(2011/05) May 2011

Viman: I think mine can't be screwed on coz I use combi high chair cum bed. Can only clip. But I think clip also hard unless its very high up. If not wil hit baby's face.

Kristle: Tell ur maid she's not here to enjoy. So good life, work half day want to rest. Even better than us.

My baby is finally getting better. He cries much lesser and can play with himself more and also smile when we play with him. But he still has a little blocked nose and would cry during feeding and after that. He also cries when he is tired and wanted to sleep. But its so much better as compared to the last two mths. I'm really contented and happy and hope he will stay this way, if not even better. =D

Exactly man!! First time fresh maid. Ya from phlippines. I got give house rules n time table but I nv expect she want to use Internet! She nv follow time table too. Think tomorrow I m going to redo my time table n house room. Sickening.

Kristie: such audacity to ask for rest.. Tell her no meetups at all. Later they pass each other things.. Here only a week and wants to ask request.. And the Facebook question is way put man!

Ya she said she want to Facebook to see her son photo. She bring along her photo and I ask her to look at that. I allow her to call home daily too. She really one kind. I told her she got more sleep than me. No need to cook still so many pattern. Imagine I am leaving my ds alone with her when I go for work. I really cannot imagine what will happen man. The Facebook is really too much!!!! Arrghhh

Jenny - Glad to hear that your bb is getting better.. Happy for you.. I will look forward to better days for my bb girl too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

The reason I am trying to stop rocking bb in yao lan is I do not want to face the same situation as your cousin. Imagine if we have to bring her for trips and there is no yao lan on plane... ha ha

As for hair loss, did you tried the shampoo ? I am also trying cause also losing hair.. The worst part is I do not have much hair and the hair lost is much more obvious.

Deon: I'm sure ur gal will get better soon. Actually I did many things, pray to god of bed, ask god, drink amulet water, see doc. Everything I can do, I do them all.

Yah lor. If I nv see my cousin baby I might keep rocking my baby in there. And also my mum and friend told me that their sibling ever drop down to the floor before. I'm extremely worried about that so thats the main reason of me opposing to get the yao lan.

I used kerastase hair fall shampoo and also wella sp shampoo. I think nothing helps when it comes to post-natal hairloss. Today after washing my hair the amt of hair I loss is one week of my hair loss before pregnancy. Same here. I have very little hair and hair is extremely thin. Hope the hair loss will stop soon if not I will be botak.

Vicki: thanks! But I stay in sengkang. I am getting quite anxious n discouraged. My neighbor who also had a 4 mths bb found theirs at our same block. They are so blessed !

Jenny: glad to know ur Bb getting better! I think this phase will pass for you soon. My Bb ulcer seemed to be healing but he totally refuses to latch on now. I called him 哭包 coz he cries for nothing. With him fussing like this who wants to bbsit him.

Deon: hang in there!

Kristie: your new maid don't seemed worthy of keeping if she starts to make requests like this n getting expectations all wrong. Usually fresh maids are timid n obedient n tries to impress employers in the very first week.

Little Fly: My baby is opposite of urs. He wants to latch on and he refuse to accept bottle after that. Even if I explained to him I dun have enough breastmilk he still dun accept. Glad that ur baby's ulcer is healing. Hopefully he will stop crying over nothing so that u can find someone to babysit him. I'm not going back to work and have to take care of him all alone for the future.

My baby on bottle strike for day 2 already. Forced her and end up drank only 10ml. She just refused to take the bottle but cry & cry & cry. Super fustrated! I think i want to strave her if she still dun take tomorrow! Sian!

Hi mommies,

Anyone experienced bb suddenly reducing feeds by half? She hasn't pooped in 2 days, wondering if the two are related...

Starfruit; u planning to bottle feed her? Think she recognize the difference btw bobbies and bottle teats..

I plan to start jogging soon, but I wanna make double sure, will it cause supply to drop?

Cloud i have been giving her 1 bottle a day since she was 3 weeks old. Dunno why starting yesterday refused to drink, on bottle strike i damn headache now.

Hi all, me again who hardly post here but wanna rant and in case happens to you too.

Yesterday my mil asked helper to clean and defrost the mini fridge where i store my chilled ebm. I was kinda afraid they would mess up my milk and before going out, told helper to " be careful with my milk and take out already hurry up put in fridge downstairs", for fear that they would leave it sitting out for too long. I have been building up a reserve of about 2 days of chilled ebm in preparation for me returning to work and it wasnt easy!

Then I proceeded to bring baby out to my mums place, came

back 3 hours later and went to check on milk.

Couldn't find t in mini fridge.

Ran downstairs and didn't see them there in the fridge neither.

Opened the freezer and there they were.

Super fuming mad cos I have a good supply of frozen ebm from my sil who as surplus but it's chilled ebm I have been squirreling away! Painfully building up..

The helpers didn't understand difference between freezer and chiller ! Over 10 bottles... And I didn't even know if bb can take to frozen ebm yet. So angry I cried in room. Yelled at them to never touch my milk ever!

Hope this doesn't happen to you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] never assume anything with the helpers. I should have been specific in exactly where and what they should have done instead of assuming.

On another note, does anyone has a sleepy baby. Mine has been awake fir only 2 short periods the whole of Sunday..

Sharon dun be upset at least the milk still salvageable as its frozen and was not thrown away. Any reason why u need refrigerated ebm instead of freezing them? U dun intend to give bb frozen ones?

I am up, my ger fussed since 2am dunno wat happened. I latched a few times still cry. Now finally KO in my arms think too exhausted. And my right breast engorged so go pump out./

Kristle, if I were u, I'll send this new maid to agency since she still so new. Let the agency ppl teach her what are her roles and responsibilities, she is not here to user internet and fb!!

Sharon, y u need chill ebm for 10 over btls? chill ebm can only last in the fridge for 48hrs, after that u need to transfer to freezer.

starfruit, TT said bb between 8-12wks will have milk strike..and he has parents came to him btw 3-5 months bb suddenly drop btl feed.

Now my head swell, bb D rejected Bfree btl and go on NUK standard btl..I just got 3 NUK 8oz btl to spare [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] seems like I'm going thru the same like 5yrs back..argh

Hello, I hadn't introduced frozen ebm to bb yet..l and I typically keep my chilled ebm for about 3 days ...i was afraid bb doesn't want frozen ebm but thank god he took it ok.

I keep a 2 day a supply to back up the feeding run on for when I don't have enough time to express when I return to work..

To be honest, now that my boy is taking the frozen ebm well and looking back, I'm not that angry,. It was at that moment that I literally felt throngs of blood shooting to my sleep deprived head that I was so angry..

It was like I had a planned schedule to intro frozen ebm that got cut short ..

I have a good supply of frozen ebm cos my niece doesn't drink much cos she had op and my sil has supply that is more than mine and my niece drinks less than half of what my boy does so I will go " sapu" their milk whenever their freezer runs out of space..

Cloud poem, re jogging, I asked my massage lady and she advises against jogging in first 4 months cos the insides and uterus etc not "set" properly yet... Brisk walking preferred,.. Have been doing that for 2!weeks everyday, lost about 2 kgs then 3 rounds of durian feasts later, all put back. Sigh. So difficult to lose, so easy to put back.

Re: baby milk intake

Mine same. If he has not poo. He cannot finish his 100 ml. Always left 20 ml. If he poo, all finish. And he poo twice a day on full formula.

Jenny: thanks for ur kind words. Maybe ur Bb is hungry that's why she fusses? Latch on will help u boost supply to meet her demand. Good for your Bb that u decide to be SAHM. It's such a joy to watch them grow n develop especially first year. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Today printing more flyers to distribute. Worry for my boy if he could get a responsible n caring nanny. At times I get so frustrated that I felt like pinching him. Horrible mummy!

Morning Mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Since sat, my bb hve been fussy... drinks abit and sleep for half an hr then wake up and drinks and wants to sleep or fuss. Fed up that warm up EBM for him and he drinks 60ml and dun want ... either sleep or fuss... later on even worse, rejected bottle and cried till i latch him.. arrugh..

yesterday even worse, bb hardly naps in the day and finally ard 7pm falls into deep sleep... think he's too tired.. dun know why pattern suddenly change [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi mummies

I am from the Aug MTB. would like to find out from existing mummies here if you have any good nipple care cream to recommend.

I bought the Pigeon nipple care cream yesterday but the texture is so sticky and uncomfortable !! yucks !

Please recommend if you are currently using a good one and can advise me.

thanks !

I think babies kept changing patterns. Now my baby will fuss every night from about 10pm to midnight. My husband always bth coz he needs to wake up at 4am to wash baby's clothes and prepare the soup for my lunch n dinner. Then I prefer baby to fuss before midnight than after midnight.

My baby is also drinking less. He can seldom finish 120ml and just now when he woke up at 10.30am, I let him suckle on one breast and after 15 min he kept pushing out and threw up milk. Should not be overfeed coz I know my supply is not enough for him. Then I bath him and now he still playing, like not hungry yet.

Mommies,

Any of you quit or quitting your jobs to take care of bb? How does it work? Go back after ML and tender? Still have notice period also right?

@Jenny: Whee ur bb is getting better! So gd tht u can decide to be a SAHM.. I want to do so but can't cuz I have too much liabilities to handle [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@ Little Fly: My mum used to print flyers to look for nannies for my sister too. Think mummies r so wei da [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hopefully u can find a gd one that is patient with ur bb.. Hope ur bb will get better soon! Sometimes I feel like throwing my bb away when I bth so dun worry u r not the worst mummy haha

My bb is very attached to me and my mil can't really handle her.. Mil told me to find another caregiver if my bb remains impossible to handle.. Sigh

@ starfruit: recently there's a flu epidemic in the air.. I just recovered frm fever, cough n flu. Went to the GP to take prescription cuz of bf-ing. But still took a long time to recover cuz medicine not strong enough.. U take gd care of urself k [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: Fussy babies

I think our babies are at the age whereby they start to be fussy? Dunno whether it relates to the 3rd mth growth spurt. My bb also decided to show pattern and refused to slp in yaolan since last Monday, only wanna slp in sling with me carrying her. She also woke up hourly at night demanding to be soothed for consecutively 5 days when she could slp for arnd 5hrs previously. So tired tht I lost my temper at hubby and he took leave last Monday to help with the baby. Bad mummy/wife hor..

Anw I took my bb for TCM infant massage and prescription at Yu Guo and after that her gd nighttime slping patterns returned.. Dunno whether it's a coincidence or tht TCM really helps..

Hello r, just my humble opinion, I think all nipple creams are thick and gooey? I tried avent and Medela and both feel quite icky but they really help to soothe the pain. HTHs.

R, nipple creams are supposed to be edible by infants so they are not the usual type of chemical cream, I use medela which is 100% lanolin, works great for me. I heard lasinoh is the best but very ex at $30+ per tube.

Re fussy baby,

Sylvia, I also have one. And he's those whose cries are so intense can wake the whole neighborhood that kind and he will cry until whole body red and break out into rash. I'm a mummy who cannot tahan baby cries one..

So I also have lost my temper at hubs, many times! I think baby putting a strain on our relationship.. But think the hubs need to be more understanding leh since we are so sleep deprived and still going through hormonal changes..

Hope the fussiness for our babies will end soon..

Good day mummies,

Went for a jog this morning Cux weather felt good..

Sharon: oh!! I thought after 8 weeks, gynae usually gives the clear light to exercise? The only thing I hate about jogging now is, I got to jog with milk breast.. Jus don't feel right when jogging.. Felt heavy at chest..

Viman:

U planning to quit and be sahm? Initially, I thought of searching for job during maternity leave and go back to tender on the day I return. And serve the last month notice.. It depends on ur contract. Most coys ask for serving notice periods, right?

Starfruit:

Think Bb is fussy and she knows it's bottle? Dun feed her bottle when she's getting impatient, give it to her whenshe happy mood?

Thank you Jenny & Little FLy.. I am hanging in there.. She is at her 8 weeks and looking forward to better days.. Jia You.. Jia You...

CloudPoem,

I tried leaving bb at home with hb or mil and going out for short trips, but didn't work out well. Bb cried a lot in my absence and I also got separation anxiety. Dun think I can be out all day leh...

My baby is 2 mths old today. Still letting him wear his mittens coz he kept scratching his eyes and putting his hands into his mouth. When he wear mittens he also chewed his mittens until its all wet. Not sure whether to let him wear anot. Are ur babies still wearing mittens now? My friend told me after full mth dun have to wear liao.

Hi Jenny,

Mine still wearing thought I trimmed her nails. Cos she is very rough, will scratch her face.. She do not really chew on her mittens though

Cloud poem, re jogging, my gynae also says ok leh but ml says no. But should be ok bah as long as it feels ok to you and yes, the milk filled breasts are painful.. Even When Im only brisk walking..

Viman, I thunk I also have some separation anxiety.. When go out I keep looking at watch and wonder if he's feeding already or sleeping or crying again..

starfruit, thanks for the link [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] indeed good!

Viman, u still have to complete your ML, go back and tender with notice. Unless u have annual leave to offset.

Auroa, I think is a passing phase..my boy fussing a week ago too! and till now his milk intake still have not gone back to usual..PD said let him be it is OK, don't force him.

Hi Deon: I trimmed her nails too but I think still quite dangerous when he digs his fingers into his eyes. But sometimes we take out his mitten and play with his hands and he loves it. He just took a 10min nap in his yao lan and wake up and chew on his mittens again until they are all wet.

Maid - am now also headache! The maid suppose to trf to me, the cruel employer doesn't want to sign the form for her to trf but to buy her tix back to Phil!! So she has to start all over again with loan returing back to SG for employment..sigh

I thought by next week I can get her over but now seems like I gotta wait for another 5 wks to process her over after they repatriate her. My nanny said how can human and professional react this way! Ppl are poor and come here to earn a living, yet they make her pay twice the loan to work in SG.

Apple tot u have another maid as option also? Seriously I don't think is a gd idea to get the maid that the previous employer insist of sending back. If I am an employer if the maid is gd yet she don't wanna work for me le I will choose to transfer her but if the maid is bad and problematic even if she wanna transfer I die die also buy the tix to send her away. So far I've help my 2 ex maid to transfer cuz thy are gd but cabt work for me but like my the charcoal face I diedie also don't allow her to transfer n send her back..

Kristle, since the maid still so new y not u send back agency if u intend to let her look after ur bb better get one that u can trust.. This current one like not very trustworthy leh

split, they insisted her to stay and work for them but she refused and wanted to trf coz she was not given sufficient rest & food. She only zz at 2am and gotta wake up 6am latest to prepare b/fast for the family. Actually she wanted to run to HOME or MOM to seek help coz she has given her employer 1 month notice to trf, yet they still refuse to sign the letter..sigh

Her aunt advise her not to lodge a case with MOM coz it might drag on and I won't be able to wait for her to fight for the case. So ask her to return to Phil and come to Sg again with loan. Quite pitiful actually..

Ok, I have another option which the maid passport still pending. So I'll see how it goes..headache la

Hi mummies,

so e gathering at vivo 2molo is still on rite? Hehe.. Dun seem to c any thread regarding tat nw.. Need reservation?? Since so many gg.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] can't wait till 2molo

Hi, I will like to join in the Vivo gathering tomorrow if it is confirmed at 11am....still at swesen's? I have sent a request to join the FB may 2011 group. Can add me in? Thx

Apple i think dun harbour too much hope for this trf maid incase it dun work out again. At least u have a backup plan.

My ger really on a bottle strike, she rejected bottle when we try to feed her at the 3pm feed. Cried till so cham n she would rather eat her mittens than drink from the bottle. Cried till she fall asleep. In the end after another 30mins i gave in and gave her my breast!

Back