(2011/05) May 2011

congraz happymumtobe =)

welcome m, i have the same problem too, but recently i have some cramps, something like stomachache type, uncomfortable but not painful...

Sunflower which pump are u using? I suspect ur pump motor power not enuff!

Re: bf n breast size. My breast increase size during bfing but after i stop it became a smaller size. No good leh.

Congrats kaykay, rest well n enjoy ur new bb.

Val i panicked after gynae say engaged lor so dump hb n ger at TRU n i went shopping around Usq for mei mei first mth clothes! Now settled already very happy. Yeah my doc suggested to put me on mc not sure if co will accept but ok lor if dun just deduct from my leave lor which i carried forward from last yr.

Today is polling day, everyone voted? Guess kay u will be formally excused lah.

Congrat happymum and Kay.. Especially Kay first time only and such a smooth and painless labour.. Rest well..

Maid: so angry with my maid.. I already very bad temper cuz of the lack of slp as bb keep wanting to be carried at night with eyes wide open.. Ytd came home tell my maid to put the breast pump and bb bottle inside sterilizer tell her put inside dun on it as I haven teach her how to use it how much water to put etc.. Told her clearly don on it den she so kaykiak go and on it and when I her she said I tot her b4 den o ask her how much water to put she any how answer infect she run the machine without putting water!!!

Den ytd ask her take pump give me he take glass bottle, today ask her take bb milk bottle she took breast pump den follow by my no2 water bottle where my no2 was not even at home!!!! My hubby keep scolding me said I very firece to maid later she quit how den I even more pissed.. Ytd my maid go my mil house help me take my confinemt food, my mil place jut next blk den she came back I was bathing I tot she already eaten after I come out from te birth rm cuz usually my mil will cook for all who knows she harm eat and still keep quiet den I got scolding from hubby again asking me what I ask te maid do how come she so late still don't go take the food from my mil place.. I was so angry lob she go and take my food how I know she wunt take her one also why she wanna run 2 round I dun understand loh I was in bathroom and she nv tell me she haven eat leh so angry with hubby..

Confinement: how many mummy straightly no on fan?? I was hiding in aircon rm since I discharge but my living rm only got ceiling fan and I need to come out to eat really can't tand the heat

Starfruit same I feel so sad after bf my no1 and 2 my breast size become smaller and smaller b to a to not even a.. People gif birth breast got bigger I gif birth getting smaller now 3rd one I dunnu after aa become what le

congrats to mummies who popped yesterday and today. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Busy looking afer my girl who's sick... fussy and cranky and din want to eat her meals.. throws her food ard the table/floor and took 1hrs++ to eat her meals and thought she dun want and throw, she ended up wailing... in the end, smacked her (makes me so mad.. arrugh).. today she feels better as got meds to flush out her mucus and she's able to talk so smoothly tat she chants non-stop. Think she almost recover and continues her "active routine" now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Went for votting this morning ard 8.15am and not too many pp and done within 10 mins (just opps my blk and to and fro).

Breastfeeding/breast: ya, i also find tat after BF stops, breast also shrinks and smaller than pre-pregnancy.. to change most of my bras and during preg, got to increase by 1 cup.. not sure whether this time round will shrink even further.. better dun.. already so small and shrink ... can't see liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Split, auroa, ii also have smaller boobs after bf !

Anyway will do polling in evening, hopefully less crowded

Weather so hot, i feel like sneaking a shower. Actually what will happen if we shower normal shower water anyway? Any side effects?

starflower, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] think evening will be more crowded bah and weather is getting warmer too.. better do it before noon before weather gets too hot.

For me, i shower everyday after deliery no1 as tat mth (March/April) was superb hot and after bath, almost instantly sweat again. I dun hve side effects either by bathing in herbal or non-herbal water... i just make sure the water is slightly warm and blow dry my hair after bath... even my neighbour who have 3 kids said tat she bath everyday after her delivery and dun hve side effects too... so i guess up to individuals. Btw, my gynae said tat if hve backache after delivery is due to during pregnancy tat din care for the back tat results after delivery got bad backache and hve nothing to do w epi and side effects fr bathing lor.

Sunflower the medela single electric motor is not strong enuff thus does not allow u to yield a lot of milk. For mummies with abundance of milk this pump still ok. Do u have the budget to upgrade to a better pump? If not i recommend u the avent manual pump it should be better.

Ya so hot today!

Congrats kaykay! I hope I Hv a smooth n painless delivery like u.

My hubby's grandma passed away this morning. Duno if my in law expects me there yet. Now walk too much, v area heavy n pain. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but out of respect, shld go but my family hopes I dun go in case chiong cos gg into labour anytime next few days.

bunnymum: it's better that u dun go to the funeral. Ask ur hb go explain to ur in laws n relatives, i'm sure they'll understand.

@starfruit: oh no..sianz. wasted, saw the avent pump at mothercare fair but didnt buy cos tout can make do with the medela one. looks like i need to get a new pump le.. sobz.

Sunflower: if hard like a rock, put cold cabbage? It'll ease some engorgement, but will decrease some breastmilk supply. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Happymumtobe: u jus gave birth yest, right? Milk kicks in ard day 3 onwards, i was the same when my Bb was born.. I latch her on for almost 2 hrs but she's always slept. And when she's awake, she got over hungry that my milk is not sufficient. Has to top up 2 FM at hosp. But once reach home, I'm tbf le.. Jia you! U drink more water too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Split: I switch on fan to sleep leh.. This kind of weather can kill! My mil don't allow us to on air con... And about ur maid, if can, jus leave her with normal household chores.. Dun get angry and quarrel with hubby because of her.. Can ur maid understand English? Got language barrier?

Kaykay: congrats leh.. And ut stitch did 1 hr? Oh dear! How is it now? Did they give u some ointment to spray or apply? When pee pee might sting ur wound.. Tolerate for 1-2 days and u're fine... Started breastfeeding le ma?

Buunymum: better not to go.. Clash. Red and white issues better not to. Than u cannot celebrate full month too?

Sunflower: I'm using avent manual. And works well for me. Urs is auto?

Bunny mum,

Depends on ur family, my paternal grandma passed away in march and I went to attend the wake, just not on the first and last day, it shd be ok.

Kay Kay, congrats!

Starfruit,

To me, everyday since return fr hospital is very hot, sweating non stop, esp after meals.

I just had my first bath yesterday. For my hair I will try to ren till Sunday, which is one week then I wash... One more day to go,

Fan, my living room is ceiling fan so it will be on most of the time, I will be there as well to watch tv and fuss over my boy, so still will Kenna fan, think shd be ok, else the weather really can kill.

Cloud my maid with us half a yr le an she Filipino and can kaypo read newspaper one so english should be gd she alway like to do thing b4 she fully understood

I am not sure if I can hold bb's full mth also. Will be disappointed if cannot. When my fil passed away, I think have not crossed over 3 mths, my eldest bro in law continued holding his bb's full mth.

My sis in law is 4 mths pregnant now too and my hubby jus told me she has to go down n tie some red ribbon on the waist. Apparently my mother in law discouraged me from going down but the eldest Uncle's wife said by right should go down n she told her daughter in law to go down too but hers not due till next mth I think. This is always tricky with elders ard.

Bunny mum,

Th first day is the closing of the coffin, so preggie not suppose to see or be around. Cannot send on the last day as well. If u go to the wake, will need to wear a red ribbon around ur tummy. The red ribbon can keep, after u delivery, can let bb tie, suppose to bless the bb. I let my bb tie now.

Split, I didn't on the fan for the entire month.. I've to bear with the heat & sweat while taking my meals.. My massage lady told me that sweating it out will help to detox... Anyway, I've finish my confinement...

Cloud, u latch bb for 2 hrs, ur nipple not sore? Mine after half hr I buah ta Han, some more the confinement lady here will try to feed her after I finish latching if bb is unsettled. I pump for 15 mins each side, now total can only get abt 60 ml. Trying to build up the supply... Prob bb latch not good so I get sore nipples...

Cloud, ya yty just gave birth. Not a sight of milk yet, I din latch ling, baby mouth keep coming out, dun want to suck. Just now gave him fm le, yty till now dud not drink anything so give him a but of fm. Hope my supply will come in tmr.

I was sweating in hospital now, told mg mum u going to on aircon when I bk home else how to tahan this weather.

Sunflower if u have buget go for the medela freestyle or PISA. Thevmotor suction is good n strong. Alternatively if buget constrain get the avent manual pump. Among all the manual this is one of the best but hands will get yired initially cos manual pump mah. U can use this manal pump on one side of the breast while u latch bb on the other side this stimulation on both sidecat one time can yield a lot of milk.

Bbpoohfamily norm to have sore nipples cos bb latching constantly now. Once u "season" ur nipples after a while n also bb can latch correctlh u will not have much pain. Bging is actually painless exp in initial stage when ur nipples are getting use to the constant abrasion.

Bunnymum not advisable to go down in your current state. If u really need to go maybe tonight or this evening for a short while to pay respect. U should not wear the badges n other funeral attire stuff cos will clash. The elders will understand one. When my hb grandma passed away when i was preg with #1 i jst went down on 2nd day evening for while. After tat hb there most of the time while i stay hm. Was not there on last day too. My MIL n mum both ask me no need to go .

Dolly envy u that ur confinement over!! I cant believe i need to do confinement in this current weather。 can die from over heating!

Yes sweating is good cos ur body is purging all the water retention n will slim down too hehe

Split, my maid game over! I am gonna broom her out after my confinement. Very very pissed off already..

I'll share more when I hv time. Super irritating & this morning I cannot take it anymore I throw nappy cream box on her but missed..kns she is lucky coz today p hol or else I broom her out already.

Now I am glad my wound & healing process is painless..or else I seriously dunno how to mange the idiot w bb & pain..gosh

Cloudpoem, no fan..haha I don think I can survive! I on Aircon in the room & fan while I eat. Guest what I sweat like mad cow.

My no.1 was bad at latching too initially used to latch her for min 45-60 mins each feed i was exhausted all the time. But it got better n after while she became such a good sucker 5-10 mins done !! N help me clear engorgement n blobk ducts all the time. Hehehe

Happymumtobe, pls still latch cos now u will have colustrum i call it the golden milk very very good good for bb.,pls let him take this after ur milk comes in u wont have this initial colustrum already cos only present in the first few days before milk comes in.

Starfruit, no colostrum aso, totally nothing out from breast at all..sob..

Bunnymum, think you just go to the wakd and show face for a while, will be very tired fir you to sit there off ling and you are due anytime. Since your mil can excuse you, dun care wat the other aunty says.

Happymum, sure have colostrum just that u can't see..let bb sucker every 3hrly. Your milk will come soon..some ppl only hv milk flow by 5th day onwards.

The thread is moving soo fast!

Newtoitall, my boys are coming to 4, 2 and one more on the way. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Your kids age for 2nd and this baby is quite far but good also. The older ones can help to look after.

Starfruit, my apptmt was 2.15pm. I left the clinic at 3pm. What time was yours?

And congrats on bb engaged. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dr Chua never check if my bb is engaged yet coz probably mine is only 36.5 wks old.

Congrats to happymumtobe and kaykay for the arrival of your babies!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple, not good to be upset during confinement. Cool down. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] But I understand how frustrating it can be when it comes to maid.

I had my share of lousy maids as well so I know.

Take good care of yourself now physically and emotionally.

Happymumtobe: u have the first gold milk.. That's the reason why I latch her in hosp for 2 hrs despite I can't 'satiafy' her hunger.. I top up fm only when she's not full and keep crying.. When're u going home?

Re: sore nipples

Yes.. I do have it during hosp stay. Like wad starfruit says, it's initial abrasion.. I got myself a breast pillow Cux I got big & sagging breast.. It actually help. Got it from Bb fair at $60. Normal retail should be $80-90... Or u wanna call parentcraft experts from mount A for advise? Cux it's sister kang who help me to succeed breastfeeding.

Re:sweat during confinement

Dolly!! U got my admiration, man!! How do u did it? Sweat it out? I can't. I can't tolerate my sweat trickling down my body.. Though tempting to know it's detox and helps yo slim down, but I can't past my sweat hurdle!! Ahhhh!

Apple&Split: cool it man.. No point la.. Jus see them as 'helping' in household chores. Dun ask them further for other help.. No point since u wanna change maid.

Split: hang on. If ur hubby doesn't want to change maid.. Dun bother talking or 'assigning' jobs first. Cux the end, u get angry.. Slowly introduce jobs regards to meimei's one..

Apple, m in same state as u. Mine kids not in stand look out of window. Kids in like today then busy cleaning windows etc. Really know how to act. Thenme n hb busy with kids. N on top of it cleaning the same window she was just cleaning yesterday. Made my hb mad. He told her off ask her to stop acting. When kids around play with kids etc not do housework do dusty for kids. Think she not happy hb say her. After that she tell hb she dun wanna work already. Actually we already went down the other day to choose new maid. But we realise she no mental strength, always teach her or say her then she wants to quit. Anyway told hb she's quite unhygienic. At home when he is not in, she not only look out of window. Always rubbing behind her ears, on her arms to remove dirt. Even plucking her toe nails, digging her eye dirt too. Yucks i hope she wash her hand before cooking.

sunflower,

for my no1, that time i oso buy mini electric end up it fail as a gd pump. i only realised it after my no2 tis round. frens keep recommended medela PIS.

tat time why i fail vf oso mayb becos of that mini electric. so frustrating the pump cant help n i keep having engorgement, end up i gave up bf.

PIS really a saviour compared to mini electric. mini electric cant pump out much at all.

i've oso change the the funnel to S size, the one that comes wif it is M size and is too big for me small boobs....so i buy online from usa the S size.

u may really need to change a pump

split,

my living rm oso gt ceiling fan n i no choice blow a bit....then if i cant take it, i will move to room.

room at nite i oso no on aircon for long. i will swtich to fan but fan is nt blowing directly at me....but i still do get the wind thou.....

Thanks all the advices. After dilemma whole day, decided not to go since hubby said no need to go. I also worried abt tying the red ribbon on my bb's waist next time.

Wow u gals r amazing, can survive the heat n sweat. Tdy I soaked myself in air con room n still sweat like hell. Mayb last stage is like that.. Ho ho

@starfruit & cloud: avent manual pump better than electric? The current medela im using is the eletric one.. no need use hand lor. Manual pump means our hands control de suction? Later hands overworked den no energy to pump? My gal stil cant latched..

Sh, wow..peifu ler..I on fan & aircon still sweat! Sigh..

How to survive for the next 1 month with this kind of weather.

I find myself so smelly..gosh

Apple: haa on aircon n fan still sweat? Use prickly heat? Instant relief for me... But today is indeed very warm...btw try not get too upset with your maid...not good for yourself ESP during this confinement period.

Jane: I managed to pump 50ml today for 10mins....happy...

Dolly: u very power la...I must have aircon...can't stand being sticky le...

Split: u sound so funny reg the breast size...

Happymumtobe: congrats! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ya dun give up bf'ing...u can do it!

Pixie: keep us updated. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

split / apple,

sweat like crazy lor.

i sit at living rm on fan i will still wear long pants n socks! but wear short sleeve tee...

no choice, i know my body cant take the wind / cold. if nt will feel aches....

i've already bath n wash hair 3-4 times so far....

i find myself this round blow more fan.

my princess worse, cant take direct fan let alone aircon, she'll sneeze!

Sunflower: avent manual works well for me.. Yes, initial stage will hand ache Cux u need to keep pumping.. But will u see the letdown of milk, U'll find urself more enthusiatic to pump more..

Dolly & Sh: I've already broken quite a few confinement rules.. U gals go all the way to follow. U have my admiration!

Angiemummy: Wah! A great increase from ur previous pump!! Good news leh! Jia you oh~

Mummies, wanna check with you.. Does your bb cries when you bring them to your in-law place? Is it true that they recognize the place? I've difficulty in coaxing my boy to sleep, wanna surrender & pack things go back home... Pls tell me what should I do?

Dolly, think they are still too young to recognise place at this time, in factv they cant even see past 30cm yet so how can they recognise the place yet? Could it be baby's room is too bright, baby feeling too hot? To coax baby to sleep, i carry her upright against my shoulder, works the fastest when her ear is next to my heart and she hears the famiiar heartbeat.

Sunflower: medela pisa works well for me, bought the same backpack one again thisntime but this new model is stuck to the bag, very inconvenient design coz i cant just carry the motor around, gotto lug the whole bag.

Sh- i also broke rules. I drank some cold water, i wear shorts and sleeveless shirts. I sleep in aircon and use the fan blowing at me. Now i hope my bones dont ache but its really too hot...

Happymumtobe: jiayou! Bm good for baby, keep going ok

Sore nipples- ya both my nips also sore but can feel its toughening up. These 2 days trying to do power pumping to build up ss. Can feel the period cramping Feeling when bb latch, which gynae say is the uterus contracting back to normal size. Btw, anyone has good massage lady to recommend? Though i should try 1 or 2 sessions else i'll b stuck w a spare tyre i think kekeee oh ya, i find breastfriend pillow very good too, no need to use elbow to hold baby up.

Someone mentioned initial engorgement- if dont wanna use cabbage coz worry ofnreduction of ms, then a normal cold compRess will also do fine...anyway i got ready my hot and cold doughnuts coz i sure i w sure get blocked ducts along the way...

Oh ya, i find for sore nips, medela purelan works best, the lansinoh one too thin for me....does not keep the moisture in...and feed baby on time or the moment baby fuses, dont Wait till bb very hungry then she w b more aggressive and just latch at the nipple wrongly...

Back