(2011/05) May 2011

V: dun worry...still got time for bb to change direction. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Split: can understand your frustration..still try to stay relaxed and happy too...if not might affect bb.

Val: ya so brave...! Your hb really very supportive...my hb says in case I can't take the pain, take the epi in case till later stage when it I'd too late to take. Still got time..I m sure meimei will hit 3kg! I m telling my boy boy not to hit more than 4kg too. Going for my next checkup this sat...my hb says surely 3kg then..v.scared if bb is too big n mummy got no strength...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Dolly: hee...so happy for u can see yr cute bb...glad to hear he is out of special care le...

Totoro, yes they will replace chix to pork or fish for 1st 2 wks after c-sec. Also the soup they will use pork instead of chix.

Even fried rice they don't add in eggs. I spoke to both caterer, they r ok to cater for c-sec. Also, u must tell them u fully bf, cut down the ginger if needed on certain meal.

Dolly, so happy for u. Am sure your boy will jia you n going home soon. Btw I think Viman & Julbee bb still @ KKH NICU. Pray for both of them. Must be quite tough for the mummies..

Totoru, auroa & apple, yeah he's able to go home with us.. My PIL & mum were here just now, they were so happy that they are able to carry him...

Nina, it's about 4k+.. Paid $2k deposit & the bal by medisave..

Hi mummies, finally get time to login today!

Went expo for john lil mega sale, walk till leg almost breaking today.. Tired.

Had just washed bb newborn clothings & bedding sheets that I just bought..

Today pocket one big hole again.. Tsktsk..

Seems lyk today post really long, just read thru thou.

Dolly:- gratez! Happy for u that ur bb was shifted to nursery room alrd!! =D enjoy ur moo moo career!

halo mummies!!!

dolly: congratz!!! hope ur bb can go home with u soon!!! u must take care n rest well... is injecting the epidural painful? wish to have epidural but scare will be painful when the needle poking into my spine...

bunnymum: i told my maid not to close the room door cos she is sleeping in her own room... scare she will do hanky panky things inside... later she hide a man inside i oso dun noe... as for calling back home, she is using her own handphone so me ok lah... as long as she finish her work and attend to my gal...

auroa: during my #1 full month celebration... my hubby make sure tat everyone wash their hand if they really wan to carry my gal... but most of the time my gal will be lying on the combi chair den whoever wan to see her will just stand beside her lah... so luckily my gal is not overwhelmed by all the carrying...

me just went for my checkup today... bb weight is 2.4kg @ 34weeks 5days. suddenly the weight gain slow down... dun noe why and mummy lose some 500g weight... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but gynae said is normal... still consider big ba as compare to my #1 who is 2.6kg at full term... tink is becos i didn't drink as much KOI as before oredi which is really high in sugar...

Ehhh i totally forgotten about the jamu massage. Does anyone booked or any recommdendations or any detailed thread here for me to research? I tried searching and most of the threads seem to be like self- advertising.

Kristie, me too. I booked two massage ladies. One is Mdm rohaya and the other one is Mayamummymassage.com. Nt sure which one is better. Shall try out both. I think we r a bit too late cos those gd ones r fully booked already.

Seem that origins jamu masage has quite a few good reviews but ex.

And also i dunno will i be under normal delivery or emergency c section. What should i do?

For confinement food, i also ordered from NE after feedbacks from some mummies that chilli Padi is no good. Thanks for the feedbacks again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] tried the trial for NE and it's pretty good. Portion is big enough to share with my hubby n my boy too. Hv paid the deposit n now awaiting for confirmation.

Val, my bb is also pretty small at wk 32. Only 1.6kg. But after eating durians at least twice a week, my girl now weighs 2.2kg. My gynae said a bit big for my size cos my boy was only 2.6kg when overdue. If u dun mind eating durians, can give it a try to increase bb's weight.

Dolly, glad that yr bb is doing well and can go hme with u. Enjoy yr moo moo bonding time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Can't believe we r all gg to be due soon. Can't wait to carry my gal but hate the labour pain. Hopefully will be a swift labor this time round.

morning mummies..

yaer, u didn't take epidural for your #1? actually the insertion of the epi needle is not that painful cos contraction pain is even worst ..hehehe

jerejoy, u ordered 1 meal or 2 meals?

Morning ladies, Congrats dolly that bb can move to normal nursery le enjoy ur moment with the bb.. So envy I hope I can see my girl soon too..

Dolly ur deposit 2 k usually how much will they refund u back? How much is ur gynae fee?

i ordered 2 meals too but for 5 x 4wks only.. lunch with soup.. dinner without (thinking boiling my own soup for dinner)

i hope weekend my mum can come help me out and cook things like fried mee suan or noodles to eat.. everyday rice i think will be super bored...

thanks appl eand bluelemon.. i am thinking of ordering 1 meal for 1 week to try, if ok, will extend to the 2nd week. not sure now.

hm.. was thinking of doing 1 meal for 14 days.

maybe i should do 2 meals for 7 days, if ok con to do 1 meal for 7 more days?

hmm.. but natalE only allows me to choose from 14 days single or 7 days double!

dolly, glad to hear tat bb can discharge w u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Happy bf and bonding w both kids at home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

yaer, wow, yr relatives side really listen to yr hubby and they don't anyhow carry the bb.. i guess it depends on individual lor.

btw, for the epidural, dun worry abt the pain bcos the nurse will spray a can of something (dun know wat's it called) tat will numb the area (otherwise, sure will scream) and insert the jab in... it's pretty fast.. i can feel the needle behind me and next thing i know, they left the rm and the staff nurse asked me how i'm feeling.. i'm pretty impressed lor and also depends on the skill of the person who's doing it (i delivered in Mount E)... for my sis who deliver in TM, endured 3 times jabs before they finally got the needle in.

starfruit - they usually quite flexi. Call them up to check, coz I spoke to Newbaby that whether I can skip SUN, he said no prob at all. Just need to inform them when we started our meal cycle.

NE, am sure they can accommodate too!

the needle of epidural is so thick.. scary... and i rather save the $$ for epi to buy toys for my bb.. keke..

for mummy who prefer natural way of birthing can try hypnobirthing.. go read abt it.. i think it help me in some way with my #1.. and i didnt use the laughing gas until i was 10cm.. but as my gynae have not arrive.. the feeling of pushing but cannot push.. super xinku.. then i give in to laughing gas.. i really hope this time i can skip all..

@dolly: congrats on ya new bundle of joy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, morning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] wld like some advise from y'll on "baby routine". Hb and i have decided to stay at my mum's plc for bout 4 mths (main thg is to have my mum ard to help out with babygirl).

So say after the 4 mths, the routine wld be like: Morning, Hb sends me to my mum's plc before he goes to work; i will be there all the way till he returns; usually he off works bout 8/9pm; then we will return back home after his dinner & some bonding with babygirl-if shes awake (est. that shld be ard 11ish).

Anyone in such similar situation? My concern is "disturbing" babygirl. Like say for instance if she has already fallen asleep at 10pm, but bcos we have to bring her back home, we probably have to "force" her to wake up (eg. 11pm).

Will such "disturbance" affect babygirl badly (esp in terms of her quality of rest)? Will she get confused when is the "day" and night"? I worry when we reached home, she becomes super awake and hard to fall asleep by then.. @.@

sunflower, NB sleeps very often and they are awake only 1-2 hrs. i think if your hb arrives by 10, most of the time they are asleep already so i tink not much bonding at 10-11 cos by this time they will most prob be asleep. will u be leaving bb at your mum's plc?

sunflower0121, starfruit's right... NB sleeps most of the time. Actually no need to wake bb up, just pick up and go.. the travelling part might be the xin ku part for u and bb as u need to pack yr bag everyday to travel to and fro... fr experience, my hubby usually wakes up early to bottle feed my girl (ard 6am) and bond w her before he leaves for work as at nite when he returns, bb is already asleep. When weekends comes, he will help to change diaper and bath my girl to bond w her (but hor, different handling, bb tends to fuss at first.. after some time, bb will settle down as they will get use to the routine). Hope it helps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, BP seller selling the baby sling carrier. I saw it quite cute and thinking of buying. Any1 who hve this carrier? Got any reviews on it? Will appreciate some feedback before i proceed. Thank you. Information on the sling carrier is as belows:

http://www.premaxx.com/en/products/baby-bag/general_information.aspx

i found an online store selling NUK nipple wipes at 2 boxes for 24bucks.. issit cheap? can i check how many boxes we need.. dunno should buy 2 or 4 boxes...

@starfruit & auroa: thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] for the first 4 mths, we will be staying at my mums plc with baby. but after tat, we will bring her back home at nite. im not working currently; daytime i will be at my mums plc but handling baby myself as my mum will be working le. noted on the bonding part. so i suppose we dun hav to wake her up .. jus carry her and hopefully she dun get disturb during the car ride =/

auroa: ya..got cramp feeling leh. but it only happen 2x on sat, so far now ok, no cramp liao, only BH.

Mudpie, pm me ur order, is the gathering on?

Morning mummies,

Went to see my gynae Cux my pelvic and groain area is getting painful when I walk.. Does anyone experience that?

Auroa: my gynae said the Braxton hicks are more intense might be caused that we over exert on ourselves.. Need uo slow down.. Im still working and taking care of 2 kids, hardly rest hence the sudden tight feeling..

auroa: i got the pupsik pouch, which is similar to what u posted. it is quite good, i used for my #1 till he is 18mths and too heavy for me to sling him

epidural: actually i'm very scared of needles, even drawing blood makes me wants to cry. I even told my hubby tat no matter how painful and diffcult the labour gets, no epidural for me. In the end, when diluated 3cm, i gave in after gynae and nurses asked me to take it (partly bcos i got high BP). For the sake of myself and bb, i took it and really no regrets. My gynae even assured me tat he will get the "best of the best" person to do it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I heard tat epidural relaxes the mummies and helps the delivery process faster.. my labour pain dragged for 32 hrs and i dun think i want to go thru it and this time round, i will opt for epidural.

sunflower0121, as u might be travelling frequently to and fro, u might want to prepare tat yr bb might fuss in the nite as they need to stick to a routine... the transferring fr yr mum's place to yr place, bb can detect the changes in the rm/environment and tends to feel insecure.. once they settle down, will be okie. It will be good if u continued to stay w yr mum's place and considering going back to yr place during the weekends to minisise the changes/impact caused to yr bb and also very tiring to yrself too lor.

bubblepearl, maybe u monitor how frequent is it and let yr gynae knows abt it too. I seeing my gynae this thur.. my BH getting more frequently this few weeks and making me feeling very uneasy.. i dun hve it for no1, so i'm not sure whether does it means contraction/delivery coming soon or otherwise leh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@blurlemon: after the 4 mths, i will stil go back to my mums plc during the day as 1)hb is gg to work 2)if stay at home, i will be alone with FIL which i am not comfortable with 3)got siblings at home (at mums plc) if i need any help.

cloudpoem, am expecting my #3 too. my gynae also told me need to slow down or will be in pain. the other day, he also mentioned that for subsequent births, coz womb is weaker etc, we will feel more pain during BH too. So take heart it is just normal.

@auroa: def gonna be very tiring but i really duno wads the best solution le. I will be more than happy to stay at my mums plc (more for the sake of baby) - at least i know there's someone to help if needed. But the prob is, my FIL is staying with us. Meaning to say, during the first 4 mths, he will be alone (occasionally, SIL and us will visit). If i were to tell hb that i wan to continue staying at my mums plc, i can forsee more arguments and disagreement. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bubblepearl, for the pouch tat u hve, need to put one hand to support the NB head? Thinking when i need to bring my NB and my toddler out, need to hold my girl.. not sure whether got "extra" hands to do other things. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

sunflower0121, ic... maybe u can give it a try 1st... last time when my bb abt 4mths old, i enrolled her near my workplace's infant care (easier for me to bf her in the daytime) the travelling to and fro really makes her very cranky tat i decided to take her out after 5 mths there as i feel it's not doing her any good and also for me lor. U monitor 1st and see what's the best option for u and bb and discuss w hubby accordingly. I'm sure yr fil and hubby will understand. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunflower, my suggestion is for you to stay at your mil plc for the 4months to min disruption to BB. and if u want, can move back after that. i was taking care of bb myself (my #1) after confinement, i.e. alone at home. so far ok lor.

@auroa: i see. where did u place her after the 5 mths? We will be putting baby at infant care when i return back to the workforce too. For now, no def time yet, but infant care is our option as i am not for the idea of having maid. :X

@starfruit: are u referring to me staying at my mums plc? (*my MIL is not ard le) If so, yup, 4 mths def i will be at my mums plc (agreement with hb le). My worry is only after the 4 mths lor. Like if baby is so use to the routine for 4 mths le, then sudd we gonna change her routine, dunno what impact there will be on her.

Morning mummies!

Starfruit:- I bought baby mattress and waterproof bed sheets at expo john lil mega sale ytd. There don't have much bb stuffs.. Den I went tamp BHG to get my nursing bras & the bedding sheets and changing mats..

Mummies, isit wrong or weird for bb to slp on baby mattress on the floor (no crib/cot)..? Cos I want baby slp lyk me on the floor on a baby mattress.. My grandma say, slp on floor mattress is cold for baby -_-!! ..... I have nth to say back to her.. Cos I tot its ok..

sunflower, i agree with auroa.. although i also feel uncomfortable if i'm alone at home with my FIL.. but do wad is best for bb... b4 i got my own place.. i stay with my boi at my mum place.. hubby come stay with us alternate day... then weekend we all go back to his mum place...

sunflower i dont see that as a very gd solution for long term..i mean afterall thats ur own house even though ur fil is staying with u..it will be better for u and ur bb to stay at home den alway going to ur mum's place right? btw how far is ur house from ur mum's place?

sunflower0121, after 5mths in infant care, i took NPL to take care of her as she is frequently sick and crying there.. nearly caused asthema, so i look after her on my own after tat. After her health gets better (she's a very happy bb after tat) and 14th mths, i sent her to my nearby infant care and she's very happy there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunflower: I agree that for first couple of months, coz u need help with confinement u shd go to your mom's place. But if it's for whole 4 months, then your FIL quite poor thing to be alone. mayb can consider 3 months at mom's or 2 months at mom's then remaining at ur own house and only going over say 1 time a week so that u will also b more independent in taking care of nb? what are ur plans after maternity? Who is going to look after bb? u should make sure that for last month of maternity before going back to work, u get a chance to "intro" your bb to new caregiver.

@blurlemon: thanks, will try to tok to hb again =/

@split: yup, def not a long-term soln thats why headache. Nono, the hse belongs to FIL. Ideally, it is better to have baby staying at one place. However, the hse is in a total mess. My FIL throws newspaper on the floor, clothes (after taken out from dryer) are also left on the sofa and floor. Plus food (unopened) also on the floor. This results in the walkway being narrow and many "obstacles". The kitchen is also unkempt. According to hb, FIL is like this - so its like "take it or leave it".

The distance still quite ok. Its bout 10mins drive/ 30mins bus ride.

Back