(2011/05) May 2011

Dolly - Yes, pls take note on KKH ambulance srv hotline. U gotta inform them u r having regular contractions when u really need their srv, am sure they'll be there on-time. Rather than cab whereby they r not suppose to use bus lane, emergency lane and no siren!

I remembered yrs back, my colleague out of sudden waterbag burst in ofc, sudden surge in regular contractions..we were lost, she also lost coz look at her condition, taking cab is super dangerous. We help her rang ambulance from Mt E, they r really quick! And guess what..she delivered 15min after reaching Mt E and the hb missed it coz he was on his way fr Pasir Ris to Orchard, and stuck in jammed!

Dolly: dun worry so much, rest well and eat well! Good that your mum & maid are around to help out.

Kaykay: I also got mine fro. Ubermum, her service is good!

Apple: how was your durian feast ytd? I was thinking of dropping by later too. Which stall u said yours were? Say u recommend one got special discount?

Mudpie: haven seen u here for some time, how are u?

Seeing all the contraction signs made me very fearful too, I too dunno when is the 'time' le...ytd stomachache ache for about 30minutes...intense pain come & go...not the going toilet kind...so scared that was it le...

dolly, oh u mean ur #1 also dilate earlier? or is a planned c-sec?

apple, my #1 was water bag burst earlier at 35 weeks but luckily did not follow by labour pain immediately. the whole labour took exactly 24 hrs then went for emer c-sec coz only dilated till 8cm.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] super scary

yup, already register my #2 for infant care .. wow u r super, still can travel despite having kids.. which industry u r in?

xuanmin, i am more gang chiong type. already opted for epidural during check up for my #1. and for #2, also has decided to have epidural coz i dont like GA whereby will b unconscious

ya, agree with you that by having #2 our #1 can learn more.. that is our intention of having #2 as well or else i will stop at 1. me too, doc said #2 will be a girl. my #1 also girl, we do not hav intention of having #3. mainly coz we dont hav time to take care of them coz both of us busy with work n the costs of putting three in private childcare will be very high.. we always describe the costs of putting one kid = one car every month hahah.. imagine having 3 cars.. woooo...

re:ambulance

now talking abt ambulance.. oh dear i never thought of taking down ambulance number.. where can we get NUH one? didnt c any number listed on their website.. anyone have? i am alone at home now.. a bit worried after seeing so many stories..

afternoon ladies.

winnedy,

ya, u can google the web for the party stores in singapore. coz i dun really know/recall their names so wat i do is google online. for those tat i am sure there is a party store in tat mall (eg: CentrePt, Raffles City) then i just go to the website of the mall n look at their directory and call frm there. otherwise, when i am out and i pass by any party stores, i will go in look see n ask.

i am almost done with the planning for his party, only left party favors. as for his sch and home celebration, i havent confirm the cakes but small issues can be settled quite fast =)

dolly,

ya, think u better standby KKH ambulance num. #2 delivery usually faster so cant afford to be stuck in jam!

xuanmin,

wah!!! so fast last day of work is next week le. I still have a gd 1mth+ to go. My backup can only come in earliest April 18 and i will already be in 37weeks liao!

mudppie,

my hosp bag is only 10% packed! hahaha.

bubblepearl,

i wanted to donate too but i failed the criteria =P

happymumtobe,

SCBB is public bank, so if u donate or nv donate and if *CHOI* need the cord blood can get frm SCBB if there is a match but i dun think there is any other special privilege like jumping queue etc if u donate la.

Jane - Wow u r quick! Got a slot for infant care [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hmm..I'm in global supply chain. I hv been thinking shd I change job after #2 coming along, but my hb doubt I'll do that coz desk bound job might not have the flexi of what I'm having now and it doesn't guaranteed I can knock off on-time too!

I share your sentiments on kid's edu fees..my girl alone we can pay for 2 cars! Imagine having 3 plus a maid..I think me and hb gotta work 24hrs :p

Re: ambulance

My clinic nurse also asked me to save the contact just in case emergency. Public ambulance will bring us to nearest hospital, so don't dial that.

My colleague case was really no joke. If u see the pool of water on her desk around + the dripping all over, super er xin! And that time her very nice boss somemore wanna offer to drive her to hospital..we were like huh??? I met her last week, we were talking about her delivery coz she said I'm high time soon :p

hey ladies just checking if any of u having white mucus like discharge? im having this discharge for abt 2weeks plus and it seem to be increasing in amt

apple, omg... this is no joke... that's what i'm worried that my hb will missed it too if he's in office...

angie, i can't help worrying as anything may happen... but of coz in the meanwhile, will try to rest well as much as possible...

whitecherry, i don't have the no. i'll find out from the nurse when i'm going there for review...

jane, rite.. my no 1 also dilate 2cm @ 35weeks.. pain level & frequency starts after 36 weeks.. remember one nite before 37 weeks, the interval was one hour then 1/2 hour.. so 4am, have my epidural then 6am has dilated to 10cm & i took less an hour to deliver my girl out...

val, ya lor.. that's what my colleague told me too...

Jane

I can imagine the cost too! My hubby and I are not earning a lot, hsehold income abt $5K but still got to finance our car loan and somemore with #1 in CC and #2 going to IFC, our $$ is depleting like crazy.. I want to take no-pay leave till end of the year also no courage [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So right after my ML, I will be going back to work.

Now tt I remembered, it's Robinson's cardmembers sale today! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple, hah.. ya.. i register my #1 when i was 3 mths pregnant. so same goes to #2, registered when i was 3 months as well.. scare no place mah.. somemore i want two of them to b in same centre..

ya.. agree with you desk bound job is not flexible.. like me, i never go off on time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

true.. high maintenance in sg for kids! the costs i mentioned was just centre fee + diaper + milk.. havnt even include enrichment programmes blah blah... already one kid = one car.. really cant imagine if hav 3 kids..

btw how old is ur #1? who will b taking care of ur #2? maid?

hello all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Jane: may i know which infant care centre you registered for ya baby? Hb and i also considering to sent baby to infant care when she's bout 1yr old, but not too sure which centres are good.. any rec?

dolly, my #1 was water bag burst that was y hav to deliver after 24 hrs.. luckily her birth weigh was ok at 2.4kg @ 35 weeks and no need to be placed at incubator.. but she got prolong jaundice and was admitted to hospital 4 times in a month!! suntanned till black black.. and the readings for jaundice was very high and captured the attention of 2 PD..

and now my #2, early contractions at 31 weeks! gynae wants me to hang on.. i also worried..

xuanmin, agree that with kids going to CC esp IFC, the $$ is like water tap!! a lot of ppl asking me to consider maid, but i really hav no courage in getting one, reliable one is difficult to find and hav to based on luck..

Ya today got Robinsons sales, anyone go there already? any good deal? too bad i am not a member [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

sunflower0121, for centres, i would think that location must be convenient for both of you. I will PM you the name of the centre. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple: really? I m also worried later go all the way down then no nice durians...cos I stay quite far away...

Dolly: ya true...I havin the worrisome feelings lately while thinking of the delivery process. Still lets take things in their stride...we can only hope for the best.

Jane: Robinson card is a must to get! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

angie, just google at ocbc website to get the info on robinsons card. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

split,

i have been having muscus like discharge throughout my pregnancy wo. sometimes alot sometimes nt so much. my gynae says its common as there will be more discharge during pregnancy.

as long as not red muscus plug, is ok.

dolly,

i also worries tat my hb will miss the delivery if he is stuck in jam as he and 1 works at either end of the island...

just hope is over weekend or in the nite when he is ard =P

i wan him to cut umbilical cord for #2 as well. hehhee.

Never get any info for Robinson sales leh. Last week I just bought the Avent blender/steamer there and get a $30 voucher for $180 spend. Any good buy today?

Val, how come fail the criteria. Later I call and ask for more info.

happymumtobe,

1st checkpoint i failed liao..coz my boy has got g6pd deficiency so cant donate.

Re: IFC

Sunflower

May I ask why you want to put your baby only when 1 yr old? Cos by 12mths, they can recognise people and caregivers, and you may have a hard time transiting bb to a new environment. Worse is, they can't talk or verbalise anything, so it's tougher to transit them rather than when they go to childcare at a much later age. I tried putting my gal at IFC when she was abt 14mths old, she cried and cried everytime I bring her near the IFC door. At night, she will cry non-stop too, like nightmarish kind, although the tchrs at IFC are quite nice and patient. Her milk intake went so low, only 120ml every feed. She lost weight within a span of a week. My heart really pain when I see her crying non-stop when she has always been a cheerful gal. In the end, I got no choice but to withdraw her after merely 2 weeks. Once she is back with my mum, she's soooo happy and cheerful! Btw, the main reason why I put her there only at 14mths is tt I want to ease the transition to the affiliated childcare at 18mths. In the end, got to give up. So now, for #2, I will put her much earlier, so that she can get used to it at a younger age, say, 6mths old or earlier.

Hehe..sorry for the long post, just my 2-cents worth [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Field report from Robinson sale: Normal sales today, no special card member sales. i bought pigeon breastpad, no further discount. Pigeon teats and bottles 20%. Shampoo and facial products got 20+20.

Get the $25 voucher from the information counter to offset your purchase if u gog to spend more than $150.

For centrepoint, any receipt above $100, can get $10 captialmall voucher. Max 3 receipt combined.

Val: oic, anyway, i think their success rate quite low too..after 5 yrs, only have 70 successful operation.

@xuanmin: thanx for the advice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] As i am not working currently, i wanted to spend at least the first year with baby before i return to the workforce.. Guess i gotta reconsider putting her into IFC earlier le. Sigh.

winnedy, u pm me? i forward their email leaftlet to u regarding the sales?

happymumtobe: yup, can request for your cord donation, provided its still avaliable.

Can I have the ubermummy website?? Where do they have store?? I don't wanna buy online cos it may nt fix & sizes might vary..

this is what i can get from their sales leaflet.

Posh Baby Shop

Warehouse Sale

Date: 1st – 2nd April 2011 (Fri & Sat)

Time: 10am to 3pm

SALE Up to 40% off

Participating Brands

Little Touch Sling & Pouch, Skip Hop,

Hopscotch Kids, Fabulous Moms, Ubermums,

Anne Mathew, GOO.N, Lamaze, K’s Kids

Naforye, The Safe Sippy 2, Carters, Nissen,

Sophie Giraffe, Kvoll Korean Ladies Shoes

Orange Elephant, any many more!!!

37 Jalan Pemimpin

Blk A Clarus Centre

#07-02D Singapore 577177

val, put it this way... better he get stuck in traffic then u get stuck in traffic. Of coz better if labour starts at night so u'll be together. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my hb didn't make it in time for my #2 delivery. He was only 15mins late.

apple: woah.. your colleague really had a dramatic delivery. Was just on concall with my boss in US talking abt starting to work from home now and mentioned that it is really difficult to get a cab in CBD where we are if I suddenly go into labour. Then he said better to just stay in the office to deliver - he said there must be someone in the building who knows how to deliver the kid. haha.. Then I told him yah and wait till u receive the cleaning bill from the building management. hehehe.. and immediately he laughed and said "ok ok.. you got it, you really know how to make finance pple say yes!" :p we were just joking throughout and he was not being mean but it's so true. i can't imagine the cleaning it will involve.

re: cordblood banking

Did any of you check with your insurance agent regarding coverage on cordblood banking? I heard from a friend many years ago that insurance company generally do not pay for operations etc that involves cordblood. Heard it's very ex.. so something like that. If so, is it worth doing cordblood banking? Would we be in a situation that we spend so much money on keeping the cordblood and then at the end of the day not be able to claim for the costs of operations / hospitalisation etc and it will be too expensive for us to do it?

sunflower , xuanmin

i agree with what xuanmin mentioned abt IFC. i put my #1 there quite early coz of work, that time she was just 2 months plus, so no problem with adjusting. in fact, learn a lot from those experience staff in CC. i was first time mummy, and my girl tends to drink less at first, but after CC, my girl drank more milk. same when came to playgroup, the kids are kind of forced to learn to eat by themselves and be independent.

but for my #2, i only intend to put bb in after 3 or 4 months coz this time i want to spend more time with bb.

however, be prepared for their medical bills, coz they tend to fall sick easily for the first year! that time nearly every month went to c PD.. :p

I took a nap just now with my girl..hehe the weather really HOT and we both hide in the aircon room..shiok!

newtoitall - Yes! U know after the waterbag and dramatic incident, 1/4 of the ofc has to go for carpet shampooing, her ofc chair gotta discard and so on. It is really no joke the amount of work & $$ :p I guess if ur job allows u to work fr home, go for it.

Wah you hb didn't make it on your delivery due to traffic jam? I just warned my hb over the weekends sometimes he went to cleanroom where I have no way to contact him coz no hp reception at all..what if any emergency I think I also a dramatic saga..haha

He suggested I call his boss or colleague in case I cannot reach him.

bubble pearl - envy u la..always get to cheong sale bcoz of the working location. My ofc used to locate at NAC, but now cut cost [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] moved to ulu place..sigh

Hi mummies

i have a very good condition 9/10 infant carrier for sale.

Suitable from new born to 12mo/13kg

Can be used as a rocker too

No stain, no tear, come from a smoke-free and pet-free family

used less then 5 times as baby prefer to be hand carried

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5288164.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5288165.jpg]

Hi Mummies,

I am from 2010 thread.

I have a preloved Yao Lan (Manual) for sale. Comes with 2 clothes.

Rarely used. Condition: Very good.

Asking for $50.

Self collect at Punggol.

PM me for pics.

Thanks for the advice on therma flask, winnedy.

I can't sleep at all last night. Feel crampy n bb kicking v hard twds chest area. My pelvic pain still there, feels horrible.

new maid coming in tonight, like alot thgs nt settled m Nw in this condition, can't stand or walk for more than 5 mins, wonder Hw to teach.

Mummies

Jus finished reading your above posts, so worried I might get into awkward situations during labour too. Do u have TMC ambulance hotline?

Back