(2011/08) Aug 2011

Hi i am new here but hoping for a Sept/ Aug bb in 2011. Health probs have kept me from trying in the past but feellike i should just go ahead and have a 2nd child. So yeah, hi everyone!

Babysee> same for me! My bottoms are all tight now, so no choice hv to buy some from carrano. Dunno why I put on so much weight! Carrano is available at bencoolen, amk, tpy and bendemeer I think. I went to the one at bencoolen, just opp OG. it's a no frails shophouse kind, but good for basics.

babysee, the toa payoh shop is the one young jess mention..carrano.. else u can try buy online frm old navy maternity too, their size are big..& not too exp.. since tis is urs first, u might want to get some nice ones & can still use for future pregnant..

on MS, i almost do not experinece any MS at all whn i had my no.1, hope its the same now! cause its realli very "xin ku"..

babysee> orange also?? oh talking to u is benefit im so glad hehe btw i wonder if chrysanthemum tea should be avoided too? I kinda stuck lately whenever a kopitiam drink stall attending to me lol btw what exactly is MS.. is it maternity sickness?? If yes, nothing for me so far (sleepy, YESS!) and I thought am having easy pregnancy??

sunsmile> welcome & congrats! I get hungry so often that i sometimes woke up to pee during midnight and feel like eating, or wake up by tummy growls in the morning haha

Ps. cannot eat pineapple at all! please bear in mind n take care [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Besides, not sure if am having mood swings.. I got very upset over a conversation my hb & i had last night (now that i recall it was not THAT big deal) and still feel angry until this morning.. I dun wanna be a grumpy wifey but i lost control easily [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I know it's hard however will try to remind myself in future when about to get flairs up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Anyone had similar experience or tips on this to share?

ya lor.. like bur, I also no have MS for no. 1... this one v diff... always feel queasy..

Sus... According to my Dr.... he says anything also can.. but in moderate.. dun take in excess... but i took orange juice, n my no. 1 ended up with phlegm... so.... moderate moderate...

Babysee, i got some nice work pants/skirts from Maternity exchange last time... quite lasting too... but v ex hor...

Ballering, I had major moodswings too! Flaired up over minor things and feeling emotional all daylong. Now I jus accept it as part of pregnancy and spoke to my hb abt it. Told him that it's just my hormones talking! So now when I'm about to flare up, I'll just tell him I'm feeling emotional, and he'll know what I mean and let me hv my way. =p

Thank you Jes. I think my hb guessed so too thats why this morning he acted exceptionally thoughtful and careful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I will try talk to him about this later hoping things will be better since we've so many more mths to go! Oh man.

I also concern if moodswings, agitation will cause any complications since there's a baby in there?? Especially when we cry we tend to breathe irregularly or angriness etc.

As for clothing: www.gmarket.com.sg ; Intro by a friend of mine she ordered before it was not bad according to her. Most of the items are on free delivery charge though i haven't try it myself. Feel free to comment if any [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyone else having ms? Or is it just me? And all the talk about pineapple rice makes me crave for it. Gosh.

Can't wait to see doc to know my Edd, hope i can deliver before lunar 7th month, can't wait to see my bb in the 3d scan, hope no cleft and all is well! And of cos hope ms goes away soon!

Thanks everyone for sharing with me where to get the nice clothes... so nice to have experienced mums sharing with me... I am quite lost with the maternity brands, like blue navy or maternity exchange... gota get myself familarise soon! There'll be a popular sale this weekend at Suntec. Planning to find some good deals on pregnancy books and also keep a lookout for maternity wear at Suntec.

if buy one or two still dun feel heartpain, but changing the whole wardrobe is like.... *_*"' yah.. my mum also asked me to get those good quality, comfortable maternity wear but not too Kua Zhang for now... think she duno the maternity market now... hee..

Ballering> hee.. I only found out a bit more info from colleagues who are already mothers and have more experience eat what food will lead to what etc...

hey.. I thought it's our privillege to have moodswings... just blame everything on hormones... my hb noticed I've become more cheerful upon knowing the news instead. I told him he should smile more else bb will have a frown like him... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ooh talking about the 7th month, I was kinda worried too... coz I read in TTC column that it's no good for child to born in lunar 7th mth esp for bb girls... I asked my MIL who knows a bit of horoscope thingy and Tong Shu, she mentioned for Rabbit BB should avoid lunar 5th mth. In fact the 7th mth is a great mth for rabbit bb. Each horoscope has their own taboo mth...

Hope this gives some assurance?

Jes ya man... but one thing my MIL mentioned worries me.. that the mother usually follows her own mother if give birth early or late. I was born 2 months earlier but heng no other complications and discharge within 2 days. If I follow my mum's, then would i give birth in 5th mth? aiyooo... headache leh...

When did ur MS start? maybe there are some remedy to reduce the uneasines...

Thank you ah bur [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I am soo looking forward to 21st to my 1st scan to meet the lil bean in there. Anyone longing for twins here? My doc sort of hints about it to me as my maternal family has twins history. Argh. Can't wait!

I have no cravings yet and hope to have MS too to feel what is it really like when people talks about it haha (am i crazy) well not serious MS though I heard one of my gf she thrown up after every meals until she admitted herself. Scary! But again it is entirely up to individual to react to it right =)

Good luck all MTBs!

Same here, no MS till now and hope it'll stay this way. Appetite not very good though. Now about 5 weeks.

Been looking at getting some maternity pants as my current ones are getting tight. Any recommendations for under belly or full belly fit?

Hi Mummies,

I have a 99% brand new Pigeon Steriliser to let go. Used only two days. Warranty included.

$80 only.

Pls email [email protected]

Thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4856788.jpg]

just tested earlier and it's positive! hopefully all goes smoothly. wont be telling my boss and colleagues till after 12 weeks..

so tell me, who knows YOU're pregnant??

caramelle> congrats!! yeah we have a new member...

hmm.. so far, only immediate family members, 3 close gf coz I need their help on advise. Just told my boss ytd. Coz she was commenting must share good news with her... then I decide to tell her else people may expect me to carry heavy files etc.

caramelle, congrats & welcome!!

i am oso planning to tell my coll after 12 wks, even my mom dun know i am preggy, planning to tell her tis wkend or after i've doc next wk..

hiya just tested positive too but all my colleagues know cos they were the one i shown my preg kit to cos i cannot believe that it is a +ve on clear blue

Congrats ladies! I'm planning to tell my colleagues after 12 weeks, but will tell my parents and in laws after my checkup on 18th!

may, i got myself a bellaband on my first pregnancy once my pants got a bit tight.. its like a tube top but u wear it around ur tummy on top of ur normal pants or skirt.. can oso wear as a tube top under maternity tops or dresses which is too big.. i got mine frm maternity exchange

Caramelle/nellie: Congrats! Isnt it a nice feeling to see the positive on the pregnancy test kit? hehe

Babysee: I love clothes from Spring Maternity.. maybe cos Im petite.. not easy to find clothes that fit.

Bellering: yeah I do wake up feeling hungry too!

Aiyah so sad I cant eat pineapple or drink coffee.. my favorites..

Not having any MS yet

Will check up first time on 13th Dec Mon! =)

Congrats Caramelle!!! u must be so thrilled and happy!

COngrats to nellie too!

I have told my close gfs and family.... but i had the worst reaction from my MIL.... 'You shd have gotten pregnant earlier!' faintz... luckily, my mum n hubby are v supportive..

I almost jump up when saw the double lines for the first time myself [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Btw am surprise most of u needed maternity wears now than after 12wks - Personally my clothes still fits fine though i wanna find some leggings wear; Loves especially a shop named EGG at vivocity i go in everytime when passing by, they are gorgeous and unique but i usually came out emptyhanded due to overwhelm prices haha!

So far my in laws are informed since we lived together and it's their first time to be grandparents. Not even my mom knows though she started to be suspicious because i told her i stopped working. I worked for lawyers and due to the hectic nature of work (no chance to take leaves etc.) my hb prefers me to focus on our first's.. For those who r working please take extra good care - I agree with babysee of informing superiors of ur good news might be a wiser choice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ps. No MS yet - looking forward to my first check up on 21st! =)

Morning ladies!

Had a awkward situation on my way to work this morning. There's a pregnant lady standing in front of me earlier, but I couldn't give up my seat bcos of my morning sickness, am feeling giddy and nausea. Was hesitating whether to explain the situation to her untill the passenger sitting next to me left the train and the preggy took over her seat. The moment she sat down, she was showing her temper by sighing and flipping her papers loudly, and so I've decided not to explain.

What would u ladies do if u were in my shoes? I feel like carrying a tag that says 'hey, I'm pregnant too!'

Jes: My hubby told me not to give up seat too... cuz worried some people might hit me or what esp on first tri. Hubby asked me to bring a copy of the baby's scan whenever I go and if people want me to give up seat, ask me to show the person and say" Im pregnant too!" HAHA. But Im not gon do that..

Right now, Im taking cab to work everyday or hubby fetch me if he got time.. wanna be real careful on the 1st tri first.

I will be leaving for my HM next Sunday to Europe and Im not sure what I should bring as medication except for the folic acid.

for me... I took a while TTC and in fact, it took me some courage to do preg test.. haa.. coz scared of disappointed, yet deep in my heart I know I won't be so lucky... It was troubling me for many days whether to test anot, as the 6th sense was getting strong.. soo.... I tested at night using Clearblue instead in the morning.. ALAS! Positive! I was so happy, tt my eyes went watery... quickly tell hb and his eyes also looked watery... heee... now, looking forward to next Mon's appt. duno what to expect and hope everything's ok...

yah... am feeling glad i let the bigger boss know instead... coz now, I'm feeling so sleepy every minute.. keep yawning yet can't take leave to zzz... some of my colleagues see me so sleepy and gave me a weird look, as if I had been lazy or something like that... one colleague also asked if I had worked PT as Thief at night...haa.. but dun care lah... they'll understand after my 12 wks?

Jes> I also agree not to give up esp u are not feeling well yourself. Before i was preg, I find some preg ladies very rude and expect people to give in to them... I usually give my seat, but some of them never say a single thanks and push u away before u could grab a pole... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i told myself, next time i should not harbour any expectations... but appreciate when people give in to me?

btw, who says only the one on the RESERVE seat should give up her seat? the person beside u should also feel guilty right? I've once seen an elderly on the reserve seat, then a big man beside him... when the preg woman board the train, the big man did not give up his seat at all... so didnt the rest... very bad right?

Poor Jes *pat pat*

I may be unsure of to explain or not but one thing for sure - never give up the seat (esp u feeling unwell) I'd rather be a bad person on train than to risk my bb. First tri gotta be EXTRA careful de.

Protect our BBs come first! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

missyfang, how about bring along ur gynae's appt card? in case of anything and can give them a call? How about a portable thermo flask for hot water coz it'll be very cold over there... ur hb so nice to send u to work...

today finally my turn to have moodswing... ytd I was damn sleepy already yet my hb continues playing his game despite me reminding him I AM TIRED... didnt want to turn in w/o him yet...

then for past few days, i complained of tiredness, he said he also tired... i complained of bottoms getting tight, he said his also... am so pissed... it made me feel like I am thinking too much?

jess, u shld jus pat & rub ur tummy, then ppl will know u r preggy..

after hving my first child & realising that many ppl wld not give up their seats to preggy lady, i started to ask ppl to give up their seats whn i see tht there's a preggy lady, of course i usually ask the preggy lady if she wants to seat first.. i even scold a young man sitting in the reserve seat playing his iphone wif his galfriend sitting next to him.. there was a lady carrying her toddler standing right in front of him & he pretend he didnt see them, i scold him & ask him if he wants his pic posted in stomp..hahaha

hahaha babysee! it somehow sounds familiar to me from the convo u and ur hb had haha! btw i still have abit of cramp stimes is this normal? i hope it is cos my breast hurts and sort of "upsizing" esp waking up in the morning...

missyfang> I am on dydrogesterone (3x a day) besides folic acid as prescribed by my doc. It should stabilizes psychological status of the BB. I suggest you to see ur doc before travelling esp europe's snowing cold now.. Be careful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Speaking of europe my hb promised a 20days trip there after BB's born next Aug. I'm so thrilled!

ah bur's so brave! our train heroin [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bur> haa... u are so brave... nowadays, i dun dare tell those teenagers off... wait kena staring incident and... xxx

bellering> really? i find my hb very unthoughtful and refused to speak to him this morning... my cramps have gone... oh is breast pain in the morning normal? I'm still having breast pain when i wake up and wonder why only in the morning...

Thanks ladies, yar protecting our BBs come first, let them be upset all they want!

Anyone thinking abt childcare already? Think I'm super kiasu, already looking for transfer maid to look after the newborn n my dd at my in law's place. Keeping a lookout for infant care too, but don't think there's any infant care at sembawang.

jess, there's 3 IFC in sembawang, my dotter was wif NTUC IFC, they were great, but horrible in childcare, pull my ger out after 3 days there.. there's a montessori but w/o air con & another one which is the cheapest but always full.. u can search the mcys website..btw IFC govt subsidy is $600, i paid another $650 per month

hi ladies, i tested +ve too!!

this is my #2. my #1 is only 13mth still dunno how to walk, so i still have to carrying him very often and he's very sticky to me.

any gynea recommendation? i haven't decide on the hospital n gynea yet, still considering whether to go back to my previous gynea as he is a little pricey.

Thanks bur, is ur infant care good? I'm considering between maid n infant care, both sides hv their horror story.. But more keen in maid so that she can help with household chores..

Hi all, I'm new here. Was hesitating joining the thread cos I'm not sure how my 1st u/s scan would turn out. I'm 5+ weeks and under Dr SF Loh at KKIVF. This would be my 1st kid(s). Not sure if single or multiples yet. ;P

Is anyone with Dr SF Loh?

hi soulvaction, congrats!

I waiting for my 1st scan to double confirm a healthy pregnancy. actually, i tested using expired test kit and the +ve is faint so probably HCG is low.

I heard tt Dr Loh is always BZ got to wait long long for his appt.

iziz

Hi! Ya, the waiting time can be a killer. I once waited over 2hours to see him for 5mins. But once I confirm my healthy pregnancy, like you, and hear their heartbeats, I think I will upgrade to Private Suit. Cos anyway IVF patients are private rated anyway, so no diff. Jus thinking if I shld swop to Dr Marianne Hendricks instead. Who are you with?

Welcome soulvacation and iziz!

soulvacation> im about 5wks now and cant wait for first u/s scan too to see if single or multiples [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] when is ur appt? im with SGH and crossing my fingers on 21st for mine!

thanks bellering.

soulvaction, i haven't decide on the gynea yet. i like KKH environment, but prefer Dr Joycelyn Wong (TMC). most Dr consultation are very chop chop, but Dr Wong, she'll take time to explain tt why i prefer seeing her.

Hi bellering!

My 1st u/s scan is on 17th Dec before Dr Loh goes on leave. I hope everything turns out well.

iziz

I think you shld stick to the gynae you prefer. You can always ask her if she delivers at KK. Some of them will deliver at more than one hospital.

missyfang

I don't have swollen breasts, just discomfort when I wake up. But I still have cramps similar to AF and quite bad constipation and gastric also. =( Been to doc twice liao.

Constipation is very normal I heard from my collg.. I'm having bad constipation as well and when I went for scan, gynae says my bowel is quite full.. make me so paiseh =(

Back