(2011/07) July 2011

Janice, normally doc encourage natural which we can truly experience the process. I had natural for my 1st and still wanted it for my 2nd. Was so worried tat I had to c-sec in my current pregnancy, I change gynae halfway thru it.

My sis had c-sec and she doesn't feel the process and was pretty upset abt it. Cos bb head too big so can't natural.

C-sec is more ex and some may feel pain during first week due to wound and the wound takes yrs to fully heal internally.

chujie > she quoted me $55 to $70 for around 2 hours.. Does she also massage the baby??

XW> @.@ induce oso very ex??? ahhh....i din noe leh...alamak....i jus now i dun wan to stay in hospital for extra day lol.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] ya...telling my gal...two more wks can come out...then we can go shopping....hahahahaa...soo she better be good n pop out, no need induce...but horr...during bathing these few days...i kind of feel my V abit wider leh....errrr...is it a concern??? what is the diff that if cervix is open but u r not dilated???

hi chujie...just called the massage lady...he quote me $65-70 for 2hr she said if i take 7sessions will be @ $70/session if 10seesion will be $65/session

Chujie> I'm working full-time from home. Nice job right?! hee hee.

We let #1 tried bottle around 3rd month and he was ok, but we were too lazy to sterilise the bottles so I just latched. By 5th month, he started to reject bottles and I just gave up. Sometimes I'll latch him in one hand and type with the other as I need to meet my deadlines!

I give him formula milk by mixing in his cereal in the morning now and latch him only at bedtime. Since I'm going to breastfeed #2, might as well give #1 the goodness of breastmilk too.

feimei,

i rem my last time i was induced w 2 pills, had contraction pains for >24hrs and in the end gotta go for e-csect cos cervix not open wide enough... stayed in ward for 4 days... total is 5 days, 1 in delivery suite n 4 days in ward... total bill is $9k+ n this amt is after subsidy...

dun understand wat u mean by cervix open but not dilated... i tot dilation n cervix open is the same... V is elastic so during labour it will stretch till a certain extent...

XW> thats y i asked a silly qns to my gynae: can i go home after induce? i dun wan to stay hospital leh...he luff lol...he said wat if i into labour...then hv to rush back??? but after induce dunnu when will pop mah...then he say depend on individual lol....haiz~~~ur bill realli scary leh.... @.@

tats y ppl using different terms n words...i hear liao oso confused...so i tinking cervix open = dialation, right? will u feel cervix opened?

feimei, i think it depends on which hospital r u delivering?

I was with KK for #1 and will be for #2 too. I induced #1....also popped in 1 tablet but my wait was super long too coz cervix took v v v v v long to open, I was in pain for 1 1/2 days before it was fully dilated...but in the end I went for emergency c-sect coz I didn't have the strength to push out my bb.

For my hospital cost inducing induce, epi and in the end emergency c-sect, staying in (A1) ward, total cost is $8-9k before subsidy.

hahaha soon-to-be, i think we are in the same boat for #1, bill comes up to 8K!!

so this time round u gng for C-section?

jgwee, ya..8-9K, but luckily, half or slightly more than half than covered by medisave..otherwise sure faint..

Yes, hv to go for c-sect as my #1 was only delivered via csect 1 yr ago....well, at least this time, everything is more predictable, can plan pretty pretty what time to admit, what time to receive little bunny...u? gog for c-sect too?

ooo mine was 3 yrs back...

i think c-section oso kua... c hw it goes...

but i was thinking of whether GA or EPI... tat x mine was GA....

so this x round u gng for which 1?

jgwee, i shld be requesting for spinal which they administrate for me last round as epi didn't work for me...i wan hb to be ard to witness the birth of #2 which he didn't get to for #1..when is ur planned csect date? u will be delivering in kk too?

i gng to Mt A leh.. ya my HB oso nv get to witness the birth of No. 1 leh... tat's y i 1 2 go for EPI c-section loh.. many ppl tells mi.. it's so nice to c the bb once it pops out.. hee hee

i haben plan any date yet leh.. u choose liao?

how cum today all mummies so quiet leh...

jgwee, yup, hv chosen a date with my gynae..but keeping my fingers crossed that i can wait till early Jul coz i'm now on medication to stop my contractions since 2 weeks back...gog to discuss w my gynae whether need to change any plan coz of the recent preterm scare....

soontobe> thats y my gynae said lol...depend on individual...c how easily open is ur V...hahaha...i oso asked my gynae...if induce w 1 tablet n after few hrs still not into labour, can i ask to cut??? he @.@ i tink he is tinking, how come this patient soo funi....he told me...since i m into natural liao...just try for natural lol unless complication then no choice hv to cut...then i told him i dun wan waste time to wait leh...pain somemore....hahahaa...guess he really tink i m crazy....hahahahaha....

what is diff between spinal n epi??? what is spinal???

feimei, i will think spinal is a stronger dose than epi but is seldom administrated unless there is special reason. For my case, as I was already administrated with epi while trying for natural and didn't find it effective coz of my crooked spine, it was between spinal and GA for me during the emergency c-sect then. GA was not recommended and posed a higher risk for me then. So they administrated spinal for me..which was an instant relief to me.....and trust me, I was so tired that i slept thru the entire operation, till I heard my son crying! And after I saw him for 30 secs or so, I went back to sleep again..hahaha

jgwee, ya...they hv to give me e medi v frequently (i think hrly) when I got admitted 2 weeks ago...my contraction was every 1 min interval..and I was only 31w+. Really freak me out then...I m still taking it 3 times a day after discharge from kk.....

im trying for natural...during last visit gyne said bb head alrdy down n not likely to chg position...really hope can be like my mum...her all 4 delivery take very short time oni...

soontobe> i thot epi already v good ler, can ease the pain...looks like epi dun actually work for every mummy!!!! do spinal cost more? what is GA??? pai sey ahhh...soo many silly qns.... =P

feimei.. GA u will b put to Zzzz... and they CUT open to take out ur bb loh...

monday i gng for CTG.. so i'll c wat my gynae says leh...

Most likely C-section kua.. dun 1 2 waste time.... since last x i already feel the PAIN liao.. hahah

feimei, i'm not too sure abt the cost difference for spinal and epi leh...well, i dun really care by then coz i was in GREAT X10000000000000 pain...jus give me anything aso can as long as it relieved my pain...

jgwee> suddenly i oso hv the feeling for c-sect leh...i oso dun wan to waste time...wan to chop chop n get out of there...hahahahaa.....when i told my gynae this...i can imagine the 3lines on his forehead....hahahahaa...tink he nv met a patient like me... =P

soontobe> i can understand ur PAIN ahhh....that's y i dun wan to go through double pain like if natural cannot then hv to emg c-sect...if gg to go through this, might as well i c-sect fr start lol...Hmmm~~~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

feimei

actually if i have a choice back then for my #1, i'd also opt for c-sec.

- no labour pain and contractions

- you know which day to give birth, thus have ample time to prepare/get ready

- will not incur double costs, i.e. delivery suite cost if you try to go for natural then in the end emergency c-sec

- whole process only takes abt 15-20min then you get to see your baby already.

- vagina wun be stretched!!

but of course the good thing abt natural is that your wound heal much faster than c-sec lor....

jas> thats what i hv been tinking lol....after u gals all gg for c-sect one by one... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i guess healing part will be my last concern bahhh....$$$ is more of a concern...hahahahaa...becos dun wan to waste uneccessary $$ cos after bb out, will need to spend alot too...soo if can avoid spending $$$, will try to lol...

but c-sect sound scary!!! =P but the qns now...gynae say since my gal head is down ler...soo try for natural lol...i oso in delima~~~mind hv been blank recently as date draw nearer n yet nothing is decided!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

jgwee> ya....becos i very thick-skin....hahahaha....soo my pain threshold quite high lol...but i scare i will run into complication n hv to c-sect in the end....ahhhh....waste time leh.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

feimei, my gynae's assistant (a gynae too lar) who came to see me and burst my waterbag hor, commented that I hv v high pain threshold as they hadn't even administrated epi for me yet.....but then when the real pain came, I was errr...errr...beyond words can describe

yeah! the pain was horrible! hahaha i REN till 9am den emg-C... u can imagine... i was like WTH!!!!! get it done fast...:'(

jgwee, y u need to ren till morning? I was induced ard 10am on Sat..but only delivered via csect at 4am on Monday early morning...my MIL, mum and frens were all wondering why wait so long for our annoucements...

MIL said she didn't really slp since Sat nite...wahahahaha...

i induce for 2 days leh... den bo pianz... DR brk my waterbag... cos too long liao mah...After breaking the contraction cums since morning i think 10+ till 4++, open till 9cm with in take of laughing gas, den e-emg C loh... HORRIBLE! hahaha

My sis, frds also wondering Y SO LONG... as i off my HP, they starts calling Mt A.. hahahah thou wat happened to mi... Total i stay 5 days 5 Nights at Mt A loh. hahaha

Hi,

I've the following items for sale. 

1. Babysafe sling (used only once) dark blue colour

2. Baby Bjorn carrier synergy (dark blue) seldom use

Selling both items for $300.

Interested can PM me. 

Wah didn't know even after induction can still take so long to give birth, yikes!!

I can totally see the beauty of c-section too, just that I am prone to keloids and don't want an ugly big scar down there...and also scared of the recovery process. But have decided to leave it to fate and see how my baby wants to come out!

Happy weekend all! Am going to try to finish buying all the rest of the baby stuff this weekend and start packing my hospital bag etc. Not many weekends left, yikes!

i went robinsons sale during lunchtime.

stocked up Pigeon wipes, Bottle Detergent, breast pads.

end up too heavy for me to lug back to office, luckily they provide FOC delivery for purchase above $150. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

3-8 June Cardmember's preview.

i suppose after that is open to public.

i went today cos i received their mailer with $5 off for every $30 spent.

I have 3 $5 off vouchers.

so initially bought only $90+ to use the vouchers.

End up i bought $150+ so that i can get their FOC delivery.

hahaha...........

ping> oh ic...so how many hrs did you go thru before delivery? also did you go for e epidural??

chujie> e massaging seems kinda expensive..i m giving up.

lucky3+1> wow, wat kinda job is tat ...so good can work from home, and can see your bb at e same time.

I tot vagina will be back to normal after exercising and if e gynae sew it back tightly?? is it true?? any comments please!! I cant decide natural or c-sec now.

my mil has bought e 'yao lan' and put it at her place. so i told her wat if i bring bb back over e weekends, my hse dun hv any 'yao lan'. so mil said then weekends she will also look after e bb.

just now i go tell my mum, tat my mil plan to take care of e bb from mon-fri, and also weekends now. guess wat my mum said?? "HAO LOR" (== good la) oh gosh man, i m so shocked! wat kinda grandma is she?? she dun even wanna see e 1 n only grandkid. then we ended up quarreling coz i said her. seriously, wat kinda grandma is she?? our hse dun even hv a single grandkid. lousy woman!!

Janice>> it is up to you regarding the massage.. I just pass the information only.. for me.. i think 60-70 for 2 hrs is quite ok.. that mean still about 30 for 1 hour.. I heard from my friend 60 per hours.. but my friend said that her massage lady very good wor.. hehe.. I feel that is expensive.. haha

As for your mom.. I think her "hao lor" doesn't mean she doesn't wan to see her grand kid.. possibly she just mean if your MIL willing to take care is good for you.. so you don't have to worry when you get back to work.. don't think too negative la

lucky3>> nice.. work at home still got salary..

so after 3 months your son reject bottle.. haha.. he is too smart to know you are home for him always.. hehe..

chujie> is it? really heartbroken to hear such words coming out from her mouth. if she really like e grandkid, she wont say such words. i would expect her to say maybe 'then isnt tat we are unable to see our grandchildren'??

when i first get pregnant, she is e 1st person i told her. her first comment is 'oh, you better ask ur mil to take care'. all she cares is $$$$. to be honest, i really full of hated now.

i wish i hv a place to stay..rather than staying wif her. i rather depend on ourselves. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but my mil's side no bedroom. nowhere to go. super sad! i dun wanna depend on her.

Dear mummies, I'm kinda worried lately cos although my edd is end July, I'm beginning to feel some pressure around my vagina area. Lately, my back aches terribly n my buttocks as well....maybe I'm too heavy! Just hope dat it's not a sign of preterm labour!!!

Janice, I felt contractions at abt 3am which is interval of 30mins. Wake up 6am and shower then admit hospital at 7am. My gal comes out at abt 6pm. I had epidural as the pain was unbearable once the interval is every 5mins. I tried to endure using the oxygen mask etc but all dun works.

So this time, I won't hesitate to take epidural immediate after admission.

Michelle, I think tat shld be normal ba. I can feel my bb pressing down and my belly feels very heavy. My backache is terrible. No matter how much I rest on bed it doesn't helps. Doc say it will be worst in another weeks. He recommended me to wear maternity belt which helps to support ur belly but back still pain.

Back