(2011/07) July 2011

janice > ^^ Look forward to seeing your cute cute princess.. My PJs very auntie type.. flowery, long pants.. My mom adv me not to bring and let nurses get hospital's PJs for me to wear..

Btw do we need to buy the stuff to clean the umbilical cord before giving birth, or hospital/ paedetrician will provide?

Janice > Yah my hospital booklet also stated bring my own nightgown but apparently they will also provide. Will check with gynae, maybe you can check with yours too?

coopie

hosp will give you a few packs of the alcohol swap to clean the umbilical cord upon discharge.

If not enough can buy from Guardian Pharmacy also.

Hi all,

My massage lady name is Hamida and her number is 94869481.

I think should be ok to post here.. haha.. advertise for her.. she stay in the east.. but she doesn't mind travel to west for me last time.. but pay a bit allowance for her transport lor..

She is using some more modern herb cream to massage me.. and the binder will be with me overnight.. then next day change a new one.. she told me that she got diploma in body massage and on usage of herbs.. haha..

you all can check the price on her directly.. I kind of remember is abt 30+ over an hour.. but memory not very good better confirm with her..

quite kind lady

janice > my hospital also states to bring own PJs..

Chujie > Ok, thanks for sharing..

Actually last time cotton on got those PJ open front kind but now seems like cannot find.. If not got to go chinatown buy those silk open front PJ cheap cheap and look okie just choose those plain color type..

Janice>> the binder is hers and she will bind me after the massage.. suppose to leave it on overnight.. but usually I bath in the evening then I don't put on again.. haha.. my friend said i wasted the massage cream which is suppose to work overnight.. hehe..

lucky3>> give me 5.. I also very pro-bf.. my first one I fed him till 18 months.. hehe.. lucky that time my colleague also doing it about same time, so we encourage each others..

Really find that my boy is healthier than many other kids that I know..

Chujie *hi-five*

I'm still breastfeeding my 19 month-old boy. I hope to be able to do tandem when #2 is out. I dun think I have lots of milk but just persist on.

#1 has only fallen sick three times so far. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good that u all able to breastfeed for so long. Me dun think can cos my office dun have nursery room.. Sigh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

chujie> wow, you still shower?? tot its not so good to shower..especially in e first 2 weeks. if e binder is provided, then not so bad. but her cream got herbal smells? did you manage to slim down?? hehee...

btw i need to pay $975 so called for gynae's deposit. is it same for your gals?? today my bills is a 'bomb' man, heart bleeding, pocket burn hole. + consultation + all supplements == close to $1.3k. *faint*

how come must do ur own admission?? i only fill up e form and e nurse from my gynae submitted it for me. suying, hows ur bb? head down alriz?? wats her weight n ur weight now?

i go there to do the nesasary paper wrk & payment. so when the day i due my hubby gt to submit the form only. ya my bb head is dwn since last 3 visit. no changes at all. my bb r fine but a bit small nw weights 1.7kg @ 33weeks. my weight nw is 51.2kg, pre-pregnacy is only 41.0kg

oh ic...so well-prepared. hehee...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] oh wow, my bb is so much heavier than yours. i also put on around 10.2kg...my bb sure eat alot, no wonder she got chumby face. hehee..ok you must eat more ya.

Janice>> not shower.. but using the herbal water to wash my body.. in fact.. i use that to wash hair too.. haha.. just make sure you close the door and window and dry up after wash lor.. ok..

the herbal smell is ok.. quite minty smell..

I in fact manage to slim down not cuz of the massage.. but breadfeeding.. I lost 0.5 each day starting from 2nd week.. haha.. but of course.. it slow down eventually.. drop from 63kg till 50kg.. but many friend said I slim down a lot after delivery..

problem is.. tummy still a bit loose afterward.. maybe I didn't use the binder overnight.. hehe..

lucky3>> you solid... expecting still feeding your boy.. I stop feeding then start my #2 plan.. hehe.. want to build up my body nutrition first.. does the volumn reduce once you conceived?

I got a deep freezer just for milk storage last time.. though the freezer not cheap but still save lots of money on formula.. now #2 coming can use again.. haha

janice... seems like i absorb more dan bb lo. haha.... so anxious cant wait to see all our little ones ;)

Janice... Seems mine is a big fat baby. I'm at 34wks and bb is 2.6kg. Doc say 2 weeks later will write admission letter for me. Wonder is he gg to induce me if bb is big. Forgotten to ask him[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chujie>> I've been latching since day one, so I dunno about my supply but I think it did change in second trimester as #1 was only suckling for comfort, can see from the way he suckles. Now that my breasts get a little more engorged in third trimester, I think he's back to drinking and gulping down.

I failed to bottle feed, so it's something I need to work on for #2.

I didn't slim down much till six months after I delivered. I was excercising but I almost gave up looking at my weight and was still wearing my pregnancy short skirt till I suddenly realised my big fat bum was gone. My husband also said the weight lost was quite sudden, maybe it's the hormones. I have a colleague who lost weight suddenly too after one year. My doc also told me that it's better to lose weight withing six months or else the body will have a hard time losing the extra weight later because of hormones.

Morning all! Went for gynae appt yesterday, baby is now 2.65kg at week 34 day 5. At 60.9 percentile. I asked the nurses if this was an ang moh chart, they said it's local, which means Singapore babies are very big!! Doc said baby will grow at least 200+g per week from now on, so am looking at a 3.6/ 3.7kg baby probably!

Jas > asked Dr Tan about the hospital gown thing. She said their gowns have easy access for breastfeeding. Can bring my own if I want to, but not necessary. I will probably bring 1 or 2 "presentable" ones in case need to walk about/ go for breastfeeding class etc?

Going for weekly appts from now on. Doctor is hoping head will engage by next week...fingers crossed, trying to avoid C-section if possible as am prone to keloids and don't want a big scar down there....

hihi morning all mtbs

chujie...i just try to call ur massage lady...but can't get thru...she stay in east side will be better....cos i stay tamp

just to check...

1) must at least go for how many session of massage b4 can see the result?

2) will it "dirty' as in cos she need to use cream then will stain our bed sheet..cos me lazy to chg

3) massage oni the tummy or is whole body de?

paisai ar so many qns

morning mummies!!!!

checkup ytd on my gal.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] she put on 400g n now wt 2.7kg....Wowww....i can feel her wt on mi now...cos i walking slower n legs v suan easily BUT still can walk leh....hahahahaha....

overall, she is doing good but gynae said since she is big...next appt (two wks ltr, by then will be 37wks lol), he will chk n see how....if everything ok, he will wan to induce me the following wk which will be 38wks lol....it's jus a blink of eye....2wks ltr....very fast lol....OMG!!! @.@

hey feimei, your baby is around same weight as me and i think we have around the same due date also? hmm my gynae didn't mention anything about inducing at week 38, wonder if i will have to do so too? she said she will do a vaginal examination the next week to check on dilations and engagement.

hmm i am supposed to work all the way till week 39, so if i deliver at week 38, i gotta start doing my handover asap cos that's in 3 weeks' time, yikes!!

OMG so fast!!!! I am not prepared yet, help!!!!

chujie > just called ur massage lady. she asked me who recommend her to me. LOl.. as i dunno ur real name, i just said someone in the forum recommend to me..

morning..

feimei > wow.. MY gynae didnt say baby is big, mine's 2.63kg at 35 wks and 2 day. But he already done the test to check for infection at vagina. going for CTG test in 2 weeks time..

I hope to work till I pop so I can have longer Maternity leave.

coopie

actually in the breastfeeding classes that i attended in my previous 2 stays, there are some mummies who wore their own PJs, but most of the mothers wore the hosp gown provided.

i guess it's personal preference. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow you're on weekly appt already?

my next appt is still bi-weekly.

i'm 34weeks 3days now.

will be starting my leave in 2-3weeks' time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

really looking forward to it, cos i'm feeling very very tired now..... and walking like a penguin!

chujie> oh wow, tats a drastic drop in ur weight. good la, you are able to slim down so much w/o any exercises. heeheee..

suying> hehe..yeah cant wait to see our babies. i keep wondering how she really looks like (compared to those scan). seems like she looks more like me..hmm...weird, i tot usually first bb will resemble daddy more.

ping> mine is 2.1kg at week 33. not much difference from urs lor.

feimei> u plan to get induce mah?? hmmm..is induce ok or its consider not so good? so ur 38 weeks is around 12 to 17 june?? tats fast! i also feel my leg get 'suan' and panting hard easily. sometimes just dun feel like walking but...must walk more for smoothier delivery. me getting lazier due to bb's weight. hehee

coppie> thot ytd ur last day of work liao??? still working till ur 39wks???

ya...we r the same...becos i got diabetic leh...doc dun wan to risk cos after 38wks, bb might hv issue if they dun get out by 38wks lol.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i guess my next appt, gynae will oso check the below n then plan for induce the following wk lol....i asked how long induce will take leh....can i go home after induce??? hahahhaa....he luff...after induce of cos hv to be warded la...silly me!!!! but he said depend leh...some ppl induce v fast will go into labour...soo take v v v long... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] all depend on individual cervix lol...i dun wan it to be long leh...cos dun wan to incurr extra bill.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

xinyue> i oso work till pop but if gg to induce lol....then maybe i will start my ML on 20th Jun that wk lol....soo at least a few days rest n prepare myself....hahahhahaa...

jas> i feel my gal wt n also walking slower n slower....like tortoise!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

janice > just call to ask only.. not yet booked her. apparently, those more popular MLs are already fully booked. she told me $55-$70 for 2 +-hrs.

feimei > oh ok..

janice,

induce will intensify the pain... ie more painful wor... will incur more cost juz by inducing... heard dat the pill to induce cost abt 200-300 wor... dunno how true...

feimei,

tell ur girl to come out herself n prepare ur body for delivery... cos induce alone is extra cost wor... some more pain is intensified if induced.... n if ur cervix doesnt open, worse... gotta do e-csect... dats wat happened to me the last time... imagine the cost wor...

Feimei > Yah still working till 39 weeks cos my due date was initially 17 July, so thought ok to work till week 38. Then due date got pushed forward to 8 July but too pai sei to ask boss to start my leave earlier, cos already taking 6 months off as it is...So will see how it goes, but hmm i think i should try to be prepared by week 38 just in case. Which is really soon, so scary!!!

Jas > Oh if ok to walk around in hospital gown and it's not "obscene" then think I'll just do that. Lazy to bring my own stuff, esp if it's gonna get gross and dirty. Thanks for the tip!

Btw anyone knows which bottle and teat brush is good, or no difference? I am using the Medela bottles.

coopie

i think it will be even more "obscene" if you walk around in your own PJ provided you wear bra underneath or your PJ material is thick enough to hide.

cos for me, the breasts will be engorged so i feel more comfy w/o bra, and the material of the hosp gown is thick enough not to show the "obscene" parts.

Moreover, if you soil the hosp gown, you just need to ask the nurse for a new set to change.

Whereas if you bring your own, you still need to bring back to wash.

haha!

Dear Mummies,

I am a Feb Mum. I have a head snuggler to let go, blue in colour. Only let my baby tried once at home willing to let go at SGD20. Self Collect at Tampines or Choa Chu Kang. If interested, pls sms me at 96960320

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5546920.jpg]

Janice, yup no harm. if you bring one nice set, can take nice photo also haha. I will see how but shall try to start packing my hospital bag this weekend and decide as I am packing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

getting more and more excited! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyone opting for elective c-sect ?

I see many talking about natural birth or induce.

I have started to pack my hospital bag already just in case.

Bought 2 nursing gowns from mothercare for $70+ after discount. It's very comfy.

My hospital gowns open at the back, so the nurse advised better to bring own nursing gowns. easier for breastfeeding

sorry for the late reply.. very busy at work today

sunshine>> answer to your questions

1) must at least go for how many session of massage b4 can see the result?

I did one week.. but not really seeing result so fast lah.. most pple only do a week I think

2) will it "dirty' as in cos she need to use cream then will stain our bed sheet..cos me lazy to chg

I actually do it on a spare mattress.. hehe.. so i change the bed sheet only after a week.. but not really smelly la.. minty smell.. then I wore a long sleeve PJ for hours before I wash up in the evening.. but friends recomment wash up first then massage then leave it on overnight

3) massage oni the tummy or is whole body de?

whole body but not on the nipple.. cuz breastfeed

xinyue>> so did you ask her for the price? was it ard 30+ an hour like I said?

Janice>> ya.. I didn't do any exercise at all.. and it was hot that time (april).. i sweat a lot.. though I drank lots of longan w date drinks.. I remember my knee and elbow all dry and crack badly..

but although I lost the weight.. but tummy still kind of lose lose lor.. lucky boost big.. so look ok.. wahaha..

yeah i am so curious abt who is gg for c-sect and is her first bb??

my gynae was saying tat if this is ur 1st baby, she would encourage natural birth. initially i keep thinking abt gg for c-sect. but then

- i worried abt e after-effect (tat e pain will last for a month or so)

- since i wanna experience pregnancy (1 bb enough), might as well go all e way.

- c-section more expensive

wats u ladies thinking/opinions/views?

lucky3>> you mean you boy have never on bottle? so you are not working? So he never on formula?

I start my boy on bottle a month before I get back to work.. if not.. no one can take care of him.. hehe..

but he very smart.. I come home mean no bottle that time.. then when I try to stop feeding him at 18 month.. first week have a hard time.. then second week I put the nipple patch on myself.. then he just feel weird and didn't latch.. wakaka.. that's how I totally wean him from me.. hehe..

Hi mummies,i am from the nov thread..Will like to ask mummies here whether anyone encounter coughing badly for nearly a month? I had been coughing for nearly a month. and currently i am in my week 16.At first it starts with only cough during the night when i lay down to sleep then it became day and night cough with some white phelgm.At night i cannot lay down and cough as my lower tummy will be very painful so i have to sit up and cough till i breathless,my cough is like barking cough.Throat always so itchy so have to cough it out.Now i am so afraid to sleep at night.Had drank Sedilix DM Linctus cough syrup prescribe by my gynae and had taken some chinese power medicine from a chinese sinseh and currently taking Duro Tuss cough linctus.Heard that its one of pregnancy symptoms and will go away after week 20.Please kindly advise if anyone experience that.Thanks..

Back