(2011/08) Aug 2011

carole,

is that the 'detailed scan'? was the oscar test done by ur gynae?

bbpotato,

if u are organizing, pls let me know. thanks! omg, u mean its possible for us to see baby gender during oscar scan. ill be almost 12 week by then. and this time, hubby cant go w me cos its in the morning. omg, i cant handle this news alone! but im curious, i tot oscar scan is just a blood test? i din know we will be doing a detailed scan on the same day. cos gynae told me bout oscar and detailed scan. but i cant remember if the detailed scan is in 12th or 20th week. so, its the SOP to do detailed scan along w oscar izit? can somebody pls advise?

milkyway,

yeah u r right. i shld shop ard first then decide. just tt i see the spree going on (in the overseas spree thread) and i feel like getting it like NOW!

nitestar,

tell me about it. this morning i was scolding this pupil at the top of my voice. was really pek-chek. then i remembered i shouldnt shout so loudly, wait my bb scared. hee. so i told the pupil to sit one side. errr, out of sight out of mind.

cac,

wow i din know we cant eat sorbet. its sooo refreshing. just what i need when i feel nausetous!

adv,

is buy fr overseas spree, no guarantee de. thats why its one of the cons. but at e same time, no problem w buying earlier then. but my hubby thinks im super kiasu.... hahahaha.... i usually get MS in the evening too. maybe indigestion fr the food consumed during the day.

rainne,

i was also amazed to see my bb's hands stretching out during my last scan. its so magical! i imagined to see a beanie!

bunny: no.. gynae doesnt do tat.. but will be in the same plc where i see her. she will see me after the oscar. :p

detail scan is at 20weeks.

Oscar from 12 to 16 weeks

bunny > i just happen to see an online recipe for sorbet and they use raw egg white to freeze.. so never cook at all.. tat's y should try to avoid.. since it's raw.. of cos unless it's been handled properly... just like carole's explaination for eating sashimi. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wow... seeing all of u buy pumps, i also tempted.. but i think i'll wait till near labour.. in case i got no milk how.. >_<

potato!!!!

I found the FDW i was looking high n low for!! whahahhahaa.. soo happy. she is willing to work for me! gng to chk with MOM to see if i can hire her as 3rd FDW before i remove my #2 FDW.

hello mummies!

just came back from work meeting overseas, was away sunday to wednesday and missed my #1 so badly. i was watching the movie "life as we know it" onboard (the one with katherine heigl and josh duhamel, they had to adopt their friend's kid when their friends died in car accident) and i was crying! cos all the toys the kid has, alya also have, incl the playpen! so it was very close to home for me. hopefully no more work travel from here on...have to go tell my boss next week that im expecting.

my oscar test is on the CNY weekend 5Feb - im surprised they are open and that Dr Tham is not on leave!

im using medela freestyle which bbpotato helped me to buy during her spree before! its very good and i used it until #1 was 1 year old, then stopped breastfeeding because that time i started contract teaching in a school and i find that teachers have no time to pump! i thought can pump during recess but will always have something to do. regret a lot, i think when i was working in office, i could manage it better.

i agree that if you're buying it locally, to buy closer to your delivery date because of the warranty. btw, i think the first few years shop at KK and Paragon selling Medela pump cheapest (unless you buy from spree from US).

anyone feel lower backache (ie: when you sit down and get up from a chair) I am getting this pain since yest and my dad says I didn't exercise?!?!

i had very very bad backache while i carried my #1, hv to go TCM for help..

sometimes, i even asked hb to sit on my back so that i can feel better although i know is not good to do that and hb was also scare to do that for me haha...

i m thinking to get a FDW too but must find a reliable one.. FDW pay increase already right

Morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

adv_sports> excited about the scan tmr too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Have u checked out the rates for CL cos am just asking around only and find out about the shocking rates (S$3,100)...gosh why so ex???

i intend to breastfeed so will need u mummies to advice on the type of pump to use at a later stage... Tks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbpotato> yes i think so bcos the lady told me this is market rates and the CL she recommend is those experience one... ask me to place a deposit 500 bucks before she is taken [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] still checking with hubby to see what is the decision bcos told him after 28 days i will be on my own and will be super stress (especially after c-section). sianz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

joyjoy,

will you b getting FDW? at least can help you out after the confinement, else very difficult to manage 2 young bbs @ e same time.

Carole, Haha... i blur.... Thank God you found the FDW u want... cos its impt to have good help.

Bunny, ya... sometimes very hard to control the anger leh... mood swing somemore...

OSCAR includes a scan to check on the presence of the nasal bone and also the neck skin thickness, which are indicative of DS. Week 20 is a Fetal abnormality test, where they check of abnormal growth in the babies.

Hey Caramelle, didn't know that Dr Tham has clinic on Saturday too.... Hmm...

Hi MTBs,

Haven't participate in here for quite sometimes...

Feeling very sleepy and tired most of the time... I'm trying my best to stay awake and focus at work.

Glad that the feeling of hungry every 2-3hrs is going off but at the same time worried whether bb inside tummy is done well.

All the best to all mtbs who are going for oscar test. Mine is on 5 Feb, still 2+ weeks to go.

finally back from the 2 weeks wait of a scan on bb's heart beat.

Can see the heart beat today, and finally gynae confirmed is proper pregnancy, and heart beating at 177. Amazed! Finally can properly enjoy my pregnancy. Not much MS, touch wood, just some heart burn / gastric pain sometime in the evening + very sleepy. Every nite have dreams, most of it is bad dreams, but can't remember exactly when wake up. So, sleep many hours, but still very tired. Think is the dream make me tired bah.

i asked my gynae about the pain in the butt, especially mine is really VERY PAIN, at the left butt, inside the bone kind. Imagine when you stand and you want to take up your left leg, just a small movement, you will feel sharp pain in the bone at tigh connected to pelvic bone? My gynae said it will go away after sometime, coz the pelvic bone is organizing itself to connect to spine bone (something like that, not really understand), so, the uncomfy is there. Cold weather will make it worst. So, i have been sleeping in guest room without aircon and fan for few weeks now. So, for those with pain at the butt, is normal woh!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Going for my nap as when i feel sleepy, my head is spinning. This baby better can sleep very well when he/she comes out, else why make mummy sleeps like koala bear whole day long. Aiyo!!

bbpotato> getting FDW is actualli a good idea also, will discuss with hubby later on when he is free and check out the rates too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BabyDreamy Queen> Do have a good rest... my Oscar test will be scheduled 2 days after yours on 17 Feb.

It's lunchtime now mummies, enjoy your meal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

nitestar, yup saturday clinic is 9am to 1pm but the wait is loooong! last sat i went for my appt at 1130 but only saw dr at 1210, and by the time make payment all that was almost 1pm. think it's because it's a saturday and some people come late for their appt thus pushing back the other appts. argh! my next appt is at 9am but i go for oscar first then see dr tham.

re MS: gynae told me that worst MS is from week 8 to 10. after that should subside slowly.

Erm yesterday I asked if anyone was having difficulty sitting down for long? The line where my tummy folds is where my babies are located and I feel like I'm crushing them.

Anyone here has the same aches and pains? I need to stretch myself out before I feel comfortable. Can't sit at an angle for more than an hour... =(

Hi mummies, am having lunch here...

I'm 10w2d today feeling much better than yesterday. Woke up n do laundry myself after 2mths - Happy! Hope it carries on this way.

My oscar test 2weeks later (2days before cny) looking fwd. Not sure if will get result on the same day. Carole ur appt is today right? Feel free update us if any [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

gd afternoon all mummies...

how to deal with tiredness? these few days I feel so tired and slpy.. especially at work.. cant seems to focus at all... went to the ladies for a short nap a few times liao...

what is this OSCAR test? compulsory to do?

Carole,

Congrats.

Pump. I am prob getting the Ameda one but dunno anyone doing spree .. hhaa. I like it for being light and easy parts. Also i found it very quiet n of course it is much cheaper than Medela. kekkee.

Anyone doing spree? I think i ok to buy from overseas this time cos quite easy to use and nothing much to spoil.hhaha.

bunnymummy,

I previously bought mine from TMC when they had a good promo ..... but this time i think i will buy from spree. Should be ok i think.

~huisi,

same here, feel super duper tired esp aft lunch..

i'll take a nap on my desk aft lunch, make me feel better to work on til 6pm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

like carole said, OSCAR test to check if the baby growth is normal, can check if bb got downsydrome or not

i didnt really BF for my #1, BF for only 2mths but latch on..

this time round, i plan to BF coz company got a special room for mommy to Moo Moo and a fridge to keep the EBM..

also thinking wat to get for the pump..

cutie: icic.. thanks.. will ask the gynae abt the test tonight... I try to take a 10min nap after lunch.. but still feel very tired... munch on crackers but feel nausea.. dunno what I can do...

i m on medication now to make sure this pregnancy will be stable, side effect of the pill will make me nausea.. sigh..

i take 10 mins to eat, 40 mins to nap.. haha..

Wow... Discussing about pumps already... I used medela pisa when I was bf-ing my no1... Find it good... One of my friend uses ameda, seems to work for her too...

But when she passes her ameda to another friend of ours, that friend finds that ameda doesn't work for her... So she bought medela Pisa too...

Take time to decide on the brand and model for the pump... Find out more about each brand and model first... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Shane,

envy envy of your appetite.. If only mine 50% as good as you.

MS still very bad.. medicine no use.. seabands also no use.

ANTENATAL CLASS,

I joined TMC (mrs.wong boiboi) class before but ended up I choose for C-sect... haha

but she is good, she checked on me at last day stay in TMC, help me massage on breast to clear the blocked. but very damn painful

hi mama,

Do you know if the gynae will recommend us to take antenatal class or do we have to be proactive and search/ask for it ourselves?

I am with KKH. Thanks.

Wong BoiBoi's class is good... I like the lessons... Haha.. But in the labour ward also forgot all breathing and whatsoever techniques taught.... Find the lessons on breastfeeding very useful thou...

Hi Pipi,

No. my gynae didn recommended me the antenatal class.. I source myself.. since I choose to deliver in TMC then I joined Wong Boi Boi's class.. she is vr experienced/popular consultant.

Oh ya, her classes are vr popular and packed.. if you all want.. think must book early

Back