(2011/05) May 2011

hi mummies,

i am going to hold my bb's first year bday at a chalet but the chalet doesn't look that clean the last time i went. I think my bb will wnat to sit on the floor n play, etc.

thinking of getting Floor toppers. any idea where i can get from?

sorry one more question, i want to make a cake out of my boy's favourite cartoon but not the creamy type. I thought that was 3d cake but Pine garden and Bakelicious said they don't do that. But i see the cakes they make are quite nice out of cartoons and waht i want. what are those cakes called?

hi twinkle,

yes.. those icing type and pretty in colours.. oh those are fondant cakes.. hmm then correct lor.. one of them said they don't do that.. ;(

have you all seen those nursery rhymes wheel on the bus? my baby likes that n i was thinking of making that as his bday cake. so far, can't find anyone who can do it n it's less than 1 mth away liao.

where to get picnic mat?

maybe you can try to ask cake avenue. i liked their classic cakes but did not try the fondant cakes, so not sure nice or not? But their cakes are pretty.

Ok thanks I try.

By the way, do u know all know we have to provide for bb's 1st year bday like Ang ku kueh n red eggs?

Tdy I heard abt baby's lunar bday must have some traditions or custom which my mil didn't say. Funny that this time her grandson doesn't hv to do it.

Like giving him 3 stuff to choose but Duno wat that 3 stuff is n to do it etc.. Does anyone know wat is this all abt?

Hi mummies

Long time didn't pop by thought everyone is only checking FB. Bunnymum can try Phil's addiction. Isabel is very patient with me even I kept changing the theme of the cake. She even do a lot of research and price reasonable. Most importantly, the cake is so yummy that my guests went for second round. Can pass you the contact

hi mummies, looks like this blog is inactive now..

Hopefully someone reads my msg here.. hehe!

I heard from a friend that her baby (same age as ours- rabbit year) has no more vacancy for her preschool class before Primary 1 type..

I have totally no idea about enrolling my boy into schools before P1.. I know they need to go K1 & 2.. that is like their Nursery or what? last time 2 yrs.. now 3 yrs..? i'm totally turtle on this..

anyone can give me any idea.. ?

i only just started mine at those playschool for first lesson and i heard abt this, scary..

Hi bunnymum, I am new to this thread andhope to join in. My boy is a May Rabbit Baby and I have registered him in my 2nd choice CC as I am the q 210 for my first choice CC, which means 209 babies in front of me.

You might want to start sourcing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi care bear,

Cc means childcare? How about the k1 & k 2 classes? When should we start sourcing around? Other than the usual PAP, what other choices r there here?

bunnymum: They have to attend nusery at age 4, then kindergarden for two yrs before going to pri school. I dun think we need to source early if its just nursery n kindergarden. I intend to just bring my boy to PAP near my house.

Hi whomovedmychesse, welcome.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi bunnymum, Jenny is right. If I am not right, it goes this way,

18 mth and above - playgroup

3 years old - N1

4 years old - N2

5 years old - K1

6 years old - K2

For me, I wanted to start my boy early because I want him to learn how to play and share with other children as he is the only child at home. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For those popular CC (childcare / Kindergarden), is always good to start the waitlist now because before I confirm my current CC, I have problems sourcing around.

I took about 6 months to do my research.heehee Iam abit KS lah

i see! Thanks Jenny and carebear.

i am totally freaked when I see my friends' kids going to classes like Shicida and Mindchamps at such a young age! Mine is still doing nothing at home. Then comes another who said duno nursery or kindergarden no more place when i don't even know if which schools are nursery or kindergarden.. only know PAP.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

also don't know to put near my office or home so i can fetch but i'm still working.. it's half day thingy right?

Hi bunnymum,

My son is attending a Sunday memory one-hour class too. hmm... get him to explore more than learning.

I am a working mother too so I tried to source for school near my mum's place so that anything, it will be easier for my parents to reach him.

My CC do have half day and full day.

bunnymum: If its just nursery/kindergarden its a few hours only, but dunno how long. If not u can choose half day or full day CC. My boy also nv attend any class. But I know alot of pple have let their kids start. Maybe its due to my boy not attending the lessons, he's a slow learner, cun call mummy or daddy and cun talk much whereas other kids can say quite alot of words already.

Emmm.. I am kiasu, I have signed my girl up for GUG on weekends. On the waiting list for Shichida, but don't know when I can start.

Me and my hb decided to enroll her for classes coz we realised she's absorbing very fast, so we want her to pick up some social skills and also other things.

Carebear,

it's good for you, really! My parents are not staying in Singapore. In fact i am working at home right now with maid taking care at home and supervising them. Can't leave maid alone with bb at home. N dilemma if put bb in full day childcare, what is the maid gg to do at home whole day? my maid rather playful.. i cannot imagine what will happen too but i wwant to keep her still..

if put half day, i doubt my co can allow me to go on this arrangement for how long (work from home).. they are waiting for me to go bk office too.

sigh!

Jenny,

My boy same as yours!! cannot call mummy n daddy too! sad right.. u see other kids progressing so fast. i brought him to the leaphouse trial class. I'm amazed some smaller kids can talk more than him n mine salivate alot man..

whomovedmycheese,

what is GUG? u gals are good. i'm so clueless abt the classes available in singapore..

GUG is Growing Up Gifted. You can go for their trial class, they are quite good. Teach Zoo-phonics and they also incorporate Chinese in the 90 min class.

My girl can speak quite a few words like "I want", "Yes", "Please".. which you can hear her saying sss sound. The classic one is "Mai Ye" coz she always hear my MIL asking my FIL what he wants to buy.. That's Cantonese.

I think the key is need to keep speaking to them ba.

Hi Mummies,

I let my girl went for trial class at GUG for the 90 mins. I must say it was an exposure for my girl. She is so use to playing alone at home, don't how to share and was crying when teachers cleared away the toys.

I will think it is useful if we want to expose our bbs with other bbs.

The teachers are quite experience and friendly too.

whomovedmycheese: Which GUG are u attending. My girl is attending the sun class at Usg. Full english though cos i am not keen for them to mix in the chinese component.

I went to google yest. Think J has communication delay. By 15 mths bb shld be able to say a few words. But he can only say mama, baba (without looking at us) and bye. That's all. =(

bunnymum: J doesn't call mama, he will like when he is walking away from me happily then he will say mamamamamama, which means it is senseless. When will he ever look at me and call me mummy?

Hi! I am looking for a swim group during weekdays after 5pm for my 20 months old daughter preferably near to Woodlands. Anyone keen to form a group?

I can't find any toddlers swim group in the north and all instructors asked me to form a group to start.

My girl is on the Sat 9.30am class. Previously she was in the 2pm class, but moved her coz she tend to sleep at 12 plus in the afteroon.

My girl knows how to say a few words, like Papa, Yeye, Makmak, Mama, Jiejie, Meimei, Bye bye, bao bao, bag, yes, please etc. I think need to expose them so that they can learn more.

I started her on Shichida, but it was disastrous. She totally cannot sit still and was cranky. Gosh!

Long time nvr come in already :p

Seems like everyone started some enrichment class for bb. Any feedback on GUG n Shicida? A Fren recommend Happy train... Anyone heard before? Haven't start to dig abt it yet myself...

Whomovemycheese: ur gal attending both GUG n Shi? Any feedback?

hello hello...

wow, i m surprise this is still alive :D :D :D cos everywhere has been quiet :p

Hello carebear/who moved my cheese!

Mimosa, i tot we went for gug at d mountbatten there? wrong mimosa? hahaha

Shicida if i never understand wrongly fr my colleague, they teach u d methods, like flashcards with diff themes (eg: diff countries/items/spot the difference between to pictures). then the worksheets i saw, is actually like what my son is learnin in cc in n2. just tat her son is still in playgroup when he did d worksheet.

My girl attends the GUG at Mountbatten. I find it not bad. Rather than staying home and face the wall, let her be exposed to songs, phonics, mini art projects and people etc.

I find it a bit difficult in the first few lessons of Shichida. It's very much sit down sort of lesson. But after attending the Parent Education Course, I used some of the methods that were taught and I thought it really worked! At least in the last lesson, she could participate and she was smiley. Shichida emphasizes very much on education of the heart. Meaning you need to give your child unconditional love before you can see good results. And that helps to open up their heart and mind.

hi all,

long time did not come in here and was surprised still active as i thought most moved to FB.

hi ash,

how's your little one? planning to go shicida? maybe can do together [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

actually my elder one attended for 1 year and failed miserably and i think it is largely because of the teacher but i do believe their methods are good tho, will prob let me younger one try out too....

ciao..

Vicki: ya, we went for the GUG trial class, but that time was my hb went in with bb, i regreted because he can't give much feedback... =.=|||

mommies, I am planning to put him at 2hr playgroup before sending him to CC when he turns 2yo. any recommendation for a good playgroup near SengKang MRT?? try to search online, but no much luck getting more info [IMG=http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

BTW, do you all still send bb to weekend enrichment if your kid is in full day CC??

Back