(2011/05) May 2011

Split : he still can't suckle & I'm not in the condition too.. I've yet seen his pd yet. Anyway, if by tomorrow morning he's fit, will be able to bf him le...

dolly, get a pump from the hispital and start pumping, see if the nurses can give him your eBM. jia you and rest as much as u can.

How about urself? ok?

Angie:- yah, that's wad I do, thou its recommended that drink less water before bed to prevent running to toilet, but to keep up with hydrated body & 8glasses of water daily, I drink before slp, every hour..den when I slp le, I woke up same as u, 2hrs need go toilet. I climb out of my bed go toilet & drink a glass of water again, den slp back.. 2hrs later, wake up go toilet again, keep repeating for 2-3 times lyk this.. Must be hard working loh, cos plenty of water = amnotic fluid sufficient in womb mahs, also won't kanna water retention or dehydration! =D jy lah, we at last lap le!

dolly - hope u can start your moo moo career soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] rest well tonite! Tmr will be better day to start with..

Congrats dolly!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

So envy ur labour is finally over. :p

dolly, ur bb is 35w6d exactly the same as my #1.dont worry, he will be out of nicu very soon. that time, my #1 no need to go to special care and was in normal nursery and her weight was only 2.4+kg.

so excited for you! agreed with starfruit, can request the breastpump and ask nurse to feed ebm to bb? last time i was requested to breastfeed immediately when i was out frm the operating theater's observation room.

kaykay, guess you should ask hospital nurse instead of gynae. guess normally doc dont handle this.. ask nurse if you can book the room first. better plan ahead bah..

Dolly, congrats... So excited for u? When was ur EDD supposed to be? Lucky bb is of gd size, so better chance to get out of special care soon. Take care!!

Congrats dolly! T

Ur delivery is so fast. Envy envy!

Drank my first coconut too-fr ntuc those young coconut.hubby had to open on his own. Nice n cooling!

Congrats dolly!! And hope your boy will be out of special care unit real soon.

So envy if your fast labour..

Starfruit n elbarc, me edd aso 26 may, seems so far away still. But I might deliver earlier if bb hit max weight set by gynae.

Good morning mummies,

Starfruit, well.. Beside having pain @ below, the rest is ok.. I'm going to start my moo moo career today.. Have a good rest last nite...

Ash, sh, newtoitall, bunny, melody, Hannah & blur, thanks!

Just got a update from the nurse that my bb still can't move to the normal nursery as he still can't suckle..

Good morning mummies! It's another Monday and the start of the week..Looking forward to my leave next week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly

Do not worry, preemies are very strong and their will to fight is no less than us adults! Take heart and pray for him, I will keep him in my prayers too[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: Moo-moo milking..

I had a wonderful dream last nite! Dreamt tt I could express so much milk at one go keke.. I hv not seen tt when having #1, so it was very encouraging. When I told hubby this morning, he was like "good sign". Hope it's true!

Happymumtobe

What is the ideal weight set by your gynae? For mine, he say tt I should still continue to fatten baby up at this stage. 2kg at 33w has still some way to go.

Kaykay

I also drown myself with drinking loads of water to keep my amniotic fluid level at a normal range. Drinking at night kept me awake too, but i still have to force myself to drink a lot.

Xuanmin, due to my ht and size, gynae says I must be induced once baby hit 2.8-2.9kg else I cannot go for natural. He does not wants me to go for C-section.

My baby is 1917g at Wk30D6. Next checkup at week 35, will check baby weight again and discuss what is the next step.

So now, I dare not eat too much. HE hope to induce only after week 38.

morning ladies.

dolly,

jia you on ur bfeeding journey and hope ur boy will be out of special care soon =)

angie,

i take a few sips of water in the nite only so nt tt bad la.

apple,

did u booked newbaby for ur confinement meal?

happymumtobe,

i am the opp of u - i am trying my best to pump as much weight to my gal as I can..

xuanmin, i also got the moo moo dream.. and in morning i found a big patch of leakage.. keke.. i try squeezing and can see 5 or 6 drops but the other side only 3.. hope this time the supply can kick in faster..

Val, i also have to pump in more weight to my gal.. but hor i keep losing weight cos now like got MS, dun feel like at all... i booked newbaby confinement meal.. 4 x 5 days meal with soup in lunch only for 800 plus only... cos FBI discount of 15%..

happymumtobe, i hope my princess can come out once she reach 37 wks.. hahaha.. cos now everyday so xinku.. but her weight is like 1.8kg at 32wks lor.. hope she can gain more this few weeks.. i hope she can be at least 2.5kg at birth..

Dolly, congrats~~~

blurlemon: mine too, 32 weeks was 1.8kg. next checkup is this week at 34 weeks. hopefully she can come out 38 weeks...

on bf: I told my hubby last night never to tell me to give up even if i cry due to pain etc..he says ok..he'll just say that I wanted to do this~ hehehe...

starfruit,

u mentioned ur ms coz by ur baby pressing on ur stomach? so once baby head down will be ok?

blurlemon,

my appetite in the day nt as gd at dinner time and lucky i can still keep my food lo. i am hoping my gal can be at least 3kg at birth but v hard le...coz at 32w she is only 1.5kg =(

hmm..okok. so u decided on newbaby coz of the FBI discount or was it recommended by ur friends?

newtoitall,

35w 2.7kg is gd weight. really hope my gal will be beef up with all the durians n food i have taken....

Good morning..I just out from meeting

Tmr onwards I'll be working from home..hurray!

Val - Yes, I order Newbaby for 14 days & Natal Essentials for another 14 days.

I'll go for a trial meal with Newbaby next week coz I have not used them before. As for Natal Essentials, I tried, so no prob [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly - U can pump and supply to the nursery to get the nurse to spoon feed your boy. Am sure he is strong to fight on. Don't worry..take care of yourself..feed well too!

As for confinement meals, if your maid can't master it well from your mum, I suggest u order from caterer. It is quite easy, just give them a ring to order.

V

I agree, somehow we must pyscho/convince ourselves to stay strong and persevere even if there are always some pple who will add in comments to discourage. My MIL used to say that "breast milk is unhealthy and not filling for baby". Such a silly comment, even my hubby ignored her. As long as our spouses support us, we can do it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Gambatte!!

Newtoitall

2.7kg is a good weight. You must be eating and resting well. At least good weight goes to baby.

apple,

so shiok to be able to look fwd to wking frm hm =)

i was looking at the menu for newbaby and Natal Essentials. Newbaby has 2 sets of menu for alt weeks but natal essential only 1 set of menu so am wondering if the variety by natal essentials will be boring? Natal Essentials is also more established than newbaby rite?

Xuanmin, Val & v, thanks!

The nurse just update me that my bb's able to suckle but will still observe him..

Next, start having engorgement.. LC start to help me clear those colustrum, she's using hand pump & collect the milk by syringe..

For mummies going to Kkh, they are using drypers & mamil gold for newborn...

blurlemon, I also wish I can deliver at week 38, tummy is too heavy and big already. But I still have 5 weeks to go.

And I cannot plan my ML yet as all depends on the baby weight, I dun want to go too early also, want to fully utilise the 3 months.

newtoitall, 2.7kg is a good weight, think will hit 3kg when full term.

vv, so long din long in, how are you, have you deliver already?

Val, how I wish I can eat and eat, but cannot, I used to eat so much that hubby says I eat like a monster until I kanna slight GD, then cut down a lot, dun even dare to touch durian else sure go C-section and gynae will scold me.

dolly,

gd news tat ur baby able to suckle =) meanwhile, just pump out to establish the supply ba.

eeks!! drypers!!! i wonder can i ask them nt to use drypers n use the brand i buy instead??? as for FM, i will ask them nt to feed FM.

happymumtobe,

my appetite during dinner time is better coz by then i will be hungry liao. hahaha. coz day time sometimes too stress by wk and coz of the ms, no appetite or cant finish lo. for ur case, coz of GD no choice got to control, no choice. mayb try to eat more healthy food?

V, u remind me of my fren told her hubby, she dun wan epidural.. and ask her hubby to stop her if she wan even when in pain and crying.. end up she begging for epi during her delivery but the hubby simply chase the midwife away.. and say nvm no need.. haha..

i think to be very determine, dun get standby FM at home.. for my #1.. i scare my supply not enough and standby a small tin.. end up when i'm not ard dunno is my mil or my DH, lazy to heat up my EBM and instead give my boi formula milk.. faintz lor.. end up my boi refuse my BM.. cos first there is a fishy smell(from frozen BM) and 2nd i think FM taste sweeter.. i super sad lor.. throw away like 20bags of milk..

Val, actually to me all conefinment food is the same.. cos i hate ginger and those herb one.. so i just choose the cheapest one.. keke.. hope i can endure the toturing 1 month of confinment..

newtoital, your bb is at good weight... envy envy...

dolly, gd news.. keep up the good work.. so u bring your own pump or use hospital one... just wpndering should we include pump in my hospital bag?

morning everyone...

wow...dolly...great job!! congrats on ur nb..!! =) remb to rest & eat well for ur moo moo career..kekeke

i hvn had time to login d past week to check after i posted...lol

wah..everybody's bb weighing like 2+ kg at wk 32..i went gynae check last sat at 1k 32 bb only weigh 1.8kg..wonder if is too small now...but now gynae say...is normal..previously keep commenting bb overgrown...=="

but i tink mayb carbo kills me badly previously...duno happen to u all anot..cos i didnt feast on snacks, ice cream, durian, choco etc & gynae alwas comment bb too big..so last 2 wks i ate more beehoon, macaroni etc...less rice & noodle...seem like bb only grow abt 400gm over 3wks...i oso hope my bb can hit more than 3kg...

hai....

Thks gals. Yah 2.7at 35wks is gd weight. Tts why i worry. My #1 delivered 3.82kg at 40wks. #2 was 3.6kg at 39wks4days. So worried this one will b around there too. Was hoping less than 3.5kg on delivery. But this time i already hit 10kg gain on the scale. Sigh.. Gain weight also worry; loss weight also worry. Main thing is from now weight to my ideal weight is 20kg..

Val, 2 years ago they used pampers.. Maybe they have just renovated the wards @ 81 & 82, above delivery suite.. So cutting the cost?

Blur, mudpie & whitecherry, thanks! Blur, think maybe get the pump from the hospital will be better.. Their machine's so powerful...

Mummies, just now the LC's asking me whether I've any pump @ hm & what's the model. Told her it's medela PIS, she claimed that's a good pump...

newtoitall, wow 3.82kg, u do it natural? i alway feel bigger better than smaller.. best is ard 3kg.. keke..

mudppie, mine is 1.8kg at 32wk 4d... eating ice cream and durian.. hope can pump her weight up abit.. but seem not much effect.. cos till date.. i have gain much also.. ard 4 to 5kg only..

blurlemon,

oh. okok. to me, i am more particular abt the soup than other dishes. hahaha.

3yrs back when i delivered my #1, i did pack and brought along the pump to the hosp but if latching directly, actually no nd to.

muddpie,

at least urs 1.8kg, mine 1.5kg at 32w...=(

newtoitall,

can always try to loose weight aft delivery =)

dolly,

yes. when i delivered my #1 back in 2008 at KKH, they were using pampers and I am ok with it but this time rd drypers? hmmm....hw u find the drypers?

yes, they just did the reno last yr but i feel nthing to do with cutting cost coz all these costs eventually will be bear by us ma, as in the wet wipes, diapers all these.

so u at A1 ward nw?

Val, I personally don't like drypers too. I only found out yesterday evening when I'm visiting my bb @ the special care nursery...

Ya, am @ a1 class.. Think they have removed the deluxe suite after the renovation.. My PIL comment that it's look like hotel, quite nice..

Val - My fren told me NE quality of food better compared to Newbaby..and she took 1wk from Chilli Padi, she said can forget about it. Not fresh & the taste horrible.

If you are particular of soup dishes like me, I actually trained my maid to double boil soup. So I'll get home made soup every nite during confinement. For your case, maybe your dad can brew soup for u?

dolly,

ya...altho drypers is cheap but then the quality nt v gd le...i am more worried abt nappy rash...

Duno where they shifted the deluxe suite to but i know its still available for booking by other patients except for delivery cases but nvm la, A1 ward gd enuff. hehehe.

apple,

hmmm..okok. yes. my dad can brew soup for me just tat he cant cook meals for me this time rd as due to his wk committment he cant take 1 mth leave....and my mum's cooking nt as gd as my dad n she is nt confidence she can handle the cooking, the washing of clothes n helping to look aft #1 thus i am thinking to cater confinement meals to make it easy for everyone lo....am considering between newbaby n NE...think i may just go with NE coz more recommendations than newbaby...thanks!

Hmm...

Val u got eat durian anot? my hb keep say cannot eat..nw gynae say normal wgt..i shld maintain..duh!!! did ur gynae comment anything abt ur bb wgt?

blurlemon, envy u leh...so far only gain 4-5kg..i tink i oredi gain like 8-9kg so far...

i tink wat im gonna do is..since gg to gynae in 2wks..then see wat he comment...i shall go eat durian...but im gonna feast on some durian ice cream soon...hb dun wanna buy...i go buy myself..abit fed up...alwas ask him to buy..he will give excuse say cannot eat...hehehe

Val/ mummies

If I am having c-sect and will be staying for 3 nights, do you think I should bring my medela PIS to the hospital since it's supposed to be portable too? If going on TBM, I am also not sure this time as the last time my gal was on partial BM right from hospital.

dolly, glad to know tat yr bb can suckle now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

personally i also dun like drypers too.. i still prefer pampers for NBs. For this time round, i trying out huggies.

Btw, i want to vent out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] yesterday nite my inlaws & sil's families came over for dinner and after tat my mil and sil sat opp me. Think my mil really treated me transparent (just like the way i treated her) talked so loudly tat my borther not going to celebrate my bb's full mth celebration (reason is tat last time celebrated my girl full mth, their relatives really too much and insisted to carry my girl despite her protest.. my cousins who are not married or no kids were "pushed by their parents or my mil to carry her so tat they can get some sort of "experience" and "luck".. sort of frighten her... my mil used her as if to prarade and insisted tat pp who visited/came for the celebration to hold/cuddle her). Only returned to me after my bb burst out non-stop crying. For me, to see my bb being treated tat way really makes me mad and very sad. When nite time comes, every1 leaves and CL/hubby cleaned the house and slept ard 11pm while i still busy cuddling my crying bb who refuses to stop crying and latch on... by nearly 1am, bb finally throws her head downwards and slept.. really frightens me as i thought she's "gone" liao till i checked her breathing. The insecure feel tat bb went thru tat day went on a few days with non-stop crying too... took me a few days to settle her down. Told my husband tat i not going to go thru it again and if they insisted to have celebration, bb is not going to come out of the room. Thus, my hubby said tat if it's the case, will do away w the celebration (well, he also dun want to do the planning as previously, all the planning/catering/full mth cakes selection/invitations were all done by me.. if i dun do it, he will need to do it)

okie, back to my mil and sil's conversation.. my mil complainted tat last time celebrated and the food was late and some relatives left w/o eating, so this time round got to make up for it.. dun celebrate dun give my fil's face, blah blah blah (i kept quiet). Mil also tried to find out my edd date (which i refused to tell her).. she wants to know as she wants to go on a tour in June and wants to be back "in time" (for me, it's best she's not ard as she "stirred up a storm" for me during my no1)... on seeing tat she complaints and got nothing out of it (no responses fr me and no support fr sil), she went to the kitchen to find my hubby (who was busy washing up the dishes) and tried to pressure/fish out the information tat she wants.. ended up, they have a huge arrugment in the kitche. Later my sil's family need to leave as it's getting late, then they come out fr the kitchen. I told myself not to get involved as i'm already made my stand and will leave it to my hubby to handle his family instead. Super sian.

muddpie,

yup. i did eat durian - whether its the real food or the goodwdpark durian fiesta pastry. and i took more noodles n rice. took some snacks like chocolate, ice cream etc too...just hope to see weight increment on my gal next gynae visit.

my gynae did mention my gal is smaller size than korkor but he ask me nt to worry lo. ask me to cont to eat n then change multi vits for me.

shall wait for my next gynae visit review then see wats the next diet plan.

xuanmin,

hmmm...if unsure, just bring in case u need it and its available?

val, can alway ask your dad cook in the morning in slow cooker b4 go work.. then u just order the conefinemnet food without the soup one.. hee..

auroa,

think some elders like to do tat - let everyone carry the nb as they "believe" the nb will be more managable and will be sociable and willing to let anyone carry.

i personally also dun like to pass my baby ard like a baton to be carried so wat i did during my #1's baby shower was I carried him through out the baby shower. hahaha.

anyway, ya, wat u did is right lo. since u already made ur stand and ur hb support ur decision nt to have baby shower then let him go n handle his own mum...no matter wat, the more dil say or dun say, dils are always at fault =P

Back