(2011/06) June 2011

Dear mummies,

Just finished my Oscar test today at TMC. Have to scan so many times because my bb is not lying straight and they have to measure the neck thickness. Have do drink lots of water to keep the bladder full and have to walk around so that bb position will change.

After the oscar, rush down to toa payoh (my gynae clinic) for the terrible weekly hormone jabs. I wonder when I can stop taking those jabs and why it is always so painful. Sometimes i wonder my ms so bad, is it caused by the jab?

matahari: oh we have to do the test at the hospital and not at gynae? We have yet to talk about it, she just tell me to go home and think about it and give her the answer on our next appt.

^moon^: Lots of MTBs here are using the Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil. For me, i bought both the Stretch Mark Control Cream and the oil, but very lazy to use them. haehee

eliomummy, sorry about your news. i m/c last nov too so i can understand how you're feeling.. do take care and dont think too much negative thoughts ya *hugz* most impt now is to make sure ur body recover fully and then can try again when u feel ready. dun give up!

quien, my doc told me OSCAR can only do at either TMC or NUH cos only they hav the equipment or something like that.. im doing mine next fri at NUH since that is nearer to my place

Hey mummies

Thanks all for ur concern

I will be fine n strong

JuZ tat no Fate with this bb

But I still hv my lovely boy to brighten my days

Eliomummy,please do take care.I understand how u feel as I had also been thru' it in feb.please do a mini confinement n get ur body ready next time.

Yes,everything is fated as it is,whatever is yours will stick by u strongly.look on the bright side,u might have twins the next time round!'add oil' n take good care of urself.

Eliomummy,

Sad to hear this.

Do take care n rest well.. Hugz.

Clare,

i will ask my my gyane if i can stop jab from my nx visit ...

Ann,

Take care. slp well cos flu need more rest..

Matahari,

I think we hv the same gyane. Dr CH Koh, r u in yr week 12? Dr Koh still hvnt declare to stop yr jab. Me too, I will ask him when can i stop this jab for my nx visit. Maybe you can check with him whether this jab will cause MS. For myself, i dont have much MS but i hate brushing, this will make me puke or will empty/full stomach the feeling is no good.

Re: Oscar

I rem there is a package ard 400plus incl a detail scan ard week 20. did u opt for that?

Hi all mommies, I finally did my 1st scan of my bb. 3.3 cm tall with heartbeat of 177/min. So happy to see laying peacefully in my womb. Nearly cry out when seeing bb. Very touched.

Any1 know what's the difference between first trimester screening and Oscar?

Syrah. I will update list the next time I on my comp. Sad to hear she's leaving this thread

Qiuen,this info is good.thanks for posting it up.I understand better now.

Syrah,hope leikela is all right..

Eilomummy,haha..u might never know.

eilomummy must take gd care of urself..jia you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mtb, i gt a qn..if our bb hb was detected..then possible hb stopped?? very scary..

Joyce,yes.it is possible.a lot reasons for it.virus infection,chromo prob etc etc.in the US,they have cases where the foetus is bigger n jabs were used to revive the foetus.but I think this is nature taking it's course.if foetus is not healthy,then it is better this way.I learn this n accept this fact after my mc early this year.

My gyne did say 90% will survive after having hb.out of the 10% might be parents' genes not suitable together,defective chromo during formation,etc etc..a lot of possibility and the blood test might be able to detect it.

Call it fate also lah.

hi clare..

thanks for ur explanation..yeah if nt healthy,

its better this way..wah preg reali so risky..

hope all of us will have smooth preg till delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes, Joyce. My cousins had these cases. After remove, must work hard to get your body back to normal. Take tonic soup for 2 week and must sleep alot.

Hi everyone...eliomummy, I'm so sorry to hear that..Will pray that everything will go smoothly for you the next time round...

I'm also praying hard that my bb is growing well..Once a mth gynae appts are nerve-wrecking...

Anyway, i spent a bomb buying winter stuff..friends told me to keep myself as warm as possible, to protect baby...gynae will only give me the green light on the 6th of nov...

So far, MS has subsided, but it still lingers on from time to time. But I have been eating proper meals...and am contented with that..

i hope everyone is doing well. I hope Leikela is also doing ok, even though she withdrew..Quien, I bought the clarins oil too, but I also lazy to use them!! hahaha..

Clare, all the curry had me experiencing a LITTLE heartburn, but all was well after walking around, drinking lots of water and staying away from curry for a while..

Take care everyone and have a great week ahead..I have a week of classes to go before another 1 or 2 more weeks of meeting before I'm finally off...can't wait...

Oh. I forgot to mention. I got my friend to buy the clarins oil n cream at airport dfs & they cost 73 each. Think u will save more than $10 each!

Hanis. I forced myself to use the cream last night. Hopefully I will do so again tonight. Heehee

Jay mum, yes I am also seeing dr c h Koh and I am in my 11 weeks now. So far I have not taken any package yet cause the nurse told me it start from third month onwards.

I am going to ask him for my next visit whether I can stop taking the jab since if I am not wrong, I only need to take till 12 weeks. My ms is really bad. I didn't take any solid food at all, only isotonic drink. My body feel so weak and I am very depressed.

Hanis. Do remb to get thick socks for ur trip. Important to keep feet warm. Once feet get cold, the rest of body feels cold as well. And get some heat packs. They are really handy.

Qiuen,

The previous website that I listed quoted Clarins stretchmark cream at $68 only n it's free delivery.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Leikela. I'll pass them on to her.

Hi checking in to read all the updates n discussion.

Eliomummy n leikela, hugZ n take care... Special thanks to leikela who has been helping to update the table, do come back to our thread once u r preggy again ya...

Just had a quarrel with hubby n feeling real lousy... Worse still feel a bit depressed n negative thots.. Is it our hormones ? I hardly feel so sad after a quarrel... Sigh

Joyce, I would say many things r not within our control, even after child is born, parenthood is not easy lor...

Hanis, also remember to get boots with a gd rubber sole that has good traction with wet or even snowy roads or paths.

Ann. It's normal for us to be emotional. Don't get too depressed. Cheerful thoughts [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi, please update the list as I've decided on Mount Alvernia [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Went for hospital tour on Friday with my hubby & parents - 4 of us prefer Mt A than TMC due to it's serene surrounding (TMC seems more popular though)

I'm a bit concerned that I don't really put on weight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but the nurse at gynea place said it's okay as the baby is healthy and developing well.

Others than that, it's the usual sleepiness (or laziness? lol) back & leg pain (but not so bad lar) nausea, etc.

Those that having constipation, maybe can try to eat yogurt? I personally feel that the constipation is better after I ate yogurt daily (those with fruits kind =D i love the meiji brand lol) and those feeling gassy perhaps can try banana? I read it at internet somewhere at it helps and I have a feeling it does work (even if it's not, banana is good source of vitamin for baby!)

syrah > I bought bra extension from La Senza. It came in 3 colours (black, beige and white) I'm sure there are other cheaper alternative around, but I'm a La Senza devout fans =p Too bad they don't have nursing bra in SG [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Oh ya... my EDD changed to 10 June lol is the EDD supposed to keep on changing? If yes, I'll update it when it's nearer to the date so more zhun (got such thing meh? lol)

Hi ladies, I think I spoke too soon....Felt horrible the whole day, then just five minutes ago, vomitted into my little bin..Poor hubby had to clear it up...Now, feel even more horrible, think it's not all out yet..

Was having such a good week, then it came back...=(

Ann, will remember that..thanks for the tip....And dun feel so sad. Think happy thoughts..=) I know I am trying to think happy thoughts, despite this horrible nauseous feeling...oh well..it's gonna be a looong night ahead for me...

so many thread post & so many things happened .. hi eliomummy, take good care of yrself. and jia you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi syrah, the bra extension can get from those bra shop in those old town like amk / tpy etc.

hi hanis, hope you feeling well when you woke up this morning!!

hang in there, ladies. we are alomost 1/3 done!

eliomummy n leikela..hugs!! Take care!

My next appt is only nxt monday. Hope bb is doing well..

Trying to stay positive here...really is scary and not easy. Already having lots of butterfly in my tummy thinking of next appointment.

Hanis,"add oil"soon soon..the holidays are coming!!Oh yes,remember to bring a scarf,neck is also impt,keep warm.and ENJOY the FOOD there!!

(^-^)

Same here,I thought my ms is over soon..but this morning,it was really bad!I thought I was gonna puke in front of my gyne...

I haven't got outmy winter clothes.Taiwan is gonna have the coldest winter this yr(they predicted)..I m TOTALLY not IMPRESS...coz' I hate sitting on ice cold toilet seats!Although we have heater in our bathroom,I always constipate during winter..NOW..it is getting worse..so not looking forward to it.

I m only looking forward to GOING back to singapore~~~~

Syrah,I got mine for free from bra shops.coz' I bought new bras so I asked for free extensions..haha..most of the shops have..

matahari..try to stay positive ok?

Ann,try to think pretty n happy stuff ,yah?I also get irritated easily n try to quarrel with my husband..haiz.but I try not to think much now.

Went to gyne today...my gyne still dont have an ans for my poopping n bleed..oh well..

BB is now 4.7cm but sleeping leh.never see my bb waving to me..the gyne also never wake my bb up,only check that hb is strong thats it..

I will go for the blood test on the 29th Nov.

Victoria,I know how u feel!I didn't sleep at all last night!It is like a nightmare..Like what Hanis said~just before going to the gyne is a torture.

Claire,I wish I can be like you leh!I have gain 4kgs!I took out all my jackets off before I weigh myself in the gyne's office,I wish I can weigh myself w/o any clothes on~

My husband said:luckily I have ms,if I don't have ms,I think I will EAT even more!Which is true,I really cut down on Carbo liao..

Ladies!lets stay positive together!

Haven been checking back for a while, seems like many things happened. eliomummy n leikela, take care! *hugz*

Syrah: Spring maternity do sell bra extension, but onli for 2 hooks. I used to get mine from E2 lingerie. U may wan to try there, got different colors to choose from, and got 2 or 3 hooks.

I'm down with cough and headache, feeling horrible [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I've not update for quite awhile. saw precious last sat, heartbeat going strong! saw head, hands & legs form, so amazing!! hubby was busy videoing & taking pics at the same time. I just confirmed my confinement nanny cos she's just so popular! EDD still around 24/6, think I'll get a firmed date during 2nd trim

clare,

I bled once last week too when i pooped. I think we strained too much when pooping thats why. If its fresh red blood from the butt, its fine. That means the blood is near the rectum. If its dark red, etc then its something more serious. (Touch wood!) Dont worry, its normal! Take care & take more fibre rich food! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

winniepooh: wah. I better ask my friends for recommendation fast and cfm mine as soon as i see my gynae next tues.

raynsky: it took my cough 1 mth to recover. Scary. Having a headache now too.

Back