(2011/05) May 2011

Val congrats!!!

hey..any mummies here doing yoga or pilates? i wanna sign up for classes..anyone know where is good ah?

sunflower: u have to look at the size/weight of the toys sometimes its not worth it coz of vpost shipping..i ordered fitflop before and it was much cheaper but like booster seats due to the size of the box its not worth...

bumbo: my girl's ok with sitting in it *for now* but same lor..her thighs get stuck sometimes!hahah.

Paper Tearing

i tried on my gal also... she jus look at me... me tearing the 3rd one, she stil no response... then i jus smile at her, she laughed ... aiyo ...

online spree ... me also thinking if it is cheaper to get the baby cubes from amazon ....

think hv to stop for a week, now us$ high, hope next week will drop n continue to shop ... hehe

Viman, like what starfruit said, dun worry, they will catch up real soon! Bcos I find that babies are really amazing, their life power is so strong, this day my bb scratch his face, next day the scratch like almost heal!

Jenny,

Yes, lucky I switched to KK. If I had stayed on at East Shore, NICU cost is $1000 per day!!!! Imagine that times 2 months!!!! KK was still a lot though cos me and bb tog 3 months' stay.

Starfruit, Mimosa,

Thanks! Keeping fingers crossed that she catches up. She is generally a very happy bb. Catching up slowly in terms of height and weight too. Just that she has a hole in her heart and I am hoping no more surgery...

My Boi broke out in Hives today! Was red around mouth area and on the hands. I wasn't @ home to witness but hubby took a video. So xin tong when I saw the clip, cuz he looked so blur and innocent. But hubby says the Hives subsided when my maid cleaned him with a wet towel and aired the area. It's a sign of allergy right? These are the things I suspect caused the reaction:

1) Lotion/Cream - Hubby says it's the lotion/cream because the Hives subsided after wiping off. I don't know which cream (CB Calendula/Mustela Face Cream for Sensitive Skin)my maid used on him today but the creams/lotions we are using, we have used for quite some time with no reaction till today.

2) Formula - We gave him Mamil Gold Step 2 once the 2 nights ago when the Friso Step 1 finished. But last night we replaced with eBM when Jenny advised not to start before 6mths.

3) Rice Cereal - We just started a pack of Baby's First Rice from Bellamy's 2 days ago after finishing a tin of HappyBelly's Brown Rice cereal.

Which item could be the cause of the allergy?

This thread def moves v fast. I have to dig achives to follow.

Deon: i saw many mummies buying leapfrog explorer pad so was thinking if it makes sense for me to invest in one too..

Mickeyboy:not sure u tried bringing kids overseas before but its sure tiring. Yar, 3yr old should be able to enjoy the trip better.

Val: ur kids will be v happy to see mummy more now!

WT: could also be allergy to other things like cloth material, dust etc. Once my bb has a red patch on his face when we put him in yaolan (the yaolan at my mum's seldom in use) and it subsided after wiped with wet towel.

mudppie: haha.. but u havent told me where n wat time u start? cos will only b back to my #1 sch ard 1pm leh.. mayb u all have started ur lunch already..

Jenny, think it's a phase BB goes through with rejecting milk. Mine was drinking less 2 weeks ago and I was so worried the eBM din taste good, I went to taste myself (It's sweet!). Now he's more or less back to normal though he doesn't seem keen on milk after a cereal feed. You should just keep offering him, at the same time pump to keep up the supply if he doesn't want to drink.

Val: congrats!! U now have more time for kids! Like many mummies here. I do envy u! And I do admire yr decision!

Previousmum: how's W now? Is he still fussing? Oh my! I remember ur #2 has it before and now Bb suspect.. U rest well whenever possible..

Ling: same! I thinking if I should buy babycubes.. But now usd high. Wait a lil while more than spree..

Sunflower: wad u intending to purchase? U can ask apple. She spree from amazon b4, but it seems like they ship to her in big boxes leh..

Viman: glad everything's well for u & Bb! May she grow up healthy and strong!

Thanks WT. Hopefully he will go back to sucking from my breasts very soon. Oh my boy also had that when I started him on Heinz baby food. I applied baby Johnson lotion and it went away after a while. But he was screaming his way when his tummy was all red. Then the next day, his legs were red. Luckily its gone now. Shldn't take too long to recover.

Cloud: thx for concern! So far baby W has no sign yet.. But he still quite fussy when drinking milk.. Hope he won't reject milk..

Mudppie: oh.. Tink she still has lesson after e outing.. So mayb I will go alone if I can make it

Oh I just checked with my maid. The cereal we gave was Organix and not Bellamy's... But he's been taking it for 3 days already. Think I rather suspect the Mamil Step 2 formula. Anyway I've decided I will abstain from Step 2 formula until he hits 6 mths exactly. I have more than enough eBM.

V: before preggie, i sign up for Amore for their yr membership.. its an all ladies workout or gym.. dunno the price now though.. so good, i also wanna find time to do some exercise..

re: disneyland

actually when the kids nap, we adults can go shopping at souvenir shop n rest n relax at cafe like wat starfruit mention. its gd for us as we also get some rest and energy to chase aft the kids when they wake up for naps. no time wasted.

disneyland do have rental of prams for kids even if u dun bring any.

Re: tearing of paper

no effects on my gal too! hehe.

WT,

step 2 is 6months onwards or 1yo? better nt till they reach the stated age.

preciousMom,

oh dear, how is W nw? any signs or at least incr in milk intake? hope he will be fine. dun envy la, once u find another job closer to hm or even pt job u can do the same =)

7 oct our trial ends at 1215 in orchard =)

2ww/vicki

thx! dun envy la, am sure u can work out something to be sahm or ptwm?? the grass is always greener on the other side. perhaps when my hb refuse to finance my shopping i will envy u for ur finance freedom then =)

stephanie,

thx. are u sahm or ftwm?

mimosa,

thx =)

luann_mummy,

no celebration got kena blocked ducts!! pain till i cried when i clear them...from 5.30pm till 12mn, latched my gal a few times and expressed 3x...finally feeling so much better nw. phew...wat a way to start my sahm journey. hahaha.

ling,

thx! so u planning to return to wk aft cny?

sunflower,

sometimes it depends. my friend got her jumperoo at sgd$170 3yrs back. if bulky items usually u can expect it to be sgd$70 and above...i order disney already $100++ just for shipping and the box is smaller than jumperoo size....can consider to get using metro/robinson sales.

starfruit,

thx u =) planning things to do and making it a fulfulling one for myself n the kids =)

deon/V,

thx =)

wt,

how is ur boy nw? better? did u bring him to the pd?

little fly,

my gal cfm yes my boy he sees mood de. hahaha. sometimes i ask him he says he wans me to wk so i can buy things for him. sometimes he will say he wans me to stay hm n play with him n meimei =P

cloudpoem,

thx =) why admire my decision?

Val: No I din. The hives dissipated 10 min after my maid wiped him and he was back to old self when I got home. Seems to be the mustella cream since the hives went away after wiping but it's for sensitive skins and we've been using it daily for more than a month. I feel must be chemistry gone wrong somewhere but we'll never find out what went wrong...

WT it could also be a combination of things. If bb ok with the cream, usually will not have such outbreak. I suspect its food too. Ur maid didnt handle any food prior to feeding baby? Could be a cross containmination tat triggered the allergy reaction.

Val how is ur first day as SAHM?

Re disneyland

Yeah lor xamn tired to chiong when kids awake, so when they nap i need to rest & relax before we chiong again when they awake.

LittleFly - If it is good, I don't mind investing in one too.. If you going for it, can order together ?

Val - How life as SAHM ? Enjoying.. My girl was so happy this morning, keeps smiling.. Do not want to leave home for work.

Val: I am sure ur kids prefer u to stay at home coz they can snuggle up to mummy everytime [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bbsitter

So far I am ok w her but my mum who fetch my Bb Yday told me she saw bbsitter swinging my Bb up n down. She told me to remind bbsitter not to swing so hard for fear for brain damage ( there was incident of bbsitter swinging Bb too hard resulting in brain damage some years back). Now makes me worry abt Bb in bbsitter's care. before this my bbsitter has told me Bb can't rock too hard. Should I go n remind her again?

This morn my bb woke up at 6.15 am, reached out and started strumming my lips as if they were guitar strings! Haha. So cute I had to wake up. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Val: hmmm.. lesser fussiness last nite, not sure is it due to my hb brought e kids back to my mil hse, so at least my pil helped to carry n play wif him, then he was happier...haahaa.. but regarding milk intake, still a little relunctant but seems better than past 2 days as well..

Re: tearing of paper

finally he laughed abit after i almost finished tearing e newspaper, so i took another piece to tear n he will laugh awhile more.. initially he aso gave me e 'wat u trying to do' look..haha...

my 2 elder kids asked me y i tear newspaper..haha

@Val: ya, was tinking of de jumperoo. robinson sale also 200+.. tout amazon will b cheaper, can save some $$ for other things. keke. P.S you can spree at home now... hehe

Re: Disneyland

Ya lor then mostly kiddy rides n the q so long have to chiong when they r awake.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Val: hw's ur first day as sahm? I'm a sahm too, tendered resignation without notice when my maternity leave ended n paid back a mth's salary in lieu. I have no one to help take care of my boy n din wanna leave him in e care of outsiders so made e decision. Luckily hubby supported n said he prefer me to take care too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby cube spree: count me in too :D

halooooooooooo ... cool morning today ......

val, ya, hv to wait till next yr b4 start work again ... hope my MIL will come n help me look after the gal ...

if not, dont know how, if infant care, so expensive ...

worst, wait till she is 18mth then start work again ... hv to ask my hubby can or not ...

viman, wat a super sweet way to start the day ...

Stephanie,

Me too in same boat. Tendered after maternity leave and paid back 2 months' salary in lieu to be a SAHM. My mom is here now but I am apprehensive about how to manage after she goes back. Must share notes with you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

spreeing....USD too ex nw...must wait a while especially if getting big tix items... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

recently VPOST shipping also getting more n more ex esp with the fuel surcharge....xianz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@ling: at least ur mil may be helping u out... i gt no one to help :X am also planning to return bk to work somewhere in march. Wil have to put bb in infant care den. initially tout of taking care of her till she's abt 18mts too. But come to tink of it, wen she's 10-12 mths, she can start to interact n learn more at ifc..

Viman: don worry, u can do it. sure sure let's exchange pointers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I oso learnt from mummies here when I silent read e forum. Everyone is reli encouraging n is a source of support [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lil fly, if u r not comfortable, just raise your concern with your babysitter. Like mine, tho she has alot of experience, i will still try to voice out what i feel & she will tell me what are her views & we were conclude together. but put it in a nice way so they wont feel accused & get defensive. cos i find tat hsewife too long will tend to.... my babysitter now is machiam like another mil tat nag at me...

Ash,

I came here to study when I was 18. Have lived in Sg for 13 years, now citizen oredi. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My parents live in India. I think I am the only Indian in this group? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stephanie,

Hehe, my biggest worry is what I will do for food after mom goes back. :p I love to cook all kinds of cuisine, but where got time?? Hehe. Am trying to list things that bb can do while I do my household chores. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lost what i typed earlier so re-typing...

Vicki: you have a bbsitter too ? ha, i don't mind nagging if my bbsitter loves my bb like her own grandson. I worry myself silly and went sleepless on very first night when i have to put my bb overnight with bbsitter.

Deon: i am still collecting feedback on the lappad explorer. Wonder if ipad2 may be better?

Salute all SAHMs here coz i think its a very tough job esp if u manage bb on your own here. I resign to fact that i can't be a SAHM coz no patience w bb and not a good cook. LOL

my work honeymoon is really really over. sob sob. Now work piling up and some i really don't know how to proceed. Kanna stressed... argh.

Viman: yeh I agree. Now my schedule is like 8am wake up, wash up, quick breakfast, 930am bathe bb, wash clothes while bb play w toys. 1030am rest abit n feed bb, 11am read books to him till his nap time n I'll nap. Afternoon I'll go do some grocery shopping or jus window shop n lunch out. Bb will oso nap while I'm shopping n aft we come hm. Evening will be playing w motion gym while I do some simple cleaning n clearing mess in e hse then some entertainment for myself till hubby comes hm. Haha then when hubby plays w bb I'll cook. Ard 730pm will clean bb n change him into pj, give milk n coax him to sleep or he'll sleep while drinking. After tt it's my 'me' time. Some days I'll be giving tuitions n luckily my student is a neighbor n we're like friends so she doesn't mind my bb sometimes 'sit in' while I teach hahaha

Mummies, my baby seems to treat my doggie like invisible and my doggie is extremely scare of him too. Sometimes we will pull my doggie towards him then my doggie will run away immediately. Any mummies with pets? Do they behave the same way?

Back