapore... the difference is that i can walk on 3rd day easily compare to my 1st csect. bcos of the covered part on wound had done not in proper causing the surronding skin being draked & painful. but this time itsss so much different...very relaxing & not much pain... im so happy beside the coughing part... hehehe

this 2nd birth... i never expact my baby is bigger than the 1st child. 1st child is only 2.5 something... 2nd child is 3.75... i was so shock! no wonder during 3rd part of pregnancy, i can eat very well compare to the 1st pregnancy.

now everything is over, resting to get well...

mdm chin, congrats and do rest well. my csection few yrs ago also gav me cough, n took a week to recover. other than that,i had my op first day evening, my second day morn, the nurse already force me get out of bed. it was SUPER PAINFUL, but later i realised, earlier u get out of bed, faster ur recovery. i had no mood for breastfeeding, but the nurses in eastshore hosp very 'onz', will keep encouraging u and bring bb to u for BF.

so rest of mummies, dun be afraid. let's all jiayou, most important is mum n bb safety.

pipi, wish u a smooth delivery! guess u will see this after u pop [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mdm chin, congrats on ur new arrival [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] wow, think ur baby @ 3.75kg is the heaviest weight so far!

hi aqua, thanks for sharing. Me too at east shore hhheee their service is good very on except for my lunch n dinner cos they forgot about me but d nurse keep on asking me take already? hi ad_sport, according to d nurse they said got even bigger bb than mine

Hi Pipi hope u have popped by now? If not, smooth deivery.

Cutie, when you see gynae again? Now we both hold hands for the 23 days yah? I will start my ML on 20Aug. U? Hope bb guai guai, out only on 19 nite or 20 or 21. Don't let me wait too long, else I will go haywire may be with all the rashes. ;)

I will see my gynae nxt Mon. Hope by then, bb head will be engaged. Else I tink will be another overdue bb liaw.

Adv-sports, ur bb still as active since u due soon?

BDQ,

22 days more le haha..

these few days got contraction liao so i believe may like my #1, 38th week.

Shall c what happen next week haha..

but i m kind of prepare liao, juz wait for time to come [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My gynae wanted to see me every week but saw my face like a bit hesitate then she offered 2 weeks later, 15 Aug 11 check up again.

But maybe lil bunny come out before that haha..

I m not taking ML prior to my EDD, want to save it esp we hv no backup to look aft our kids.

adv_sport,

i know how u feel, wanted to work til the day come but now like very tiring.

I will try my best to tahan til the moment haha..

anyway my work plc is nearer to KK as compare to my hse so i rather wait in company [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi,mommies

I has a 5 year old cousin, like put his hand on the mouth suck grant, become a habit, how to change her habit

mummies,

had my appt 2day at 36wks 3days, bb wt is 2.6kg, average size. i put on abt 2kg within 2wks and only 500g goes to the bb!?!

had a small argument with the doc wether i shd go csect or vbac. she fed up, i oso pissed off.

maybe shd juz do home birth like the ang mohs.

she told me csect internal wound will take 100days to heal..tatz mre then 3mths, a luxury i dun hv as nw i have k1 boy to look after. i wanna heal faster! headache now!

good morning mtbs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BDQ, yes, my baby is still super active -- seems to be kicking all the time... with the limited space, my tummy is really stretch to the max -- getting more painful! anyway, console myself that it is better that he is active -- else i will get paranoid if he is doing ok inside :p dilema of mtbs *haiz*

how's ur girl doing? hope ur itch will go away soon... jiayou!

cutie, yah, trying to tahan but getting really tired... this week, started to have water retention on my left leg.. not pig trotter yet but can feel the shoes getting tight... i hope to have a couple of days break so that i can sort out some misc stuff for baby -- only hv the essential things ready...

also, want my mum to come over in advance to familiarize with my place -- how to turn on the media player so that my #1 can watch her fav shows :p very worried abt staying in hospital -- first time my #1 will sleep when mummy n daddy r not home.

sungrapes, hope u come to an agreement with ur gynae soon... my gynae said bb should gain abt 200g per week -- so ur baby weight gain is good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

adv_sports,

yest got ppl commented my both feet swollen due to water retention. I still joked and told them is like that one coz i m plus size but when i reached home and took a good look at them, yes indeed my feet swollen due to water retention. Even my fingers too haha.. I was wearing sandal yest so didnt notice the discomfort.

I told hubby to accompany #1 at home. I can manage myself in the hospital w/o them. Coz i dun want my #1 to feel neglected maybe coz we dun hv ppl to help us to look aft her.

sungrapes,

y end up with an argument wf ur gynae.

Cool down. Of coz natural birth is still the best. However if come to any unexpected circum. then no choice hv to opt for c-sec le.

Home birth is not that easy too, I saw a home birth story. That lady was well prepared herself for home birth. Posted in a lot of diff position during labour and bb come out naturally and she was holding her bb until the midwife come to clean up and cut the cord. Wow, must be brave and provided nothing goes wrong too *touch wood*

Mdm Chin (darlinz), congrats on your new addition. Are you breastfeeding now?

Sungrapes, have you ever try natural before for #1? If tried and ended in c-sect, then better go for c-sect. Unless coz #1 is breech, then no choice c-sec, then can try #2 as VBAC. But surely got risk, coz you are like giving birth #1, coz cervix never open before, may end up in emerg c-sec, which is more expensive.

Hope you can clear this out soon. Hugssss!!!

Adv_sports, my itch still same, spreading like hell... can only tahan, cream oso no use liaw, medicine i try to take less. So, tahan till next Mon then consult gynae again see how. My skin is like snake skin now. So ugly and like the sand paper, think can use it to rub those sharp corner or rough wood liaw. Sigh!

Pipi no post here, means pop liaw mah? Pipi, quick quick report how r u ler... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cutie, my leg swollen oredi like weeks ago... getting more and more serious, even sandals hardly can go in. So, hope it will not grow too big till i have to buy new shoes / sandals just for this 3 wks ler. Else waste of money.

Any sign you going to pop soon? Mine still no sign ler, though nite time, my bb will strech more, but not so painful, more of discomfort. May be she is still small bah.

I want to see my gynae weekly, she only want to see me bi-weekly. Sigh.. why we so diff ah? hahaha...

Today weather super good to sleep eh... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but too bad, monthend close, can't sleep.

OG got 20% storewide discount. Tot to pop @ bugis OG see got anything last min to grab or not... and go temple pray pray for smooth delivery. Still hesitating shld go or not. Hmm...

grapes (sungrapes)

does it really take that long for csec to heal - how long did u heal for your #1?

PIPI -

really wonder how she is doing, hope all is well and also very eager to hear / learn of her experience.

Back