(2011/07) July 2011

ST> yeah something like tat. thanks for e infor...i also will get something like this. i heard from my gf tat avent also have something like this for e milk bottles.

no woli lynn... wish u lots of lucks. bb will pass his test with flying colours ;) talk to bb be cooperative can liao. ;) cheers

1week before my DS already telling my bb to be cooperative, coz after tat my DH needs to rush to work.. luckily she is a very good gal! manage to finish in 20 mins!

lynn, dun worry, everything will be ok de!

Got a medela freestyle at 350 from a mum stated condition 9.9/10. Will be getting it tomorrow hopefully the condition is really 9.9/10 as mentioned

lol..feimei, still hav mine.. kekeke.. i havent give u yet..

mine is #1/ gender TBC/19th July/Mt A/Dr Geraldine Tan

Lynn, good luck!!! i am looking forward to my DS on Monday... pray hard all is well! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Completed my DS in 30 mins... Bb was so active...

Glad to know all is well so can start shopping...

Yeah all July MTB with gender reporting... Looking fwd to the next milestone...

My dad told DH and me during lunch that he will sponsor us any item... Nw to decide what to get... Hee hee...Is nw like a blank cheque... Have to fill in wisely... :p

Janice> on BPA:

Bisphenol A has been used for decades to harden plastics and turns up in many food and beverage containers including some baby bottles and the linings of food containers. Studies by British scientists have linked BPA to heart disease, diabetes and liver-enzyme abnormalities.

People consume BPA when it leaches from plastic into baby formula, water or food.

Ya the less wind teats are called anti-colic.. I think the NB starter set has this function, but so far the best reviews I heard are for NUK bottles.. My fren uses them and says minimal burping required + totally no colic at night..

Yes Pigeon warmer is hot- I tried at taka fair.. and my frens uses it too.. original price 75, now selling 60 at taka fair..

lynn> wow..so good! wow wow wow..wish i hv such parents too.

Px2> thanks for e explain..so its better to get water bottle wif BPA indication. really, does it means e pigeon warmer is cheapest there?

Hi there! I'm expecting my first bb boy on 22 July! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Would like advice on strollers:

Have anyone use Combi strollers for newborns before? What's your feedback? I am keen on their models as you can operate it by one hand. Maclaren is popular too, but I just find it harder to operate, need to step and bend forward to collapse it. I'm not confident I can do it smoothly if I am out alone with baby.

Hi Janice, I'm thinking of getting the Pigeon warmer and Steam Sterilizer. Prices are quite good at taka fair compared to baby kingdom. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

loulou> first of all, congratulation on ur bb boy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] mine is a bb gal [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] anyway thanks for sharing. i think i will get the pigeon warmer and milk bottles. since i m not working, so i might heads down to taka on weekdays instead of weekends. weekends mrt is way too crowded plus i m alone (dh working overseas).

ixoral, so concidence! she is very nice gynae right? kekeke.. ya.. i also didnt know she also deliver at Mount A till my sis in law told me. but she deliver at TMC that time...

p/s: is my sis in law recommend me to go see Dr G. Tan..thats y we are having the same gynae now.kekeke...

u confirm ur hospital liao ah??? i havent la..but i going to inform Dr Tan that i want to choose Mount A to deliver bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

J2010T, i also not sure got worth to buy stuff or not other than the Avent and pigeon sterliser package

ask u all ah, i got a few left-over brand new nipple teats from my sis in law.. can they be used in other brand of milk bottle? i got NUK, avent.. but i am thinking of buying pigeon sterliser pack at taka tomorrow.. so dunno whether can fit the pigeon bottles.. if so, i no need to waste $$..

Yaya: ok. I was thinking to wait for the baby fair expo on April. Y not you take the teats and ask just incase cannot fit in. But when I bought the NUK bottles the SA say as long as is nipple teats can fit in. But there are brands have bigger bottles. Dunno will it be the same.

J2010T, u mean another baby fair in april is it? not this coming Baby festival at expo from 18th to 20th march? u know any preview write up on this baby fair? cos want to know what to look forward to..

Yeah, i am also thinking of this too. to bring those teat and ask them on the spot. hope got staff for me to ask le.... >.<''

yaya> yup! me and dh like her very much.. she's very approachable and makes us feel v comfortable w her. Was recommended to her by my friend's coll, plus i stay in the east..didnt want to get a gynae at TMC which i've a few recommendations for too. Havent decide on which hosp yet.. thinking of PW East..but like not a very popular hosp for delivery from what i see..so still thinking.. Guess i'll ask her for opinion during my next gynae visit [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi I've a set of brand new Philips Avent Digital Sterilizer (keeps contents sterile for 24hrs) going at $150 (UP $199). Bought wrongly cannot fit the bottles that I have. Interested please PM me.

Yay a: tat time gt a mummy share in fb.

Baby care festival 2011

Date: 18-20 mar 2011

Time: 11am-8pm

Expo hall 6B

Baby expo

Date:22-24 April 2011

Time: 11am-9pm fri&sat, 11am-8pm sun

Expo hall 6A

ixoral, dr tan only deliver in TMC or Mount A wor.. i heard last time she aso did east shore,but not now. if u intend to deliver at parkway, then hav to switch gynae?

when ur coming appointment?

j2010t, yaya... tats another 1.. i already jot down all the upcoming bb fair liao.. keke.

tomolo my turn to go detail scaning! i assume everyone has complete theirs hor...'

Can't wait for expo baby fair. I think there would be cheaper compared to taka coz the rental lower;)) hopefully my thinking is right! Got my medela freestyle breast pump today from a nice mummy. Looks brand new @ 350!! So contented. Now looking out for baby pram. Anyone have recommendation between maclaren xt and maclaren xlr? Which is better ?

Janice> ya now i buy everything that says "BPA free".. just in case..

For the warmer- Avent sells for 60.80 and the whole bundle with bottles and sterilizer selling for 188. Pigeon warmer selling 60 and whole bundle for 199. To me not much diff but I prefer the Pigeon one.. Avent warm has the knob set to 1,2,3 but pigeon shows me 40degrees, 70degrees, 100degrees.. Even though I know it might be jus the same hahahah

and surprisingly, Taka fair for weekend not as crowded as weekday lunch.. i went 3 times already lol..

N i have yet to go to Taka fair. Will go later after I bring my son to the PD.

I would suggest everyone here save their leave or maternity leave because it does really come in handy esp if ur kids are attending infantcare or have older siblings. My son has been sick for the past 5 days n i hv been missing work on avg 2 days per week..wonder how my boss is reacting.. can kiss goodbye to promotion alr..sigh

Hi Mummies,

Yesterday, I have went to taka fair.As per Px22 (px22) mentioned, yes I find the crowds are still ok. Though crowded , but not as if long queue or very squeezy.

Yesterday, I have bought the Graco pack and play playpen bed @$199 and see that the earliest delivery will be end of Apr !!Anyway, yesterday is the last day of the Graco playpen sales, today will resume back to UP of $299.

And for the Pigeon trade in sales, realised that all medium bottles and large one ( BPA ) are sold out at the baby fair ! Only left the S ones [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But when I went to the 2nd level babies dept, saw there's Medium pigeon BPA bottle, but the sales gal said only baby fair has trade in but not at 2nd level , but I thought should be the same sales what... funny.

I wonder will the baby expo will have this kind of pigeon fair again.

yaya> oh i thought she still delivers at PW east..cos my friend's coll delivered there. hmm ok shall ask her at my next appt on 26Mar (still 2 weeks away...zz) Any reason for u choosing MtA over TMC? is it location?

Px22> coincidentally yesterday my friend also told me the exact same thing u said abt the knobs on Avent vs Pigeon warmer. haha. I've bought the Pigeon bundle set from Taka too..chose it over Avent cos the sterilizer is bigger..and thought it wld be easier if i were to sterilize my breast pump parts too. Plus i heard the cleaning process for Pigeon sterilizer is easier than Avent's..

Maureen> $350 for an almost-new freestyle is v worth it! lucky u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thank Feimei... all FILLED up! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] now waiting for popping... hahaha

jgwee> morning....now u soo excited to pop liao ahhh??? hahahahaa....when will our appt start to be more freq??? like once per wk???

ixoral> was at the Cheong choon or watever store at Chinatown before I went down to taka fair.. wanted to compare prices first. The aunty told me everyone will buy Avent warmer cos its made in England but pigeon is made in china and price is the same.. But I went to compare the design and knob i still prefer pigeon ones..

feimei> yes i was there abt 6plus on saturday.. its actually linked to the Chinatown market that we all buy our cheap Clarins stretch marks oil.. 3rd floor walk thru.. Baby cot wise- abt 10-20 bucks cheaper, baby wipes and other misc items abt the same price as fairs, strollers- not all cheaper than fairs- must see brand.. but no point going down until you confirmed u want to buy cos there is nothing to see in the shop.. only catelogs..

px> yea...i went down before...i hv consolidated my list of misc things to get....will check out on this fri show, if not, will get fr the shop lol....big items shld be all in liao...soo is jus bits n pcs here n there...ya, agreed that price wise will not be much diff, most impt this is convenient...no pt run here n there...price diff by less than a $1 nia.... >.<

Morning ladies

On half day leave as today's hub bd..so take leave to pak tor..kekek..

RE: Taka bb fair

I was there yest aftn to look c..hmm..I'm surprised u all said not as crowded as wkday lunch..cant imagine the crowd then cos I felt its crowded & i dun like to squeeze w crowds when doing shopping..:p ended up didn't get anything from there..instead, bought a lot of Pigeon stuff (breast pad, milk bags, bottle washer, cotton wool etc) on the 3rd floor, which has less crowd..

RE: Playpen/Cot

I'm thinking whether to get cos only can last at most a yr..so hub & dad both suggested getting a kids' bed & enclosed it with frame to become bb's bed instead...at least can last him till older..hmm...what do u ladies think?

wat strollers do you gals intend to buy? DH is going crazy with all the choices.. was telling him to wait till Taka fair in Aug 2011 then we bring baby to buy... let her choose herself..

Quinny- too bulky but very pretty

Perego- perfect except that the handle cannot be reversed to let baby face us

Combi- super light but so small.. baby will probaby outgrow it by 2yr old..

Feimei/PX

what shop r u 2 talking abt? *kaypoh*

RE: Expo Bb fair

Tempted to go..but sooo far & to go on wkeneds is a nightmare..

Zach

Agree w u loh..cos though i hv 21 days of leave per yr, I dun seem to be taking a long vacation & still, the leave gets used up fast..actually, i rarely take leave/ cc leave for my boy as he outgrew the age of getting sick easily but still, his cc got dunno how many days per yr of dates which they will closed for teachers' seminar/ teachers' day/ children's day etc

PX

Oh yes..tt was in our consideration too...but hub was saying, though the amt of $ is not much, but he prefers to save it for bb's edn ..sighh..

Cheong Choon store..sell bb's items?

Back