(2011/08) Aug 2011

Crystal: updated ur info onto our list :p but ur EDD should be 12 Aug. :p

Beowie: me too.. sleepy and eating every 2 hours and goes to the bowl.. and round n round. :p

DC, i do pre-natal yoga 1-2 times a week frm 3mos all the way to delivery in my first pregnancy, now with no.1, dun think hv time to do yoga again...

Patricia, heard from my friends that Dr. Chen is good, patient & fatherly, but because i live in Semb & he's in chong pang, a bit difficult for me to see him there...so i chose a gynae near my workplc in the end.

Hi mummies

Seems like lots of u have decided which gynae to go to.

I haven't decide yet, am staying at semb.

Still deciding btw Dr Lawrence ang n Dr Adrian woodworth.

Any comments on Dr Lawrence Ang?

I use Dr Adrian for my #1

Hi all,

Just visited my gyane today...heard bb's heartbeat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Gynae say i'm 7.5 weeks now and EDD should be mid Aug [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I will be scheduled for OSCAR test in 4 weeks time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ballerine: down syndrome test is sort of standard procedures unless you dun wanna do. normally if you are above 30 yrs old, it's better to screen bb, cause higher chance of bb getting down syndrome as u aged. Usually a simple blood test of your blood can test the possibility if bb got down syndrome. If the blood test results come back not good, then a more invasive test maybe required.

CrystalJC: usually if hear bb's heartbeat will have sound one, unless ur doc off the sound. As for night activity with hubby, some says better to lay low during first trimester but some says it's ok. So listen to your body? For me, if i'm very tired and nausea, then it's no-no. But if i feel ok, then will go ahead but not too violent la... :p

Can I check if those who went for their gynae check up the first time,what does the gynae do?also can they scan anything at 5 weeks and let u bring the pic home?

The first time I went there actually for a normal check up not for pregnancy. Then they ask me test urine then got tested positive.

In the spot the gyane gave me an ultrasound see baby ok not. Think that time only 5 weeks like that can see the sac n blink blink. Then the gynae printed the scan for me to take home.

Hi,

Sorry to interrupt.

I have a Philips Avent SCD480 baby monitor for sale - 16 channels and up to 200m range. Good for single-level apartments. Bought only a few months ago and used for only a few nights. Condition 10/10. If you are interested, please PM me for price.

Thanks.

BabyDreamy> haiz today see some spotting so faster go see my gyane but something happy! Yeah can see BB HB lioa... now mc a few more days.. i cannot wear my pants due to my Du Zi Zhang Feng...

Linsu> y sleep on left better??

Hi everyone!

I just tested positive on test kit..and Im wondering if u have gynae to recommend in the west. Preferably cck/ bt pnjg..

Do help! Thanks!

Hi all,

I tested +ve on Christmas eve. I was unsure when is my EDD at first as I forgotten my first day of period in Nov. However, glad that my colleague remembered hers as we happened to come period on the same day in Nov.

I'm expecting my #2 and my EDD is on 20 Aug as per iPhone app pregnancy calendar. I will be going back to see Dr LC Cheng at TMC who delivered my #1.

Felt very guilty for eating a lot of nonsense ( eg sashimi, salad, drank some wine ) this month before I knew I am preggy. Pray that my bb is growing well.

I only managed to book my first gynae visit on 8 Jan and I am really looking forward to it.

MTB who are working, do you apply leave to go for gynae visit during your pregnancy? If I got to apply leave to go for

gynae visit each time, very soon my leave will be exhausted.

When I was preggy with my #1, I was working temp job thus no mc or leave entitlement.

Appreciate your advice.

Wenny: congrats!!! go gynae can take mc de.. No worries abt leave. And don't feel guilty for eating those stuff la.. That was before u knew u were preg mah... I also ate some of those that u mentioned, even after I knew abt the pregnancy.

Aisah: Adrian woodworth seems to be v popular in cck area.

Fifteenmay: can go for scan ard 5weeks le. I just went and brought hm the ultrasound printout... Bt need to go back in 2weeks time to hear for heartbeat..

Bjy: I'm with Lawrence ang for my no1. He's the chopchop type. V fast consultation. But he knows what he is doing la.. Very experienced. I'm comfy with him.

Thanks for the info abt dr adrian woodworth... Any idea what is his clinic opening hours and where is the clinic?

More info abt my pregnancy: im expecting #2 and my edd wld be 31 aug.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will let u know once i decide on my gynae!

Big Welcome to all new mummies...

Yes, I really count my blessing when I was tested positive... couldn't believe it and tested 4 times before 1st visit to Gynae.. hee...

I've always heard that daughter's pregnancy follows the mother.. my mum did IVF (the pioneer batch) when TTC for my younger sis who is 14yrs my junior... so i was kinda worried for myself when TTC...

hwee fen> Although am very excited now, I'm overwhelmed with the uncomfortness too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] then also worried who can take care of bb, will my long working hrs affect my time to be spent with bb etc... so many things to consider... aiyah! but heck lah... just go follow the flow and learn along the way to be mummy?

I was on MC ytd due to headache and slight flu... hee.. actually not that serious but decided to give myself a break in case the flu bug goes worse? my priority is my bb now...

then evening, went to see gynae. I'm ard wk #8 already... and can see how fast bb grows.. wow! from 2.6mm 2 weeks ago and now 14.6mm... DH find it so miracle... I can see him more into "fatherhood" after each scan wor... strange, my gynae says cannot hear the heartbeat leh... but we can see it's blinking faster than before...

I shared with gynae my experience with breathlessness and lost of appetite wor... he's pretty cool and says I should just continue with Folic Acid and no additional vits.

Carole> ur #1 is soooo sweet... that's the good thing about having girls... so sweet loh... I was telling DH, I prefer 2 girls than 2 boys if i have to chose a gender for both...

Hey do u all have a feeling if this will be a boy or girl? my colleagues told me mother's instinct are very accurate... Duno why, I have this feeling mine's a boy... but according to the Chinese Horoscope calendar, it should be girl according to my age and month conceived... Shall see how..

my gynae is offering me the OSCAR test next visit when I am around wk 12 on 18 Jan. He gave me a brochure to read and asked me to consider... To-date, my gynae is really cool and no further test like high blood pressure or blood test. My GP says gynaes are brave... haa...

CrystalJC> the only bad news my gynae tell me is to avoid sexual intercourse for the 1st tri.... but most preg books says it's ok. But we still stick to gynae's opinion to play safe.

oh yah.. I noticed some food tastes differently... yucks.. could be due to change in taste bud.

Aisah> I'm staying at Bt Gombak and visits Dr Wong Mun Tat/Thomson Women. he's quite calm type.

Wendy> u can consider taking MC from gynae for each appt... For me I'll try to schedule for evenings appt as I do not wish to affect my work and wants DH to be there at every visit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Carole> thanks for the prompt update.

BJY> u have gd experience with Dr Adrian for ur #1??

Jastine> thanks for your advice. I will ask Dr to let me hear the sound for my 2nd apptment next week. I just worried that his machine cant produce sound.. LOL…

Wenny> for my gynae, he opens his clinic after office hour (on two week days), so I no need to take leave, can jus go after work, I believe ur gynae shld have some days that are open in the evening too.

Babysee> thanks. Ya lor, was quite confused.. cos some says to totally avoid it during 1st tri, then some say ok.. I guess jus follow own body and do it gently.

And yup, #1 I prefer gal too… hehe.. gal more sweet and closer to mummy ba..

Jus to check, will all MTB go thru blood test during 1st tri? Or depends on age?

Aisah> I do not have the opening hour for CCK branch (im seeing him at sengkang).. but I do have the address and phone number. U may call and find out the opening hour. Dr Adrian Woodworth package is $550 (excluding GST).

Blk 304 #01-653 Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 Singapore 680304

Tel: 68931227

Babysee> u use lunar or english mth for the gender prediction ? I was using english mth n lunar age, but like abit sala leh. My lmp is 31 oct, but bd on nov, so shd take oct or nov ar?

Bjy> I'm staying at sembawang too, and am with dr Lawrence Ang now. He is also my gynae for #1. He is very experienced, but consultation really is chopchop, 3 mins can finish kind. Maybe bcos I'm mentally prepared, and I know he is very experienced, so I don't mind the short consultation.

CrystalJC> hmm... although i'm below 30, I think just play safe and go for blood test bah... I am very kiasu parent when it comes to safety...

✿sel✿ (selenal)

Dr Adrian Woodworth also chop chop kind..

Aisah (nursania)

Dr Adrian Woodworth clinic is behind the bus interchange. The night clinic is from 6-9pm monday n thurs if i not wrong. Not sure if any changes.

CrystalJC (crystaljc)

Yea i have gd experience with him. But because i move to smb now so go back to cck for check up abit ma fan.

CrystalJC,

all will need to go thru blood test during 1st trim.

One is for the down syndrome test, one for HIV and some others.

For RH, they will do it together with the down syndrome test, so one time do all, so nt so much poking.

Jes,

In that case he would be same like Dr Adrian Woodworth, also very fast. Sometime go in havent 5min then come out.

So the waiting time wont be that long too.

So dr Lawrence Ang should be the same?

BTW how much is his package? And his opening hr?

Jes> the chart I was using is everything in lunar de... ie use our lunar age and lunar month u conceived...

hey moms... the new coin will be releasing soon. I wana get one Rabbit coin for my baby for keepsake.. hee...

For mummies having #2, do u have feeling of ur little on moving esp at night?

I keep having that butterfly feeling n cant get to sleep at night.

hi gals,

just to confirm.

is the pregnancy test kit accurate?

cos i only tested at home,nv been to the doctor yet.

booked an appointment with gynae but need to wait till 12th Jan...

Hi Bur,

I stay in Sembawang too! But the clinic at Sun Plaza is always packed! Hubby said maybe business too good... later doctor no time to entertain us if we have many qns to ask... so chose the one in Chong Pang.

Agreed he looked fatherly, but he's a bit too fast for me to catch. Haha!

Seems like quite a number of mummies staying in Sembawang. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Still feeling very bad gastric problem even though i tried the pills given by doctor... any one with recommendation on how to cure gastric problem.. causing me many sleepless nights...

hello to all mummies.. i'm new to this thread.. tested +ve on x'mas eve.. has not yet visited gynae as i am currently in usa.. will be coming back to spore in 9days..

Carole, my LMP is 21nov.. can u kindly help to cal my EDD, thanks..

Hello all mummies-to-be, I was tested positive on Monday after my first fresh IVF cycle. Mmm, not sure when EDD would be but fertilisation should be sometime 8 December. Can someone advise too?

As this is my first pregnancy, I'm feeling very insecure. Keep wondering if I am still pregnant and if bb is growing well inside. Just to check, anyone of u still feel cramps? The kind like AF cramps. Is this normal?

Dandelion: Welcome to our Thread!

I m mother of 2 and expecting 3rd.. i m still very very insecure. so you arent the only one. :p eat well rest well is the key. Cramps are normal as its the expansion of uterus to accommodate our little darlings.

And with the looks for it, your EDD will be in Aug/Sept 2011. i m guessing.. 31st Aug 2011 :p

Thanks for the assurance carole. This is my first time and I'm really at a loss. So many questions in my head and dunno what to do.

Going for my first ultrasound to chk heartbeat only in January 11. Aiyo, these 2 weeks are more scary than than previous 2ww to test whether preg or not.

ice-bubbles - when i first tested positive (ard wk 5) my gynae said she could not see anything yet with a tummy scan. She told me that 85% it is early preg, but 15% can be chemical,ectopic,blighted ovum (these will oso give +ve preg test) and will result in miscarriage. I felt quite worried in the weeks following, but i guess the gynae wanted to prepare me for things to go either way.

So just have to pray hard ur baby grows bigger and can be seen. keep the faith.

Dandelion, I feel cramps sometimes... gynae oso told me it's normal... but lately, it's reduced to poking sensations for me.

Hi dandelion

I'm a mother of 1.. this is my #2... i think once u start TTC, u will worry... n it is for life! hehe..

First worry, preg or not.. next worry got HB or not.. Then worry abt abnormalities... then worry abt premature... then when they are born.. there are more worries to come!! For now, rest well, eat well... n dun stress out too much okok? I had a fren who lost her bb after she fought with her boss..

Cramps .... I still get them too... shd b 8.5weeks now... esp when I'm tired or stressed out...

Nitestar, you are so right. Every stage is a worry, that's what my colleague told me. I'll try my best to be positive but it's really not easy now cause I keep feeling sick, giddy and nauseaous, no mood for anything.

nitestar, ur right, the worrying is for life. this is my #1. i was not expecting to have all this worrying when i was ttc. :p

i was worrying about this and that.... it was never ending. Finally my exasperated husband reasoned it out with me with this phrase 'things are going fine now aren't they? now can see baby + hb liao. Please give our baby a chance to show u it is growing well'

After that, i told myself to trust the baby inside me and stop worrying too much about things i cant control.

dandelion, i think you are having all the MS symptoms leh... like the mummies say... more symptoms equal more hormones equal good preg? so dun worry...

I always look forward to the next U/S.... cant wait to meet the little one...

Hi all mummies-to-be

I am another new mummy-to-be too! Am having my #1 and still very blur on many things. Was tested positive on 11th Dec and my EDD is 17th August which is the same day as Beowie!! So coincident we have the same EDD hehe. Saw the sac and bb measured at 4.65mm and heard the heartbeart too. It was so miraculous to hear that lol.

I am seeing Dr Selina Chua at Bt Batok but will change to Dr Mary Rauff next week.

nitestar : i hv to agree.. but i nvr thought i would strike.. so no worries.. whahaha. but now i do. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

nitestar, I'm also not sure if mine is MS cause I'm also ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome(OHSS). It's a side effect of my IVF procedure. The symptoms are bloatedness and nauseousness.

Now I dun even know if I'm having MS or that. Wah, but if this is MS, no joke, really dun feel good. on and off a few times every day. How to work like that?

Hi mummies,

I have the following preloved items for sale as I am relocating soon. Pls PM me for more details, thanks!

1. Baby Plus - Used for 6 mths, in very new condition, comes with unused carrying pouch.

Am throwing in 4 energizer rechargeable batteries and charger worth about $30.

Prenatal education system that uses 16 different sounds resembling mummy's heartbeat, baby starts differentiating sounds in womb.

http://www.babyplus.com/

2. Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor - Used only for a few times (sound only, no image)

Hi SY,

Congrats!!!! glad to share the same EDD with u haha.

SY when is the next time you'd see gynae again?

I have to see gynae in 3 wks times where she say i ought to begin testing for Down syndrome.

oh oh... does anywone know what is OSCAR? I've read some of you mentioning it.

Back