(2011/07) July 2011

Thank you all.. I can close shop liao..

seems like all of you like to shop.. I will shop a bit later for the bunny.. (got lots of unisex clothes from #1).. but surely later on will shop more when she grow bigger haha..

At least this time I don't need to worry about the fountain (#1 gave me tea often last time.. haha)

Star Night > haiyo can try another time for a ger ger mah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] to make a pair...

mdmkhoo> my gynae told me tat with e supplements she is giving me (folic and calcium), i dun hv to drink e milk powder. initially i drink milk powder almost everyday, and by 4th months, my stomach is large! somemore mine is a gal. kinda scary..i think its too much. since then i completely stop.

hi mummies, need help.. and advice...

I am in the 17th wk now.. but i have never felt baby movements.. is it normal? Btw, how does it feel like?

I only felt some pain sometimes, i read that it could be ligament pains caused by the increased uterus, and pushing of the intestines..?

And woah.. constipation is so real.. i never think it will happen to me ... but yesterday...ouch ouch.. even got blood. shocked me out of my own skin...! :p

coco69> me in 18 week and also not feeling any baby movements. i called up my gynae and e nurse asked me whether is this my 1st baby. i said yes. then she said not so fast, only in week 20.

if i really stay motionless and very quiet, only once in a while i can feel 1 or 2 slight kicks. must catch e correct timing.

coco...don't worry. i only felt light kicks at 19 weeks...turning 20wks tomorrow but my kicks still feel very light. more obvious when u lie flat and keep very still. i think for me it feels like heartbeat/ very very light short vibrations...haha dunno hw to describe lah. u will know when it's yr turn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]i also constipate...so eating yogurt everyday helps a little for me.

jan-ice...may i knw what supplement your doc gave you? which brand? i havent been drinking milk religiously

coco.. don't worry.. when I was having my first son.. I don't feel the movement till 5 months plus.. 2nd preg then will be more sensitive.. cuz tummy already expanded.. hehe..

coco > i was now at my 21 weeks and i just felt kicks yesterday... at first i was worried but got an article say first time mum will feel movement later after 5mth so i just wait and it did...

mdm khoo, whether enough or not never cross my mind.. hahaha.. cos my gynae said if i drink milk on that day, i will skip the calcium pill.

eat doufoo products will help??

i also told my gynae i dont like drinking milk powder.. she said drinking fresh milk is fine too. like those HL, Meiji, etc. So i just stick to drinking my Meiji lowfat milk for now :p Cant stand the powder taste too..

ST> i am only given folic acid and calcium pills. no multi-vitamins nor fish cod oil. Gynae said multi-vitamins only for e 1st 3 months (which I misses it) and fish cod oil only starts from 5th months. Her analysis is first 5 months are brain development. So once brain are developed at 5th months, then eat e DHA to simulate the brain.

I am not sure why mine is different from other mums but my gynae is from TLC (Dr Eugene Chua), consider quite popular one. So I just trust her judgement.

Hi janice, ST, Madm Khoo.. THANKS!! So relieved to hear your experience and advice.. Now, I just have to wait patiently for BB to grow stronger, then can kick me harder so I know he is there. Heheh.

ST: Ya. I bgt some yogurts too.. Suppose to help with Calcium and digestion. Must really eat fibre/ fruits/ vege very diligently, else I sure kenna again.

Janice: My gynae gave me multivit (New OBIMIN) - can be bought at Guardian too. And I am still taking additional folic acid separately. Folic acid has no harm to body, if not utilised by body, it will be passed out in our urine.

AS for Calcium, she said if I drink milk everyday, then she wont give me supplements. DHA she wont give too but I must eat fish at least 4 times a week.

Anyway, I bought DHA and some calcium supplements from GNC as standby. DHA is expensive stuff...$72.85 for 60 capsules. If possible, better to eat fresh fish. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mdm khoo, i am not sure wor..shd be able to help ba?? i also dun like drinking milk.. so if i didnt drink tdy, i will take the calcium pill. my favourite dish is doufoo products! i assume they have calcium! hahaha.

Coco69, same like what my gynae had mentioned to me. if take milk, then no need the calcium..

ur DHS supplement is consider cheap. i am now paying $55+7gst for 1 month supply lor! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

baby20: are you able to change the setting of the July MTB Group to a "secret group"? Anyway, i have sent a request to add me into the group. Thanks!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

nanamum: I have problems sleeping at night!! Most of the time, have to wake up to pee. I used to be able to sleep throughout the night, now it is impossible. I am also having backaches, shoulder aches... feel like an old woman...really need a massage! I also hate it when I sneeze; I will wet myself.. so frustrating.. I think I need to bring extra underwear to office. else, so uncomfortable!!

mdm khoo, yaya:

yes, tofu has calcium. See below link for more calcium rich food alternatives (other than Milk) My MIL cook soup and put ikan bilis, suppose to have calcium too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/calcium-rich-foods-list-of-high-calcium-foods.html

yaya: alamak, ur DHA so ex arrhh? I thought mine is already quite ex. Ur gynae gave u wan? Anyway, I bought the algae version of DHA, coz I cannot stand the fishy smell of the fish version of DHA. Maybe thats why its cheaper. Heheh.

Hi, so long nv post liao. Was very busy with my girl's first birthday and then CNY then went on cruise 2 weeks back. Finally can find some time to come in and chat for a while. Sad that i missed the meet up last fri. =( Will try to join the next one if possible.

Duno whether is it that my girl can sense that a sibling is on the way thus she has been extremely difficult recently. Always so cranky. She used to be an angel =( Btw, gynea says my no.2 is 90% a girl also. Although i wish for girl, i duno y i feel disappointed when she said that. Mayb cos i feel that i failed my hubby and my FIL. =(

Rgd DHA, I'm taking Blackmore Omega Brain. The DHA contain is higher than that is in Dhaxtra which was given by gynea. Anyway my gynea gives the green light says i can switch to Blackmore as its Mercury free. So if you girls looking for alternatives, pls ensure that its mercury free. I got my Blackmore from Guardian Pharmacy. And its much cheaper than Dhaxtra. Only $73 for 2 bottles of 60 capsules. means $73 can last me for 4 mths! Save save save! Lol. But pls note that Blackmore is a very big capsule. I rem some of you have problem swallowing pills thus this might not be a good alternative for you. =)

MdmKhoo> lol. We cant afford 3. Dun wanna my 2 girls to suffer just becos wanna a boy. Unless govt decides to provide free. Child care then can consider #3 or even # 4 lol! Hope some MPs is looking at this thread!! Haha.

MdmKhoo> yep! Free education sounds attractive too!! Haha. Y are u not sleeping yet at this hour? I going to sleep le. Very tired after spending whole day with my girl. Hubby working today[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] if i nv reply means i sleep liao ok! You rest early too! Gd nite!!!

Kacey > oh coz my little angel doing shadow kicks so i just want to enjoy this moment before i doze off [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies i juz came back fr kkh.had bad cramps and chest pain.given medication n mc.gonna rest now.take care ladies

rgd multivits, im only given obimin.no calcium or fish oil.i cant swallow milk now also.sure merlion out

Good morning mummies!!

Pinkyrose: take care and rest well!!

Audrey: 1st day of school for u huh? Good luck and have fun :D don't tire yourself too much k

I had my detail scan last saturday. Gynae said everything normal and I am glad about it. He did mentioned that BB's leg is very long.. keke.. He also commented that I am putting on weight becoz I increased 3kgs within the last month.

Oh, oh.. my EDD has been shifted to 27th June, same day as my hubby's. So I guess this year hubby will have to spend his bday in hospital waiting to receive a big bomb from me! keke..

hihi.... leg musles r pain. but i had a great dream last nite... dream dat my gyne told mi 80% i having a princess. cant wait for my DS on sat ;)

maelyn.. my HB oso spend his bday in the hospital when i gif birth to my #1. Too bad.. his bday on the 18th.. but my son cum out 1 day later which is 19th [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

is it ok to post the gathering pic here? or beta not? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning ladies, just read this piece of news from Straits Times today and I doubt we would expect any additional perks on baby bonus anytime soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Govt to help singles find partners and couples to have children

By Jane Ng

THE Government will look at ways to help single men and women find partners, in a bid to tackle the problem of falling birth rates.

More people are staying single and those who are married are putting off having babies, said Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, yesterday.

It was announced last month that Singapore's total fertility rate hit a historic low of 1.16 last year.

He did not provide details of the help that would be given to singles, but said the issue would be a major area of focus when Parliament meets next week to debate the details of the Budget.

'We know the vast majority of people do want to get married; we need to help them find the right partner and also see what other needs they feel need to be addressed so they can settle down early and start a family,' he said at the sidelines of a community event at Senja-Cashew community club.

He noted that the total fertility rate of married couples is two and that is 'healthy'.

'This means if a couple get married, they usually on average will have around two children, which is very healthy and in fact is not very different from Nordic countries,' he said.

The Nordic region includes countries like Finland, Norway and Sweden.

The Government does not plan to offer any more baby incentives at this point. 'The package was just enhanced in 2008. The recession had an impact on the total fertility rate. We're still evaluating the impact of the current measures, so there are no announcements to be made this time round,' he said.

Singles welcome the help to settle down. Operations officer Daniel Chan, 35, said: 'It's quite expensive to join dating agencies' events, so if the Government can help make them cheaper, that would help.'

Said Ms Elle Ho, 29, who works in the finance industry and has joined three dating agencies: 'It would be good if the Government can bring together people with common interests like the arts, and subsidise the classes.'

The increase in singles is sharpest among women aged between 25 and 29, with the proportion climbing from 45.5 per cent in 2000 to 62 per cent last year.

According to private matchmaking agencies, not only do singles here have very high expectations, but another problem is that the same group of people are signing up with the various dating agencies.

Ms Ada Wong, 32, co-founder of The Dating Loft, said: 'There is no lack of events and activities, with events almost every other week. But we see the same people all the time, so we wonder where the rest of the people are.'

The Government set up the Social Development Unit in 1984 to promote marriages among graduate singles, and formed the Social Development Services a year later for non-graduate singles.

The two units were merged in 2009 and renamed the Social Development Network to offer a one-stop centre for dating information, relationship courses and services.

coco, ya lor. i think got another mummy also taking this fish oil called Dhaxtra..

Morning mummies! had a long weekend but never rest much cos busy doing my nephew bday cake...v sianz to come back to work on monday!

Diana, I doubt I will try for another one, intend to just stop at 1 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pinkyrose, take good care and rest well ok!

maelyn, how come now will still shift EDD?? I oso put on 3.3kg the last 4 weeks..haha tat makes my total weight gain to 4.3kg for the first 5 mths..hopefully the next 4mths will oso be abt there then it is easier to lose..i dun wanna hv the case of leftover 5kg to lose like my #1..super stubborn fats!

Morn ladies, yest a bad day for me.

Brought son downstairs n squat down play with dogs a while, but got back strain immed! Din knw so weak.

We can touch pet dogs right?

Then dinner time drk chkn tonic soup, but got indigestion. End up tummy upset n vomit dinner all out! So worry bb bunny got affected.

Gona c doc in a while...

So sianzzz

morning all mummies...

nana> u feeling better??? u back to sch too???

pinkyrose> rest well ahhh....did u see ur bunny when in kkh??? y din u go sgh??? they hv ur record there but i tink waiting time abit longer but they more gan cheong w preggy sooo they will attend to u 1st de~~~

i think most of the mummies whose EDD is early Jul 1 will pop in late June...

feimei.. alot of mummies will join u.... including mi.. hee hee

Back