(2011/05) May 2011

Good morning..

Am having stomach upset & nausea feeling since 5am..dunno what's wrong..sigh!

Starflower, u r seeing Dr Chan? What is your BB weight now? Hmm not sure I wanna make a trip to the clinic unless my stomach upset become serious. Am gonna drive to ofc later, don't feel like taking cab.

Yaer, when I delivered my gal they do not hv single room, and single deluxe also fully occupied so they ask me to downgrade to 2 bedded room first. If I take premier suite upon admission, am not entitle on maternity package, it will be as charged. Sux rite?? They hv stated on their admission terms & condition..so no point arguing.

apple, how many weeks are u now? pls take care, maybe bb coming? any LS? cos clearning of the bowels is one sign of labour.

pixie, when u get admitted, they will move u to a normal ward to check for contraction, this is not your permanent and final ward, once labour in progress they will then move u to the delivery suit. the main reason is that if labour has not kick in, u won't go to delivery suite cos u need to pay more for use of delivery suite lah.

Re: Strep B

My gynae also no mention of strep B, i am seeing her on sat, will see what she says.

pixie: same here, even though this is my 2nd child, i am also feeling apprehensive!!!!

Auroa, i think this is the price stemcord is offering now. serene ever posted. which remined me, i still have not action for my #2 yet. must call stemcord liao so i can arrange and get the kit.

Lin> don't scare me about the heavy discharge and water bag burst. i don't want to deliver in China!!! must tell baby to hold on until we are back in sing.

pixie> i don't know about Mt A, but when i was delivering my first baby in TMC, i was also sharing a room with other mummies before i got fully dilated, after which we were then pushed to delvery suite. It was in that room where we had our final bath if we want, given the "jab" at your rectum to clear the bowels, and had our epidural. I also chose a single bedder then.

Thanks all for your clarification re: rooming upon admission.

Now, I also know to ask abt strep b test at my next visit to gynae.

Apple and V - do take care!

Wow, everyone is counting down. I am 34+3 now. Going for my maternity ps next mon.

Hope I can survive till then since I see so many mummies who are early.

Btw, can someone share with me the packing list?

Morning mummies!

I went for my 33week check up yesterday and baby weighs 2Kg and i gained 3KG from last visit. Must be the MSW and bubble teas doing. Ob says must cut down. too much weight gain for 2 weeks.

nonetheless, baby looks chubby from the sonogram so no regrets~

V

Hope you are feeling much better

Re Discharge

i have it more in the day end rather than morning. hmmmm

Hi apple: hey, I think both of us are quite near. I'm 36+4 days. How're u feeling? I'm working till next Thurs than I char bo. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi pixel: both my prev 2 was at mount A. And I was in delivery suite all the way when I admitted to hops. Admitted when I was 3 cm dilated with constant contractions. Din share any room with any waiting mum.. I'm opting 2 bedded though.

Starfruit: I dIn know cleaning of bowels is a sign? My digestion these days are good!! Keep going toilet and make business... Is it a SIGN? How long will these sign last?

CloudPoem, today I came back ofc to clear some stuffs. I'm working from home till I deliver..

The stomach upset seems better after I drown myself with a lot of warm water.

hi mummies,

why not donate your bb's cord blood? to save lives?? and if any of your kids ever need it(choyx3!!!), you only need to pay minimal fee, even if u only donate for 1 kid. and they'll inform u if yours are needed.

i would encourage mummies to seriously consider abt donating their bb' cord blood and help your bb to save lives! dun throw away just like tat!

to read/know more:

http://www.scbb.com.sg/

do call and arrange early as it takes some time for administrative works to be completed.

Morning mummies! Its friday!! Another week going to end soon! 1week nearer!! =D

Imma looking forward to my gynae check up tml, hope bb weight will be average, cos didn't really indulge much food.. Gonna eat Astons tml!! And of cos bbt. Hopefully can have some grabs on durians puffs or what.

Lj:- 2kg at 33weeks++ is norm/smaller den average weight wor, hw come ur gynae say big?? Mine was 2.1 at 33wks5d & my gynae say norm..

V:- get well soon, its bad to get sick at this crucial time, have more water & be sure to take medi from gynae.. We have to hang on..

Starflower:- me too having discharge (a lot) these few days during the day.. I keep paranoid abt waterbag leaking sia.. Keep check & check..

apple, the other day i also went toilet so frequent. think 4-5 times just in one day. Then the next 2 days... nothing. hahaha.. think clear until tummy empty already. LOL

if u are having stomach upset and cramps etc, better not drive to work. Take cab safer.

pixie: if it makes any difference for mt A, maybe coz i opted for single bedded and also I called into mt A and my call was directed to labour ward. They ask me to make my way in... maybe they were expecting me then.

Jane: Thanks for the explaination. I'm seeing random gynaes at clinic G. Actually I got my own private gynae but I read he will purposely find ways to get u for c-sec instead of natural birth. So I decided to give birth at NUH instead.

Hi mummies,

i'm feeling upset over my work issues. being crying when i received my superior SMS.. being feeling emo and cant work..

today, i'm alone in centre and they even required me to do printing, which i need to carry heavy papers. why cant they be more considerate? when my hubby called in the noon, i was crying quite badly too.. gynae already ask me to slow down after CTG scan yest, and this thing has to happen.

i can feel my baby keep moving in me.. i really hope, my emo wreak wont affect her.

LJ: I am at 3 weeks and bb also ard 2kg. Gynae say it's ok le. I am still thinking of taking durians to increase bb's weight.

CloudPoem: Hang in there ok, is it possible to get MC from your gynae to rest?

Some bosses can be very inconsiderate. At the end of the day, your health and bb's health are most important. If you feel that your job is too taxing, stand up and speak up for yourself no matter how difficult you feel it is. I always feel that no matter what happens to a person at work, the company & your colleagues will still move on as before. But it is always your family and yourself who will suffer the most.

Hi Jo,

i wanna take mc to rest too, but they not enough manpower. as i'm working in centre kind of a frontline job..

something i hate about myself, is that i break down very easily. everytime when i tried to negotiate, i always cry.. and i dislike this part of me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so, i cant speak to my superiors, i think they find it a nusiance..

i agree on ur part that it is me and my family that suffer cux i bring all these negative emotions home. hence, i really hope to find a job that make me happier. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cloud: can u sms ur superior back n say u cant carry heavy things as gynae advised? then dun hv to talk face to face lor

Cloud:- Don't let ur mood affect u & ur bb.. Babies are clever, they noe when u r happy/upset. Cheer up! Ur superior shld be considerate enuff bah, hw can he/she leave u to work alone & ur work consist of carrying heavy papers? Try talk to ur boss? Since u r close to delivery they ought to be more considerate or ask someone else do instead..? Don't breakdown/cry.. I used to do that but when I think of 'imma gonna be a mum soon, I can't cry over anything bcos I can't let my child see this & have to protect him. If I can't even control my temper/mood/feelings, how am I gonna have the strength to take care of my baby when he arrives?!'..

Stay strong..

Apple: aiyo u ate sth wrong? Feeling better now?

Cloud: ya stay strong! But sth my emotions also get the better of me ESP during the last trimester. But think of your baby...I heard happy mums will give birth to happy babies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

V: take care! Hope u are better now.

Re: Mt A

For mummies who have delivered in mt a before, do you know if we will receive any written confirmation or call after we have mailed them the admission letter? I have mailed out about a month ago, never hear from them.

cloudpoem, control ur emo ... ya, jus msn back to say u cannot carry those heavy paper ...

also not so good to stand near the photocopy machine, lots of radiation, no good for mummy n baby ...

if not, go back gynae n ask for MC...

cloudpoem

Treat is as a form of exercise for you if you can't get MC. Mood will affect the baby. Hang in there. You got our company.

Jo

baby weight is average but me too much gain for 2 weeks. ideally 1.5kg per month.

Shernice

Thanks for the reminder! got an appt set for donating cordblood.

Newtoitall, haha I drove to work & now back home safely..chasing out by my colik during lunch, ask me to pack n go instead staying at ofc preparing handover. Last portion I'll guide them thru documentation & phone calls next week.

Angie, not sure it was due to my lunch yesterday, but 5 of us taking same dishes the rest got no prob ler..unless my stomach weaker now!

I rang up clinic, very unlikely is labour sign, high chance food poisoning.

CloudPoem, go to your gynae or GP, ask for 1 week MC. Don't care about short of manpower la..that's not your prob..mgmt has to answer for manpower issues instead of abusing existing staffs.

hi mummies,

i feel better when i voice out to u guys.. cux i can feel the support.. have been navigating my negative thoughts elsewhere..

i'm working slowly.. dont wanna exert myself when i already did an outburst of tears just now.. lucky i'm alone in centre, cant imagine if i breakdown in front of anyone..

but mummies, really thank u for the support shown.

apple: i like ur statement.. its their problem and shouldnt abuse us, esp preggie ladies.

hi mummies,

this is the article i found, if mothers are always stressful/sad/anxiety, it will affect their babies.

http://www.mindpub.com/art332.htm

cloud-is normal for pregnant woman to be emotional (may due to homo), but try not to let this type of emotion last too long, not very good for baby development. Anyway is just a job, you can always take urgent leave or MC to rest at home.

Hi WhiteCherry,

thanks for the article.. thats why i 'vent' out on this forum, cux the support shown was great. am feeling better.. dont wanna think too much. sad to say, these who 9 months was an awful episode cux of work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] shant continue, if not emo emo again..

Angie: about the Mount A admission, once u fax in the application form, they'll send an SMS to u, to let u know that they have done the registration for u.. wanna call them up and ask?

Hi Mummies,

Are Braxton Hicks contraction near term supposed to be slightly painful? I am 35wks+4 and I feel very slight menstrual like cramps sometimes, is it Braxton Hicks? Should I be worried?

Hi mummies,

Just to keep all of u updated.....

I had a csection on Sunday morning as my gynae feels that since my waterbag broke, my fluid level is a bit low and might cause added stress to my baby for a natural birth. So my baby was born 34 weeks and 4 days old :-(

Now I'm back home but baby is still icu. But she is doing better day by day so im keeping my fingers cross that she will continue to improve :)

Last evening, I got to hold her and bottle feed her for the first time!!! Was very excited but feel really clumsy as I'm a first time mum and have never taken care of babies in my life before.

She is so tiny and cute!!! Can't wait to bring her home! :)

Hi moomum,

ya, braxton hicks are bearable pain. they feel like sudden tightening of tummy and sometimes may accompanied by a heavy pulling downwards. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i had that in my 34weeks plus, and now i'm in my 36 weeks.. my gynae gave me pills to mellow the contractions as he can sense the irritable skin when he touch my tumtum.

dont worry. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] its normal. body is preparing for birth..

iloveparis: on congrats on ur new addition! dont worry, little babies are natural little fighters. i believe she is in good care under the professional help! u do rest much more, and try to pump more milk for ur bb, as ur milk is her defense now! have ur milk come in?

Iloveparis:- gratez on the arrival of ur lil baby!! Thou she arrival early, do all it takes to make her a healthy baby is the main thing!! Enjoy motherhood now uh?? =D

Moo_mum:- BH is not menstrual pain kind, more of a feeling of tightening of tummy (not painful nor regular)

for 1min or so lyk dat.. It can come anytime of the day while u r standing/sitting.

iloveparis, congratz... dont worry too much of bb, she is on good hands... soon she will b able to go home wz u .. rest well these few days, then u will hv the energy to take care of her ...

congratz again ...

Thanks cloudpoem and kaykay, I also thought BH shld be painless tightening of tumtum, but lately i will get this very slight menstrual like cramp and some websites say it's also BH. Will check with Gynae if it becomes more severe...

Congrats iloveparis, be a happy mum and all the best to your mooomoo career!

cloudpoem: ur baby is more impt than ur work. So don't bother abt your work. If they dun have enough staff, just ignore them. A few mths back in my office, they were renovating the pantry and I told my husband I'm going to take the day off coz I don't want to be there and I rather risk my job than to risk my baby.

Moo_mum:- nono, bh shldnt be pain at all. Only discomfort felt.. If got pain shld go see gynae.. Or call up the hospital & seek advise..

Hi Jenny: yes, my colleague tells me that bb is more impt too. will be seeing gynae tomoro again and ask to rest at home.. rather be happy being home with kids, than see the way they're operating.

Ling: hmm, i din do strep b test too.. what's that test for? my gynae also din do swab test. are they the same?

moomum: go check it out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and update us too.

hi lovely mummies!

im new here and im now on week 36 =) my edd will be on may 14. my baby doctor is dr madeleine tan from tmc and tomorrow i'll do my check-up with her.

hope everything is doing fine with u all!

Iloveparis,

congras on the safe arrival of ur baby gal =)

dun worry abt being clumSy as all first time mummies will go thro this stage for the first kid. Practise make perfect mah. Hehe.

Ladies,

these 2 days too bz to log in and chk the posts. Besides iloveparis, anyone popped yet? Any updates frm serene??

Hi mummies,

I am new here as well and tis is my 3rd pregnancy. I m nw in week 34+ and my edd supposed to be end May, but I do feel that it will come earlier as my other 2 kids aso wk 37 babies.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Take care!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lou/preciousMom:- welcome to our family! Perhaps u need bubblepearl to help u with updating the list of May mummies!

Val:- serene update on her fb, its false alarm.. Her bb trick the dad & mummy to fly back to SG. Its good thing la, at least haven't come out yet & can rest more.. =D

Congrats iloveparis on ur delivery..

Cloud is normal for preg lady to be emo I cried afew times at work too when I got too much deadline too meet.. Take it easy if really can't take it just ask tell ur gynae u're feeling very stressful and need a break he/ she will give u mc de..

Maid: so angry with my maid told so so many times she can eat/ drink anything she want at home but if the things finishing must tell me so I can buy more in case I wanna eat also.. Two week ago I wanna drink milo and found out that she finished it so I reminded her if no more jut tell me to buy.. Den last week I wanna drink tea an notice she left only 1 spoon of brown sugar for me I ask her she said still have ya 1 spoon so miserable do I tell her again if gonna finish must said.. Den now I wanna eat biscuit only left 1 piece.... And 1 package of Milo.. Y can't they jut tell when is abt to finish so that I can buy more to store and worst part is we went to ntuc ytd ask her got anything finishing need to buy she can still said no

Back