(2011/06) June 2011

Hi all,

iam feeling better after good rest , i came back from office by afternoon.

but very bad nauseous feeling as i hit evening..

i hope everyone pass this 1st trimester soon.

i think time to buy bra extenders have come.. i am feeling tight ...

welcome all new momies..

i remember lots of sisters here have their scan due dates this week.. don't remember everyones names..

happy viewing ur baby in the scan...

Hi Mummies..

MIA for a few days... was busy during holiday so didnt manage to log in. Hope all mummies r doing fine..This thread is moving fast..hard to catch up.

List is getting longer..Welcome n Congrats new mummies here =D

Hi Clare/Syrah,

Hope u r feeling better.. take care [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Julesy,

I oso alway feel v slpyz ard 3plus whenever in office... keep thinking gg home to sleep.. plus my boy keep distrub me during the nitez..

Fancy,

yes, is bcos of duphaston .. i read from one of my iph app (What to expect) it's said will cause all the burping, gassy feeling etc etc

I do feel puking after brushing.. even day or nitez.. but no choice n we still hv to brush..

JJ,

do rest well..

Qiuen/Clare/Victoria

I oso keep feel like eating just that i alway have nauseas after that..still love my laksa.. i keep ctrl cos got coconut milk.. I also gain weight, my colleague said to me "u like put on weight" .. i was like "oh dear" can c i put on..

Any mummies gg for Oscar test coming 1-2 week?

I just did my u/s today again an am please to report that i saw baby's beautiful limbs!!!! Me and dh were very touched!!

Raynsky: if my baby comes on time, then it would be just nice! I would hv just ended my course!

Jay mum,

The Oscar test is the same as the one for down's syndrome? My blood test for down is next week. Scan is much later at 13th week.

Hi jay mum,I should be gg for Oscar soon.I m in week 10.

I like to eat rice leh...can eat 3bowls for one meal.now,I don't allow myself to eat carbo for dinner.my husband keep asking me to weigh myself,getting annoyed leh..

What is oscar test in Chinese?don't think my husband also know...gotta ask my gyne in Chinese...headache....better go check online first...

Hi Mummies,

This is my first post. My EDD is on 22 June 2011 too. Looks like quite a number here has the same EDD [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I should be around 7-8 weeks now...so far no morning sickness but was very tired and sleepy every day. Appetite wasn't good too. I would feel nauseous if I eat my normal portions. Can't wait for my next appt...was a little disappointed at my first check up as I was earlier than I thought...baby was only 86mm at 6 wks 6 days then...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Fancy- oscar scan is different from

NT scan. They scan for the same thing but oscar is double the cost! But oscar is more accurate!

I read that whitr discharge is perfectly normal!

Oh Chin Ling,

Really i thought it is same. what is NT Scan , why is it necessary to do before oscar scan ?? sorry iam so confused.

No la.. If u choose to do oscar scan, then u dun hv to do NT scan. my doc says NT scan is 80 percent accurate but oscar is 90 percent accurate! But the price is doubled!!

Hi mummies, have been trying to catch up on the discussions though did not post... I survived 1 week Liao looking after my 22 month old n tortures of our first trimester...

I still have not much appetite thou I always managed to find something I can swallow... The bloatedness n nausea peaks at 7pm so I skip dinner n have light supper before I sleep. Everyday I sing Nausea Nausea go away, and dun come back another day...

Glad to read that our babies r advancing well...n mummies r seeing more of bb at routine scans... My second gynae visit Is this fri n taking the DS blood test n early dec will go for Oscar scan...

Also have been tracking the ivf mix up case...

Congrats Chin Lin.. I understand the joy .. Happiness x millions .. Thanks for the explanation btw triple test n Oscar ..;)

Mummies,

I opt for Oscar cos it's more accurate .. My 1st preg I oso opt for the same.. But it's really depend if individual, like if amnio

test gyane said 35 n above than he recommend to do that or like Chil said unless it needed if triple is fail..I

think I hv short memory, I almost forgt what they did for

Oscar test, only rem blood test..

Welcome n congrats piglet ;)

This is getting so confusing. So many different tests & so many different names. My gynae didn't mention Oscar too. In fact when he told us abt the down's test, he even said I don't really need it but the choice is mine. So does it mean that the recommended test is based on our age? Appreciate if someone can provide more insight on this.

Jay mum,yah..trying to cut down also...sooo difficult.

Okie...got it...now I gotta ask my husband to tell the gyne about the tests..

Qiuen

Dunno leh my gene say next appt will do blood test for me

Hmmm maybe see my bb is ok ma ba

Becoz he said is small n heartbeat is very weak

syrah, @ KKH, my gynae did ask me whether I wan to do the down syndrome test, but she said based on my age, I dun have to. But the choice is ours. dun scare urself wif all the test ya?

Chin Ling, that means u will do ur practicum in term 2 next year? gotta tell ur bb to cooperate with u, after u have completed everything then come out. Cos I heard the repercussion is quite great if u give birth before u complete. Do check it out wif the admin ppl, ya?

morning everyone!!

I am not doing DS test though i'm past 35 and gynae say i in high risk now, to me and dh, a child is a gift, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my ms routine had changed from morning to evening instead, i cant take a lot of rice, even if i have to, i need to take together with the soup, cant take rice alone like dat. But when come to beef, i can finish it all, like last sat, have black pepper steak for dinner, i can finish it clean clean, hehee!!

About my spotting, it's just a scare only, ytd morning got a shock to see some spotting, after resting a while and check again, no more spotting.

Morning mummies,

Ann,

Me too .. Mia bcos my boy.. He make me so busy everyday, plus I need to bring him to music class every sat. Recently body feel tired easily, a short walk will made me aching [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Eliomummy,

Your BB will b ok, stay positive [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Raynsky: my practicum Will be from feb to early may ;) so they say if i can successfully complete my practicum, should not be a problem! I just got to pray that everything will be in good timing! *fingers crossed*

On a good note, doc says ms usually peak at week 10 and shud be subsiding!!!!!

Good Morning all mummies and welcome all new mummies...

wow.. busy with attending class last weekend ,,,,, and the thread is really moving fast

still need to attend classes this weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hopefully i won't sleep in class

ms peak at week 10?? wow.. i hope i get past this week.. yesterday ms was bad... i had to sleep early as i didn't feel good at all. didn't even eat dinner... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I hope bb's growing well in me...

Christy.. salad is fine.. you only need to avoid raw food like sashimi coz of the fear of food poisoning.

I've been pretty lucky.. no ms for both of my pregnancies.

I've been feeling very hungry though but trying to control the urge.. I gained 18kg during my first pregnancy, took close to 2 years to get rid of it.

Was just wondering whether the Oscar test is the same as the First Trimester Screening (FTS) at KKH. For the FTS, they due ultrasound scan and blood test to check for down's syndrome.

Hi matahari

Ya..i love garlic too before my pregnancy too! Now i even have to avoid those chilli sauce with garlics..not even the smell of it..cos it really make me feel so sick!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ya..i olso only go toliet once every 4-5days or even to a week! totally no urge at all..then very hard stools! Feel terrible lo.

I drink prune juice, eat 2 potion of fruits and veggies dailys...but still dun have the urge leh!! Haiz.....will try yorgurts!

Hi Eliomummy, these days I also feel very breathless but I thought its probably due to my excitement.

Went for the 2nd ultrasound ytd, Gynae estimated that i am probably only in my Week 5 hence the EDD might flow over to early/mid July.

Gynae then asked me to go back to scan in two week time. Is it really necessary to scan so many times in the initial stage? My family and colleagues are saying that scanning too much may cause harm to the fetal.

Anyone has the same experience?

Also how much do you average spend for each Gynane session? My colleagues said mine is very expensive.

Consultation is abt $65-80. Ultrasound scan is $55-75 and the rest separate charges.

I spent abt $130.00 on my first visit, susbequent is cheaper but since my next appt is 1 dec which will be 11wks, so probably i get to use the package early (my package is $700 exclude supplements and is start from 12wk onwards, my gynae usually allow us to start using the package from 11 wks onwards.

JJ

i oso hope my gyane will start the package with me nx week as im coming to week 11+ when i c him on 16th nov. if not, i still need to pay ard 100 excl my jab.

Heard both the babies' heartbeats today. Both sounded like racing horses! Really amazing moment. My DH was so excited! Another good news is both r at the same size now (25mm - 8 week) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yesterday went for my 2nd scan also..

can see bb's head and legs at 3.8cm!! so amazing..im at wk 10..

so 6wks later gonna do blood test etc already...

Oh package! My Gynae's nurse said they will introduce me the packages after my third month. I have no intention to change my Gynae as I am already comfortable with him.

I just want to make sure that he is not making me visit him so often for no reason.

My colleague said they used to go check up only on a monthly basis even during the inital stage hence was quite surprise that I need to go on a weekly basis. As a first timer, of course I would tend to be more obedient to the Gynae's instruction.

Gynae asked me whether I wanna take a 'An Tai' Jab yesterday but I declined.

I also starts to have big, juicy pimple popping up on my face as well as my back. =(

hi mtb

babies grow so fast?? cuz my baby is ard 3mm week 6..i saw some of ur bb can grow until 25mm week 8?? my next appt (week 9) is next thurs...very scare..

hi all,

i'm new here. i'm having my 2nd bb, now into my wk 8.

EDD : end June

Gynae: Dr Henry Cheng

Hospital: Mt A

Boy/Girl : Both ok

I'm quite lucky, same as my 1st pregnancy, no ms issue. Just that, with age, i'm easily tired and get very sleepy in the afternoon..@__@...

Hi serene..

If you have no spotting or what..really see no reason to have why your gyane ask if you want to take the an tai jab wor,because tat is a very painful jab..actually when i had my chemical preganancy tat time..my gynae dun encourage me to take cos she told me she dun wan me to go through unneccessary pain as i am already bleeding profusingly and most likely bb is already gone.

And its true that no need to visit the gynae so frequently on weekly bases de unless if have spotting or any complication lor.

Umm..did your gynae tell you why he need to see you weekly?

Usually they also won't recommend package at such early stage de.

It just raise my concern a little as it sound like your gynae is trying to squeeze some $$ off you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hope you dun find me too nosey. Just concerns.

Hi joyce

Ya..my bb also only 3.9mm on last scan at 6weeks.

Looking forward to my next appt on 22/11/2010..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi victoria

haha gd gd..hope next thurs i can post my gd news here again..bt compared week 6 and nw week 8, tummy like nt much difference leh...abit worried [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Victoria, during the first scan last week, Dr was unable to spot the baby hence he arranged a 2nd session which was ytd. During the 1st session, he gave me some An Tai pills. Maybe is bcos I told him that I have been experiencing frequent short cramps ever since I miss my period. But ytd scan showed that I have lotsa feaces inside me and he said this might be 1 reason y I keep having cramps. But he did said some parents are more nervous hence would wanted extra supplement/help to stablise the baby during the 1st trimester.

Btw, the size of my sage as at yesterday was 5mm, estimated 5 weeks.

As compared to last week scan, the Doc said I can feel more assured now that the baby is in the correct position. And the scan scheduled abt 2.5weeks later will be able to show a more developed fetal.

At first I also worried my gynae is trying to squeeze some $$ off me. Cos every week $200 is a lot for me... But probably he want to be more sure that I have a smooth 1st trimister bah.

Frankly speaking, I hear and read a lot of miscarriages during the 1st trimester hence its really freak me out!

Hi joyce,

I did my scan yest. 8wk6d, bb is 2cm. When i checked 2 weeks ago, bb was 0.95cm only. Don't know what is the standard size of bb at each week or the rate at which bb will grow. My gynae told me as long as growing each week is fine. I didn't put on weight as not much appetite. I think I ate more before I am pregnant.

Serene and piscean,

How many weeks are u guys? Had the same issue, can only see sac at my last appt ( supposed to be 7+wks) so had to do blood tests n go for another round of scanning later this week..jus wanted to see if anyone was experiencing the same thing as me..

Joyce,

There's no need to worry abt your bb's size. As long as your gynae says all is fine then it's all good. At week 6, my two darlings were 6mm & 8mm. I was a little worried one will be 'greedier' & grab more from the other. So it's gd news for me that the smaller twin has caught up. There can be a growth spurt anytime too so just make sure that u eat well. I was drinking chicken essence practically everyday previously & read somewhere that that may have helped with the growth too.

Serene,

If u r not spotting there's def no need for the jab. In fact my doc today didn't see the need to give me a jab although I started spotting on & off due to the slip on sat night. He said babies doing well from the scan so there's no need to worry abt the spotting. It'll go off on its own.

If your gynae isn't totally pleased with what's he's seeing, then he may ask u to go back more often. So far I've gone for 6 week & 8 week scan with 2 trips down to A&E already. Aft today's appt, my next visit is 5 weeks later which is 13th week scan. So I think it really depends on the progress of the bb too.

Back