(2011/05) May 2011

Lin: tt is dangerous. beta b careful ard wet floor areas.

dolly: do get watever sleep u can!

apple: same here. i woke up at 3 plus to pee and after tt, i dun think i manage to sleep back. my eyes r sooooo tired now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Morning mummies..

@Jenny: u wanna check with gynae if baby is at good weight? Fr reading the past threads, some mummies suggest eating durians.. Go get some and indulge at the same time..

Re:mrt

SIGH! I was bringing my girls to sch and had tp use the 8am train bound to Jurobng. Many times, no one offer the seat and alot pretend to look past or through me..

I'm in a train now and this woman jus 'snatch' with me.. She jus walk faster than me and sat her bum on the priority seat..

Jo:

I like wad ur friend did! But I Aldo don't have the courage to do it!! Haaaha.

i also wake up ard 3am almost everyday.. i think our body is preparing us for nite feed.. keke..

apple happy belated birthday..

cloudpeom, they is alway snatcher with super thick skin.. sometime i just help them give excuses.. maybe that "auntie" is preggie too. haha.. or that young man got spinal problem.. keke... i asked for seat 3 times so far.. cos really giddy when travelling in the packed transport..

think our next mummy going to pop is serene.. hee saw her FB post she now at mt a liao..

cloudpoem: y'day evening a man got it fr me in mrt. i've been waiting for seat cos no one gave up. finally, after dhoby ghaut, some got down & there was a priority seat empty and another empty seat juz beside it. so i walk over & a man w backpack also walk over. when he was abt to sit down on the P seat, i said sternly "excuse me". i think he was taken aback and quite straighten up and stand away at the door. kekek!!! juz his luck.

Hi mummies, seems like a lot us having this problem - waking up in the middle of the night to pee then can't fall sleep again. I read that the solution is to drink a lot of water in the day, then limit liquid intake after 8pm

hi hi.. looks like many of us waking up very early. I have been up since 2am. But managed to catch a capnap from 7.30 till 9am since I am now working from home.

I have been going to toilet with loose stools. Food is processed very fast by tummy now. Within 1 hr of eating, I am in toilet. Are any of you getting that? Plus Backaches. I feel exhausted easily just walking or standing.

Haha..a lot of us having same prob wakey at wee hours!!

Right now am checking the thread to keep myself awake in the meeting :p

I gave up taking mrt, I don want to go into early labour..

Took a cab to ofc this morning.

Hello..

Greeting fr mt alvernia.. Have show at 520am..reached hospital at 620am. Now only 1cm dilute. Did 2 ve. .Very painfu..either tonight or Tml induce. My hubby comin back 8plus..

Dilution very slow..now walking ard..dun feel pain or contraction. Althru contraction every 2-3mins..nurse praise i am brave..

look like many of us cant slp well..me too wake up a few times to pee even though i got not much water coming out..anyway ytd i was quite worried cuz bb movement suddenly become so little at night..she's usually very active, once i sit down or on the bed she'll start to kick..but ytd whole day only can feel her burping..this morning manage to feel some movement from her le but still so adnormal

morning ladies.

Jo,

welcome to the thread =)

Lin,

gosh. hope u are ok nw. yes, pls do rest on bed. the other time when i fell at hm, i had back, thigh and abdomen aches for days.

pls be more careful now. i also have to bathe my boy when my hb work late and like u i usually sit on stool to bathe him. no stamina to stand/squat to bathe him anymore.

jenny,

gd thing ur placenta shifted up. =)

do u have any diet restrictions? mayb can opt to have durians, beef, high carbo food to pump weight to ur baby.

dolly,

hahaha. no choice la. with a NB is like tat. kids are kings/queens and parents will dwngrade to servant. hehehe.

re: cuppie

congras to cuppie!

Ash,

well done! hehehe. sometimes they think we preggie dun dare to speak up huh? hehehe.

serene,

wah! lucky ur hb is able to grab a flight and come back soon. tell ur boy to be gd and wait for daddy! all the best and smooth n fast delivery to u!

sometimes dilated le but can take a few days to dilate further...for my #1, i was 3cm dilated but 2days later when i see my gynae, i was only 4cm dilated. just tat coz u have show le, so cant drag too long.

split,

gd tat ur baby started movements and i know hw u feel abt feeling abit abnormal than usual. do monitor and need be, just go n see gynae for ctg to be sure.

Serene: jiayou! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ash: hee nice! Lucky the man zi dong also...

Dolly: how is little w now?

Re: waking up at night

I have been experiencing very disturbed sleep for the past few weeks...very xin ku...morning like zombie....went for foot massage ytd also pain like hell and they also say i didnt sleep well...my feet & toe also starting to swell...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] any mums experiencing that?

angie,

i have been quite tired lately taking care of my sick boy...

*touch wood* not much/no swelling of limbs for me so far.

Val: oh dear yr boy hasn't recover? Must be v tiring for u...I m worn out alrdy cos keep waking up at night and can't get back to sleep at times...just wish to get some proper rest before I pop...guess it is v.tough...lucky u....first time I see my feet n toe swell...press myself quite painful too.

Angie - my leg, foot and fingers are swelling too, i cant even put on my ring... i'm now around 34weeks.. I also having disturbed slp, always having weird dreams or nightmares and wakes up around 4am (always the same timing)

angie,

nope. he hasnt recovered =(

first time he is so sick also...i am desperate for him to be well soon.

i used to wake up at nite to pee or make milk then have a hard time getting back to slp but nw i am so tired i dun have this issue of nt getting back to slp at all.

mayb the body is preparing for all the nites feed when nb comes along thus cant slp well nw. try to read some book or have some warm milk, it helps for me in my previous preg.

did u take salty food or cld be water retention. Try to reduce sodium intake and bring up ur feet. massasging helps too.

@serene: have a safe delivery!! Howmany weeks arebu in now?

I'm at mount A now too! But doing CTG scan as my BH contractions are getting intense and gynae wants me to make sure..

Oooohhh.

Thank u everyone for ur encouragement n support.

Nvr expect show to b so bloody..

Water bag not burst..

I m 37w3d..bb considered full term..

Now back to ward to rest n charge..

Serene,

hopefully your hubby will be in time to witness the birth of your bb.. so excited for you now!

val, yeah lor... now with both king & queen around, demanding us to do this & that... haiz...

angie, thanks for your concern.. so far so good... has been sleeping & drinking well...

serene, ganbate ne!

Hi mummies..

Split, Ash & Val: thanks for the concern. Feel better today after the bed rest. Ya, I'll be more careful wen bathing my girl. But I'm getting more BH after the fall. Dunno y.

Cuppie: congrats!! Ur bb gal looked so cute.

Serene: congrats too. Gona c ur bb soon.

morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

saw fr facebook tat cuppie have popped.. her girl so cute!!!

Serene, jia you!!! did the nurse said u can eat anything? if yes, try to eat something to last u till delivery... once waterbag burst, cannot eat liao.. take bird essence to sustain yr energy... jia you!!!

lin, monitor 1st... if BH comes w cramps or bleeding, do contact the clinic asap. take care.

CloudPoem: Doc told me baby is on the small size. He tells me to eat all junk food, fried food, unhealthy food, durians and chicken essence to boast my baby's weight. I've eaten durians for like 3 times but doesn't seem to increase baby's weight. Doc wants my baby to be at least 3kg but I think I'll be very happy if baby is at least 2.5kg.

Jenny, wow, u can eat all u can... maybe can drink anmum's milk (heard fr my colleague tat it's very rich and she put on lots of weight bcos of it... she drank 2 cups a day), can eat ice cream, durians, meat esp red meat to boast up bb's weight. Which weeks are u at now?

Btw, how much weight have most of u put on? Since I lost 2kg from first trimester, I've only put on 6kg but my gynae didn't mention anything about this.

Morning mummies!

Serene:- Jy & talk to ya bb to wait for his dad to arrive first! =D hope u have a smooth labour for u!

Re:- swelling

I do experience foot swelling & fingers swelling. Can't stand v long if not will feel sore... I think its abt time mummies~ =P

Newtoitall:- I get easily hungry recently, perhaps digestive system really working hard now.. But stools still abit hard.. I am taking as much rest as possible now..

Auroa: Yah I can eat all I can but my appetite is still not good, since morning sickness kicks in until now in my third trimester. I also very sian. I want to eat buffet but I eat little bit I have to stop. I force myself to eat but sometimes even proper meals I also have problems eating. I feel very sorry to my baby.

Oh I think I have some samples of the milk from my friend. I'll try it later. I'm now at 34 weeks. Praying hard that I don't have anymore bleeding and baby can stay in for at least 20 more days so that he can be full term.

jenny, so far i put on less than 6kg... my gynae also din mention anything abt it... most impt is tat bb is growing well and progressing well.. so far my bb is average weight at 2.2kg at 33 weeks (scanned last week) and gynae is happy on the bb weight gain. Just scroll up and read tat yr edd is on 24 May... mine is on 26 May.. quite near to yrs. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kaykay, maybe can try putting up yr legs on a pillow when u sleep...previously have abit of swelling but after tat, it's ok liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

After taking the meds to "quiet" down the uterus, it's seem to be ok but when the meds wears off esp at nite, contractions starts and making it diffcult for me to sleep. Wondering whether i can wait till next mth then deliver. Seeing my gynae next week for review. Haiz.

jenny, envy tat u can eat all u can.. i can't due to GD [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I guess the MS is preventing u to eat more.. maybe break it into smaller meals (abt 6 small meals a day). I'm also experience spotting and bleeding in 1st trimester and low placenta... it somehow gets better in 2nd trimester (w lots of bedrest). U rest well and try to walk less and rest more, eat frequest meals to slowly boast up yr bb's weight... dun be guilty as it's not yr fault.. i gave birth to no1 at 2.5kg due to medical conditons.. with bf, she slowly put on weight and got double chin at 3 mths and now 3 yrs old and so active. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenny maybe try eating macdonald ice-cream, it might helps a little..my bb weight was only 1.4kg at 31weeks so i've been eating like 1 cup of macflurry every alt day and the last scan at 33weeks bb put on 1kg of weight with just 2weeks..but i myself also put on 1kg.. within that period..

Jenny: for ur case.. U eat small meals but increase the numbers of meals in a day.. 6kg? So envious!! I don't even dare to post mine up! I put on 20+ now!! ......*runs away*.....

34 weeks, u need to be at least another 3 weeks to be safe. My friend delivered hers at 35weeks and Bb is now in icu, bur he's recovering well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] jus the medical cost is too huge for my friend to hold. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Tell ur Bb to hang on and pray for a full term delivery. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Auroa: Since we didn't put on so much weight I wonder if we will slim down really fast after birth. LOL. Wow your baby's weight is really good. I was also hoping my baby would be 2.2kg from yest scan but turned out to be so little.

The last time I bled my gynae gave me a medicine to stop contractions coz he said contractions might make more bleeding. And the medicine surprizingly can stop braxton hicks contractions. Even after I stop the medicine my contractions has stopped a lot. Now I get braxton hicks contraction like 2 times a week only. Try eating the medicine at night, then maybe you can have a better sleep?

morning mummies!

didnt manage to post here coz too tired.. feeding baby every 3 hours and has started my moo moo cow career.. now panda eyes liao.. n my feet still swollen [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Serene, jia you jia you! dont walk too much since hubby still on the way.. coz too much pressure is not good for waterbag..

dolly, how;s your boy?

Lin, you better take care and rest more.. dont do too much housework liao. monitor to see if there is any waterbag leakage or not.like mine, i never know that waterbag can leak without 'show' coming until experienced it. coz once it happened, the contractions will be very frequent.

Jenny, try to drink more milk (anmum, similac etc) plus fresh milk. personally find that beneficial for mum n child. i hav one serving of each everyday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple, so envy that you have a great boss. ya.. sometimes, $$ really doesnt mean everything. my personal experience telling me that having a good superior who appreciate your work is far more better than earning big bucks but having superior who doesnt care.

Melody, wow u r having same size with me. me too abt 1.56m and hubby more than 1.7m. and, my bb came out at 35 weeks @ 2.47kg. but i m c-sec so my gynae didnt mention anything

re: train rides

nowadays ppl are not gracious at all esp during peak hours. most of them will just pretend to sleep. i wonder if there is anyone who will check whether the 'P' seats are really occupied by those who really need it.

jenny, my 1st preg, i put on less than 8kg... after delivery, i lost 5kg and lost the rest thru BF and doc thought i on diet as soon i was underweight and need to eat more to put on weight. But hor, after i stopped bf (bf for abt 15mths), i put on weight very fast and doc told me to watch out for weight gain. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I'm on 3 pills to "quiet" down the uterus currently. Will take the last dose of meds before sleep.. i guess it last me till mid morning and i feel the pain liao... gynae said tat if pain increases, he will need to increase dosage.. actually i dun like the meds as it got side effects like headache, hands shaking etc, gynae said tat it's normal lor. Haiz.

split: I don't dare to eat cold stuff coz I'm afraid it might triggle bleeding again. After my bleeding stopped, my vaginal discharge is dark brown in color. I tell my husband to remind me not to take any cold drinks until I deliver. When I go outside to eat I even have to bring my own water bottle coz it would be too hot to drink milo outside.

I also eating small meals now coz of my stupid heartburn. It was so serious one day that I even have to go to A&E coz I have severe lower chest pain and thought I was having heart attack. So now I eat at tea break and supper even though I'm not hungry.

Cloudpoem: It means ur appetite is good? I'm actually very envious of pregnant women who have good appetite and can eat a lot. I wish I can have at least my usual appetite back. Yah lor, I'm so scare of preterm labour. But thankfully I decided to deliver subsidised at NUH. So in case of complications (touch wood), I won't be so worried. My husband is the only one working with a miserable pay so we really cannot afford to pay tens of thousands to the hospital.

Jane: I don't dare to take those vanilla milk, smells horrible. I even threw up the milk the first time I tried. But my friend gave me a chocolate flavor one so I think I'll try later. I've stopped drinking fresh milk since my heartburn coz I'm afraid it might make it worse.

Btw, I always heard pple say pregnant women have the power to make pple sleep. I don't really believe until I saw it with my own eyes. LOL. It was funny and silly. Don't give up seats is ok, don't have to pretend and act.

Auroa: I intend to total bf as much as I could. So hopefully can lose weight. I'm pretty fat before pregnancy, 52kg at 1.6m. So if I could even shed my pre-pregnancy weight, I would be forever grateful to my baby.

Is your contraction labor contractions? Or false contraction? It sounds pretty serious. Hope everything will be fine and your baby will be out after full term.

Auroa:- put up legs liao loh, no use. Sometimes swelling comes & go, a bit siao siao de.. I also kinda use to it..

Jenny:- don't lyk vanilla u can try anmum chocolate milk, I bet u will lyk it.. Dunno have sample for it anot.. Hmms.. I have been taking it since 4-5mths & really feel the difference having 2glasses per day. Feel fuller & boost bb weight..

For me I am nt v sure, my MS seems to kik in on 3rd trimester, sometimes no appetite & feel lyk vomiting.. But I force myself nt to vomit.. But sometimes got sudden cravings den appetite dammm good.. Abit weird..

jenny, persist on and u can bf as long as u can. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

previously i thought i hve BH and rcently frequently w cramps, so i told my gynae on the last visit and he put me on CTG scan and found out tat i hve mild regular contractionns. So he put me on meds to "quiet" down the uterus and also bb only 33 weeks... too fast to come out too. Hope my bb can stay in there 38 weeks. U expecting a bb boy or girl? mine is a boy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kaykay, maybe u taking too much salt recently? salt intake also got to do w swelling leh and also most of the time walking ard will causes swelling too... u take care and try to rest more. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jane, he's good... how about yours? have you started your massage? water retention will goes off after the massage...

me too.. panda eyes are getting worst...

Auroa:- yea auroa, trying to rest more & walk 3times per week, or else my ah ma will scold.. To them, they elderly think walk = good.. But when times my foot veins really pop out & sore, I just lie on bed. I don't care.. Hahas.

Have been craving for sweet things instead of salty food.. Ytd had ice cream, kinda scare bb suddenly overweight, thou my bb is on the smaller side.. Gg 36weeks soon! Can't wait for my lil pie to come! Yet he give no signal yet.. =(

kay: I have a choc sample. I think its anmum. Didn't really see the brand. Wanted to try yest but I forgot. Doc instruct me to drink at least 2-3 glasses of milk everyday. Same here, if I have food that I like, I can eat a lot but when I eat other food I definitely can't finish my dinner or lunch. But I force myself to eat until I feel like throwing up if I eat more.

I read that if your legs swell your baby might be coming out soon. Not sure how true isit. Do you have frequent urination? I urine so much that I think I lost more water than the water I take in. But thankfully I am able to drink a lot of water. During the night, I have to wake up more than 10 times to empty my bladder.

Auroa: I heard my colleague told me she had painful injections to stop contractions for her first baby and it works. She then gave birth at 38-39 weeks. But I think she had the jab once a week or so. 33 weeks is really too early. My doc told me even if 36 weeks might also need to be in NICU. So I'm praying everyday that my baby can hold it till 37 weeks and I'm counting down everyday. Mine is a boy too.

CloudPoem,

hope everything is fine. keep us updated.

serene,

its going to be a rather long wait. conserve ur energy. hehehe.

dolly,

haahaha. no choice la, we willing be slave to them, arent we? =P

anyway, hows ur gal coping with the lit bro at hm?

Lin,

gd to hear its better now. hmm...mayb baby got a scare or wat...i also had more BH aft my fall but gradually went away.

auroa,

the nurse will tell u nt to eat. this was wat happened to me although i was v hungry then and waiting to be fully dilated. in the end, hb secretly brough in food n drinks for me when midwife wasnt in the room =P

jenny,

try chocolate milk shake, avocado shake etc. if not, go for the avocado, blend with chocolate syrup n water. can be taken at room temp w/o ice or cold water. this is fattening =P

Jane,

all the best to ur moo moo career =)

Back