(2011/08) Aug 2011

Shint > Thanks for your info...so price quoted to me is normal lo ...

ohh if they give anestheic then shouldnt feel any pain rite ...is hub allowed to be around when doing the test ?

haizzzz i'm more worried of the results rather then the whole procedure/pain lo ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

demongal27,

dun worry. We are here with/for you. When you feel insecure, just chat us, we will give you moral support....you are not alone.

~Shane,

then we shall hv strechmark competition, c who's is got more..

i start to feel the itch now, think strechmark is coming out soon..

~Shint,

so fast, u went for CVS..

seems like many ppl hv amnio test done on their belly botton..

i was told that will not be any pain relief for amnio test, not sure is it right..

Cutie,

Last fri was my Oscar test, they planned for me to do CVS on moon, I nearly fainted. I requested to delay cos need to clear some work n then planned for Wednesday cos else abit late. Must wait fir amnio which is later. I rather know earlier.

But not all offer CVS. mine done by Prof John Tee .

Demongal,

Hubby cannot go inside. anyway vv fast. If scared then look to the side, I din look at the needle but glanced when they took n check the liquid in the tube ... Doc says not enough n took 1 more tube, hahha.

No point worrying cos oso can't change any outcome. Just wait till it comes n make decision.

Last fri they ask if I wan CVS or amnio n I quickly made a decision to go fot it earlier n not for amnio, hubby said "wah, u so decisive." he himself hear oso scared, haha.

Well, can dun do meh? At least know reaults earlier can plan earlier n set the mind at ease.

cutie>

the competition sounds cute! then all of us post our belly pics after delivery on our secret society! hahahha

Pump.

I used Ameda n planned to get one again. Sold of mine cheap to colleague cos din think I gonna have another one again. Who know I sp fertile, hahha.

Wonder if anyone wanna do spree?

I can tag along ... Kekekke.

Who is experience with US spree? So can try to save cost on shipping.

I only started buying from Iherb on their vitamins n the fish oil .. But that one direct deliver so easier.

PiPi > Xie Xie ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shint > Ohh ok wo ming bai le ...Thanks .. How long will ur results take?

Dun kw why gynae dun let me do CVS..then i can kw earlier also ...maybe mine 14 wks+ ..bu 3 bu 4 le

actually both are similar de rite ...just that they extract from different area ...

Shint, I also order from iherb & vitacost when I was staying in the States, very good price. Even now I am back, I also order from Vitacost, the cost of children's vitamins are exhorbitant here!

Shinto,

Ya.. I heard not that painful..

Doctor said is a 10-15mins test but amnio more accurate if wait for 2 weeks result..

Can pay extra for faster result too but won't be that accurate..

Yo gals, with strechmarks we r still sexy and wild ok... Haha..

breast pump:

I have been using Avent products for my #1, even for breast pumps. I had the Single Electric pump which is very good if you want to pump on the go. I also have the Duo Electric. Both pump serves me well. Will continue to use them for this #2. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I order both my pumps from USA as it's A LOT cheaper, more than half the price of what local shops are selling. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tummy:

I'm 15 weeks this week. My tummy is getting big... a few bottoms I am unable to fit already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Next week gg to visit my gynae, hopefully able to find out the gender of my baby :p

Cutie,

Amnio more accurate? Kkh advise its the same so I dun see any poiny waiting lo.got slight diff I think. Some chromosome defects or what I oso dunno ... I think ot tests one more thing.

I dun wan to have the agony of waiting so long so 长痛不如短痛。

Carole, thanx for adding my details =)

Changni, u can really sing! There's repeat telecast this Sun on the Chingay 2.30pm on Ch 8 I think....

Joan, I love the smell of joss-sticks also! Used to hate them...love the smell of Clarins Tonic Oil as well, so relaxing...all the essential oil smell makes me feel as if I'm in a spa...

CrystalJC, I've got lots of phlegm too this preg, really hope bb won't come out phlegmy =(

Have a great weekend, all Aug mtbs~

Hi Carole, kindly please update my details.

Thank you!!

I've changed my gynae to Dr Adrian Woodworth (TMC). EDD on the scan says 16 Aug, is that accurate? or just stick to original EDD?

He's a gentle man, although of the 'chop chop' style but he did take the time to answer my questions when I ask him. Waiting time was only abt 20 mins, which is much faster than expected!

I'm in my 15wks but still didn't manage to see bb's gender yet... abit disappointed but also looking forward to the next visit 3 weeks later!!

Babysee> my urine is yellow too, regardless hw much water I drink, still tinted with a bit yellow, most of the time is thick yellowish.. sian

Joyjoy> diff doc diff print out ba.. check with ur doc then u can keep record of ur two precious development.. I dwloaded an apps in iphone, and I key in the size of baby after check up.. hehe.. hope ur MS will get better and better.. jiayou! Hugz!

Carol> at least one mummy that have phlegm as me.. I also hope my baby come out without phlegm, if not poor thing..

Carole can u pls update my edd to 15th Aug

Jus went for my chk up today dr woody said bb too small to see the sex

Should b week 15 but ms still on and off. Feeling super uncomfy.

Jastina,

I am also in my 15 wks and my normal tights abit cannot wear le. But as I am small sized, I did buy some M size de. Today I bought 2 tops and 2 bottoms from perfect mum. Damage SGD 100+.

Carole, i just created my FB a/c and added you. Mind to add me to secret group?

Sorry few BKK mummies, been MIA for few days since busy with work and life, hubby still on cast, everything has to depend on me, so busy like hell.

Changni, sorry, I just created my FB a/c. Wat did you posted ah? I am ok to swim on weekend. Mind to email me at [email protected] to xchange hp #?

Pipi, ya, we can car pool to go if rain, or come back w car pool too. May be we too tired to walk to MRT after the exercise... kekeke...

Ya, not yet in secret grp, just asked Carole to create for me.

cwongst, which part you staying? Me at Blk 268D.

Shrrl, you also in BKK, very near me too... we can plan a BKK party liaw... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BabyDreamyQueen,

Yes yes,we are very near(I'm at The Coris).Hoping for a Buangkok gathering soon!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shane, me still swim from preggy 6 wks till now. But easily breathless, so didn't go as many laps. But practice to "walk" in the pool. Very shiok.

Those who want to swim at The Rivervale next weekend, email me and we xhange hp, then we meet up if no rain in BKK area.

Shall we gather 26 th Feb morning, Sat at the Kopitiam, breakfast then we go The Rivervale? Or we can pack our food and go The Rivervale. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Let me know, i yet to be in secret grp, so can't post my hp number. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Carole, I am back after a long long break from this forum due to CNY. btw, I am expecting a bunny prince. Quite surprise to find out during the 14th week. My prince not shy wan..Haha. I hope it is not false alarm!

Btw, for mummies who use iphone. Try downloading the free app called BabyBump. It is a pregnancy tracker, and updates you what to expect during each week. Furthermore, you can set alerts to remind u whenever u have progressed into the new week.

Try it! Its informative, and fun! BabyBump Pro is chargeable but has more tools like kicks counter which will be useful at later stage of the pregnancy. For me, I am happy with the free app.

Good to install in ur hubby iphone so he gets informed too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shint: Count me in if u are organising any sprees. I was told the Medela breast bumps from USA is few hundreds cheaper than SG.

Can also take advantage of the favourable FX rate now... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Shane, yes, i still swim coz i used to have back problem. So, after swim, my back problem gone and i checked w my gynae, she said ok as long as i have no spotting. But try not to overboard. So, when breathless, then just stop and soak in the pool. Gynae oso encourage me to walk and swim, coz i considered overweight de, and my appetite too good, scared overweight ler. So, boh pian, try to force me. My hubby used to be my good companion, now he cant even walk, so, i nid to get another kaki to go swim.

Carole has added me to secret grp, but i not very good in FB, so don't know where is the discussion board ler.

I remember i saw some mummies said Medela mini no good is it? OMG! I just got 1 from my friend's friend at $110. How? If got Madela spree, i will consider join too coz i really hope I can successful in bfing ler... coz my family, no one successful in bfing before. I damn scared.

Also, any MTB has survey the infant care? Anyone plan to send infant to infant care after the 16 wks maternity? I discussed w hubby, we will most likely send to infact care, coz nannies need to see their face, maid normally give so much problem and our flat has no space for the maid. So, if anyone has done any research, esp in BKK area, can share? I not scare of the confinement month, i scared of the "after confinement months"...long way to handle alone ler... how how how??? LOST! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

CrystalJC> thanks babe, let's jiayou... :)

coco> wow, on the 14th week u can see bb gender oredi? Congrats;)

Re: swimming

I love swimming, will resume my activity in another couple of weeks time... Looking forward [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

carol,

can i join the secret grp too?

[email protected]

btw, regardng gender, @ 12wks scan doc suspect 70% boy...

anyone bought any nice maternity bottoms?

went spring yest but nothing to my liking leh

but i need to buy new pants, my jeans are getting so tight...

i am staying at buangkok too!

272b atrina, anyone near me?

am also looking for an alternative pump which is gd and effiecient

previuosly using avent single pump

with 2 kids, i think i dun hv the time to spend pumping loh...

BabyDreamyQueen, I did some survey on infant care for my #1 last yr but it is in AMK.. anyway alot of ppl told me not to place bb there at such a young age due to their immunity.. As for how to handle bb alone, i think not to worry as u will know how to react when bb arrives.. I used to worry as well for my #1 but i manage to take care of her alone day and night throughout my 4 mths of ML.. So it should not be a problem..

pipi,

i had c section for my #1 too

its perfectly alright to BF ur baby

doc and nurses will ask u to latch just like normal delivery

stretchmark:

think i have the worst stretchmark...

cos i too small size, tummy too big that time...

till now still there left by #1 as souvenir

so #2 i dun apply cream liao cos already so ugly

no point

haha

Hi all, haven't been logging in for some time due to work and MS. 12 weeks now but still feeling queasy all the time. Sighz...no mood to even turn on the comp. Come home only lie down.

Went for my scan and test last Friday. Can't see gender but I was thrilled to see bb moving. :D

Any one of you started taking birdnest? I'm currently taking the bottled kind but my aunt says its not good enough, must eat the kind we cook ourselves. Any rec?

Too tired to post.

Been lying down on bed almost the entire day.

Hubby took he kids outz. Wanted very much for me to go along but I went to ntuc already n so tired, wanted to jut lie down.

13+ weeks now .. Normal rite?

He said I need to move, walk then I get mire energy but I already dun feel good. Felt he's trying to force me to go out.

He was not happy I chose to lie on bed.

Also I am experiencing pulpitation ie heart beating very fast.

Suddenly I will wake up n heart beating vv fast, anyone else experience that? Normal?

Gina, I plan to send bb to infant care after about 5 months old, coz I will take de 16 wks Confinement Leave + 6 days childcare leave + some annual leave, so BB should be 4.5 month old before i go back to work. Not say immediately after confinement. Is it ok when BB about 4.5 month old? Else have to source for nanny le. What are other mummies plan ar? I envy those mum or MIL that help, my mum is in Malaysia, MIL told me she old liaw, can't handle, but if like half a day once in a while, still ok. So, i got to plan earlier, else kelang kabut later.

Icebubbles, you very near me, just opposite. Yours is 272B, mine is 268D. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Can't believe 1 street can have so many Aug mummy. When our tummy bigger next time, and i see someone with same size de tummy pass by, I should just ask, are you 1 of the Aug mummies... hahaa... next time when go school, may be we can get 1 mummy to send 1 day each, then 5 mummies, each only send 1 day per wk... me day dream hor... wahahaha...

Dandelion,

Yep you should cook bird nest...in the FB page, we have indicated how to cook raw bird next from scratch by Carole.

Shint,

My hubby also make me walk and walk and walk...I was walking and yawning when I went T3 yesterday. Walk till I became tired.

Shint,

sob sob.. totally understand how you feel

My situation is like you, can't go out.. feel tired easily so I keep lying on bed.

My hubby was also not happy previously and commented that I WAS exaggerated my conditions.

Only once he saw me puke all the foods and gastric fluid out and sit down on the toilet floor and cried, he then realised how miserable am I, he then come and pat pat me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mama,

Mine sees me puke everyday n nite, umpteen times n pat pat me but still think I should move n do things.

The other day want me to help him fix his mini hifi when I said I not well, even rolled his eyes. Got maid dun ask must try to force me ... Dunno why like that.

Can tell him that I AM NOT WELL I WAN TO PUKE , he still want me to go along with him. Go walk walk, shopping .. With or without the kids.

Sometimws I try to go along but why he just dun get it. I am no superwoman .

Maybe I normally much stronger n he ia used to it n thinks I cant be so weak .... Just plain lazy. So sad u know.

Mama and Shint, I'm also suffering from MS. Though I still go out, I'm nvr at tip top condition, always hoping to go hme quickly so that I can rest. Once home, always lie down. At least ur hubs still pat pat you, mine dun even check on me when I puke. Sometimes, I feel damn sad about it. He thinks it's normal and I will be alright afterall.

Babydreamy, I'm also cracking my brains for my childcare plans. I'm now staying with my in laws n I think MIL will help to look after(she offered). But I'm thinking of moving back to our own place as I would like to have a nursery room and I dun think they can let out 1 room. Though their house is big (6 rooms), there's still no spare. 1 for in laws, 1 for us, 1 maid's room, 1 study room, 1 prayer room, 1 belongs to my SIL. Though she's married, the things inside remains intact. Like that how to have baby room? The problem about moving back is that MIL won't be able to help look after.

It is unlikely that I stop working totally. I may do something lighter so I have more time for bb but I'm not prepared to be a SAHM. What childare arrangements are some of you having now, especially those of you who don't stay with in laws? Nanny? Maid? Infant Care? What are your advices?

For me. my two kids were taken care by maid till 18 months then go full day cc. No choice cos I live in north east n in laws in wEst.

Must find a maid capable of looking after alone. Not easy n sometimes no choice have to trust the maid. No good change till suitable, my fren does that. For me I am lucky, the ones I got managed without problem.

So get maid earlier n test before baby come out.

shint: I dont wake up with heart beating fast. I only wake up wanting to pee. Now every night also like dat. In office, also like dat. Alamak... I hate it when I sneeze... coz I will wet myself... now thinking if i should bring extra underwear to office..

babydreamyqueen: my MIL offer to help. Although I gave her an option to send bb to infantcare. Actually, I wonder if I will get damn jealous if BB is closer to MIL, esp when I have to work after ML. I think its gonna be difficult coping with my emotions then...

joyjoy: thanks. I really hope it is not false alarm!! tomorw seeing gynae again.. hopefully, still can see the little teapot. Hehheh.

coco69, me too. I wake up to pee a few times every night. What about wearing panty liner instead of changing underwear?

Shint, you're right. If get maid, really must be lucky enough to get a good one. If not, the maid herself is another big headache to take care of.

Shint n dandelion,

my hubby also think that puke is normal and I will be allright after that. But is not only the puking that we hav to suffer. The dizzy spell, the fetique, the abdominal cramps sometimes le...

He once commented : other people are also pregnant but they seem to be fine n able to work, and why yours are so different ???. Really lazy to explain more to him.

I will send my #1 to childcare in sept this year and will kick off my maid. Then me still remain sahm and jaga this coming bb.

Shint/dandelion/mama: Im also like you! Ever since preggers.. I hardly like to go out.. even go out also nearby places.. then at home very tired and nauseous.. just lying around.. but thank God my hubby and family are very understanding and help out a lot.

Hope it will be over soon.. my first pregnancy wasn't like that at all. Take care!

To those who stay nearby BKK area, I have a neighbor selling bird nest wholesale exporting to Thai, Vietnam etc, coz they rare the bird to have bird nest at "special home". I just bought from him and quite good deal. You may want to check out the bird nest in retail vs the one I bought. I bought from my neighbor, they got many ranges, I bought the one $120 - 1 liang and $140 - 1 liang whole sale price. I bought at $115 and $135, since i bought many "liang". 1 "liang" = 37.5gm. Not bad, and he is honest tell me which are those that without bleech and without glue, coz sometime they will need bleech to bleech it to whiter color and use "glue" to glue them in good shape. If you want those with feather, he also have. But I didn't ask how much. That's is really very original lo, coz no workmanship involved yet. PM me if you interested, then can arrange for you gals to meet. I will start in wk 15 since ppl said that is the time to start. 1 liang got about 5-6 pieces, each time they said only need 1 piece, is it? Now i eating the bottled one given by my friends.

For the baby care in future, I don't believe my luck on maid la. So, this option is out. Now left with nanny and infant care.

Coco69, I think you will jealous lo, coz few of my friends told me so, coz they go home, pat pat the hand want to carry them, they just turn the head away, so sad. But depends how you take it. Some treat it as:"Well, better still, i can still fly ard since BB not sticky to me", some just can't take it esp those MIL that will play politics or say nasty words like :"See? work so late, bb also don't want you liaw"... faintzzz...

Back