(2011/08) Aug 2011

Harlow singapore! I am finally back after being outstationed for 2.5 mths. It feels great to be back. Miss sg hawker food so much, i had chicken rice n carrot cake for lunch. Craving for fried hokkein mee...

Finally get to see gynae today. Bb is already 12 wks!! Growing faster than expected! I am so amazed/shocked to see bb so big, doc must be quite amused by me. Doc hv to squeeze me in for oscars test else after 13 wk,cannot do liao. Today is a mad rush! Tests after tests. Spent 3.5 hrs at tmc...so hungry..had late lunch.

Carole: can help me update? #1, edd 29 july, wk tan/tmc

Its fine just to stay in this track right, instead of moving to jul mtb? Since this thread has been my only source of comfort n connection to being a mtb for the past 1.5 mth!!

Btw, parking at tmc is quite challenging. Today i spent $13 for valet parking - partly coz 3.5 hr too. I c pple taking a white van to another car park to pick up their cars. Anyone did that? Can share how is it done?

TMC gives me a weird feeling. Its quite cramped. And so many old staff, fr cashiers to receptionists. Even hv an old man sitting in the lift pressing open/ close buttons for us..??! Todays mood damn good - even though hungry, n long wait, everything is like an adventure to me. Finally get to c bb.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bunnymummy: I think ur CL knew machinewash may not be the norm,n some moms may not like it, so she specfically said upfront so there is no miscomm later on. I think what u dont like is probably the way she is telling u that u r wrong/'outdated'- so u may be upset. She will taking care of u n bb for 1mth, its important that u are comfy with her style.

My gut feel is ur CL knows what she is doing, n hv a set of her rules. If u r the kind who prefers to set rules, u may hv conflicts with her. If u r the sui bian kind, n let her run the show so u can rest well, u will think that she is 'godsend'. If u r not comfy with her, u may wan to back out now. Its not fun quarrelling with ur CL later on, n hv to terminate her during ur confinement,n find new one.

Actually, i tot of using cloth nappies too. But i hv a feeling i will q lazy to wash them... spending time with bb shd b more fun than busy with washing n hanging the cloth nappies.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi sus,

U're with Adrian tan too? How do u find him? U had him for 1st preg too?

I was with him for one month before my delivery of #2 n he delivered my #2. So encounter with him was not so long but good experiences.

Carole,

I am "dying" with my bad MS. I discovered my preg at week 6 n now barely week 8, I lost 2 kg already. Feels terrible to keep puking n lying down n sleeping.

Wonder what else can help to relieve?

U're over the stage?

Shint, some tips that doc gave me to minimise MS is not go hungry, else u will over eat, then puke out again. Suggestion is to eat small meals. I usually stock up 2 things in my bag, energy bar n sour plums.

Energy bars releases energy to body steadily,unlike sugary/sweet snacks which provides sudden surge of energy but u feel hungry v quickly.

sour plums is to help me kurb that sudden feeling of puking, but not to be eaten excessively. i also keep myself busy at work to distract myself.

hope it helps. easier said than done... hang on there.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am 12 wk liao, can finally break news to boss nx week. hehe.

Coco69: thou my doc din advise much during my peak of MS but thru self-experience i am so much agree wif not to go hungry! not sure of others but for me i will have this prob when i go hungry n no food - bad stomach wind, that makes me wanna burp n the feeling is no joke during MS period i can thot that i were gg to burp but next moment i see myself squatting in toilet n hugging toilet bowl liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Shint: I will be on my 10wks tmrw and find it relief that my MS is easing since last week. Oh and I tried sea-band anyone using it too? I started only when near wk9 which was my MS easing time so not sure is it really helped? and yes i keep my mouth munching on sth be it crackers/biscuit, fruits or prunes n it gets my stomach goes well than empty for hours - good luck with all the tryings n jia you ok!

Coco, ballering,

Will try that.

This morn, 8+ I ate pieces of cream crackers which was supposed to help but threw up twice.

9+ I went out to get chee cheong fan as its supposed to be easier for tummy, ate only 1 strip n threw out ard 10am.

Now resting at home n just ate 2 mouthful of 糯米饭,already feels pukish. Weak.

Lying down hping it can keep it down ....

Hubby worries it's bad for baby cos I can't keep anything down. He wants me to drink 鸡精 but I din like the taste n puke shortly .... So wasted.

No prob, Shint.

Sounds like ur MS really bad poor thing! Yeah chic essence is good try to hold breath swallow it n pop some plums or sweet to clear the taste after that? I know its hard but u've gotta try stomach sthg.. anything at all to keep baby growing;

Btw have doc prescribe u any anti-vomit pills i think u need it else ur body will might get dehydrated soon *hugs*

Thanks bellering.

I am planning to visit him next week where time permits.

Just ate a nugget n some fries cos kids just came home.

Now back to lying down cos feels pukish again.

happywonderland,

she says put the nappy cream will be alright. trying to evade my question.

bellering,

i dun have a dryer at hm. besides the 'white flags' problem, using cloth nappy means she will need to scrub quickly aft its used. so maybe some CL dun wan to use. wah, these days, they are like boss!

Jes,

i decided to continue w this CL. cos i dun hv a better choice anyway. so i called her just now, told her im ok w using diapers, cos kn it will be very hassle for her if use cloth nappy. i decided to be PR cos im worried she MIA aft i delivered!! think sure to have many differences, so just let her do things her way. anyway most impt is, she take care of baby for me during tt month. use washing machine/diapers are considered trival things bah? *consoling myself*

coco,

yeah i dun like the way she like 'no negotiation'. but to be fair, she was quite patient talking to me. actually now at hm, hubby and me machine wash all our clothes, no hand wash at all. i know how tedious it is. i thought about it and i think i shldnt hv such high expectations of CL. i shld maintain the same expectation as if it were my own mum/MIL/myself/hubby were to do my own confinement, will i actually wan to use cloth nappy? will i use washing machine to wash clothes? if the ans is yes, then i shldnt expect to overwork the CL. aft all, her primary focus shld be on taking care of bb and cooking for me. yes, im trying to remind myself that. but i also think, hey she is paid for it leh! oh well...

anyway, aft this 'episode', i think we must really build good relationship w CL. cos scared she anyhow take care of baby, MIA last min, suddenly need to cut short the confinement... so no point insisting our way if we kn it will make the CL unhappy. i really advise u all to ask your CL clearly before confirming her...

shint,

i find drinking grapefruit juice really good esp when i feel like vomiting.

Bunnymummy: to be honest, I also hate pple who uses the 'no nego' tone on me. Be it my parents or boss or Hubby. But since it's my first pregnancy, I also super blur and inexperienced, I dont think I will challenge my CL -to-be. As long as she is not pandang kind, I am ok. Hope u work out something with her. I am also gonna start my CL hunting! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bunny : if u r ok with Yr CL then it's ok. Most impt is u comfortable. I hv the same thoughts as u. They are paid to do so. So they must be flexible to Yr requirement. Tailored to u not u to them.

Not necessary it's clOth nappy issue.

Shint,

Just to share food that I cannot tahan during 1st tri are cheese, creamy food, fishy food, oily food.

Food that I surprisingly can eat are porridge (with a bit chicken/minced meat), instant noodles(!!),Bo Lo bao (!!), red bean dumplings from din tai feng, fruit juices like apple juice, carrot with oranges - as long as it has a refreshing taste.

When all else fails, I go back to energy bar n I eat my prenatal vitamins diligently to ensure I hv the necc vitamins n energy to keep going.

I actually waste a lot of food during this period, as I will trial n error. I hope u will too find the food that u can take. Jia you jia you!

Thanks for sharing.

Just did my 4th puke not long ago.

Hubby bathed the kids n I just helped to put on clothes for them I oredi very tired.

Gonna stock up some energy bars n try. N cranberry juice too.

Shint / Bellering / CoCo> experience that too, if getting too hungry will feel nausea and nxt moment puke... miserable [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

(***last time use to skip meals no pblm but now cannot)

Hello Carole,

Can amend EDD to 9th Aug 2011 cos doc told me is fine to go for c-sect by week 37... approaching 9 weeks soon, hope everything goes on smoothly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shint - you can try baby food like mashed potato, carrot, etc (but you got to have it with porridge or rice, multiple portions per day) I told my gynae I was puking and he gave me vit B6, and told me to eat "cheng cheng" (light) stuff. So far so good...*cross fingers*

All - I think pineapple can take in moderation but not excessive cos my gynae said the sugar level is v high.

shint: poor thing rest well.. Im also very pukey and lying around whole day.. but I think you are worse cos I dun actually puke..

its my first with Dr. Adrian.. previously I delivered with another gynae whom we were not satisfied with. how come u switch to Dr. Adrian a month before you deliver?

take care!

Joyjoy,

All gynaes says its ok to deliver after week 37 cos baby not premature. I had done research that says babies born from elective c-section(choose date) pref be born in week 39 onwards cos most who were elective before 39 tend to have lung conditions - more have asthma, cough related issues later. U go do your own research ba. Just my viewpoint.

Survey is in US.

Hi Mummies. I am getting rid of my maternity clothes cheaply in exchange for wet wipes. Brands are Noppies Maternity, Spring Maternity, Perfect Mums, Motherhood Maternity and etc. For tops/ dresses, any 2 items for 3 x 80s wet wipes from Pigeon or Tollyjoy. For pants or bellybands, any 1 item for 3 x 80s wet wipes. Please pm or email me at [email protected] Photos can be viewed at

http://picasaweb.google.com/shopaholic3560/MaternityClothes#

For purchase above 9 packs of wet wipes value, I will throw in free packs of herbal baths. Thanks.

Sus,

Just did my 8th "ritual" .... Bad one this time. Thought I could stomach 肉头汤 n took a nap after dinner ... Just woke up n had to go visit the toilet bowl again. Terrible weekend manz.

My 1st gynae was Adrian W but due to last min super unhappy situation with his way of handling my situation, I switched gynae to another Adrian called Adrian Tan. World of difference in the way I was treated as a patient. Though more exp but I guess it's ok.

Shint> i will be choosing the auspicious date for my c-sect 1-2 mths prior to my EDD...Doc say 37 weeks shld be fine bcos am carrying twins and that's why he suggest 9th Aug 2011, hee hee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

A good rest to all of you to start a brand new day tmr...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

joy! nice!

Re: holick

its heaty, but if can go into the tummy and no return to nature... ok. but remember to drink watet to counter the heatiness. :p

Re:MS

gng into my 11th week, and still ALL DAY MS!!! Hungry - hug the bowl, too much -hug the bowl, too oily - hug the bowl, Ice cream- hug the bowl.

seriously thinking back, this is worse than my #1 & #2 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Morning ladies!

Think my ms is officially back after 2 weeks break, I puked yesterday and this morning. Why does it have to come back? Argh. The familiar feeling of hugging the toilet bowl is back, hope it goes away for good soon! I'm into my 11th week now, will be 12 weeks this weekend. Hope my check up n tests on Friday is good, and I can enter into my 2nd tri safely and happily!

Carole,

had e same prob as u, too hungry puke, too full also puke. Oily food is out of my arena, can't even stand the smell, let alone eat. Now most of the time, I m taking soupy stuff

good morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: MS

carole, hi5, me also having all day MS... dunno how to satisfy bb -- eat things he/she dun like will puke, eat too little/too much will puke, and i puke and lao sai after eating ice cream *faint*

history is repeating itself for me -- my #1 was like that... joking to my hubby, he is lucky that i hv no food craving -- he said he rather i have craving than "suffering" like that...

jes, hang on -- u will see light at the end of tunnel soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i hv 2 more weeks to go...

re: cloth nappy

bunny_mummy, i did thot of using cloth nappy for my #1(bought 20-30 pcs)... but we went with disposable as it is too much of a hassle to wash so many (bb poo after each feed, 6-8 times a day!)... then my #1 had diaper rash -- so my mum used cloth diaper for a few days till the rash cleared... cloth nappy is quick dry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BBPotato: i only can take in Teochew porridge, plain porridge with some those raddish and salted vege. Fried Egg.. but landed gng back to bowl. Even when i shower, the shower bath makes me puke! like tt telling me dont shower mehz? gosh.. #3 is the most jialet compared to both elder. i tried french fries.. and never puke! dunno to laugh or to cry.. haiz....

I m having canned food.. not healthy! but others just dun stay inside.. so sick manz

bbpotato, i doing FTS on 20th, u gng to see her too? my FTS at 11am, then see her at 1pm

Carole,

I m going on 21st, but just for blood test.

FTS and consultation on 28th

I simply hate the aftertaste of the food that i ate, so normally i will pop a cloret, and it's much better, at least don't make me pukey

morning all..

seems that most mtbs here have the puking symptoms back again...

I realize that my nausea feeling always appear when I am in office... and my tolerance level for tiredness is only 4 hrs... after walking for 4hrs, I feel very xin ku liao...

going to see my gynae for the 2nd time this thurs.. hopefully everything will be fine... should be in my 8 weeks now I think...

I am still thinking about the CL issue.. hubby haven discuss with MIL yet... any good CL to recommend?

Shane: no, earlier scan states that i m gng to due 1 week earlier. Blood test is for the First Trimster scan to complete the datas for the Down sydrome.

Huisi, best to tell MIL earlier, cos booking of CL should be at 12weeks. once u book too late, many "good" CL will be taken.

Mummies

Anyone taking New Obimin and having prob like me? I think obimin makes my poo poo very hard & dark.. Even my urine looks concentrate no matter how much water i drank a day! Not that i mind that much but is it suppose to be that way? I have no constipation as i really drink alot of water n keep gg to loo...

I'm on my 10wk today hoping MS keeps on easing - all the way [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

anyone having backache? think my backache is abit disturbing today... i don't have a heavy tummy yet.. don't know y, i'm having a backache now.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

not sure is it cos i'm used to sleeping on my back but recently been trying to sleep on my side to practise for future.. (in months to come, we all cannot sleep on our back)... not sure if the side sleeping could be the one giving me backache! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Oic thanks, Shane. Thats assuring [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cac: I start to have slight backache too i blame my slouchy sitting position - bad habit

Bellering > ah.. ok.. at least i'm not alone... today i'm feeling backache and especially drowsy... not sure y...

i don't know wat is the brand of my multi-vits cos it's precribed by my doc.. and i've been taking it around 2-3 months before pregnant.. cos i was planning for baby and for my skinny frame, i request for multi-vits.

i also have dark poo and concentrated urine.. i attribute that to my water intake... cos i've been drinking quite little water these days due to my bloated stomach and MS....

and yes! i'm also on my 10th week now! yeah!

Hi. Just to check with u ladies, anyone looking for CL or booked le? Any ideas whether to go with local or m'sian ones?? Understand that there are a lot of m'sian ones around.. They are experienced n trusted one right?

Congratulations to all mummies who have already passed 12 wks!! So happy for you all! :D

For those who are at 10 wks +, please try to endure all the MS terrible feeling. It gonna pass soon!

As for myself, think I'm into 9+wks now. I don't feel too hungry now, only sometimes in the afternoon in between noon and dinner will feel hungry abit but still can tolerate. Not like when I was in 4-6wks, I cannot bear with the hunger. My breast also not that sore anymore and today I don't feel as sleepy as before. So worry now. Don't know if everything is ok inside my tummy.

Very looking forward for this friday's chk up so that I know if my bb is ok inside [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] .

CNY is coming and my fav is the bak kwa!! I can eat right?

You all so early already start to hunt CL. Me thinking of hunting only after my 12 wks.

Just to clarify with you all, the down syndrome test must take exactly at 12 wks or in between 12 - 13 wks?

Carole,

Me puked 3 times liao ... terrible feeling.

Ate some bee hoon soup for lunch but only had like less than 1/2 bowl, tried to down 1 piece of water melon, now feeling terrible.

Gonna have a meeting at 2 .... dunno how to survive it.

hweefen: booked. from MY, but on a dependant pass, so no need to keep gng immigration or apply special pass.

SY: from 12 to 16weeks. before at 12 to 13 weeks

Shint: i just had teochew porridge and spicycube pork. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] not really return to the bowl, but i guess i m hungry again and ate 2 sliced of bread.

joy joy

Your doc is Dr Loh right? I'm surprised he recommended C-Section cos I asked him once abt it and he seemed to have hinted that natural is somewhat preferred. So I'm confused... So we can do C-Sect earliest at 37th week?

I'm 11 weeks this week and my MS has come back to haunt me. I had a vomit-free week but it came back on Friday, Sat and Sun. I got zero marking done over the weekend.

Does anyone here feel like 'dying' after a puke?? I feel so sapped and drained, I NEED to lie down or else head will spin. Some days I also feel that my tummy has shrunk???!! I hope it's normal!!

dear mummies, just want to share that i was feeling extremely sleepy just now.. and i drank a small cup of 100plus.. and now i'm feeling better... dunno issit a psychological thing or my body was lacking something that's y i was sleepy.. hope it will help some of u who are combating sleepiness and work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Carole,

I just puke my guts out ... not just normal puking seriously ....

Sometimes oso puke white foam ok ... imagine.

Now nothing left in the stomach liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Soulvacation,

Me ... i had been lying in bed the whole weekend cos i kept puking and no energy, eat and puke, eat and puke. dun even feel good sitting ard. had to lie down. Felt so sick.

I had lost 2 and going 2.5 kg in 2 weeks liao.

Better than my efforts to lose weight.

soulvacation,

normally from week 37 they say can C-section liao but I wouldnt advise it ... for elective c-section, from week 39 is better.

For those whose baby suddenly wants to come out earlier, it is ok cos there is a natural trigger that they are ready to come out. For elective, baby is not even aware and hence, not too good.

I have to go dig my previous research on it.

Back