(2011/07) July 2011

my mum told me to bathe and wash my hair and blow fan during confinement.. she said she did all that and she is still very healthy now and ask me not to believe in the nonsense... All I have to do is to drink more Dom thats all.. I think I am the more kan cheong one..

Wowww....like that jialat leh...soo many beliefs here n there... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] when date nearer than see how bahhh...i booked my massage lady liao....but haven book CL...still tinking which to call...scare kana a lousy one...but i know...partly depend on luck too....

Simone

Are u planning to deliver at TMC or just going for classes there...

Are the classes at TMC better than Mt A or should be around the same STD...

Hihi morning all mtbs

Mdmkhoo

R u feeling better??? If not best to consult ur gyne

So happy hearing so many mtbs go into 2nd tri liao me still another 2weeks...sian

feimei> I also cover myself with blanket but my feet still damn cold. So bo bian wear socks lo. As for confinement, I on air-con throughout my first one cos a Chinese Sinseh said air-con is dry air so wun have 'wind'. Lol. I on fan only when i am having my meals cos the food must hot hot eat then i buey tahan.

Px22 > Maybe your mum is right about drinking DOM part. I only drank a few times when cooked with chicken. Din drink directly w/o cooking it cos I was BF-ing so dun wanna baby to be 'drunk'. So i din really bu myself back with DOM. =( Anybody knows if we can drink now or during BF-ing period? Cos I've got at least 8 bottles in my storeroom now! Mayb i should start drinking them!

sunshine, u are in week 10 now? i still got 3 more days to go to Week 12..hang in there.. v fast will come de!..

I have just rescheduled my oscan scan from 10th to 6th Jan... Nervous man!!

Hows everyone holiday? i had great time cooking for my family yesterday! then my mum clean up the kitchen for me..hahaha..jialat me.

Lynn> I've attended pre-natal classes when i was having my #1. Attended the one my Wong Boi Boi from Parentcraft Centre at TMC. She wrote some books also. She's highly recommended by the ppl in the forum. Maybe u can go read abt her? Hubby and I find the stuff she taught very useful, esp so when my hubby was my 'confinement daddy'. (we din employ a CL then cos it was CNY period and the price is ridiculous!). However, u must be prepared to tahan her lo. Cos she's very haolian one. Not humble at all. Lol. If u keen to sign up for her classes, pls do so early cos she's usually fully booked. Her classes are usually at AMK hub. =)

star night.. woo hoo.. so fast... so hapi for u. mi nw only woli for my scan result on fri. hopefully everything go smooth for mi. N wish u gd luck may u get to see a hogdog or ang ku kueh for yr next visit. i do feel crump on & off too... hopefully is bb expanding lo. cos no spotting at least i feel more relieve.

feimei... hw much u book for yr massage lady. N hw is the package goes??

kacey, ahhh....can use air-con??? but tink DH will jump lol...cos he can't stand cold also...if every nite air con, he will be weak for work...hahahaha...only on very hot weather, then we on air con....i cannot dun hv any wind cos doing confinement...all the food soo heaty...sure ur body get heat up as well...already cannot bath to cool down ur body, worse still if can't blow fan... -,-" ya, i did heard b4 if BF, dun drink DOM worrr....cos dunnu bb can take all the herbs in DOM anot...but now, shld be able to start drinking ler bahhh....but to play safe, do cfm with some elderly for ur chinese doc again....i jus heard fr frenx...dunnu how true!!! =P

feimei> we wun feel heaty de. Cos our body will be very very liang after we give birth, that's why we cannot take any liang food. However, the only impact that we will feel after taking all these nice yummy heaty food is CONSTIPATION!!! I din manage to poo for at least a week. Gotta take medicine from gynea to help me with the poo poo-ing lol!

suying, the lady did for my frenx 2yrs back...so my frenx helped me to ask for price, she charging me $65, my frenx consider her skill not bad lah...becos as compare to her #1 (she din do massage after #1, so she looks very bloated!!), she did massage for after her #2, now she back to her size...so she tink the massage did help!!! she said the lady collect payment every treatment, so only massage for 7days...jus pay her daily....can start massage one wk after natural, if c-sect, need to wait 2wks ltr....

kacey, omg...constipation??? during 1st tri...i encountered the most two days cannot poooo...during confinement will be longer??? i tink i will explode...becos i m a regular person...can drink vitagen during confinement? hahahaha...if can, i will stock my whole fridge with vitagen!!!!

Dear all,

Long time no see.

Last week, at week 13 i discover my baby have no more heartbeat. I would have passed the first trimester by now if everything is ok.

My husband and I grief at our loss of beloved first child. Though is painful but we also thank God is part of nature process that the pregnancy had terminated due to the abnormality of the embryo thus resulted the end of life. If pregnancy contd, we may have an unhealthy child that brings heartache to us.

I prayed none of you will ever have to go through the lost that we've been through. If not for my church, friends and family support, this week would have been a hell for me asking many why questions.

Even though I still ask why and no answers comes to me but i know baby is now in heaven with God.

Here wishing all of you a blessed pregnancy and stay strong for your child and may you deliver a beautiful child in July 2011 this year.

With all my love,

Happy

HI All!!

Wish you all a very HAppy New Year!!

Happy: my condolences.. i'm sure it must have been difficult for you and your family. please take care of yourself now and believe that God will bring you great tidings this year! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

have you all found CL already? i'm looking for one now... any recommendations?

do take care, Happy!

what u mentioned r right, no matter what, we hv to accept it....do a mini confinement n get urself well again n can try again. Next one will be better. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Take care.

lynn, 9438 7016 (Jessica), but hope urs wun clash with mine...i shld be deliver before EDD (9th), shld i delivery on last wk of jun, then she will do for me on 1st wk of jul, if i deliver 2nd last wk of jun, then she will do for me on last wk of jun, u get wat i meant? :p

think u shld delivery after me, right?

hi fellow mummies.

i am new here and a new mummy to be. i have Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and gynae thought that I needed to be on fertility drugs but with the blessings of God, we found out that we were pregnant in Oct naturally. I am about 11 weeks now and absorbing all the things that have happened.

I was feeling very terrible the last few weeks due to the fatigue, nausea and vomiting, no appetite so decided that i need to pick myself up and join a support group where I get to chat with fellow mummies experiencing the same thing.

Hope to get to know you here!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

michell: you are at the right place! haha. we'll go through this pregnancy period together, good and bad!

just wondering, those who have #2 or is having #2, are u going to have two strollers or one twin stroller?

Happy.. don't worry.. God will take care of you..

I also have 2 unhappy experiences.. one before my 1st born and one before this preg..

I conceived my 1st only 1 month after my first lost and he is now healthy and happy.

So don't give up, God will plan the best for you and your husband. He know what is best.

Like you said, naturally termination is better than you get an unhealthy baby after birth that more worries comes after.

Hope you best with future family planning.

When I had my lost, I pray God to grant me a child whenever He think that I am ready.

God blessed.

morning all! Been a few days since I last logged in [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] And am off today cos office closed in lieu of sat's PH. And I'm on leave tomorrow and Wednesday cos my boy is starting a new school tomorrow haha.

happy, am really sorry to hear that. please take care of yourself and bu your health back.

michell, welcome!

aloevera, it depends on how old your #1 is. if the age gap is close, then you might want to consider twin stroller - I remembered some can be "dismantle" into 2 seperate strollers ...

feimei, hee... I also booked my massage liao haha ... working today?

aloevera: thanks for the encouragement! most of my friends are not preggers so i'm getting my advice of my mil. hopefully get to meet like minded ppl here!

happy: i am very sorry to hear that but i would like you to know that things will get better and dont give up hope!

Lynn

I will be delivering at tmc.... But I heard tt mrs wong boi boi is gd... So will go there for class even if I dun deliver at kk

cary, hi^5!!! soo nice...on leave...ya...alot co r off today but mine diff, our xmas n new yr holiday-in-lieu r given to us, take within 3mths lol...so jus nice use for my appt....kekekekee...

Happy: very sorry to hear tt... Pls do mini confinement to bu back your health...

feimei, hee ... but I dun like this arrangement. they used to give us an additional AL and we can take it anytime then just recently, changed it to the following Monday off [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] oh well, have to just follow HR's law haha ... so today I "cho-bo" at home ....

yesterday, my SIL suddenly delivered her #3, 6 weeks earlier but the baby boy was an amazing 3.09kg!!! We were wondering if she carried him to full term, how heavy he will be hee ... but PD said lungs not fully developed so he has to be in ICU for a few days.

suying, thanks hopefully I will be able to see something on Fri...Btw dun worry abt ur scan results, it will definitely be a good one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cary: ic. cos i was thinking.. maybe #2 would be carried on the bjorn most of the time. but stroller is good cos bb can sleep in it..

mich: no prob.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cary, yalol....got pro n cons la...anyway, we r workers...hv nothing to say on such policy thingy...soo jus accept wat is given to us!!!

Wowww...ur SIL heroine ahhhh...suddenly pop out...hahahaa...her bb wan to spend cny with them mah...soo come out earlier...but as long both mummy n bb ok, even if early abit, nvm bahhh...with such adv equipments that the hospital hv, bb will be fine!!! :D

feimei, her's is c-sect (all 3) ... her EDD is 14 Feb but ya loh, my MIL even said bb's full month will be on CNY eve haha ... the bb wants to come out and take ang pow hehe ... we are just amazed by the size of the bb at 34 weeks hee ...

GOOD MORNING MUMMIES!!

How's 2011 treating u mummies so far? Mine is pretty ok.. hehe

Went for my #1 school orientation today, tmr he will start N1 officially! My boy is growing up so fast and till today i still feel as if i hv yet to spend enuf time wif him and to make myself less guilty, i kept buying him toys n clothes (like Daph)..my hse is like a nursery leh!

i got my maternity pillow from Pupsik Studio..very good too. Hook on to ur waist and during breastfeeding, can just let bb lie there n latch. when bb learning to sit, can place it ard the baby to prevent falling over!

Happy -

I was having the same thought as u when it happened to me 1 cycle b4 this pregnancy... just like chujie, I conceive immediately after my prev lost.

Sometimes, there is really no answer to whatever that has happened.

I am glad you have support from people around you.

Please rest well enough and try again soon.

Thank you for your well wishes

modisch, morning! hee ... today's the orientation for him? Mine's starting N2 tomorrow - first time taking school bus so will be interesting hee ...

looks like the maternity pillow is good!!! i shld go n look for it....i hv heavy butt if i trying to turn over to another side of the bed...soo i will stay in position till i got numb, then i turn and when i turn, i feel my bladder exploding, thus, pee session again... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

audrey, tot u gotten the pillow already? u still hv the same issue? for u, is too comfortable to turn ahhh??? becos now got the bump liao...i tend to turn slowly worr...when not preggie, i will jus turn n toss n i oways end up sleeping on my tummy...but now cannot sleep on tummy lol...scare bb will becume roti prata...hahahaha...soo very lazy to turn once i in sleeping position...hope the pillow can help me....

feimei - my pillow wil end up either with my hubby.. behind me.. or above me.. =p

its a sleeping habit lai de.

but i do wake up feeling my bladder bursting and have to be really gentle in getting up.. in case bladder burst

=p

audrey, true...it's our habit...i can't imagine when our tummy grow bigger n bigger....how to sleep mann??? -,-"

Happy

So sorry to hear the new... As I hv been thru b4 totally can understand the feeling till now my heart still aching...but I believe time will ease the pain..must remember to do a mini confinement to by back... Oh can try yang min jiu or dome is very gd... I drink everynight b4 slp can feel whole body very warm...n aft 3mth conceive again.... So must jia you

Yaya

Me this wk is wk 11 Liao but still fighting my constipation... So sad

Suying

U gg 4 Ur scan on 5jan right??? Me gg next fri 14 do update us...so anxious hopefully can c bb dancing

hello all,

I got suddenly pass air got a bit of stool, after go toilet get more watery stool.

anyone experience this in 1st trimester?

Or isit i drk maternal milk this morning on empty stomach follow by kaya bread.

i hope the stool stop if not have to see doc tonite.

sunshine, tell me abt constipation man!! I was soo constipated for 1 whole week.. and when i finally manage to pass motion, it is watery stool and i went toilet after every meal.. my digestive system went haywire!! Drank so much water, ate prune, ate papaya, guava etc oso dun help!

modish,

I was very constipated before this..

when i start to drk milk, it helps to smoothen a bit. but just now is uncontrollable kind.

so far, it stop.

i also took oranges and prune yesterday to aid in my constipation, hope it is just the diet causing it.

Hi mummmies,

start of 2011 has not been too good for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] maybe because of the feasting, my MS came back full force and have been merlion-ing everyday, at least in the past will feel horrid but at least can keep the food inside. sighhhhh.

wooo seems like more things to buy. the maternity pillow seems like a good buy, remember having arm cramps from carrying bb too long while BF. how much is it retailing for?

sunshinebb: i'm going on my scan on the 18th! hope to see more of our beanie :D

Happy: heartache to hear this piece of news, take care of yourself and take nourishment. also, emotionally seek peace and solace in God. Jia you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

eh mummies, do you know what exercises we can do in 1st trimester? i used to gym but i think we can't do 'impact' exercises now. kinda worried to swim in case i slip and fall too. any suggestions for exercise? feeling really 'untoned' and flabby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

thanks feimei. will check it out ;)

Happy.. im so sorry to hear that. pls take gd care of yrself & do a mini confinement k. i believe god will bless u with a beautiful happy bb soon. ;)

so sorry as after hearing wat u have say i feel so sad... im woli very very woli for my scan on dis wed too. i scare god will take away my precious... DH & myself have start to announce but it seems like everything still unstable til baby is been given birth.

god pls bless all of us a healthy bb.

kimifin, I have loose stool quite often I also worry.. but I remember some mtb here said this could be part of preg package..

As long as you didn't loose too much water (drink more to refill your body fluid), I think should be ok.

Modisch n Kimifin

Ya constipation for 2 weeks Liao check with gyne he say is a gd sign n advise me to drink prune juice... Hv try the all the way u gals mention above n nothing really can work for me...now posting in toliet again....wohaha

Back