(2011/07) July 2011

sunshinebb: drink prune juice first thing in the morning on empty stomach. down one whole glass at one go.. always works for me. If i drink it during the day after i have eaten something then it doesn't work..

px22, is it ok for us to drink prune juice on a daily basis? i dun really like to be dependent on prune juices to help me pass motion leh..

pleth, do some brisk walking? actually i did run abit here n there esp during weekend when i bring my son outdoor..

modisch: I dont take it daily either.. I already have constipation problems before pregnancy so I am hooked on to prune juice, I take it only when I don't pass anything for 2 - 3 days.. Drinking it daily gives me bad gastrics..

im also having severe constipation...tried all kinds of remedy but doesnt help

happy-so sorry to hear that.hv enuf rest ok

tmr is my appt..hope to see beanie...

btw,how does this oscar works? coz previous time i went for my gynae appt,he did not mention anyting to me. so i tote tmr can juz go and do the test. must make appt or not?

hello mummies...back fr lunch....went to chinatown that shop (swanton), bot the clarins huile oil...the shop selling at $56 (as what PX mentioned), now they got further 35% discount, so bot at $52....:D i ask the sales gal, she said no need wash off de leh...leave it on de...sooo mummies who using it, do take note lol...

pinkrose, as SGH procedure, need to book appt for oscar scan de...becos the scan will be longer than usual scan and hospital will require to sign some 'consent' form to say u agree to do the scan + blood test...which hospital u gg to??? oscar scan to be do between 11 -14wks...

feimei, i oso wanna go swanston.. they sell panty liner at $1.90 nia leh..hahah. Need to buy more n stock up

shall drag my hb there tmr..hehe

yes yes, i never wash off the cream too. I like it oilier..shiny shiny on my tummy..

hi gals.. if you have constipation, try to take more plain water also.. I found that if I take more water that few days, I pass motion easier.. otherwise, I don't have it for few days..

I heard that contipation cuz by the iron we took through the multi-vit

feimei and modisch: thanks for the tips on the huile oil! getting my friend to check out the price from dfs at the airport, hope can get at a good price. look forward to getting rid of stretch marks from #1 :p hope for a miracle.

modisch: yah I'm also stocking up on panty liner. do you get more discharge that's why? i seem to be getting more since i discovered i was pregnant. is that a normal sign? kinda worried of infection, cos i do get that quite often...

hi hi, for constipation can also try prune yoghurt. It works for me better than prune juice...

Nw at 11 wks + waiting for the 12 wk to come as well as my Oscar scan results before DH inform his parents... Any idea the estimate time for us to get ur blood test results? My gynae doing the scan himself at the clinic... No need for me to go hospital to do...

pinkrose, thot i PM u earlier on who is my gynae??? my gynae is Tan Lay Kok, i'm with SGH. he mentioned to me on oscar scan when i 1st saw him, that was my 7wks becos by the next appt to see him, i will be ard 12wk liao...soo he asked to consider if we gg to do oscan scan anot, if yes, need to let nurse know so that she can book slot for me...

modisch, hi^5, i went to the one at people park complex, smaller shop if u getting more things...u need to go over to their bigger shop, upstair of people park hawker...

pleth, it's normal on the white discharge, i got it when i knew i was preggie...try to keep it clean n dry after each toilet visit....then less chance of infection....i tink mummies here did mentioned before yogurt can helps on the infection but of cos if those serious infection, still better to consult ur gynae, dun self-treat!!!

Lynn, for my blood test for oscar, the clinic called me about 4 working days later to say low risk.

Constipation vs loose stools:

I read up in the net and it seems both, though contradict, are common during preg.

I drk a bit of honey water now.

cary: i guess so too.. #1 is 14months. going 15mths this month. then i'll just wait n see.. don't be so gan cheong to buy first. for my #1, i used a passed down stroller. 5 years already still in good condition. so i don't really want to throw it away.. hence the dilemma.

constipation>> yogurt is good. else u could choose probiotics. u can get it at watsons or guardian. vitagen and yakult are good alternatives too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pleth, i got normal discharge but not excessive..if got excessive, best to consult gynae! my fren got infection during her 3rd tri leh..luckily bb is ok!

feimei, tmr on leave, so will ask hb to drive me there..then i can stock up on shower gel as well. :p

before i was pregnant, i always frequent there monthly to buy working dresses (designer inspired at a fraction of price..haha)

yeah, have successfully passed my 1st tri. now 13 weeks 2 days. bb crossed on new year day. so we did countdown on the bed and then dh n me congrats each other for passing the 1st tri and welcome new yr.

nana-mum, i also realised that these few days i have hot flushes. like as though the heat coming out from body esp face. mummies, is it norm?

hui, i also have the same symptoms. but i feel hungry all the time. and when food does not get into my mouth asap, i shift fr just a little hungry feeling to nausea to shivering to like cold sweat coming out and fainting spells. esp when i am standing up. so odd...

happy, pls take care of yourself. do mini-confinement. try again when you are better.

feimei, u so funny le. baby become roti prata. haha. anyway u all keep talking abt pillow pillow i was confused for a while. thought why u all said i am comfortable haha..

modisch: okay will try brisk walking, maybe can bring my #1 for a walk around the few blocks here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks!

feimei: will keep that in mind, thanks babe! i also wanna try prebiotics, but somehow my MS is making my tummy uncomfortable with yoghurt/yakult related products. will have a lot of gas and i'm bad at burping so will feel horrible. hopefully 2nd trim when feeling better can try.

aloevera: my hubby also itchy to buy new stroller cos my current one is pretty worn out by #1, but its still usable so i asked him to save the money. strollers can be pretty ex huh? like a few i saw at mothercare and toys r us... woah crazy pricing!

pillow, can we hug u to sleep??? hahahaha...u onli meant to hug by ur DH n ur bb onli...not for our usage!!! :D

pleth, i oso din buy, got fr my frenx over the wkend, hands down from her #2, still usable la...i oso dun wan to waste such $$$, if gg to get better brand, it's like $200+...if buy those cheapo brand, cannot last...soo better if got someone passing down, quickily grab...anyway, wun be using for long...bb grow fast...

feimei, dh dun hug me. he only hug his bolster to sleep. haha.

anyway mummies, last weekend i went to jb and managed to get bio-oil. have not used it though cos i read the ingredients have vit A. So i was confused. it looked like clarins oil but smaller bottle. maybe wait till i finish my elancyl first.

pleth: yes.. i'm itchy to buy! hahaha.. so i came in here to get some inspirations NOT TO BUY.. hehehe..

feimei: i had wanted a good one cos i dont intend to stop at one or two.. but then when i had #1, we werent as financially strong.. so i take everythng from my sis. haha. up till now #1 is still using the stroller. that's y i was thinking if i should get another one. but i think again, i didnt use the stroller much until she was 8mths old. that was the time i couldn't carry her for longer than i can in the carrier.. too heavy!! but when they are really small.. carriers are really fantastic inventions. strollers are too cumbersome! hehee...

Thanks PX22 n Lynn

Will try to take prune juice 1st thing in morning n also gg to buy the prune yoghurt later... So tired of seating on toliet bowl waiting n waiting...now in toliet posting again omg

I nv nv hv any problem doing big biz b4 pregg

stroller > intend to get a lighter one..my current peg perego is very very heavy for me to bring out on my own. I kinda disagree abt wearing out the stroller. My son still sit in the stroller when we go shopping once a while to nap and if he is tired from all the running n walking. so buying a good one can last u till he is abt 7years old.

My third stroller will definitely be a Maclaren, can get from the bbhypermart at Kaki Bukit..they hv alot..dun get the latest model..get 2008 or 2009. is cheaper.

hi MTBs ~ Happy 2011 and hope everyone is well today. Start of the yr and I'm already back to the monthly busy routine... sianz

Regarding stroller,

My (kiasu) DH has already bought one.

Modisch.bebe - you mentioned peg perego? my DH also bought that but the model is "Si", its seems light weight to us. Is yours other model?

To the rest - you may want to check out this store at paragon named " first few years" ( i think), they are having some discount (not sure if promotion is still on thou), discount given much more than kaki bukit or Taka.

tze, my PP is Pliko P3.. cannot be handled single-handedly unlike Maclaren! last time when i brought my son out shopping at Plaza SG, to take cab back, i actually placed my son on the taxi car seat first, then keep the stroller, load to the boot then onie pick him up..cos the taxi driver oso dunno how to manage the stroller..lol

pillow, basically sell all bb stuff.

i bought my car seat + stroller from baby hypermart. Maxi Cosi Ario car seat + Peg Perego Pliko P3 (latest model in 2008) for $888! Hahaha..

69 Kaki Bukit Ave 1 Shun Li Industrial Park

aloevera, agreed, stroller looks very cumbersome to me too...like very ma fan...becos when shopping, i oso got stroller 'zoom' over my feet by some reckless mummies....*angry*

modish, its very cheap ah? sorry ah i nvr buy before so i dun really know the rate. sotong me... tks for the add. will mark it down. at least we dun hav to wait for taka fair

pillow: yes. depending on the model. the newer the more expensive. but no need to buy so new one cos it'll become old model anyway. so like what modisch said.. get the 2008 or 2009 model is good enough.

next year march and june got bb fair. in between also got warehouse sales here n there. we'll keep one another on the lookout! hahaha..

feimei: but when they grow older.. its really very very useful. haha.

Goodness... Never thought will have such long shopping list...

Baby cot, stroller, car seat all big ticket items... Than comes the pumps, bottles, baby clothes...

Gosh... What else am I missing...

kaki bukit there not bad... got a few shops selling specially baby stuff. i will be going there to shop for baby cot when i reach 3rd trim lor.

by the way, i am having craving for this chinese pastry called shao bao. i missed the JB ones and they are really fantastic.. any idea i can get good ones in Singapore?

sunshinebb, still having constipation ah? when u go visit ur gynae, remember to tell him ur problem. see if he can help?

pillow, taka fair dun sell maclaren stroller but they sell a good variety of car seat. If u like to purchase separate, then can compare prices. for me, i always buy from a single place then can ask for more discounts.

lynn, baby bottles u can ask if u fren hv any used bottles. Keep them and during taka fair, u can bring to Pigeon's counter and exchange for a new one at 50% off! worth it if u want to let bb use Pigeon. Avent oso hv booth during taka. usually they will sell in package. steriliser + food warmer + bottles for certain price.

stroller n car seat is not necessary to buy that soon. can buy after ur bb is born cos unlikely u will bring baby out during their first 3 mths so will not be using it that frequently. if ur fren is generous, can get them to share n give it to u as pressie too..

i bought my pump from US..much cheaper. Can save abt $300 and now shuld be more because of the low exchange rate.

aloevera, ya...usually when they know how to walk liao, they wan u to carry, when they learning to walk, they dun wan u to carry...opp way...thats by Nature!

pillow: Hehe that makes 2 of us. My DH also only hug his bolster, don't hug me :p

lynn: beginning it seems very overwhelming, but don't impulse buy! check out the various stores e.g. isetan/wholesalers where they have packaged deals, like steriliser with baby food warmer, then they throw in a few free bottles, baby wipes and all, good bargain!

yaya: i bought my baby stuff at this specialty baby shop at chinatown there, quite cheap and often see a lot of parents walk in walk out, so should be good business.

modisch: right!

haha. be thick skinned and ask friends to buy as gifts!! many of them would be quite willing to do it. else ask them to give vouchers or ang baos. works wonders! hahaha.

breast pumps>>

my personal experience is that not all pumps are suitable for everybody. different breasts, different pumps. you can check out http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/ for more information or to try out the different types of pumps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope it helps!

StarNight > i am still having that cramp this morning but now better

Sunshinebb> i feel better now but i am very sick i think i ate something wrong...

mdmkhoo, called up ur gynae n asked abt ur cramp? How come LS n merlion together??? U ate wrong food???

Do take care ya~

mdm khoo,

i just threw up my dinner [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

super sian...

tmr is the first day of school.. i hope i won't puke in class [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Regarding stroller

Personally I find that kaki bukit doesn't sell the cheapest stroller. Really need to wait for the right time and check out brochures and newspaper for disc at shopping centre. The other time I got maclaren techno xt from tangs at only $298. Super cheap lor. Up till now I've not seen such good deals ard.

Back